PDA

View Full Version : Re: I'm Terminally ILL: MIssy & Rascal Need a Loving Home

onlyThreeCats
August 28th 03, 08:07 PM
Hello...

I don't usually comment when I don't have much to offer, but just
wanted to say my heart goes out to you - all of you. Unfortunately I
am both too far away, and my small home is cat-full - lovingly so, but
not so we can afford more from such a long distance away right now.

It is touching to see someone who by all rights should be very
occupied with his own troubles care so much for fur-friends. All the
best of luck in finding Missy and Rascal their new loving home. I
hope this group can come through as it often has, and that all members
in and around Florida, or with friends/family there, can help spread
the word and get someone in touch with you. I once helped re-home an
FIV+ cat from San Francisco to a new FIV-tolerant home in Seattle, all
from my computer desk in Southern Ontario, so all is possible.

Peace,

Johanna

"cybercat" > wrote in message . net>...
> Wednesday, August 27, 2003
>
> Missy & Rascal Say Hello.
>
> ______________________
>

> I will "cut to the chase." I am dying. I have a terminal illness
> and must find a Loving home for my 2 soulmate cats. Missy & Rascal:

Beverly Orel
August 29th 03, 10:05 PM
I cried when I read your letter. I wish I could help you, but I live in New
Jersey and already have a cat, Samantha, who would not like "company" I
will foward your message to my daughter, Gwen, who lives in Montgomery, AL.
She may know of some agency or person in your area. She has three cats
which she rescued from a kill-shelter in the Atlanta, Ga. area.

Best of luck.

Beverly
"cybercat" > wrote in message
link.net...

> [...]
> Loving home when Daddy goes away. Their Daddy will be at peace if he
> knows these little ones are safe and secure in a Good, Loving home.
>
> There are a number of websites designed to help console bereaving
> PET OWNERS who have lost their beloved pet. But I would like to suggest
> that bereavement is bereavement. Such Loss and Suffering is also felt
> by critters who have suddenly and inexplicably lost their owner. Missy &
> Rascal are so profoundly bonded to their Daddy. Their beds are right
> near their Daddy's bed. They follow him everywhere. Never has a day gone
> by that he did not recognize, in some way or gesture, their existence
> ... their 'Being.' They will not understand what happened to him ... why
> he went away and left them. Their bereavement and confusion will be
> immense.
>
> So it occurred to me that these two mutual, yet inverse,
> circumstances Could Help To Heal Each Other at a time of profound sorrow
> and loss for both. No critter can ever take the place of the beloved pet
> a pet owner has lost. And no one can really take the place of 'Daddy'
> for Missy & Rascal. But imagine how a bereaving pet owner might be able
> to intuitively console Missy & Rascal in their time of profound sorrow,
> loss, confusion and bereavement. And imagine how Missy & Rascal, by some
> strange spin of spiritual instinct, might help the profoundly bereaving
> pet owner . . . because each is suffering from the same sense of loss,
> of emptiness, of sorrow and confusion. Each is sensitive to the other's
> plight by virtue of being 'in that same place' themselves. Animals Know
> Heart! Missy & Rascal are 2 very sensitive, conscious Beings.
>
> Perhaps there is a way in which sorrow can help heal sorrow ... a
> way in which emptiness can help fill emptiness? Perhaps there is a way
> in which Missy & Rascal could help heal the suffering of a bereaving pet
> owner who has lost a dear pet ... where a bereaving pet owner could, in
> turn, help Missy & Rascal in their time of great need and profound loss
> and immense confusion.
>
> If not a bereaving pet owner -- perhaps there is someone out there
> who is sensitive to the dilemma I have described here, who can help make
> sure Missy & Rascal have a good, safe and secure Loving home Together.
> After all the time we have spent together, they deserve something more
> than an Animal Shelter and "The Blue Juice."
>
> Read all about Missy & Rascal at their Website where there are lots of
> pictures and descriptions with stories about them . . . See the "My Cats
> Family Album" Web Link below.
>
> If YOU Can Help
> Please E-mail me at:
>
> _____________________________________
>
> Missy & Rascal Letter
> http://www.geocities.com/photquest/cats_ltr.html
>
> Missy & Rascal Family Photo Album Website
> http://www.geocities.com/photoquest2003/cats.html
>
> Missy & Rascal Family Photo Album 2 Website

cybercat
August 31st 03, 11:14 AM
That is my hope. The sand is pouring out of the hour-glass faster than
it is running in.

