PDA

View Full Version : Jellicle Ball: Calling of Names

Mietze
October 10th 03, 10:42 PM
<As the last gleam of daylight fades, a small brown tabby steps
briskly to the podium. She is wearing a short cape embroidered with a
tiny Union Jack on the collar and fastened with a pin in the shape of
a winged beige cat. Securing her notes against a crisp but gentle
breeze, she gazes briefly at the perfectly round Jellicle moon as it
rises between two great stone monoliths, clears her throat, and begins
to speak.>

Gud eefning, mine deer frends, an welcome to Stonehenge, Salisbury
Playn neer Amesbury, England, UK. An welcom to da 8ft annyuall
Jellicle Ball.

We ar gaffurrd here to pay tribyoot to an to onor da memreees ov
kitties (an gud frends ov kitties) hoo haff gone on ahed. Wee
reememfur dere tuch, dere voysis, dere brite eyes an luffly faysis;
wee reememfur dis wun's brayf inqwisitiffniss an luff ov cuddulls, an
dat wun's injoymint ov a qwiet eefning's walk crosst a feeld wiff her
hoomins. Eech wun yoonique an stunning in dere beeyooty an spirit,
eech wun held tite in owr harts fureffur. Da mirucull dat wee manidjd
to meeet an to luff eech offur is wun ov da wundurrs ov life.

It has beecom owr tradishun to furrst call wun naym wich repreesents
menny, to send owr deeep reespekts an affekshun to dose kitties wee
did not no by naym, dey hoo did not find dere TrooHomes in dis life.
Dey ar heeeld now frum all woonds, curd ov all illniss, an lernin frum
owr luffd wuns whut it is to bee caryd for an cherisshd as dey wayt
payshintly at da Bridge fur da hoomin hoo shud haff bin deres.

I call dere nayms, da Jellicle Honorees:

Unknown Kitties, House of Bast

Darby, House of Adams
Goldie, House of Babcock
Stella, House of Babcock
Sweet Pea, House of Babcock
Cosmic, House of Bast
Domonic, House of Batson
Dusty, House of Berkebile
Marvin, House of Berkebile
Naseema, House of Berkebile
Angus, House of Berry
Cuddles, House of Bixler
Lenny, House of Botari
Peter, House of Carter
Ayala, House of Clark
Pouncer, House of Condon
Bo Diddley, House of Cooper
Emmy Lou, House of Dowden
Ben, House of Gilliat
Bindi, House of Gilliat
Harriet, House of Gilliat
Sami, House of Gittel
Widget, House of Graffious
Fluffy, House of Heather
Poppacat, House of Koster
Beeko, House of Matlick
Bess, House of Mahoney
Bonnie, House of Mahoney
Bridget, House of Mahoney
Cassandra, House of Mahoney
Cinderella, House of Mahoney
DD, House of Mahoney
Frisky, House of Mahoney
Henry, House of Mahoney
Mr Gray, House of Mahoney
Rory, House of Mahoney
Tigger House of Mahoney
Tessie, House of Matlick
Thistle, House of McIntyre
Mao, House of Miller
Schmutz, House of Pommerehn
Boo, House of Rankin
CC, House of Rankin
Unnamed Kitten, House of Reay
Zachary, House of Ricketts
Cruiser, House of Ruskin
Rascal, House of Ruwe
Chicklett, House of Scaldini
Felix, House of Scaldini
Sly, House of Scaldini
Tiger Lily, House of Scaldini
Toto, House of Scaldini-Klimm
Spook, House of Scott
Spock, House of Seufert
Sunset, House of Seufert
Mr. Magoo, House of Shaw
Harlequin, House of Smith
Kryssie, House of Smith
Meowrice, House of Smith
Mewsette, House of Smith
Renee, House of Smith
Stacy, House of Smith
Ebony, House of Stapley
Shirley, House of Stapley
Teilo, House of Turner
Barb, House of Watson
Little Bit, House of Wikler-Cook
Penrod, House of Wikler-Cook
Edie, House of Wyatt

Blurbubble
October 11th 03, 12:26 AM
**sniffle** Orl doze naymes..... :o(

Clarence (and Meowmie)

---

The RankinKatz
October 11th 03, 05:05 AM
Did da Google'porter akchewally git us back to rpcc? We fink so. We
didn't wanna miss da Ball an' pay ourz respecktz to all ourz dear
friendz at Rainbow Bridge an' da fambiliez dat miss dem efur so much.
It'z been a long, long time since we been here.

