PDA

View Full Version : September 15, 2003. My Heart and Soul is Gone

Kami
September 15th 03, 02:29 PM
I woke up this morning, dished out the food. Spook wasn't there. I looked and
found her soft, sweet body.

She was okay at midnight last night. I couldn't sleep and popped popcorn, and
she put her paw on my arm cause she wanted to know what I had.

But between then and now, she left for the Rainbow Bridge. She was only 5-1/2
years.

I can't believe this. It's a bad bad dream.

I brought her beautiful body to the vet, cause I need to know why. He said most
likely sudden cardiomyopathy.

Spook was my life. She made me laugh. She got me thru Princess' illness and
final days. When Princess died, Spook comforted me. Now no kitty is comforting
me. I think the only one who notices she's gone is Whiskers.

She had the most wonderful purrsona. I'm going to miss her antics, her hugs and
cuddles. I'm not the same without her.

I put my face into her soft furs before her for the last time.

I love you my baby.

Kami

--
emayl me at furpods at mindspring dot com

spike&stormy
September 15th 03, 04:56 PM
Kami wrote:

> I woke up this morning, dished out the food. Spook wasn't there. I looked and
> found her soft, sweet body.
>
> She was okay at midnight last night. I couldn't sleep and popped popcorn, and
> she put her paw on my arm cause she wanted to know what I had.
>
> But between then and now, she left for the Rainbow Bridge. She was only 5-1/2
> years.
>
> I can't believe this. It's a bad bad dream.
>
> I brought her beautiful body to the vet, cause I need to know why. He said most
> likely sudden cardiomyopathy.
>
> Spook was my life. She made me laugh. She got me thru Princess' illness and
> final days. When Princess died, Spook comforted me. Now no kitty is comforting
> me. I think the only one who notices she's gone is Whiskers.
>
> She had the most wonderful purrsona. I'm going to miss her antics, her hugs and
> cuddles. I'm not the same without her.
>
> I put my face into her soft furs before her for the last time.
>
> I love you my baby.
>
> Kami

Anti Kami, we iz so sorry tu heer dis turrible news. Spook wuz a wunnerfull kitty
an we will miss hur furry much. We sends many purrs fur hur jurney and many purrs
fur yur broken hart.

Spike & Stormy, krying wif sadness

The Fur Conspiracy
September 15th 03, 07:42 PM
Hi, Anti Kami;

Lotza purrz an waggaz frum awl ov uz.

Ms. M-M

The Fur Conspiracy:
Mr. T.S. Eliot (VC), Ms. Martha-Mound (SOC, TGK), Mr. GrowlTiger,
Shadow da Pup, and (Furry) Fred
also Mr. TigerSam (PC) and Clarence da Choklit Moose
[Edit it to make it work.]

Me
September 15th 03, 07:58 PM
Kami wrote:
> I woke up this morning, dished out the food. Spook wasn't there. I looked and
> found her soft, sweet body.

Kami,

Weze all wishin Spook a ezy trip to da Rainbow Bridj. Dere's lotz of mms
an a big hole in yur heart now. Weze unnerstand cuz we lost Fluffy a few
weeks ago suddenly an ar hoomins were bof mms'ing lots. Weze sending yu
lots ov cumfurting purrs.

Snowflake and Frieda an der hoomins

Bingo
September 15th 03, 08:56 PM
Kami > wrote in
:

> I woke up this morning, dished out the food. Spook wasn't
> there. I looked and found her soft, sweet body.
>
> She was okay at midnight last night. I couldn't sleep and
> popped popcorn, and she put her paw on my arm cause she wanted
> to know what I had.
>
> But between then and now, she left for the Rainbow Bridge. She
> was only 5-1/2 years.
>
> I can't believe this. It's a bad bad dream.
>
> I brought her beautiful body to the vet, cause I need to know
> why. He said most likely sudden cardiomyopathy.
>
> Spook was my life. She made me laugh. She got me thru
> Princess' illness and final days. When Princess died, Spook
> comforted me. Now no kitty is comforting me. I think the only
> one who notices she's gone is Whiskers.
>
> She had the most wonderful purrsona. I'm going to miss her
> antics, her hugs and cuddles. I'm not the same without her.
>
> I put my face into her soft furs before her for the last time.
>
> I love you my baby.
>
> Kami
>

> --
> emayl me at furpods at mindspring dot com

Oh, that's so sad! Though I lost Edie one week ago today, at least
she had 12 good years. I lost Comet at three years, so I know your
pain of premature loss. Doesn't like she suffered much, though.
Take some solice in that. It's just you who's suffering now.
Please take care of youself.

KS
September 15th 03, 09:25 PM
Unca Cory wrote:

>> But between then and now, she left for the Rainbow Bridge. She was only 5-1/2
>> years.
>
>Talk about a life cut WAY too short...

Yeah.

>> I can't believe this. It's a bad bad dream.
>
>I can understand that. I'm having trouble processing it myself, and
>Spook didn't even live with me or anything.

She was an incredible cat, knew what she wanted, including knowing everything I
was doing. She was curious about everything, even vets' offices.

>Rest in peace, "Spook-A-Dook". I'll miss you, my friend, and I'll always
>remember you.
>
>--- Unca Cory

Your nemesis, huh. (-:

I just got a call from the vet. It seems she had some undetected serious
problems. He said that Spook's spleen had ruptured and bled into her
tummy. He said she might have had lymphona. He said none of this would be
picked up in the bloodwork.

I had no idea that anything was wrong. She was at a vet clinic, the Animal
Medical Center in NYC, less than 2 weeks ago, and nothing was detected.

I'm beyond shock. How could she hide this so well? I mean, I held her in my
arms yesterday afternoon, and she showed no sign of pain.

And so strange.... She seemed to be putting on weight, esp. side to side. I was
very worried about it, and had thought a few times that she might explode. She
did.

