PDA

View Full Version : POLL: Where does your cat sleep?

Ablang
December 8th 03, 02:41 AM
Where does your cat sleep at night?

For me, sometimes it varies. Sometimes its on the bed with me. Sometimes
she sleeps on the couch. She has access to the entire place, but sometimes
choose not to share body heat w/ me.

--
My cat's job is to look pretty, smell good, sleep, eat, pee, & poop, in
that order.

medicscout
December 8th 03, 03:11 AM
Mine sleeps on the bet with me, next to my head. The other sleeps on floor,
anywhere my clothes may be piling up.

"Ablang" > wrote in message
> Where does your cat sleep at night?
>
> For me, sometimes it varies. Sometimes its on the bed with me. Sometimes
> she sleeps on the couch. She has access to the entire place, but
sometimes
> choose not to share body heat w/ me.
>
> --
> My cat's job is to look pretty, smell good, sleep, eat, pee, & poop, in
> that order.

Orchid
December 8th 03, 03:29 AM
On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 02:41:15 +0000 (UTC), Ablang
> wrote:

>Where does your cat sleep at night?
>
>For me, sometimes it varies. Sometimes its on the bed with me. Sometimes
>she sleeps on the couch. She has access to the entire place, but sometimes
>choose not to share body heat w/ me.

My boys sleep on the bed with us, and have ever since the
first night they were home. :) They don't always spend the whole
night with us, but they're always there for part of it.

Orchid
See Orchid's Kitties! -- http://nik.ascendancy.net/bengalpage
Want a Purebred Cat? Read This! -- http://nik.ascendancy.net/orchid

Orchid
December 8th 03, 03:29 AM
On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 02:41:15 +0000 (UTC), Ablang
> wrote:

>Where does your cat sleep at night?
>
>For me, sometimes it varies. Sometimes its on the bed with me. Sometimes
>she sleeps on the couch. She has access to the entire place, but sometimes
>choose not to share body heat w/ me.

My boys sleep on the bed with us, and have ever since the
first night they were home. :) They don't always spend the whole
night with us, but they're always there for part of it.

Orchid
See Orchid's Kitties! -- http://nik.ascendancy.net/bengalpage
Want a Purebred Cat? Read This! -- http://nik.ascendancy.net/orchid

Kit
December 8th 03, 05:55 AM
Mr.Moggy sleep's on my pillow an lately he been going to foot of the bed.
Kit

Kit
December 8th 03, 05:55 AM
Mr.Moggy sleep's on my pillow an lately he been going to foot of the bed.
Kit

-L.
December 8th 03, 06:52 AM
Ablang > wrote in message >...
> Where does your cat sleep at night?

Used to be I had one resting under my arm, and another under the
covers at my knees. Then I met DH and he is allergic, so they have
their own space now. Now one sleeps with the Basenji mix, and the
other has her own special place "way up high". She's Queen Kitty, ya
know...;)

-L.

-L.
December 8th 03, 06:52 AM
Ablang > wrote in message >...
> Where does your cat sleep at night?

Used to be I had one resting under my arm, and another under the
covers at my knees. Then I met DH and he is allergic, so they have
their own space now. Now one sleeps with the Basenji mix, and the
other has her own special place "way up high". She's Queen Kitty, ya
know...;)

-L.

Dawn
December 8th 03, 04:55 PM
Pounce sleeps on the couch or the chair (preference shown for where a
blanket has been left or a pillow laying flat).

Jazz sleeps in the "house" of the cat tree or on the hamper in the
bathroom.

Blade sleeps in the crook of my arm with his head on my shoulder or
"hugging" my foot (only for part of the night, usually about 2 or 3 he
gets up and is "busy").

Dawn
December 8th 03, 04:55 PM
Pounce sleeps on the couch or the chair (preference shown for where a
blanket has been left or a pillow laying flat).

Jazz sleeps in the "house" of the cat tree or on the hamper in the
bathroom.

Blade sleeps in the crook of my arm with his head on my shoulder or
"hugging" my foot (only for part of the night, usually about 2 or 3 he
gets up and is "busy").

M.C. Mullen
December 8th 03, 05:17 PM
| Where does your cat sleep at night?

