> http://www.randomcat.co.uk/images/cats/kitty008.jpg
>
> It is a cat in a jar. WTF???

It must be one of those Bonzai Kitties.
I think I'll order one.

Priscilla Ballou
July 13th 03, 10:08 PM
In article >,
the catlord > wrote:

> >Troll, maybe spammer, with new identity.
>
> **** YOU JOE. I posted to see whether or not people considered it
> abuse, rather than simply complain to the site since I wasn't sure
> myself. Not that someone as stupid as you would care.

I think most of us consider it a use of Photoshop.

Priscilla
--
Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum,
minutus carborata descendum pantorum.

Seanette Blaylock
July 13th 03, 11:35 PM
Priscilla Ballou > had some very interesting
things to say about Re: Cat in a jar.:
>In article >,
> the catlord > wrote:
>> >Troll, maybe spammer, with new identity.
>> F*CK YOU JOE. I posted to see whether or not people considered it
>> abuse, rather than simply complain to the site since I wasn't sure
>> myself. Not that someone as stupid as you would care.
>I think most of us consider it a use of Photoshop.

Especially if one has the brains to Google the apparently about
semi-annual mentions of this particular hoax [I can think back to
hearing about this at least two *years* ago, *without* help from
Google], or to consult the Urban Legends Reference Pages [see
http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/outrage/bonsai.htm for particulars on
this specific joke], or to check any of the other fairly numerous hoax
sites around *before* going into hysterics.

--
Felix, with help from his secretary/Mom

Priscilla H Ballou
July 14th 03, 04:40 PM
In rec.pets.cats.health+behav the catlord > wrote:
>The picture is on a site with some other random cat pictures and does
>not look photoshopped to me, but maybe it is. It is a cat that
>someone has stuffed in a jar or at least appears to be that and my
>instant reaction was to think that wasn't particulary kind to the cat.

>It might be from someone who got the idea from bonsai kitten but I
>still have problems with someone stuffing a cat into a jar even if it
>was just to "be cute" or whatever. Good god, I'll drop it. If you
>want to complain to the site owner or not, that's your business. I'm
>forgetting about the whole damn thing.

It's a glass, not a jar, and it looks like a damn fine example of
Photoshopping to me.

Priscilla