Mietze, yew did a beyewtiful job wif da Calling of da Namez again dis
year. Too many names again, too. So many losses... <sniffle>

Tyler, Dylan, Bobbie, Samson, Jordan, Pippen, Buddy, Holly, Lucy,
Cassie, John, George, Ringo, Sybil, Peanut, BB, Tessie and Mickey

<Jordan climbs high atop the stones with a big bunch of brightly
colored balloons, ready to pop them in honor of his very special
friend Spook at an appropriate moment>

(Mietze) wrote in message >...
> [...]
> reememfur dere tuch, dere voysis, dere brite eyes an luffly faysis;
> wee reememfur dis wun's brayf inqwisitiffniss an luff ov cuddulls, an
> dat wun's injoymint ov a qwiet eefning's walk crosst a feeld wiff her
> hoomins. Eech wun yoonique an stunning in dere beeyooty an spirit,
> eech wun held tite in owr harts fureffur. Da mirucull dat wee manidjd
> to meeet an to luff eech offur is wun ov da wundurrs ov life.
>
> It has beecom owr tradishun to furrst call wun naym wich repreesents
> menny, to send owr deeep reespekts an affekshun to dose kitties wee
> did not no by naym, dey hoo did not find dere TrooHomes in dis life.
> Dey ar heeeld now frum all woonds, curd ov all illniss, an lernin frum
> owr luffd wuns whut it is to bee caryd for an cherisshd as dey wayt
> payshintly at da Bridge fur da hoomin hoo shud haff bin deres.
>
> I call dere nayms, da Jellicle Honorees:

Boggity Boggsworth
October 11th 03, 06:21 AM
<sssniff>

Fred Williams
October 11th 03, 12:13 PM
Fangu, Mietze. Yu always do such a gudgud job at this.

--
Regards
Jetadiah and his hooman, Fred

Remove FFFf to reply, please

Bobcat
October 11th 03, 02:28 PM
Boggity Boggsworth > wrote in message >...
> <sssniff>

I said I would do it.... While he was NOT a CAT but a D*G please add
CRUSISER house of Ruskin (maybe at the very end of the list...)

The Clowder
October 11th 03, 05:56 PM
(Bobcat) wrote:

>Boggity Boggsworth > wrote in message >...
>> <sssniff>
>
>I said I would do it.... While he was NOT a CAT but a D*G please add
>CRUSISER house of Ruskin (maybe at the very end of the list...)

Hee's dere, Uncle Bobcat, luk agin...rite dere wiff da "R" nayms,
aftur da Rankins.

Mietze
--
Remove the first m to reply

KS
October 11th 03, 10:43 PM
The RankinKatz wrote:

><Jordan climbs high atop the stones with a big bunch of brightly
>colored balloons, ready to pop them in honor of his very special
>friend Spook at an appropriate moment>

Bootsie, Gizmo, and Whiskers sadly join him.

Ray or Fran
October 12th 03, 07:15 PM
Punkins & Puddi Cat listen furry respectfully as Mietze calls the names of
those whoz made the trip to the Bridge.

A tear trickles from theirz eyes as theyze rememfur theirz friends.

Until weze meet again, until weze meet again.

Punkins & Puddi Cat
(The list not snipped our of respect for those whoz gone before and theirz
families)

> I call dere nayms, da Jellicle Honorees:
>
> Unknown Kitties, House of Bast
>
> Darby, House of Adams
> Goldie, House of Babcock
> Stella, House of Babcock
> Sweet Pea, House of Babcock
> Cosmic, House of Bast
> Domonic, House of Batson
> Dusty, House of Berkebile
> Marvin, House of Berkebile
> Naseema, House of Berkebile
> Angus, House of Berry
> Cuddles, House of Bixler
> Lenny, House of Botari
> Peter, House of Carter
> Ayala, House of Clark
> Pouncer, House of Condon
> Bo Diddley, House of Cooper
> Emmy Lou, House of Dowden
> Ben, House of Gilliat
> Bindi, House of Gilliat
> Harriet, House of Gilliat
> Sami, House of Gittel
> Widget, House of Graffious
> Fluffy, House of Heather
> Poppacat, House of Koster
> Beeko, House of Matlick
> Bess, House of Mahoney
> Bonnie, House of Mahoney
> Bridget, House of Mahoney
> Cassandra, House of Mahoney
> Cinderella, House of Mahoney
> DD, House of Mahoney
> Frisky, House of Mahoney
> Henry, House of Mahoney
> Mr Gray, House of Mahoney
> Rory, House of Mahoney
> Tigger House of Mahoney
> Tessie, House of Matlick
> Thistle, House of McIntyre
> Mao, House of Miller
> Schmutz, House of Pommerehn
> Boo, House of Rankin
> CC, House of Rankin
> Unnamed Kitten, House of Reay
> Zachary, House of Ricketts
> Cruiser, House of Ruskin
> Rascal, House of Ruwe
> Chicklett, House of Scaldini
> Felix, House of Scaldini
> Sly, House of Scaldini
> Tiger Lily, House of Scaldini
> Toto, House of Scaldini-Klimm
> Spook, House of Scott
> Spock, House of Seufert
> Sunset, House of Seufert
> Mr. Magoo, House of Shaw
> Harlequin, House of Smith
> Kryssie, House of Smith
> Meowrice, House of Smith
> Mewsette, House of Smith
> Renee, House of Smith
> Stacy, House of Smith
> Ebony, House of Stapley
> Shirley, House of Stapley
> Teilo, House of Turner
> Barb, House of Watson
> Little Bit, House of Wikler-Cook
> Penrod, House of Wikler-Cook
> Edie, House of Wyatt