On my pillow and gradually moving on when I move - in order to get the whole
pillow for himself :-)

Some time during the night Micky is active. I find the results of that in
the mornings:
Rug thrown down the stairs, stolen items like flowers, lighters or clothes'
pegs hidden away somewhere. :-)
(What a darling! My kids complain that the cat has more freedom than they
have...)

Carola

M.C. Mullen
December 8th 03, 05:17 PM
| Where does your cat sleep at night?

On my pillow and gradually moving on when I move - in order to get the whole
pillow for himself :-)

Some time during the night Micky is active. I find the results of that in
the mornings:
Rug thrown down the stairs, stolen items like flowers, lighters or clothes'
pegs hidden away somewhere. :-)
(What a darling! My kids complain that the cat has more freedom than they
have...)

Carola

Bobcat
December 8th 03, 05:23 PM
"M.C. Mullen" > wrote in message

> Where does your cat sleep at night?

On my bed and my desk (on a special cushion) and on our couch and on the
stereo and on the guest room bed and on the window ledge and on the floor in
a patch of sunlight and in the basement if there's thunder and on my
photocopier (on a special pad) and...well, you get the idea - anywhere they
like. (We have two.)

Bobcat
December 8th 03, 05:23 PM
"M.C. Mullen" > wrote in message

> Where does your cat sleep at night?

On my bed and my desk (on a special cushion) and on our couch and on the
stereo and on the guest room bed and on the window ledge and on the floor in
a patch of sunlight and in the basement if there's thunder and on my
photocopier (on a special pad) and...well, you get the idea - anywhere they
like. (We have two.)

Blurbubble
December 8th 03, 05:26 PM
"M.C. Mullen" > wrote in message

> | Where does your cat sleep at night?
>

> On my pillow and gradually moving on when I move - in order to get the
whole
> pillow for himself :-)

That's what my Clarence likes to do too - an accomplished pillow thief :o)

Blurbubble

--
"The message is that there are no knowns. There are things we know that we
know. There are known unknowns, that is to say there are things we now know

---

Blurbubble
December 8th 03, 05:26 PM
"M.C. Mullen" > wrote in message

> | Where does your cat sleep at night?
>

> On my pillow and gradually moving on when I move - in order to get the
whole
> pillow for himself :-)

That's what my Clarence likes to do too - an accomplished pillow thief :o)

Blurbubble

--
"The message is that there are no knowns. There are things we know that we
know. There are known unknowns, that is to say there are things we now know
we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- things we do not know
we don't know."

---

Bobcat
December 8th 03, 05:50 PM
"Blurbubble" (fake addy)> wrote
in message ...

> "M.C. Mullen" > wrote in message
> >

> > | Where does your cat sleep at night?

> > On my pillow and gradually moving on when I move - in order to get the
> whole
> > pillow for himself :-)

> That's what my Clarence likes to do too - an accomplished pillow thief :o)
> Blurbubble

When the mood takes them, our two cats like to lie squeezed against on both
sides of the bed. They're both dark-furred, so this makes me the human
filling in a kitty Oreo.

Bobcat
December 8th 03, 05:50 PM
"Blurbubble" (fake addy)> wrote
in message ...

> "M.C. Mullen" > wrote in message
> >

> > | Where does your cat sleep at night?

> > On my pillow and gradually moving on when I move - in order to get the
> whole
> > pillow for himself :-)

> That's what my Clarence likes to do too - an accomplished pillow thief :o)
> Blurbubble

When the mood takes them, our two cats like to lie squeezed against on both
sides of the bed. They're both dark-furred, so this makes me the human
filling in a kitty Oreo.

Kalyahna
December 8th 03, 06:05 PM
"Ablang" > wrote in message
> Where does your cat sleep at night?

Pandora sleeps on the pillow, but she has to have a hand to lay on and lick
when she feels like it. Occasionally she'll bunch herself up under the
pillow and lean on my shoulder to lick my face.

Persephone likes to be under the covers or on the covers, but almost always
on the back of my knees so I can't move.

Maddie (foster) sleeps on my chest or my back, just so long as it's absurdly
close to my face.

Peaches (foster) sleeps nearby, within arm's reach, but the only time she
wants to be -on- me is if I'm awake enough to pet her.

Kalyahna
December 8th 03, 06:05 PM
"Ablang" > wrote in message
> Where does your cat sleep at night?

Pandora sleeps on the pillow, but she has to have a hand to lay on and lick
when she feels like it. Occasionally she'll bunch herself up under the
pillow and lean on my shoulder to lick my face.

