PDA

View Full Version : feeding my cat..??

Jamiroquai
August 10th 03, 05:31 AM
i was wondering how much should i feed my cat a day..?? it meows and meows
constantly when theres food around i understand its an animal and it doesnt
understand and it starts crying if we dont give it any, i feed it just under
half the can the can is 190g, once in the morning and once at night, can
anyone help me out i dont want to make my cat a fat cat and feed it more
than i should and shorten its life span like i haveheard if you over feed
your cat..

Sylvia M
August 11th 03, 02:25 AM
"Jamiroquai" > wrote in message
> i was wondering how much should i feed my cat a day..?? it meows and meows
> constantly when theres food around i understand its an animal and it
doesnt
> understand and it starts crying if we dont give it any, i feed it just
under
> half the can the can is 190g, once in the morning and once at night, can
> anyone help me out i dont want to make my cat a fat cat and feed it more
> than i should and shorten its life span like i haveheard if you over feed
> your cat..

Since your cat is only 9 months old, purrhaps you should try to 'free-feed"
it, at least for a while. Measure out more than you think it will eat, and
see when it stops. If you used dry food, I'd say put out 2 cups in the
morning,
and measure again next morning. After a few days, you should be able to
figure out what is right for it. If it starts being heavier than your vet
reccomends, then very slowly decrease the amount a bit.

Also, I'm not sure if you should be feeding 'adult' or 'kitten' food, since
it may still be growing, but your vet will know.

Happy to help (Advice can be asked for and given, but not necessarily taken,
you kno...

Sylvia