Sherry Laing
October 17th 03, 10:43 PM
<Brown-tabby an white bob-tailed gurl luks around the edges uv the
standing stones, den whispurrs to the brown-tabby an white long-tailed
gurl beside her. Then bof kitties step forward. The bob-tailed gurl
cleers her throte and addresses the assembly.>

I gess MirandaBanda, High Priestess uv Bast an da Jesse Memorial Critter
Complex (JMCC) is bizzy doing Bast priestess druid fings, so my winkwink,
Pandora Pussycat, and I wud like to give a tribute to a member uv da
JMCC who haz gone to da Bridge dis yeer. I'm prowd to be related by
winking to da JMCC clowder, an honnered to be able to gif dis tribute, cuz
Little Bit wuz furry speshul to Pandy an me.

Little Bit wuz a not-so-liddle dog an she lived at da JMCC wif alla
kitties an bunnies fishies an Momma Jo an Momma Beff. She an her frend
Terry Jo helped out at Pandy's an my bewinking, an when it wuz time for us
to leeve on our hunnymoon, Liddle Bit hooked herself up to a two-cat-sized
carriage an gaved us a ride throo da woods under da stars. We were able
to snuggle an smurgle an we knew dat Liddle Bit wuz taking care uf
effuryfing else. She taked care uv da whole JMCC, an wuz furry prowd to
do a gudgud job -- in fact, da day before she went to da Bridge, she made
a point uv making da rownds at da JMCC and making shur dat efurrycat an
efurrybunny an efurryfish an efurryMomma wuz OK. She took her job furry
furry seriously an nobuddy bothered fings when she wuz in charge.

Little Bit wuz also an auxiliary memfur uv da Siameze Cat Chorale, an she
singed along wif Momma Jo an Momma Beff when dey singed at home. I'm shur
she's joined da Rainbow Bridge Chorale by now an is adding her furry
speshul mewsic to da harmonees atta Bridge.

Little Bit wuz furry much loved by her Mommas an other hoomins -- efen da
maylman enjoyed giving her treets an saying hihi when he camed wif
packages to da howse. He wuz furry furry sad when he camed da last time
an realized dat she wuz not going to be dere to greet him enny more.
Mymom efen met her a yeer ago dis past summer, an she sez she wuz a reely
nice doggie an we know dat she left a bigbig Little-Bit-shaped hole in da
harts uv alla JMCC. --Talisker Pippin, wif Pandora Pussycat

[...]

October 17th 03, 11:02 PM
<Brown-tabby an white bob-tailed gurl finishes her tribute to Little
Bit uv da Jesse Memorial Cat Complex, turns and gives a quick earwash
to the brown-tabby an white long-tailed gurl standing beside her, then
turns back to the Jellicle assembly.>

My winkwink, Pandora Pussycat, and I wud like to give a tribute to anuther
member uv da JMCC who haz gone to da Bridge dis yeer. I'm prowd to be
related by winking to da JMCC clowder, an honnered to be able to gif dis
tribute, cuz Penrod wuz a furry speshul kitty.

Penrod wuz a OrcaCat -- dat's what a bunch uv us kitties called him, cus
he wuz blak an white an big, like da orca whales dat swim along da
norfwest coast uv norf america where he lived. He wuz wun uv da bosses uv
da JMCC an made shur dat no trooder kitties mooved in, or if dey did, he
made shur dey knew da rools an who wuz boss. He liked to sleep in da
kitty condos dat Momma Jo an Momma Beff made fur da JMCC kitties, but he
didn't like it when kitties (an hoomins!) laffed at da sight uv his
feetsies sticking outta da door uv da condo. It izn't nice to laff at
OrcaCats! (Reely, it wuz mostly da hoomins, an sometimes dey just don't
haf enny manners, ya know?)

He wuz winkwinks wif Sheba, a Singapurr kitty. He was so prowd an happy
when dey started being speshul frends, like he cudn't beleeve such a
remarkable kitty wud want to be wif *him*! Sheba has a ... uh ... furry
unique purrspektif on da werld, an Penrod alwayz appreeshiated lerning
noo ways uv finking about fings from her. An he wud show her fings, too,
about hunting an running a big clowder like da JMCC. Rite before he hadda
leeve for da Bridge, dey went on a crooze, stopping at alla ports along da
coste uv da Norf Dakota Oshun (or wuz it da Souf Dakota Oshun?). Ennyway,
dey had a wunderful romantik crooze an we know it made Penrod furry happy
to spend dat speshul time wif Sheba.

He had a speshul OrcaCat song, too. I fink Sheba roted some uv da words,
an dey wud sing atta top uv dere voices. It goes like dis:

ORCA! ORCA! ORCACAT!
NOT TOO THIN AND NOT TOO FAT!
CUDDLE YOUR ORCACAT TONIGHT
PURE DELIGHT IN BLACK AND WHITE.