Persephone likes to be under the covers or on the covers, but almost always
on the back of my knees so I can't move.

Maddie (foster) sleeps on my chest or my back, just so long as it's absurdly
close to my face.

Peaches (foster) sleeps nearby, within arm's reach, but the only time she
wants to be -on- me is if I'm awake enough to pet her.

Dan Mahoney
December 8th 03, 06:09 PM
Ablang wrote:
> Where does your cat sleep at night?
>
> For me, sometimes it varies. Sometimes its on the bed with me. Sometimes
> she sleeps on the couch. She has access to the entire place, but sometimes
> choose not to share body heat w/ me.

Sammy sleeps right beside me usually, CLeopatra sleeps on Nancy's
pillow, Tabitha sleeps sometimes at the foot of the bed, sometimes in
the living room. Amelia starts the night sleeping on the back of the
couch but usually ends up at my feet.

When we adopted Tabitha back in early June we kept her in the bathroom
for a couple of weeks. It was very warm during the day, so we cut a
window in the bathroom door so the cool air from the cooler would keep
the room inhabitable. We then adopted Sammy in early July, and the
window in the bathroom door again came in handy. Sammy was spending all
of his time in the bathroom - he had an eye infection, so we didn't want
to introduce him to the other cats after it had been treated for 2 or 3
weeks.

At the 2-week mark Sammy decided it was time for his isolation to end.
Nancy and I went to bed at our usual time. About 30 minutes later I was
startled by a scrabbling sound on my side of the bed. I looked to see
what was causing the noise - it was tiny baby Sammy climbing up the side
of the bed! He had managed to get out of the bathroom all by himself. I
figure he had to climb a bath towel, walk along the top of the towel
rod, and jump through the bathroom door window. From that day on, Sammy
always slept with me.

Dan Mahoney
December 8th 03, 06:09 PM
Ablang wrote:
> Where does your cat sleep at night?
>
> For me, sometimes it varies. Sometimes its on the bed with me. Sometimes
> she sleeps on the couch. She has access to the entire place, but sometimes
> choose not to share body heat w/ me.

Sammy sleeps right beside me usually, CLeopatra sleeps on Nancy's
pillow, Tabitha sleeps sometimes at the foot of the bed, sometimes in
the living room. Amelia starts the night sleeping on the back of the
couch but usually ends up at my feet.

When we adopted Tabitha back in early June we kept her in the bathroom
for a couple of weeks. It was very warm during the day, so we cut a
window in the bathroom door so the cool air from the cooler would keep
the room inhabitable. We then adopted Sammy in early July, and the
window in the bathroom door again came in handy. Sammy was spending all
of his time in the bathroom - he had an eye infection, so we didn't want
to introduce him to the other cats after it had been treated for 2 or 3
weeks.

At the 2-week mark Sammy decided it was time for his isolation to end.
Nancy and I went to bed at our usual time. About 30 minutes later I was
startled by a scrabbling sound on my side of the bed. I looked to see
what was causing the noise - it was tiny baby Sammy climbing up the side
of the bed! He had managed to get out of the bathroom all by himself. I
figure he had to climb a bath towel, walk along the top of the towel
rod, and jump through the bathroom door window. From that day on, Sammy
always slept with me.

Nikki West
December 8th 03, 07:17 PM
"M.C. Mullen" > wrote in message

> | Where does your cat sleep at night?
>

> On my pillow and gradually moving on when I move - in order to get the
whole
> pillow for himself :-)

That's exactly what Artemis does! When he wakes me up for my 5:00 bath, I
notice that I have about 2 square inches of pillow and he has the rest. :)
He's just too damn cute to kick off though!

Nikki West
December 8th 03, 07:17 PM
"M.C. Mullen" > wrote in message

> | Where does your cat sleep at night?
>

> On my pillow and gradually moving on when I move - in order to get the
whole
> pillow for himself :-)

That's exactly what Artemis does! When he wakes me up for my 5:00 bath, I
notice that I have about 2 square inches of pillow and he has the rest. :)
He's just too damn cute to kick off though!