My poor baby!! )-:

Kami

--
emayl me at furpods at mindspring dot com

The Clowder
September 15th 03, 10:58 PM
KS > wrote:

>I just got a call from the vet. It seems she had some undetected serious
>problems. He said that Spook's spleen had ruptured and bled into her
>tummy. He said she might have had lymphona. He said none of this would be
>picked up in the bloodwork.
>
>I had no idea that anything was wrong. She was at a vet clinic, the Animal
>Medical Center in NYC, less than 2 weeks ago, and nothing was detected.
>
>I'm beyond shock. How could she hide this so well? I mean, I held her in my
>arms yesterday afternoon, and she showed no sign of pain.
>
>And so strange.... She seemed to be putting on weight, esp. side to side. I was
>very worried about it, and had thought a few times that she might explode. She
>did.
>
>My poor baby!! )-:
>
>Kami

She might very well not have been in pain when you held her, it
certainly sounds as though she wasn't, that the rupture was so sudden
that it took her immediately.

This is really, really hard to believe, Spook was such a vibrant
little character and I felt as though I genuinely knew her through
your posts. An unforgettable, bright spirit. My heart hurts so much
for you, Kami, and r.p.c.c. won't quite be the same without her.

Melissa

KS
September 15th 03, 11:24 PM
The Clowder (South) wrote:

>She might very well not have been in pain when you held her, it
>certainly sounds as though she wasn't, that the rupture was so sudden
>that it took her immediately.
>
>This is really, really hard to believe, Spook was such a vibrant
>little character and I felt as though I genuinely knew her through
>your posts. An unforgettable, bright spirit. My heart hurts so much
>for you, Kami, and r.p.c.c. won't quite be the same without her.
>
>Melissa

Thanks Melissa. She was a bright vibrant spirit here, and my "compartment"
feels empty without her.

Kami

--
emayl me at furpods at mindspring dot com

Fred Williams
September 15th 03, 11:59 PM
Kami wrote:

> I woke up this morning, dished out the food. Spook wasn't there. I
> looked and found her soft, sweet body.
>
> She was okay at midnight last night. I couldn't sleep and popped
> popcorn, and she put her paw on my arm cause she wanted to know what
> I had.
>
> But between then and now, she left for the Rainbow Bridge. She was
> only 5-1/2 years.
>
> I can't believe this. It's a bad bad dream.
>
> I brought her beautiful body to the vet, cause I need to know why.
> He said most likely sudden cardiomyopathy.
>
> Spook was my life. She made me laugh. She got me thru Princess'
> illness and
> final days. When Princess died, Spook comforted me. Now no kitty
> is comforting
> me. I think the only one who notices she's gone is Whiskers.
>
> She had the most wonderful purrsona. I'm going to miss her antics,
> her hugs and
> cuddles. I'm not the same without her.
>
> I put my face into her soft furs before her for the last time.
>
> I love you my baby.
>
> Kami

Wow! What a shock. I thought Spook would be around the group fur a
long long time. So did you, of course. You know everything we've
shared with each other about the bridge, how all the wonderful
furriends who have gone before will be there to help them, how you
are not alone and we've been there before, and how Spook will always
be with you. All that,... all those thoughts and love and caring
and purrayers are with you and Spook this day. You will be together
again. May Bast bless Spook and you and Whiskers as well. You'll
all be in my prayers.

--
With full Sympathy
Fred & Jetadiah

Remove FFFf to reply, please

The Clowder
September 16th 03, 12:09 AM
KS > wrote:

>The Clowder (South) wrote:
>
>>She might very well not have been in pain when you held her, it
>>certainly sounds as though she wasn't, that the rupture was so sudden
>>that it took her immediately.
>>
>>This is really, really hard to believe, Spook was such a vibrant
>>little character and I felt as though I genuinely knew her through
>>your posts. An unforgettable, bright spirit. My heart hurts so much
>>for you, Kami, and r.p.c.c. won't quite be the same without her.
>>
>>Melissa
>
>Thanks Melissa. She was a bright vibrant spirit here, and my "compartment"
>feels empty without her.
>
>Kami

I know it does, I know. <hug> It doesn't matter how long we have
with the special star kitties, it's never enough, and it is
devastating when they leave. Truly, though, the love we share and the
lessons they teach us are ours to keep forever.

Melissa

Sylvia M
September 16th 03, 12:29 AM
OMG!!! {{{Kami}}}
We'll miss hur and hur wunnurfull senze ov hoomur, an da abvenshurz weez
had... Sooosoooo sorry, Anti Kami!!!!

So sorry Kami, saying that she didn't suffer just isn't enough!

Sylvia & Dyna

> I woke up this morning, dished out the food. Spook wasn't there. I
looked and
> found her soft, sweet body.
>
> She was okay at midnight last night. I couldn't sleep and popped popcorn,
and
> she put her paw on my arm cause she wanted to know what I had.
>
> But between then and now, she left for the Rainbow Bridge. She was only
5-1/2
> years.
>
> I can't believe this. It's a bad bad dream.
>
> I brought her beautiful body to the vet, cause I need to know why. He
said most
> likely sudden cardiomyopathy.
>
> Spook was my life. She made me laugh. She got me thru Princess' illness
and
> final days. When Princess died, Spook comforted me. Now no kitty is
comforting
> me. I think the only one who notices she's gone is Whiskers.
>
> She had the most wonderful purrsona. I'm going to miss her antics, her
hugs and
> cuddles. I'm not the same without her.
>
> I put my face into her soft furs before her for the last time.
>
> I love you my baby.
>
> Kami
>

> --
> emayl me at furpods at mindspring dot com

Adam
September 16th 03, 01:10 AM
"Kami" wrote:
> I woke up this morning, dished out the food. Spook wasn't there. I
looked and
> found her soft, sweet body.

<sniffle> Ize don't know whut tu say, excep dat me an Unca Adam an neerly
efurrykitty an hoomin in dis noosgroop can understan what yur goin thru.
Ize will not furget Spook, an whut she dun here in da groop.

I know dat Lionel is welkuming hur at da Brij.