ORCA! ORCA! ORCACAT!
WE KILL OUR PREY BY SQUASHING IT FLAT.
IF BY NOW YOU HAVEN'T GUESSED,
WE'RE THE BEST OF ALL THUH REST!

I know dere are lotz more stories bout Penrod an about OrcaCats, but rite
now I just wanna say dat Penrod wuz a furry important an beloved member uv
da JMCC an alla kitties an bunnies an fishies, an espeshully Momma Jo an
Momma Beff still miss him furry furry much. But I bet he's teachin da
Orcacat Song to da Rainbow Bridge Chorale rite now! --Talisker Pippin,
[...]

October 18th 03, 12:17 AM
Sherry Laing > wrote:

<snipt wiff reespekt>

>I know dere are lotz more stories bout Penrod an about OrcaCats, but rite
>now I just wanna say dat Penrod wuz a furry important an beloved member uv
>da JMCC an alla kitties an bunnies an fishies, an espeshully Momma Jo an
>Momma Beff still miss him furry furry much. But I bet he's teachin da
>Orcacat Song to da Rainbow Bridge Chorale rite now! --Talisker Pippin,
>wif Pandora Pussycat

Dose were wunnerful, Tally, just grayt! Auntee MommaJo hasa hard time
wiff tribyoots, so wee'ze furry glad dat yu wer aybull to do deeze.

Wee no dat LittleBit wuz a xsillint frend to kitties, an wuz furry
impurrtint in da daytoday life ov da JMCC. An Penrod wuz sucha fine
fello. Wee will reememfur dem boff, wiff affekshun an gladniss dat
wee noo dem.

Mietze

--
Remove the first m to reply

The Clowder
October 18th 03, 12:17 AM
Sherry Laing > wrote:

<snipt wiff reespekt>

>I know dere are lotz more stories bout Penrod an about OrcaCats, but rite
>now I just wanna say dat Penrod wuz a furry important an beloved member uv
>da JMCC an alla kitties an bunnies an fishies, an espeshully Momma Jo an
>Momma Beff still miss him furry furry much. But I bet he's teachin da
>Orcacat Song to da Rainbow Bridge Chorale rite now! --Talisker Pippin,
>wif Pandora Pussycat

Dose were wunnerful, Tally, just grayt! Auntee MommaJo hasa hard time
wiff tribyoots, so wee'ze furry glad dat yu wer aybull to do deeze.

Wee no dat LittleBit wuz a xsillint frend to kitties, an wuz furry
impurrtint in da daytoday life ov da JMCC. An Penrod wuz sucha fine
fello. Wee will reememfur dem boff, wiff affekshun an gladniss dat
wee noo dem.

Mietze

--
Remove the first m to reply

Ray or Fran
October 18th 03, 04:29 PM
A gud tribute to a gud gud doggie. Enjoy the Bridge Little Bit, romp and
play and sing youze heart out.

Until weze all meet again.

Punkins & Puddi Cat

(Tribute respectfully snipped)

Ray or Fran
October 18th 03, 04:29 PM
A gud tribute to a gud gud doggie. Enjoy the Bridge Little Bit, romp and
play and sing youze heart out.

Until weze all meet again.

Punkins & Puddi Cat

(Tribute respectfully snipped)

Ray or Fran
October 18th 03, 04:33 PM
Weze so so glad youze gave this tribute for Penrod. Youze both did a
wonderful job and weze knowz Sheba would be proud of youze tribute to herz
winkwink and so would Aunti Momma Jo and Aunti Momma Beth.

Penrod was a wonderful cat and Meowmie is suffering from MMS syndrome all of
a sudden.

Punkins & Puddi Cat
(Raising theirz glasses to the Bridge - until weze meet again Penrod, until
weze meet again).

(Tribute lovingly snipped)

Ray or Fran
October 18th 03, 04:33 PM
Weze so so glad youze gave this tribute for Penrod. Youze both did a
wonderful job and weze knowz Sheba would be proud of youze tribute to herz
winkwink and so would Aunti Momma Jo and Aunti Momma Beth.

Penrod was a wonderful cat and Meowmie is suffering from MMS syndrome all of
a sudden.

Punkins & Puddi Cat
(Raising theirz glasses to the Bridge - until weze meet again Penrod, until
weze meet again).

(Tribute lovingly snipped)

JGW
October 20th 03, 09:27 PM
Yes! Fangu! For doin such a nicenice job an carryin on da
tradishun.

Miranda-banda, glaring at her typist who made her late posting

> Fangu, Mietze. Yu always do such a gudgud job at this.

JGW
October 20th 03, 09:27 PM
Yes! Fangu! For doin such a nicenice job an carryin on da
tradishun.

Miranda-banda, glaring at her typist who made her late posting

> Fangu, Mietze. Yu always do such a gudgud job at this.

