PDA

View Full Version : Re: Jellicle Ball ~ Another Tribute...

The Clowder
October 11th 03, 11:32 PM
Unca Cory > wrote:

>Goodbye, sweet girl. You may have done things your way and on your
>terms, but in an ironic twist, that's probably what I'll remember best,
>and most fondly, about you.
>
>--- Cory, about to get a bad case of MMS...

Awwww...a nize strong hedbutt to yurownselv, an more to yur
hoominparints, Uncle Cory.

I haff addid Tootie to da lisst fur da Final Calling of Names, an she
has a brik onda Walk ov Remembranz.

Mietze

--

RPC/RPCC Walk of Remembranz
http://www.geocities.com/bccclub/introduction.html

ladyjade
October 14th 03, 05:36 AM
"Unca Cory" > wrote in message
t...
> [...]
> positive experience for me, to say the least.
>
> My mom had gone out to walk the d*g one morning at the park right down
> the hill from our house. It was a rainy day... damp, cloudy... you get
> the picture. In the park there's a culvert. Being the quirky d*g that
> he was, Alfalfa loved to go check out that culvert on his daily walk in
> the park and see what kind of stuff he could find there. That's where my
> mother found Tootie... wet, cold, hungry. She was just a wee bit of a
> thing. Mom and TED thought she was about six weeks old or so, and had
> been dumped in the culvert by someone attempting to, more or less, kill
> her (we thought that she was part of an unwanted litter). My brother was
> going through a "CATS" phase in his life, and wanted to name this kitten
> Mistopheles <sp?>. Mistopheles it was. Somehow, my dad started calling
> her Tootie after my brother and I left home, and the name stuck
>
> As I said, I liked d*gs more than cats at that time in my life. Cats
> were too independent for my tastes. Tootie hung out with you on her own
> terms, whether you wanted her to hang out with you at that given moment
> or not (and was a bit of a pain in the ass in that respect, also), and
> really, as time went on, latched on to my father more than anyone else in
> the house.
>
> I didn't really bond with Tootie in the same way that I bonded with Onyx.
> However, I was not prepared for the reaction I had when she went to the
> Bridge in February. I regretted not spending more time with her, and I
> missed her... still do, AAMOF. Tootie was a good cat. She was an
> assertive cat... never afraid to put Alfalfa the d*g, or a much younger
> Onyx (who was born in 1994), or her sisfur Holly, born a year after
> Onyx, in their place... and she was a loyal cat.
>
> Tootie was traveling with my folks in the RV-monster when she fell ill
> for the last time. My folks were beside themselves, because the worst of
> her malady, whatever it was, came in the middle of the night, when no
> TED's offices were open, and my folks couldn't find a 24 hour animal
> hospital, either. When morning came, they made a beeline for a TED's
> office, and didn't hesitate whatsoever in deciding to put an end to
> Tootie's discomfort. She was cremated, and the ashes were to be shipped
> back to my folks' house up north. Because of some miscommunications or
> something, my folks ended up going *back* to TED's office, some 100 miles
> or so out of their way, to retrieve Tootie's ashes. She was that much a
> part of our lives.
>
> Goodbye, sweet girl. You may have done things your way and on your
> terms, but in an ironic twist, that's probably what I'll remember best,
> and most fondly, about you.
>
> --- Cory, about to get a bad case of MMS...
>
> --
> "Mine hedd a tennizball izz NOT!" --- Mr. GrowlTiger
>
> My e-mail address does not have my first name in it

Dat waz luvlee Unca Cory <sniff>

DaRennieKidz

Sylvia M.
October 14th 03, 07:25 AM
"ladyjade" > wrote in message
ble.rogers.com...

> [...]
> > hospital, either. When morning came, they made a beeline for a TED's
> > office, and didn't hesitate whatsoever in deciding to put an end to
> > Tootie's discomfort. She was cremated, and the ashes were to be shipped
> > back to my folks' house up north. Because of some miscommunications or
> > something, my folks ended up going *back* to TED's office, some 100
miles
> > or so out of their way, to retrieve Tootie's ashes. She was that much a
> > part of our lives.
> >
> > Goodbye, sweet girl. You may have done things your way and on your
> > terms, but in an ironic twist, that's probably what I'll remember best,
> > and most fondly, about you.
> >
> > --- Cory, about to get a bad case of MMS...
> >
> > --
> > "Mine hedd a tennizball izz NOT!" --- Mr. GrowlTiger
> >
> > My e-mail address does not have my first name in it

Fangu furr shayren yur hart wiff us unka cory
Dyna, attempting tu groom Unka Cory's hayer

Ray or Fran
October 14th 03, 08:19 PM
A gud gud tribute to a fine old girl Uncle Cory. Weze glad youze told uz
about her and herz live with youze family. Youze will meet again at the
Bridge.

Punkins & Puddi Cat

(Tribute respectfully trimmed)

Boggity Boggsworth