No One But Me
December 8th 03, 08:34 PM
i have 9 cats & they all sleep in different places. right now i'm home alone
at night, so some sleep in my daughters room, some on top of the washer or
the dryer, there are chairs with pillows in front of the sliding glass door,
pillows in front of the heaters, the couch, the recliner, the computer chair
.... and some choose to sleep atop the clean laundry, or in the laundry
basket filled with dirty laundry waiting to be washed. you name it ...
they've slept there.

barbara

"Ablang" > wrote in message
> Where does your cat sleep at night?
>
> For me, sometimes it varies. Sometimes its on the bed with me. Sometimes
> she sleeps on the couch. She has access to the entire place, but
sometimes
> choose not to share body heat w/ me.
>
> --
> My cat's job is to look pretty, smell good, sleep, eat, pee, & poop, in
> that order.

OWK
December 8th 03, 08:37 PM
Ablang > wrote in message >...
> Where does your cat sleep at night?
>
> For me, sometimes it varies. Sometimes its on the bed with me. Sometimes
> she sleeps on the couch. She has access to the entire place, but sometimes
> choose not to share body heat w/ me.

Varies by season and their mood I guess. (2 Siamese/tabby males. 12 years old)

a) Bed (more so in winter to share warmth and the feather comforter)
b) Cat bed (just the right size for a "catball")
c) Office chair in the 3rd bedroom (especially after it has been pre-warmed)
d) In front of a heat duct in the living room

- Kurt

OWK
December 8th 03, 08:37 PM
Ablang > wrote in message >...
> Where does your cat sleep at night?
>
> For me, sometimes it varies. Sometimes its on the bed with me. Sometimes
> she sleeps on the couch. She has access to the entire place, but sometimes
> choose not to share body heat w/ me.

Varies by season and their mood I guess. (2 Siamese/tabby males. 12 years old)

a) Bed (more so in winter to share warmth and the feather comforter)
b) Cat bed (just the right size for a "catball")
c) Office chair in the 3rd bedroom (especially after it has been pre-warmed)
d) In front of a heat duct in the living room

- Kurt

dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers
December 8th 03, 08:53 PM
>Where does your cat sleep at night?

Anywhere it wants to is the simple answer - and the most accurate one!

Cheers, helen s

to get correct one remove dependency on fame & fortune
h*$el*$$e**nd***$o$ts***i*$*$m**m$$o*n**s@$*$a$$o* *l.c**$*$om$$

dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers
December 8th 03, 08:53 PM
>Where does your cat sleep at night?

Anywhere it wants to is the simple answer - and the most accurate one!

Cheers, helen s

to get correct one remove dependency on fame & fortune
h*$el*$$e**nd***$o$ts***i*$*$m**m$$o*n**s@$*$a$$o* *l.c**$*$om$$

Agua Girl
December 8th 03, 10:31 PM
Sasha sleeps wherever she wants to. She is, after all; a cat.

She typically starts out on the bed when I first go to bed.
It's a good time for scritches since I am a captive audience.
In the summer she will transfer to the tile in either the
bathroom or entry. In the cooler parts of the year she
may stay at the foot of the bed or may move to her
hammock in the office. Where I find her in the morning
depends on how early I get up. If I attempt to sleep in
I invariably wake up to her on my chest, nose to nose...
watching...waiting less than patiently for me to get up and
serve. Good help is so hard to find :-)

AG

"Ablang" > wrote in message
> Where does your cat sleep at night?
>
> For me, sometimes it varies. Sometimes its on the bed with me. Sometimes
> she sleeps on the couch. She has access to the entire place, but
sometimes
> choose not to share body heat w/ me.
>
> --
> My cat's job is to look pretty, smell good, sleep, eat, pee, & poop, in
> that order.

Agua Girl
December 8th 03, 10:34 PM
"Dawn" > wrote in message
om...
> Pounce sleeps on the couch or the chair (preference shown for where a
> blanket has been left or a pillow laying flat).

Hey..I named a foster kitty Pounce. Pounce de Lion to be exact.
He was a cool looking guy...looked like a chocolate point.

AG

Agua Girl
December 8th 03, 10:34 PM
"Dawn" > wrote in message
om...
> Pounce sleeps on the couch or the chair (preference shown for where a
> blanket has been left or a pillow laying flat).

Hey..I named a foster kitty Pounce. Pounce de Lion to be exact.
He was a cool looking guy...looked like a chocolate point.