JGW
October 20th 03, 10:17 PM
><Brown-tabby an white bob-tailed gurl luks around the edges uv the
>standing stones, den whispurrs to the brown-tabby an white long-tailed
>gurl beside her. Then bof kitties step forward. The bob-tailed gurl
>cleers her throte and addresses the assembly.>

>I gess MirandaBanda, High Priestess uv Bast an da Jesse Memorial Critter
>Complex (JMCC) is bizzy doing Bast priestess druid fings, so my winkwink,
>Pandora Pussycat, and I wud like to give a tribute to a member uv da
>JMCC who haz gone to da Bridge dis yeer. I'm prowd to be related by
>winking to da JMCC clowder, an honnered to be able to gif dis tribute, cuz
>Little Bit wuz furry speshul to Pandy an me.

[gently snipped for ISP]

I'ze heer, I'ze heer. Yoo won't beleeve da typist trubbles I'ze had!!
Momma Jo kept draggin her feets about da Jellicle Ball an I fink she
wuz scared, an she kept sayin she didn't no ware to begin to write a
tribute. So FANGU Tally for doin dis!!

We all miss Little Bit furry much. She wuz a finefine doggie. An yoo
gottid da story furry well too. I finally dragged Momma Jo heer an
she's gonna say somefing now. RITE Momma Jo????

Miranda-banda, dragging da hoomin out to speek.

Um, thanks, so much Tally. And Miranda-banda. Sorry I'm so late
everybody. Well, let's see if I can do this.

Little Bit arrived at our front door at the age of six months, in the
arms of some guy who asked us if she was ours. We said no, and he
said she was in the middle of the road in front of our house. We
later learned some things that make us think it was a trick and he was
trying to "dump" her. She was a very beautiful pit bull mix and the
sweetest dog you can imagine. We let her stay and I tried to find her
a good home. Every time somebody called in response to our ad, she
shook with fear. Somehow she knew. Anyway, eventually we gave up and
realized she was our dog. During the first few weeks that she was
with us, I kept saying, "Now don't get too comfortable little dog,
we'll feed you, but you're not staying with us." After a while
"little dog" turned into "Little Bit." But she turned into a Big Bit.
And of course, she stayed. The day she knew she was in was when we
put a heart-shaped ID tag on her collar with her name and our address
and phone number on it.

Little Bit quickly made friends with our dog Terry Jo and the two of
them worked tirelessly to protect and defend us and make us feel
loved. One time she and Terry Jo probably saved our lives when a
creep knocked on our door at 4 AM asking to come in and use our phone.
She didn't like him one bit, and she and Terry Jo chased him away and
pinned him against our fence until he begged us to allow him to leave.
They never hurt him, but he sure knew never to come around again.

But she was remarkably gentle. I remember once when she and a 4 year
old little girl named Mariah went walking on our land picking
blackberries. I didn't know how she'd be with kids, but she was
wonderful. I saw the two of them coming back, mouths all purple,
Mariah's arm around her and handing her berries: one for you, one for
me, one for you, one for me...

Little Bit loved to cuddle. She tricked us into letting her sleep on
our bed and she slept there every night, face pointed to the door to
protect us. She loved when we would lie lengthwise along her body and
"spoon,." wrapping an arm around her middle. And she gave great
doggie kisses.

Everybody loved Little Bit. She was a great hiking buddy and always
an ambassador of good will. She was a member of the One Ear Up club
on rec.pets.dogs.

She worried about leaving for the Bridge and hung on as long as she
could. She wanted to make sure we'd be okay without her. After she
left, I realized how much work she really did for us. She kept
intruder cats away, told us every time somebody who didn't belong came
around, sounded the alarm when cats were fighting, notified the bears
and racoons and coyotes that our property was off-limits, and let the
hoomins know that our home was protected. She was cheerful and
good-natured about meeting new people and making friends, made friends
with her babysitters on the rare occasions we went away, and was
always there to give love.

We miss her very much and hope she is happy at the Bridge.

Momma Jo, feeling like words aren't adequate to say what she means.

JGW
October 20th 03, 10:17 PM
> [...]

an ambassador of good will. She was a member of the One Ear Up club
on rec.pets.dogs.

She worried about leaving for the Bridge and hung on as long as she
could. She wanted to make sure we'd be okay without her. After she
left, I realized how much work she really did for us. She kept
intruder cats away, told us every time somebody who didn't belong came
around, sounded the alarm when cats were fighting, notified the bears
and racoons and coyotes that our property was off-limits, and let the
hoomins know that our home was protected. She was cheerful and
good-natured about meeting new people and making friends, made friends
with her babysitters on the rare occasions we went away, and was
always there to give love.

We miss her very much and hope she is happy at the Bridge.

Momma Jo, feeling like words aren't adequate to say what she means.

October 20th 03, 10:45 PM
Dis waz a bewtifull tribyewt, Antie Momma Jo. We noo yu cud du it.

Bootsie, Gizmo, Sassy, and Whiskers, and their mom

> [...]