Allegra
==========
[Louise has no words at all, but sends purrs to Anti Kami an Whiskers an
Bootsie an Sassy an liddle stripy Gizmo]

September 16th 03, 01:44 AM
On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 13:29:11 GMT, Kami >
wrote:

>I woke up this morning, dished out the food. Spook wasn't there. I looked and
>found her soft, sweet body.
>
>She was okay at midnight last night. I couldn't sleep and popped popcorn, and
>she put her paw on my arm cause she wanted to know what I had.
>
>But between then and now, she left for the Rainbow Bridge. She was only 5-1/2
>years.
>
>I can't believe this. It's a bad bad dream.
>
>I brought her beautiful body to the vet, cause I need to know why. He said most
>likely sudden cardiomyopathy.
>
>Spook was my life. She made me laugh. She got me thru Princess' illness and
>final days. When Princess died, Spook comforted me. Now no kitty is comforting
>me. I think the only one who notices she's gone is Whiskers.
>
>She had the most wonderful purrsona. I'm going to miss her antics, her hugs and
>cuddles. I'm not the same without her.
>
>I put my face into her soft furs before her for the last time.
>
>I love you my baby.
>
>Kami

<Grey boy assumes meatloaf position and begins to purr rilly hard>
Mama an I is furry sorry to hear dis. Spook is up at thu Bridj wif
Miss Bert an a hole buncha other furfriends. We's sososo sorry for
yur loss AntiKami.

Charlie Fennel, with wet furz from mama drippin waddermonsters

Bingo
September 16th 03, 04:26 AM
KS > wrote in
:

> Unca Cory wrote:
>
>>> But between then and now, she left for the Rainbow Bridge.
>>> She was only 5-1/2 years.
>>
>>Talk about a life cut WAY too short...
>
> Yeah.
>
>>> I can't believe this. It's a bad bad dream.
>>
>>I can understand that. I'm having trouble processing it myself,
>>and Spook didn't even live with me or anything.
>
> She was an incredible cat, knew what she wanted, including
> knowing everything I was doing. She was curious about
> everything, even vets' offices.
>
>>Rest in peace, "Spook-A-Dook". I'll miss you, my friend, and
>>I'll always remember you.
>>
>>--- Unca Cory
>
> Your nemesis, huh. (-:
>
> I just got a call from the vet. It seems she had some
> undetected serious problems. He said that Spook's spleen had
> ruptured and bled into her tummy. He said she might have had
> lymphona. He said none of this would be picked up in the
> bloodwork.
>
> I had no idea that anything was wrong. She was at a vet clinic,
> the Animal Medical Center in NYC, less than 2 weeks ago, and
> nothing was detected.
>
> I'm beyond shock. How could she hide this so well? I mean, I
> held her in my arms yesterday afternoon, and she showed no sign
> of pain.
>
> And so strange.... She seemed to be putting on weight, esp. side
> to side. I was very worried about it, and had thought a few
> times that she might explode. She did.
>
> My poor baby!! )-:
>
> Kami
>

> --
> emayl me at furpods at mindspring dot com

Sounds familiar. After $1200 of tests, xrays, biopsies and
ultarsounds my vet told me the mass in Edie's chest was "nothing
big and bad." Two days later she was gone.

KS
September 16th 03, 02:05 PM
Bingo wrote:

>Sounds familiar. After $1200 of tests, xrays, biopsies and
>ultarsounds my vet told me the mass in Edie's chest was "nothing
>big and bad." Two days later she was gone.

How could a mass be "nothing big and bad"? And if you'd gone further, the cat
might have suffered more. As with Spook, s/he was spared of that, as much as it
hurts us guardians.

Kami

--
emayl me at furpods at mindspring dot com

Me
September 16th 03, 02:43 PM
KS wrote:
> Bingo wrote:
>

>>Sounds familiar. After $1200 of tests, xrays, biopsies and
>>ultarsounds my vet told me the mass in Edie's chest was "nothing
>>big and bad." Two days later she was gone.
>

> How could a mass be "nothing big and bad"?

My Opus (RB) had a benign hepatic tumor, which was a "nothing big and
bad" mass.

Julie

KS
September 16th 03, 04:19 PM
dsh-diva wrote:

>Kami, weze so furry sorree to heer abowt Spook. She wuz so yung.
>Menny purrs and hedbutts to you to heel yur sadsad hart.
>Xena and Callisto

Thanks.

Kami

--

spike&stormy wrote:

>Anti Kami, we iz so sorry tu heer dis turrible news. Spook wuz a wunnerfull kitty
>an we will miss hur furry much. We sends many purrs fur hur jurney and many purrs
>fur yur broken hart.
>
>Spike & Stormy, krying wif sadness

Thanks. I'm going to miss her adventures here.

Kami

--

The Fur Conspiracy wrote:

>Hi, Anti Kami;
>
>Lotza purrz an waggaz frum awl ov uz.
>
>Ms. M-M

Thanks.

Kami

--

Me wrote:

>Kami,
>
>Weze all wishin Spook a ezy trip to da Rainbow Bridj. Dere's lotz of mms
>an a big hole in yur heart now. Weze unnerstand cuz we lost Fluffy a few
>weeks ago suddenly an ar hoomins were bof mms'ing lots. Weze sending yu
>lots ov cumfurting purrs.
>
>Snowflake and Frieda an der hoomins

Thanks. Fluffy and Spook are checking things out, finding good nip and soft
places to sleep.

Kami

--
emayl me at furpods at mindspring dot com

KS
September 16th 03, 04:20 PM
Bingo wrote:

>> She had the most wonderful purrsona. I'm going to miss her
>> antics, her hugs and cuddles. I'm not the same without her.
>>
>> I put my face into her soft furs before her for the last time.
>>
>> I love you my baby.
>>
>> Kami
>
>Oh, that's so sad! Though I lost Edie one week ago today, at least
>she had 12 good years. I lost Comet at three years, so I know your
>pain of premature loss. Doesn't like she suffered much, though.
>Take some solice in that. It's just you who's suffering now.
>Please take care of youself.

You're right. I'm sorry for your loss. Edie and Spook have been greeted at the
RB by a special group of kitties, including Comet. Comet left way too early,
too. Life can be so unfair.

Kami

--

Sylvia M wrote:

>OMG!!! {{{Kami}}}
>We'll miss hur and hur wunnurfull senze ov hoomur, an da abvenshurz weez
>had... Sooosoooo sorry, Anti Kami!!!!
>
>So sorry Kami, saying that she didn't suffer just isn't enough!
>
>Sylvia & Dyna

And I'll miss posting for Spook, very very much. She was a special kitty.