AG

M.C. Mullen
December 9th 03, 10:18 AM
| > Where does your cat sleep at night?
|
| Pandora sleeps on the pillow, but she has to have a hand to lay on and
lick
| when she feels like it. Occasionally she'll bunch herself up under the
| pillow and lean on my shoulder to lick my face.
|
| Persephone likes to be under the covers or on the covers, but almost
always
| on the back of my knees so I can't move.
|
| Maddie (foster) sleeps on my chest or my back, just so long as it's
absurdly
| close to my face.
|
| Peaches (foster) sleeps nearby, within arm's reach, but the only time she
| wants to be -on- me is if I'm awake enough to pet her.

Erm...do you get any sleep at all, and what if you want to change your
position? Or have you given up on that one?

Carola

M.C. Mullen
December 9th 03, 10:18 AM
| > Where does your cat sleep at night?
|
| Pandora sleeps on the pillow, but she has to have a hand to lay on and
lick
| when she feels like it. Occasionally she'll bunch herself up under the
| pillow and lean on my shoulder to lick my face.
|
| Persephone likes to be under the covers or on the covers, but almost
always
| on the back of my knees so I can't move.
|
| Maddie (foster) sleeps on my chest or my back, just so long as it's
absurdly
| close to my face.
|
| Peaches (foster) sleeps nearby, within arm's reach, but the only time she
| wants to be -on- me is if I'm awake enough to pet her.

Erm...do you get any sleep at all, and what if you want to change your
position? Or have you given up on that one?

Carola

Kalyahna
December 11th 03, 01:35 AM
"M.C. Mullen" > wrote in message
> | > Where does your cat sleep at night?
> |
> | Pandora sleeps on the pillow, but she has to have a hand to lay on and
> lick
> | when she feels like it. Occasionally she'll bunch herself up under the
> | pillow and lean on my shoulder to lick my face.
> |
> | Persephone likes to be under the covers or on the covers, but almost
> always
> | on the back of my knees so I can't move.
> |
> | Maddie (foster) sleeps on my chest or my back, just so long as it's
> absurdly
> | close to my face.
> |
> | Peaches (foster) sleeps nearby, within arm's reach, but the only time
she
> | wants to be -on- me is if I'm awake enough to pet her.
>

> Erm...do you get any sleep at all, and what if you want to change your
> position? Or have you given up on that one?
>

> Carola

If I need to change my position, I just grab the comforter and give it a
good yank. That generally scatters them all just long enough for me to shift
around and fall half-asleep again. ;p

Kalyahna
December 11th 03, 01:35 AM
"M.C. Mullen" > wrote in message
> | > Where does your cat sleep at night?
> |
> | Pandora sleeps on the pillow, but she has to have a hand to lay on and
> lick
> | when she feels like it. Occasionally she'll bunch herself up under the
> | pillow and lean on my shoulder to lick my face.
> |
> | Persephone likes to be under the covers or on the covers, but almost
> always
> | on the back of my knees so I can't move.
> |
> | Maddie (foster) sleeps on my chest or my back, just so long as it's
> absurdly
> | close to my face.
> |
> | Peaches (foster) sleeps nearby, within arm's reach, but the only time
she
> | wants to be -on- me is if I'm awake enough to pet her.
>

> Erm...do you get any sleep at all, and what if you want to change your
> position? Or have you given up on that one?
>

> Carola

If I need to change my position, I just grab the comforter and give it a
good yank. That generally scatters them all just long enough for me to shift
around and fall half-asleep again. ;p

Susan
December 11th 03, 08:48 PM
SLEEP????? Who has cats that sleep at night? That's when they always choose
to be the most wound up of any other time! Seriously - they do sleep after
winding down..........on the windowsill cat hammock with one eye open
watching the flying squirrels in the bird feeder, on the bed with us and the
2 labradors part of the time and under our platform bed tho is the favorite
place.

Susan
December 11th 03, 08:48 PM
SLEEP????? Who has cats that sleep at night? That's when they always choose
to be the most wound up of any other time! Seriously - they do sleep after
winding down..........on the windowsill cat hammock with one eye open
watching the flying squirrels in the bird feeder, on the bed with us and the
2 labradors part of the time and under our platform bed tho is the favorite
place.

Mogie
December 12th 03, 11:10 PM
Some in bed with us, some on their couch, some in the recliners, some in the
kitty room in cat beds and others curled up in front of the wood stove.