>an ambassador of good will. She was a member of the One Ear Up club
>on rec.pets.dogs.
>
>She worried about leaving for the Bridge and hung on as long as she
>could. She wanted to make sure we'd be okay without her. After she
>left, I realized how much work she really did for us. She kept
>intruder cats away, told us every time somebody who didn't belong came
>around, sounded the alarm when cats were fighting, notified the bears
>and racoons and coyotes that our property was off-limits, and let the
>hoomins know that our home was protected. She was cheerful and
>good-natured about meeting new people and making friends, made friends
>with her babysitters on the rare occasions we went away, and was
>always there to give love.
>
>We miss her very much and hope she is happy at the Bridge.
>
>Momma Jo, feeling like words aren't adequate to say what she means.

October 20th 03, 10:55 PM
><Brown-tabby an white bob-tailed gurl finishes her tribute to Little
>Bit uv da Jesse Memorial Cat Complex, turns and gives a quick earwash
>to the brown-tabby an white long-tailed gurl standing beside her, then
>turns back to the Jellicle assembly.>
>
>My winkwink, Pandora Pussycat, and I wud like to give a tribute to anuther
>member uv da JMCC who haz gone to da Bridge dis yeer. I'm prowd to be
>related by winking to da JMCC clowder, an honnered to be able to gif dis
>tribute, cuz Penrod wuz a furry speshul kitty.

[gently snipped]

Fangu Tally an Pandy (speshully Tally!) for dat. Now dat I FINALLY
have a typist ritin for me I can say a few words myself.

Well, Penrod an I took a wile to warm up to eech other. I always
thought he wuz kinda pushy. But I hafta admit, he wuz a gud leader an
he did a grate job keepin those trooder kitties away. I fink I bedder
let Momma Jo give da rest of da tribute.

Miranda-banda, draggin Momma Jo out.

Thanks, Tally and Pandy and Miranda. Tally I really appreciate your
doing this for us. I just didn't know where to begin to write a
tribute to Penrod. But I'll try.

Penrod arrived at the JMCC on his own paws. He started showing up at
the cat house and cat garage looking like he could use some food and
shelter and TED attention. I thought he was a girl, so we called him
Penelope. One day I got a look under his tail and I knew he was
Penrod instead.

Penrod was a very dominant cat and I worried that he would be able to
fit into our community. But after a while, he calmed down. He
learned who belonged and who didn't, and assumed the role of defender
of the clowder. He patrolled the cat house and cat garage and also
maintained rights inside the hoomin house. He was cat enough and
confident enough that, when somebody like Miranda would whap him or
growlhiss at him he never felt the need to retaliate. He just walked
away like a gentlecat.

He and Little Bit were sometimes scared of each other and occasionally
got into disagreements that were based on misunderstanding.
Eventually, they came to understand and even like each other.

Penrod had a very tender and magical side. Whenever he was low on
energy or whenever he sensed we were low on energy, he would plaster
himself on our chests, wrap his front paws around our necks, and do an
energy exchange. If we needed energy, he would siphon his own energy
into us. If he needed energy, he would draw if out of us into
himself. It didn't matter which way the flow was going, though; we
always felt energized afterwards.

He was always friendly and outgoing. Everybody knew and loved Penrod.
He did have a habit of biting and scratching hard, without much
warning, if you got on his nerves. We learned to read his body
language well enough to get out of the way when he was feeling grumpy.
Most of the time, he had a wonderful healing presence most of the
time. He gave off great cat heat and just the right weight so that
when he plopped himself down on us, it felt really cozy. And he was
always very good about getting medical treatments, even if he didn't
like them. He had been in the Out and knew what it was like to have
no one care about him, and he was so grateful to be loved and cared
for.

He was very very brave during his final illness. He put up with his
illness without complaint and managed to enjoy life right up until the
very end. When he finally gave us word that it was time to quit, his
body really was pretty much used up. But he remained cheerful and
positive right up until that time.

Our lives were richer for having Penrod in our lives. We depended on
him for so much--love and affection and the excellent leadership he
provided for the whole clowder. When Little Bit went to the Bridge,
all of the responsibility for maintaining order fell on his shoulders,
and he did a magnificent job of handling the many challenges that came
his way.

Penrod adored Sheba. He loved her for many years but thought she had
another winkwink. He was thrilled when she told him she felt the same
way about him. They had a wonderful happy relationship. And Sheba
was the one that let the whole world know how wonderful Orcacats are.

He was way too young to have to go to The Bridge and we were so sorry
he had to go. We always wonder what happened to him before he found
his way to us. We know he had fallen on hard times, and we are so
grateful that we were able to give him a OneTrooHome. We miss him
very much, but we are grateful that he graced our lives with his
loving presence as long as he did.

Momma Jo

JGW
October 20th 03, 10:55 PM
> [...]

provided for the whole clowder. When Little Bit went to the Bridge,
all of the responsibility for maintaining order fell on his shoulders,
and he did a magnificent job of handling the many challenges that came
his way.

Penrod adored Sheba. He loved her for many years but thought she had
another winkwink. He was thrilled when she told him she felt the same
way about him. They had a wonderful happy relationship. And Sheba
was the one that let the whole world know how wonderful Orcacats are.