Kami

--
emayl me at furpods at mindspring dot com

KS
September 16th 03, 04:21 PM
Me wrote:

>>>Sounds familiar. After $1200 of tests, xrays, biopsies and
>>>ultarsounds my vet told me the mass in Edie's chest was "nothing
>>>big and bad." Two days later she was gone.
>>

>> How could a mass be "nothing big and bad"?
>
>My Opus (RB) had a benign hepatic tumor, which was a "nothing big and
>bad" mass.
>
>Julie

Isn't that liver? When I read these comments, I wish to criticize the vets, but
what do I know.

Kami

--
emayl me at furpods at mindspring dot com

Me
September 16th 03, 05:41 PM
KS wrote:
> Me wrote:
>

>>Kami,
>>
>>Weze all wishin Spook a ezy trip to da Rainbow Bridj. Dere's lotz of mms
>>an a big hole in yur heart now. Weze unnerstand cuz we lost Fluffy a few
>>weeks ago suddenly an ar hoomins were bof mms'ing lots. Weze sending yu
>>lots ov cumfurting purrs.
>>
>>Snowflake and Frieda an der hoomins
>

> Thanks. Fluffy and Spook are checking things out, finding good nip and soft
> places to sleep.

Fluffy was da expurrt at findin soft places to sleep. ize sure shez
showin Spook where all da bestest ones ar.

Snowflake

Joan
September 16th 03, 07:09 PM
Kami > wrote in message >...
> I woke up this morning, dished out the food. Spook wasn't there. I looked and
> found her soft, sweet body.
>
> She was okay at midnight last night. I couldn't sleep and popped popcorn, and
> she put her paw on my arm cause she wanted to know what I had.
>
> But between then and now, she left for the Rainbow Bridge. She was only 5-1/2
> years.
>
> I can't believe this. It's a bad bad dream.
>
> I brought her beautiful body to the vet, cause I need to know why. He said most
> likely sudden cardiomyopathy.
>
> Spook was my life. She made me laugh. She got me thru Princess' illness and
> final days. When Princess died, Spook comforted me. Now no kitty is comforting
> me. I think the only one who notices she's gone is Whiskers.
>
> She had the most wonderful purrsona. I'm going to miss her antics, her hugs and
> cuddles. I'm not the same without her.
>
> I put my face into her soft furs before her for the last time.
>
> I love you my baby.
>
> Kami

Kami, my heart is breaking at hearing this. May it be some comfort to
know that you gave Spook a wonderful home during her short life, and
remember the love she gave in return. If there is anything I can do
from this distance, please let me know. I wish I could be there to
help you through this.

Joan

*Five extremely sorrowful cats form a meatloaf circle and begin
purring*

Spookster, we will miss yu graytely. We will do our bestest to help
yur Meowmie thru diz tiyme uf greef. Be happy, littul friend.

Junior, Cinni, Bitsy, Baby, an Cookie

KS
September 16th 03, 07:33 PM
Unca Cory wrote:

>> >Spook will live on in all our hearts. Her personality came through so
>> >clearly in your postings about her and her life with you. She will be
>> >missed.
>> >
>> >Fran
>>
>> I tried to show her purrsonality to all.
>
>FWIW, I think you did a d**n good job at it. I, for one, miss her a lot,
>and I think it's, in part, because of how you well you wrote for her.

She was easy to write for.

Kami

--
emayl me at furpods at mindspring dot com

KS
September 16th 03, 07:34 PM
>> Thanks. Fluffy and Spook are checking things out, finding good nip and soft
>> places to sleep.
>>

>Fluffy was da expurrt at findin soft places to sleep. ize sure shez
>showin Spook where all da bestest ones ar.
>
>Snowflake

I'm glad.

Antie Kami

--
emayl me at furpods at mindspring dot com

The Clowder
September 16th 03, 11:30 PM
KS > wrote:

>Sylvia M wrote:
>
>>OMG!!! {{{Kami}}}
>>We'll miss hur and hur wunnurfull senze ov hoomur, an da abvenshurz weez
>>had... Sooosoooo sorry, Anti Kami!!!!
>>
>>So sorry Kami, saying that she didn't suffer just isn't enough!
>>
>>Sylvia & Dyna
>
>And I'll miss posting for Spook, very very much. She was a special kitty.
>
>Kami

<hug> I know *exactly* what you mean. Losing a spokeskitty, one for
whom writing comes so easily that the voice rings true and the process
is more like taking dictation than invention, is an added layer of
pain. The real and the virtual cat become intertwined along the way.

Melissa

ChildFree23
September 17th 03, 02:03 AM
Auntie Kami, we'ze so sorry to hear this. Can we sit Shivah for Spook, or
will her clowdermates be holding a purroper memorial serfiss?

Kitty Schottland DOC, Capt. Midnight DOC, & Lilith Kitten

"Kami" > wrote in message
> I woke up this morning, dished out the food. Spook wasn't there. I
looked and
> found her soft, sweet body.
>
> She was okay at midnight last night. I couldn't sleep and popped popcorn,
and
> she put her paw on my arm cause she wanted to know what I had.
>
> But between then and now, she left for the Rainbow Bridge. She was only
5-1/2
> years.
>
> I can't believe this. It's a bad bad dream.
>
> I brought her beautiful body to the vet, cause I need to know why. He
said most
> likely sudden cardiomyopathy.
>
> Spook was my life. She made me laugh. She got me thru Princess' illness
and
> final days. When Princess died, Spook comforted me. Now no kitty is
comforting
> me. I think the only one who notices she's gone is Whiskers.
>
> She had the most wonderful purrsona. I'm going to miss her antics, her
hugs and
> cuddles. I'm not the same without her.
>
> I put my face into her soft furs before her for the last time.
>
> I love you my baby.
>
> Kami
>

> --
> emayl me at furpods at mindspring dot com

Bingo
September 17th 03, 03:24 AM
KS > wrote in
:

> Bingo wrote:
>
>>Sounds familiar. After $1200 of tests, xrays, biopsies and
>>ultarsounds my vet told me the mass in Edie's chest was "nothing
>>big and bad." Two days later she was gone.
>
> How could a mass be "nothing big and bad"? And if you'd gone
> further, the cat might have suffered more. As with Spook, s/he
> was spared of that, as much as it hurts us guardians.
>
> Kami
>

> --
> emayl me at furpods at mindspring dot com

The biopsy did not reveal cancer. They suggested that it was
probably a herniated part of liver. It's probably a moot point,
because I think she died from a bladder blockage (she had a good size
stone that we hadn't gotten to deal with yet). I originally brought
her in with a urinary/liver infection, so it was an uphill battle. I
really miss her.