I sent e-mails to all local rescue groups but have heard nothing back.
It's a holiday weekend. Maybe in a few days. I have lived my life in a
full way. Rascal and Missy deserve a chance to live their lives too.
There must be a "Soul-Match" out there somewhere. Who ever takes Missy
and Rascal home with them will be walking off with a spiritual and
emotional and intellectual Goldmine.

We shall patient wait.
____________________________________

"You will know the advancement or decline of a civilization by its
treatment of the animals."
-- Mahatma Gandhi --
____________________________________

--
Sincerely,,
T. Jacobs - Cybercat

"Carol" > wrote in message
om...
> Again, I'm afraid I can be of little help, but I discussed your
> situation with a co-worker who is a rescuer. If you get no response
> from the net (which I doubt because we immediately fell in love with
> your brother and sister), she suggested you contact a rescuer in
> Florida. Legitimate rescuers will see that they stay together and get
> a good home. Peace to you.
>
> Carol
>
> "cybercat" > wrote in message
. net>...
> [...]
make
> > sure Missy & Rascal have a good, safe and secure Loving home
Together.
> > After all the time we have spent together, they deserve something
more
> > than an Animal Shelter and "The Blue Juice."
> >
> > Read all about Missy & Rascal at their Website where there are lots
of
> > pictures and descriptions with stories about them . . . See the "My
Cats
> > Family Album" Web Link below.
> >
> > If YOU Can Help
> > Please E-mail me at:
> >
> > _____________________________________
> >
> > Missy & Rascal Letter
> > http://www.geocities.com/photquest/cats_ltr.html
> >
> > Missy & Rascal Family Photo Album Website
> > http://www.geocities.com/photoquest2003/cats.html
> >
> > Missy & Rascal Family Photo Album 2 Website

Fred Williams
September 1st 03, 02:48 AM
cybercat wrote:

> That is my hope. The sand is pouring out of the hour-glass faster
> than it is running in.
>
> I sent e-mails to all local rescue groups but have heard nothing
> back.
> It's a holiday weekend. Maybe in a few days. I have lived my life
> in a
> full way. Rascal and Missy deserve a chance to live their lives
> too.
> There must be a "Soul-Match" out there somewhere. Who ever takes
> Missy and Rascal home with them will be walking off with a spiritual
> and emotional and intellectual Goldmine.
>
> We shall patient wait.

My prayers are with you and all the family. I am much too far away
and in Canada to be of much help, but please keep us all informed.
You should get some response from the Rescue groups as soon as the
holiday weekend is over. I will "hold you in the light."

--
Regards
Fred

Remove FFFf to reply, please

CyberCat
September 4th 03, 11:00 AM
It sounds promising. We might be able to rent a small truck to get
everythiing out there. They have have two cat trees which you may have
seen at their photo album website. They have lots of toys and a few
different cat beds and beanbag beds to share if you have cats already.

Please write me and tell me about yourself generally. How many cats do
you have now? What are their names? Do you live in a home or
apartment? That kind of thing. Rascal and Missy are very gentle sweet
critters so they will adjust and adapt over time, I am certain.

I look forward to hearing from you.

--
Sincerely,
T. Jacobs - Cybercat

(Remove the "obstacles_")
____________

"Rain It Pours.... =-\" > wrote in message
> I'm a lurker.. LoL , I would love to take your cats, but my car is
broke
> down right now.
> I live in Lakeland , Florida.. Not too far. And I would get lost in
> Tampa. =( Maybe if I can find a ride/someone who wont get lost, I can
> help you. I love cats, and every cat deserves a good loving home. I'll
> post back tomorrow.
>
> Sarah

CyberCat
September 4th 03, 11:02 AM