He was way too young to have to go to The Bridge and we were so sorry
he had to go. We always wonder what happened to him before he found
his way to us. We know he had fallen on hard times, and we are so
grateful that we were able to give him a OneTrooHome. We miss him
very much, but we are grateful that he graced our lives with his

October 20th 03, 10:56 PM

><snipt wiff reespekt>
>
>>I know dere are lotz more stories bout Penrod an about OrcaCats, but rite
>>now I just wanna say dat Penrod wuz a furry important an beloved member uv
>>da JMCC an alla kitties an bunnies an fishies, an espeshully Momma Jo an
>>Momma Beff still miss him furry furry much. But I bet he's teachin da
>>Orcacat Song to da Rainbow Bridge Chorale rite now! --Talisker Pippin,
>>wif Pandora Pussycat
>
>Dose were wunnerful, Tally, just grayt! Auntee MommaJo hasa hard time
>wiff tribyoots, so wee'ze furry glad dat yu wer aybull to do deeze.
>
>Wee no dat LittleBit wuz a xsillint frend to kitties, an wuz furry
>impurrtint in da daytoday life ov da JMCC. An Penrod wuz sucha fine
>fello. Wee will reememfur dem boff, wiff affekshun an gladniss dat
>wee noo dem.
>
>Mietze

Oh thanks, Mietze. How did you know?? I'm so glad you understand.
And again, thank you for all you do to keep the traditions of the
Jellicle Ball and the Rainbow Bridge Memorials alive.

Momma Jo

JGW
October 20th 03, 10:56 PM

><snipt wiff reespekt>
>
>>I know dere are lotz more stories bout Penrod an about OrcaCats, but rite
>>now I just wanna say dat Penrod wuz a furry important an beloved member uv
>>da JMCC an alla kitties an bunnies an fishies, an espeshully Momma Jo an
>>Momma Beff still miss him furry furry much. But I bet he's teachin da
>>Orcacat Song to da Rainbow Bridge Chorale rite now! --Talisker Pippin,
>>wif Pandora Pussycat
>
>Dose were wunnerful, Tally, just grayt! Auntee MommaJo hasa hard time
>wiff tribyoots, so wee'ze furry glad dat yu wer aybull to do deeze.
>
>Wee no dat LittleBit wuz a xsillint frend to kitties, an wuz furry
>impurrtint in da daytoday life ov da JMCC. An Penrod wuz sucha fine
>fello. Wee will reememfur dem boff, wiff affekshun an gladniss dat
>wee noo dem.
>
>Mietze

Oh thanks, Mietze. How did you know?? I'm so glad you understand.
And again, thank you for all you do to keep the traditions of the
Jellicle Ball and the Rainbow Bridge Memorials alive.

Momma Jo

Sherry Laing
October 21st 03, 03:07 AM
Hihihi, Miranda! We're so glad yew got done wif all your blackcat druid
Bast priestess fings an got Momma Jo to let you atta pooter! I didn't
know all doze stories bout yew an Penrod or how he camed to da JMCC or how
he an da mommas exchanged energys -- doze were gudgud stories! --Talisker
Pippin, glad to see the blackcat sitting by da standing stones

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003, JGW wrote:

> [...]
> provided for the whole clowder. When Little Bit went to the Bridge,
> all of the responsibility for maintaining order fell on his shoulders,
> and he did a magnificent job of handling the many challenges that came
> his way.
>
> Penrod adored Sheba. He loved her for many years but thought she had
> another winkwink. He was thrilled when she told him she felt the same
> way about him. They had a wonderful happy relationship. And Sheba
> was the one that let the whole world know how wonderful Orcacats are.
>
> He was way too young to have to go to The Bridge and we were so sorry
> he had to go. We always wonder what happened to him before he found
> his way to us. We know he had fallen on hard times, and we are so
> grateful that we were able to give him a OneTrooHome. We miss him
> very much, but we are grateful that he graced our lives with his

Sherry Laing
October 21st 03, 03:14 AM
On Mon, 20 Oct 2003, JGW wrote:

> I'ze heer, I'ze heer. Yoo won't beleeve da typist trubbles I'ze had!!
> Momma Jo kept draggin her feets about da Jellicle Ball an I fink she
> wuz scared, an she kept sayin she didn't no ware to begin to write a
> tribute. So FANGU Tally for doin dis!!

Yew're welcome, Miranda. I didn't want to presume, but I knew yew were
problee bizzy wif blackcat fings, an I *know* how it iz about getting yer
typist to do her job <gives meaningful luk towards own typist>

> We all miss Little Bit furry much. She wuz a finefine doggie. An yoo
> gottid da story furry well too. I finally dragged Momma Jo heer an
> she's gonna say somefing now. RITE Momma Jo????
>
> Miranda-banda, dragging da hoomin out to speek.
>
> Um, thanks, so much Tally. And Miranda-banda. Sorry I'm so late
> everybody. Well, let's see if I can do this.