Bingo
September 17th 03, 03:31 AM
KS > wrote in
:

> Bingo wrote:
>
>>> She had the most wonderful purrsona. I'm going to miss her
>>> antics, her hugs and cuddles. I'm not the same without her.
>>>
>>> I put my face into her soft furs before her for the last time.
>>>
>>> I love you my baby.
>>>
>>> Kami
>>
>>Oh, that's so sad! Though I lost Edie one week ago today, at
>>least she had 12 good years. I lost Comet at three years, so I
>>know your pain of premature loss. Doesn't like she suffered
>>much, though. Take some solice in that. It's just you who's
>>suffering now. Please take care of youself.
>
> You're right. I'm sorry for your loss. Edie and Spook have
> been greeted at the RB by a special group of kitties, including
> Comet. Comet left way too early, too. Life can be so unfair.
>
> Kami
>

> --
> emayl me at furpods at mindspring dot com

Yes, it can. Comet wa sort of a miracle kitty to begin with. Her
mother was only eight months old when she had Comet, but had
problems delivering, not surprisingly. After 15 hours of labor
with no delivery, the owners rushed her to vet who told them that
most likely, the kittens were dead. One was, but the other three
made it, and Comet was last. She lived her life on borrowed time,
sqeezed a lot of living into those thre years. I have a lot of
Comet stories!

Spook should look for the cat with the orange hat whose chasing 3-
foot snakes!

KS
September 17th 03, 03:34 AM
Bingo wrote:

>The biopsy did not reveal cancer. They suggested that it was
>probably a herniated part of liver. It's probably a moot point,
>because I think she died from a bladder blockage (she had a good size
>stone that we hadn't gotten to deal with yet). I originally brought
>her in with a urinary/liver infection, so it was an uphill battle. I
>really miss her.

I know, I'm sure as much as I miss Spook. They were wo wonderful Tortie cats.

Kami

--
emayl me at furpods at mindspring dot com

KS
September 17th 03, 03:39 AM
>> You're right. I'm sorry for your loss. Edie and Spook have
>> been greeted at the RB by a special group of kitties, including
>> Comet. Comet left way too early, too. Life can be so unfair.
>>
>> Kami
>>

>Yes, it can. Comet wa sort of a miracle kitty to begin with. Her
>mother was only eight months old when she had Comet, but had
>problems delivering, not surprisingly. After 15 hours of labor
>with no delivery, the owners rushed her to vet who told them that
>most likely, the kittens were dead. One was, but the other three
>made it, and Comet was last. She lived her life on borrowed time,
>sqeezed a lot of living into those thre years. I have a lot of
>Comet stories!
>
>Spook should look for the cat with the orange hat whose chasing 3-
>foot snakes!

Snakes, yikes. I live in a 19th floor apartment, so of course my kitties stay
inside.

Like Comet, Spook also squeezed a lot of living into her young life. She was
interested in everything around her, everything I did. Even if she was sleeping
when I'd change the bed linen, somehow she knew, and she was on the bed before I
got the bottom sheet off. And of course she went under the new sheet I tried to
put on, and I'd have to trick her to get her out from under. It's sure gonna
hurt the next time I change the linen.

Kami

--
emayl me at furpods at mindspring dot com

Wednesday
September 17th 03, 04:33 AM
Kami, I am so sorry. It's worse, I think, when it is unexpected.
Bast bless you for giving Spook love and security and a happy life.

Terri

Pppppppuuuuuuurrrrrrrrz fur Spook's easy journey to the Bridge, and for
Anti Kami's hurting heart to heal.

Five kitties in Ohio form a circle and meatloaf, softly purring.

Shadow, Cody, Fluffie, Lucky and Baby
Da Katzenajmmer Klowder

Kami wrote:
> I woke up this morning, dished out the food. Spook wasn't there. I looked and
> found her soft, sweet body.
>
> She was okay at midnight last night. I couldn't sleep and popped popcorn, and
> she put her paw on my arm cause she wanted to know what I had.
>
> But between then and now, she left for the Rainbow Bridge. She was only 5-1/2
> years.
>
> I can't believe this. It's a bad bad dream.
>
> I brought her beautiful body to the vet, cause I need to know why. He said most
> likely sudden cardiomyopathy.
>
> Spook was my life. She made me laugh. She got me thru Princess' illness and
> final days. When Princess died, Spook comforted me. Now no kitty is comforting
> me. I think the only one who notices she's gone is Whiskers.
>
> She had the most wonderful purrsona. I'm going to miss her antics, her hugs and
> cuddles. I'm not the same without her.
>
> I put my face into her soft furs before her for the last time.
>
> I love you my baby.
>
> Kami
>

> --
> emayl me at furpods at mindspring dot com

KS
September 17th 03, 01:55 PM
>Kami, I am so sorry. It's worse, I think, when it is unexpected.
>Bast bless you for giving Spook love and security and a happy life.
>
>Terri
>
>Pppppppuuuuuuurrrrrrrrz fur Spook's easy journey to the Bridge, and for
>Anti Kami's hurting heart to heal.
>
>Five kitties in Ohio form a circle and meatloaf, softly purring.
>
>Shadow, Cody, Fluffie, Lucky and Baby
>Da Katzenajmmer Klowder

Thanks. I miss her so much.

Kami

--
emayl me at furpods at mindspring dot com

KS
September 17th 03, 01:59 PM
><SNIP>
>>
>>I put my face into her soft furs before her for the last time.
>>
>>I love you my baby.
>>
>>Kami
>Please accept my deepest sympathy for the loss of your wonderful kitty
>Spook. I simply cannot imagine the horror of finding a beloved kitty,
>young and healthy, like this in the morning. I'm so very, very sorry for
>your loss.

Thanks. It's very awful.

>How fortunate that you couldn't sleep last night, and had some extra
>time with Spook, even if only a little bit; every second is precious of
>course.

It was just a few minutes, but you're right.

