PDA

View Full Version : Re: Goodbye, dear friend

Rick
September 12th 03, 04:35 AM
Dan and Nancy Mahoney > wrote in
:

> It's been 4 months since the passing of Miss DD, but I feel the
> need to post a tribute to her now.
>
> DD cat, you were a beauty. Your lovely shades of grey, the
> lovely rings around your tail, your soft, soft coat - you were
> one of the most beautiful kitties I've ever known.
>
> Watching you enjoy the bathtub faucet drips was so rewarding.
> That you enjoyed so much satisfaction from such a simple act was
> heartwarming. You were the only cat I've ever known who actually
> enjoyed getting wet.
>
> When we almost lost you in 2000 to CRF, we came to appreciate
> how truly important you were to us. Your determination to make
> it through that ordeal was inspiring. As difficult as it was for
> us to take you in to the vet for hydration, we know that it was
> much more difficult for you. We greatly appreciate the patience
> and tolerance you showed in your last month, as we stumbled
> through learning how to administer sub-Q fluids.
>
> Finally, thank you for letting us kow when it was time to go.
> That was one of the most painful things we've ever had to do,
> but when you decided it was time to put an end to the suffering,
> we had to oblige.
>
> We loved you deeply, Miss DD, and we love you still. We also
> knew quite clearly that you loved us - you communicated that
> quite well. We will have more cats over the years, but nobody
> will ever replace you. We both hope that your time at the
> Rainbow Bridge will be warm, sun-filled, and comfortable.
>
> Dan and Nancy

Very sweet and touching. Thanks you for posting. I certainly know
the feeling.

The Clowder
September 13th 03, 05:04 PM
Dan and Nancy Mahoney > wrote:

>It's been 4 months since the passing of Miss DD, but I feel the need to
>post a tribute to her now.

<snipt fur da noozsurrfur>

Dat wuz a *furry* fine tribyoot, wee feeel like wee noo Miz DD a
liddull now. Cleeerly yu were all furry furrtoonit to haff met an
luffed eech offur.

Mietze

Beverly Orel
September 14th 03, 11:15 PM
Dan and Nancy --

It's so sad to lose a dear friend and companion. Your tribute to Miss DD
was so loving. I wish you well and know that you will always have fond
memories of your furry friend.

Even after two years, I sometimes expect to see Siggy waiting for me to go
out and bring in the morning papers. It's tough.

Beverly
"Dan and Nancy Mahoney" > wrote in message
> It's been 4 months since the passing of Miss DD, but I feel the need to
> post a tribute to her now.
>
> DD cat, you were a beauty. Your lovely shades of grey, the lovely rings
> around your tail, your soft, soft coat - you were one of the most
> beautiful kitties I've ever known.
>
> Watching you enjoy the bathtub faucet drips was so rewarding. That you
> enjoyed so much satisfaction from such a simple act was heartwarming.
> You were the only cat I've ever known who actually enjoyed getting wet.
>
> When we almost lost you in 2000 to CRF, we came to appreciate how truly
> important you were to us. Your determination to make it through that
> ordeal was inspiring. As difficult as it was for us to take you in to
> the vet for hydration, we know that it was much more difficult for you.
> We greatly appreciate the patience and tolerance you showed in your last
> month, as we stumbled through learning how to administer sub-Q fluids.
>
> Finally, thank you for letting us kow when it was time to go. That was
> one of the most painful things we've ever had to do, but when you
> decided it was time to put an end to the suffering, we had to oblige.
>
> We loved you deeply, Miss DD, and we love you still. We also knew quite
> clearly that you loved us - you communicated that quite well. We will
> have more cats over the years, but nobody will ever replace you. We both
> hope that your time at the Rainbow Bridge will be warm, sun-filled, and
> comfortable.
>
> Dan and Nancy

Hotspur
September 19th 03, 01:05 AM
(The Clowder (South)) wrote in message >...
> Dan and Nancy Mahoney > wrote:
>
> >It's been 4 months since the passing of Miss DD, but I feel the need to
> >post a tribute to her now.
>
> <snipt fur da noozsurrfur>
>
> Dat wuz a *furry* fine tribyoot, wee feeel like wee noo Miz DD a
> liddull now. Cleeerly yu were all furry furrtoonit to haff met an
> luffed eech offur.
>
> Mietze

Dat wuzz indeed a fin tryboot. We iz shur dat owr own Tessie de Tank
an ferit Loki wuz der to greet Miss DD an shows hur awron de brij. We
sens owr purrs fur yoo.

Seti, fur de gang

Ray or Fran
October 4th 03, 06:15 PM
Dan/Nancy - what a lovely tribute to DD. Thank you for posting.

Fran

Carol
October 6th 03, 02:18 AM
I am sure DD is happy and healthy. We wish you peace and comfort in your grief.

and Nancy Mahoney > wrote in message >...
> It's been 4 months since the passing of Miss DD, but I feel the need to
> post a tribute to her now.
>
> DD cat, you were a beauty. Your lovely shades of grey, the lovely rings
> around your tail, your soft, soft coat - you were one of the most
> beautiful kitties I've ever known.
>
> Watching you enjoy the bathtub faucet drips was so rewarding. That you
> enjoyed so much satisfaction from such a simple act was heartwarming.
> You were the only cat I've ever known who actually enjoyed getting wet.
>
> When we almost lost you in 2000 to CRF, we came to appreciate how truly
> important you were to us. Your determination to make it through that
> ordeal was inspiring. As difficult as it was for us to take you in to
> the vet for hydration, we know that it was much more difficult for you.
> We greatly appreciate the patience and tolerance you showed in your last
> month, as we stumbled through learning how to administer sub-Q fluids.
>
> Finally, thank you for letting us kow when it was time to go. That was
> one of the most painful things we've ever had to do, but when you
> decided it was time to put an end to the suffering, we had to oblige.
>
> We loved you deeply, Miss DD, and we love you still. We also knew quite
> clearly that you loved us - you communicated that quite well. We will
> have more cats over the years, but nobody will ever replace you. We both
> hope that your time at the Rainbow Bridge will be warm, sun-filled, and
> comfortable.
>
> Dan and Nancy

Miss Violette
October 20th 03, 10:53 AM
we are sorry for your loss, Miss Violette for all here