<beautiful tribute gently snipped>

Oh, Momma Jo! I didn't know all doze fings about Liddle Bit! I'm glad
Miranda got yew here to tell us. I'm also glad yew didn't mind me
starting da tribyoots, but yew an Miranda haf done da bestest job. Fangu
fur letting me help out -- Talisker Pippin, prowd winkwink uv a JMCC cat

Visit the BallardBunch at Bitterroot Manor,
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Meadows/1240/

Sherry Laing
October 21st 03, 03:14 AM
On Mon, 20 Oct 2003, JGW wrote:

> I'ze heer, I'ze heer. Yoo won't beleeve da typist trubbles I'ze had!!
> Momma Jo kept draggin her feets about da Jellicle Ball an I fink she
> wuz scared, an she kept sayin she didn't no ware to begin to write a
> tribute. So FANGU Tally for doin dis!!

Yew're welcome, Miranda. I didn't want to presume, but I knew yew were
problee bizzy wif blackcat fings, an I *know* how it iz about getting yer
typist to do her job <gives meaningful luk towards own typist>

> We all miss Little Bit furry much. She wuz a finefine doggie. An yoo
> gottid da story furry well too. I finally dragged Momma Jo heer an
> she's gonna say somefing now. RITE Momma Jo????
>
> Miranda-banda, dragging da hoomin out to speek.
>
> Um, thanks, so much Tally. And Miranda-banda. Sorry I'm so late
> everybody. Well, let's see if I can do this.

<beautiful tribute gently snipped>

Oh, Momma Jo! I didn't know all doze fings about Liddle Bit! I'm glad
Miranda got yew here to tell us. I'm also glad yew didn't mind me
starting da tribyoots, but yew an Miranda haf done da bestest job. Fangu
fur letting me help out -- Talisker Pippin, prowd winkwink uv a JMCC cat

Visit the BallardBunch at Bitterroot Manor,
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Meadows/1240/

KS
October 21st 03, 03:42 PM
Anuffur bewtiful tribyewt, Antie Momma Jo. Weer sorree we dint get to know
Penrod az well az we did Miranda an Poppy. Mom sez tharez fingz bout him dat
she had wiff Spook. Thay boff left us tuu soon. <sssniff>

> [...]

>provided for the whole clowder. When Little Bit went to the Bridge,
>all of the responsibility for maintaining order fell on his shoulders,
>and he did a magnificent job of handling the many challenges that came
>his way.
>
>Penrod adored Sheba. He loved her for many years but thought she had
>another winkwink. He was thrilled when she told him she felt the same
>way about him. They had a wonderful happy relationship. And Sheba
>was the one that let the whole world know how wonderful Orcacats are.
>
>He was way too young to have to go to The Bridge and we were so sorry
>he had to go. We always wonder what happened to him before he found
>his way to us. We know he had fallen on hard times, and we are so
>grateful that we were able to give him a OneTrooHome. We miss him
>very much, but we are grateful that he graced our lives with his

The Clowder
October 22nd 03, 03:16 AM
JGW > wrote:

<reluktintly snippd>

>We miss her very much and hope she is happy at the Bridge.
>
>Momma Jo, feeling like words aren't adequate to say what she means.

Doze wer troo an luffing wurrds yu fownd, Auntee MommaJo, muchmuch
beddur denn "addaqwit". Yu told us lots bowt Little Bit dat will help
us rememfur her eevin beddur den beefor. Fangu.

Mietze

--
Remove the first m to reply

The Clowder
October 22nd 03, 03:16 AM

<reluktintly snippd>

JGW > wrote:

>><snipt wiff reespekt>
>>
>>>I know dere are lotz more stories bout Penrod an about OrcaCats, but rite
>>>now I just wanna say dat Penrod wuz a furry important an beloved member uv
>>>da JMCC an alla kitties an bunnies an fishies, an espeshully Momma Jo an
>>>Momma Beff still miss him furry furry much. But I bet he's teachin da
>>>Orcacat Song to da Rainbow Bridge Chorale rite now! --Talisker Pippin,
>>>wif Pandora Pussycat
>>
>>Dose were wunnerful, Tally, just grayt! Auntee MommaJo hasa hard time
>>wiff tribyoots, so wee'ze furry glad dat yu wer aybull to do deeze.
>>
>>Wee no dat LittleBit wuz a xsillint frend to kitties, an wuz furry
>>impurrtint in da daytoday life ov da JMCC. An Penrod wuz sucha fine
>>fello. Wee will reememfur dem boff, wiff affekshun an gladniss dat
>>wee noo dem.
>>
>>Mietze
>
>Oh thanks, Mietze. How did you know?? I'm so glad you understand.
>And again, thank you for all you do to keep the traditions of the
>Jellicle Ball and the Rainbow Bridge Memorials alive.
>
>Momma Jo

I fink MirandaBanda told mineselv. Or mebbe it wuz Penrod.

Da Jellicle Ball is furry deer to mine hart, Auntee MommaJo. Dere's
no mor impurrtint fing I cud do fur dis groop denn to onor doze wee
luff.

Mietze
--
Remove the first m to reply