>Mere words cannot convey the sorrow I share with you over the loss of
>your beloved companion, Spook.
>
>I have two RB kittys, but they both lived to a fairly old age, although
>the time seems to have been so very short, now.
>
>I am a lurker here, and I cannot remember if I've ever posted or not,

I remember the name Gandalf.

>but I can remember reading some stories about your wonderful kitty
>Spook.

She was a truly wonderful cat, so full of life, still having much the kitten in
her, inquisitive, fun-loving. I'll never know another like my precious Tortie.

>I wish there was something I could say or do to lessen your pain; all I
>can offer is my heartfelt sympathy, and it's just not enough....

Thanks.

Kami

--
emayl me at furpods at mindspring dot com

Bingo
September 17th 03, 03:48 PM
KS > wrote in
:

>>> You're right. I'm sorry for your loss. Edie and Spook have
>>> been greeted at the RB by a special group of kitties,
>>> including Comet. Comet left way too early, too. Life can be
>>> so unfair.
>>>
>>> Kami
>>>

>>Yes, it can. Comet wa sort of a miracle kitty to begin with.
>>Her mother was only eight months old when she had Comet, but had
>>problems delivering, not surprisingly. After 15 hours of labor
>>with no delivery, the owners rushed her to vet who told them
>>that most likely, the kittens were dead. One was, but the other
>>three made it, and Comet was last. She lived her life on
>>borrowed time, sqeezed a lot of living into those thre years. I
>>have a lot of Comet stories!
>>
>>Spook should look for the cat with the orange hat whose chasing
>>3- foot snakes!
>
> Snakes, yikes. I live in a 19th floor apartment, so of course
> my kitties stay inside.
>
> Like Comet, Spook also squeezed a lot of living into her young
> life. She was interested in everything around her, everything I
> did. Even if she was sleeping when I'd change the bed linen,
> somehow she knew, and she was on the bed before I got the bottom
> sheet off. And of course she went under the new sheet I tried
> to put on, and I'd have to trick her to get her out from under.
> It's sure gonna hurt the next time I change the linen.
>
> Kami
>

> --
> emayl me at furpods at mindspring dot com

Funny you mentioned that, because Comet used to like to sleep
totally under the blankets. Once, I sat down at the foot of the
bed to find a program on the TV, when something started moving
underneath (a disturbing feeling). When I stood up, Comet popped
her head out with that "I'll get you for that" look!

Boogie's Mom
September 17th 03, 04:02 PM
Kami. I'm so, so sorry to hear about Spook. Neither Boogie nor I know what
to say, except that we're purring mightily for you and Spook.

Efun tho I'ze a follower of Bast, I wud be privilidged to sit Shivah wif
Kitty et.al. (Slender blask n white tuxedo folds himself into the meetloaf
pozishum wif hiz frends Kitty, Cap, n Lillith)

Boogie n Meowmie

"ChildFree23" > wrote in message
hlink.net...
> Auntie Kami, we'ze so sorry to hear this. Can we sit Shivah for Spook, or
> will her clowdermates be holding a purroper memorial serfiss?
>
> Kitty Schottland DOC, Capt. Midnight DOC, & Lilith Kitten
>
> "Kami" > wrote in message
> > I woke up this morning, dished out the food. Spook wasn't there. I
> looked and
> > found her soft, sweet body.
> >
> > She was okay at midnight last night. I couldn't sleep and popped
popcorn,
> and
> > she put her paw on my arm cause she wanted to know what I had.
> >
> > But between then and now, she left for the Rainbow Bridge. She was only
> 5-1/2
> > years.
> >
> > I can't believe this. It's a bad bad dream.
> >
> > I brought her beautiful body to the vet, cause I need to know why. He
> said most
> > likely sudden cardiomyopathy.
> >
> > Spook was my life. She made me laugh. She got me thru Princess'
illness
> and
> > final days. When Princess died, Spook comforted me. Now no kitty is
> comforting
> > me. I think the only one who notices she's gone is Whiskers.
> >
> > She had the most wonderful purrsona. I'm going to miss her antics, her
> hugs and
> > cuddles. I'm not the same without her.
> >
> > I put my face into her soft furs before her for the last time.
> >
> > I love you my baby.
> >
> > Kami
> >

> > --
> > emayl me at furpods at mindspring dot com

KS
September 17th 03, 07:08 PM
Bingo wrote:

>Funny you mentioned that, because Comet used to like to sleep
>totally under the blankets. Once, I sat down at the foot of the
>bed to find a program on the TV, when something started moving
>underneath (a disturbing feeling). When I stood up, Comet popped
>her head out with that "I'll get you for that" look!

She communicated with you, as Spook did with me. Spook didn't normally sleep
under the blankets, but sometimes she burrowed under them and would stay in one
place for awhile.

Kami

--
emayl me at furpods at mindspring dot com

Leo Orel
September 17th 03, 07:52 PM
I am so sorry to hear this sad news about Spook. What a shock! Alive,
running around, one day -- dead the next. Just too terrible. My heart
aches with yours. I remember Spook at my house when you drove out two
summers ago. She charmed everyone.

Beverly
"Kami" > wrote in message
> I woke up this morning, dished out the food. Spook wasn't there. I
looked and
> found her soft, sweet body.
>
> She was okay at midnight last night. I couldn't sleep and popped popcorn,
and
> she put her paw on my arm cause she wanted to know what I had.
>
> But between then and now, she left for the Rainbow Bridge. She was only
5-1/2
> years.
>
> I can't believe this. It's a bad bad dream.
>
> I brought her beautiful body to the vet, cause I need to know why. He
said most
> likely sudden cardiomyopathy.
>
> Spook was my life. She made me laugh. She got me thru Princess' illness
and
> final days. When Princess died, Spook comforted me. Now no kitty is
comforting
> me. I think the only one who notices she's gone is Whiskers.
>
> She had the most wonderful purrsona. I'm going to miss her antics, her
hugs and
> cuddles. I'm not the same without her.
>
> I put my face into her soft furs before her for the last time.
>
> I love you my baby.
>
> Kami
>

> --
> emayl me at furpods at mindspring dot com

onlyThreeCats
September 18th 03, 01:58 AM
Oh, sweet Bast - Kami, I'm so sorry.

I haven't been able to look in on things in a couple of days. I saw
your reply to my older post about Lenny, then this one.

Sweet Spook will be missed - I remember when she was new. At least
with Lenny, I knew he'd had a long life, and though still wanting to
be with me, he could only have suffered more. It wasn't this kind of
shock.

Sympathy and purrs from all ov us.

Johanna
Lucy, Panda-ov-oh-no!-Toes and da Sprout.

Kami > wrote in message >...
> I woke up this morning, dished out the food. Spook wasn't there. I looked and
> found her soft, sweet body.
>
> She was okay at midnight last night. I couldn't sleep and popped popcorn, and
> she put her paw on my arm cause she wanted to know what I had.
>
> But between then and now, she left for the Rainbow Bridge. She was only 5-1/2
> years.
>
> I can't believe this. It's a bad bad dream.
>
> I brought her beautiful body to the vet, cause I need to know why. He said most
> likely sudden cardiomyopathy.
>
> Spook was my life. She made me laugh. She got me thru Princess' illness and
> final days. When Princess died, Spook comforted me. Now no kitty is comforting
> me. I think the only one who notices she's gone is Whiskers.
>
> She had the most wonderful purrsona. I'm going to miss her antics, her hugs and
> cuddles. I'm not the same without her.
>
> I put my face into her soft furs before her for the last time.
>
> I love you my baby.
>
> Kami

Hotspur
September 18th 03, 03:36 AM
dsh-diva wrote in message >...
> On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 13:29:11 GMT, Kami >
> wrote:
>
> >I woke up this morning, dished out the food. Spook wasn't there. I looked and
> >found her soft, sweet body.
> >
> >She was okay at midnight last night. I couldn't sleep and popped popcorn, and
> >she put her paw on my arm cause she wanted to know what I had.
> >
> >But between then and now, she left for the Rainbow Bridge. She was only 5-1/2
> >years.
> >
> >I can't believe this. It's a bad bad dream.
> >
> >I brought her beautiful body to the vet, cause I need to know why. He said most
> >likely sudden cardiomyopathy.
> >
> >Spook was my life. She made me laugh. She got me thru Princess' illness and
> >final days. When Princess died, Spook comforted me. Now no kitty is comforting
> >me. I think the only one who notices she's gone is Whiskers.
> >
> >She had the most wonderful purrsona. I'm going to miss her antics, her hugs and
> >cuddles. I'm not the same without her.
> >
> >I put my face into her soft furs before her for the last time.
> >
> >I love you my baby.
> >
> >Kami
>
> Kami, weze so furry sorree to heer abowt Spook. She wuz so yung.
> Menny purrs and hedbutts to you to heel yur sadsad hart.
> Xena and Callisto

Anti KAmi,

We ar furry furry sad an sorree to heer dat Spook haz crosed ofur de
Rainbow Bridg. We iz sendin ower deepest hartfelt purrs uf komfurt in
diz time uf sadness.

Wif gretest respekt.

Seti, Ghost, Freyr

KS
September 18th 03, 03:48 AM
Hotspur wrote:

>Anti KAmi,
>
>We ar furry furry sad an sorree to heer dat Spook haz crosed ofur de
>Rainbow Bridg. We iz sendin ower deepest hartfelt purrs uf komfurt in
>diz time uf sadness.
>
>Wif gretest respekt.
>
>Seti, Ghost, Freyr

Thanks. I appreciate that.

Antie Kami

--
emayl me at furpods at mindspring dot com

Batson
September 18th 03, 08:40 AM
> She had the most wonderful purrsona. I'm going to miss her antics, her
hugs and
> cuddles. I'm not the same without her.
>
> I put my face into her soft furs before her for the last time.
>
> I love you my baby.
>
> Kami
>

> --
> emayl me at furpods at mindspring dot com

<gently snipped>

Oh Kami! What a terrible shock for you! It's never easy to lose a loved one
even if you know it's their time to go. The suddeness makes it so much
harder. I know to some extent your grief and it's very painful indeed. I
wish there were something I could say to make it better...but there just
isn't anything short of sympathy I can give you. I've been there and know
what it's like and know that in time it does get a little better.

To this day I miss our Abbie terribly and would give anything to have her
back. Our Domonic left last November and at 18 1/2 he left a big hole. The
length time you have with your furbaby doesn't mean the hole is any less. I
miss Abbie (2 yrs old) in more ways than I miss my Dommie. I am sure you
still grieve for Princess too. I always thought it was so neat to have a
d*g around with all these cats! She sure did fit right in!

Just before Dommie left, Simon Peter came and demanded to become a part of
our family. He is the most loving, tolerant, smart and perceptive long
haired orange boy you would ever hope to meet. If there were anyway I could
send him to comfort you, I would do so in an instant. As long as you don't
mind long orange cat hair all over you! If a visit from him in the
teleporter would help?........

With love, prayers and purrs for your broken heart,

Renée (with major MMS) and the Batson Cats

Anti Kami,

Ivf nefurr postid befurr but Meowmie sez Spook left an yew kneed a kitty
tew comfurt yew. I am furry gud at doin that! I havint evfunn used a
teleporter yet but it duzint look tew komplikated.... juss step in an push
da New York
City buttun..... ohkay heer I comes!

Simon Peter (aka Simey Sue- but don't tell ennnyone bout thuh Sue part
cause I'm a BOYCAT-silly Meowmie!)

<the teleport twinkles at Anti Kami's house and out pops a long, skinny,
gorgeous, long haired, orange tabby boy looking for Anti Kami's nice warm
lap to smurgle into. He has a note in his paw that says to send him home
when his mission is through and to take your time!! Meanwhile at the Batson
house, Otis Spunkmeyer and Mattie Marie assume the meatloaf position an
commence purring for Anti Kami. >

Arlene Knop
September 19th 03, 01:47 AM
Oh Anti Kami, me and meowmie are bof crying at thuh loss of a frend and
the pain and lonlyness yew are feeling. Oh my. Oh my.

Gretchen Marie and Anti Arlene

Kami wrote:

> I woke up this morning, dished out the food. Spook wasn't there. I looked and
> found her soft, sweet body.
>
> She was okay at midnight last night. I couldn't sleep and popped popcorn, and
> she put her paw on my arm cause she wanted to know what I had.
>
> But between then and now, she left for the Rainbow Bridge. She was only 5-1/2
> years.
>
> I can't believe this. It's a bad bad dream.
>
> I brought her beautiful body to the vet, cause I need to know why. He said most
> likely sudden cardiomyopathy.
>
> Spook was my life. She made me laugh. She got me thru Princess' illness and
> final days. When Princess died, Spook comforted me. Now no kitty is comforting
> me. I think the only one who notices she's gone is Whiskers.
>
> She had the most wonderful purrsona. I'm going to miss her antics, her hugs and
> cuddles. I'm not the same without her.
>
> I put my face into her soft furs before her for the last time.
>
> I love you my baby.
>
> Kami
>
> --
> emayl me at furpods at mindspring dot com

KS
September 19th 03, 04:03 AM
>Oh Anti Kami, me and meowmie are bof crying at thuh loss of a frend and
>the pain and lonlyness yew are feeling. Oh my. Oh my.
>
>Gretchen Marie and Anti Arlene

I know. You and Spook had some terrific adventures together, like the detective
agency. I miss that a lot.

Antie Kami

--
emayl me at furpods at mindspring dot com

Da Koster Katz
September 20th 03, 05:23 PM
KS wrote:

>>Oh Anti Kami, me and meowmie are bof crying at thuh loss of a frend and
>>the pain and lonlyness yew are feeling. Oh my. Oh my.
>>
>>Gretchen Marie and Anti Arlene
>

> I know. You and Spook had some terrific adventures together, like the detective
> agency. I miss that a lot.
>
> Antie Kami

*sniffle* Paws & Wiskurs Infesticatshyuns. I don't fink I haf da hart
tu opin da offis agayn. *sniffle*

Baby, missin hur partner-in-greebling-fighting

--
****Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.****

Koster Katz: http://www.willapabay.org/~seabreez
RPCC Glossary: http://www.willapabay.org/~seabreez/glossary.html

KS
September 21st 03, 04:04 PM
wrote:

>>><Grey boy assumes meatloaf position and begins to purr rilly hard>
>>>Mama an I is furry sorry to hear dis. Spook is up at thu Bridj wif
>>>Miss Bert an a hole buncha other furfriends. We's sososo sorry for
>>>yur loss AntiKami.
>>>
>>>Charlie Fennel, with wet furz from mama drippin waddermonsters
>>
>>Thanks Charlie Fennel. Bootsie, Gizmo, Sassy, and Whiskers continue to send
>>purrrrsss to you, as does Spook from the RB.
>>
>>Kami
>
>Fangu Anti Kami, we no dem purrz helps me a hole lot. I'ze feelin
>rilly gud most uf thu time, eggsept for a kuple dayz after I gets thu
>icky stuff stuk in mine veins. An now I only get dat dun effurry
>other week insted uf effury week!
>
>Charlie Fennel, who will continue to purr for Anti Kami as long as she
>needz it.

Thank you sweetie, I do need it very badly.

Antie Kami

--
email: furpods at mindspring dot com

Gabrielle
September 22nd 03, 04:14 AM
[A small white cat hops over to Anti Kami and places a gentle paw on her
arm while a huge white & grey cat assumes the meatloaf position of
respect and begins a rumbling purr.]

Weze sorree wee wer slow getting heer, Anti Kami, but we haf ben
purrrrrring fur Spook's trip to da Bridj wif all ar hartz ana solez.
Spook wuz wun uv a kind ana we will neffur effur furget hur ana hur
venchurus spirit. No wun cud luf hur az much az yew cud, but we luffed
hur furry much. We will purrrrrrr fur da memfurries to gentlee fill da
hole inna yewr hart.

Laura & Ralph
with Anti Gabrielle who has severe MMS

Kami wrote:

> I woke up this morning, dished out the food. Spook wasn't there. I looked and
> found her soft, sweet body.
>
> 8< Gentle snip of the account of the tragedy.
>
> I love you my baby.
>
> Kami
>

> --
> emayl me at furpods at mindspring dot com

KS
September 22nd 03, 04:23 AM
>[A small white cat hops over to Anti Kami and places a gentle paw on her
>arm while a huge white & grey cat assumes the meatloaf position of
>respect and begins a rumbling purr.]
>
>Weze sorree wee wer slow getting heer, Anti Kami, but we haf ben
>purrrrrring fur Spook's trip to da Bridj wif all ar hartz ana solez.
>Spook wuz wun uv a kind ana we will neffur effur furget hur ana hur
>venchurus spirit. No wun cud luf hur az much az yew cud, but we luffed
>hur furry much. We will purrrrrrr fur da memfurries to gentlee fill da
>hole inna yewr hart.
>
>Laura & Ralph
>with Anti Gabrielle who has severe MMS

Thanks Laura and Ralph. It's much appreciated.

Antie Kami, with cyberhugs for Antie Gabrielle

--
email: furpods at mindspring dot com

Miss Violette
October 20th 03, 11:08 AM
I am just catching up reading and this broke my heart as well, She is one of
the first members of the community we read about, Soft, we are sad for you
and hope you heal enough to remember the good times...

Kami > wrote in message
> I woke up this morning, dished out the food. Spook wasn't there. I
looked and
> found her soft, sweet body.
>
> She was okay at midnight last night. I couldn't sleep and popped popcorn,
and
> she put her paw on my arm cause she wanted to know what I had.
>
> But between then and now, she left for the Rainbow Bridge. She was only
5-1/2
> years.
>
> I can't believe this. It's a bad bad dream.
>
> I brought her beautiful body to the vet, cause I need to know why. He
said most
> likely sudden cardiomyopathy.
>
> Spook was my life. She made me laugh. She got me thru Princess' illness
and
> final days. When Princess died, Spook comforted me. Now no kitty is
comforting
> me. I think the only one who notices she's gone is Whiskers.
>
> She had the most wonderful purrsona. I'm going to miss her antics, her
hugs and
> cuddles. I'm not the same without her.
>
> I put my face into her soft furs before her for the last time.
>
> I love you my baby.
>
> Kami
>

> --
> emayl me at furpods at mindspring dot com

KS
October 20th 03, 03:22 PM
Thanks, but I'm Kami (no nickname).

--