PDA

View Full Version : Re: Lucky!!!

Brenda Watkins
August 15th 03, 09:31 PM
"Karen Chuplis" > wrote in message
> My nephew, his girlfriend and his mom were out playing pool last night.
> Driving home, he was hit by a speeding truck that was being chased by
> police!!!!! They were all OK, but his car is totaled. His new mustang that
> he waited months for while he was in Kuwait is completely irrepairable.
> However, they are enormously lucky, because if the timing had been
*seconds*
> different that truck would have plowed into the drivers DOOR!!!! He had an
> angel on his shoulder last night. He is broken hearted about the car of
> course. His very first. I know that in days to come he will be more
thankful
> that no one was really hurt (he *is* but you know how that feels when your
> very first car is maimed in any way let alone totaled). Mom said that the
> liscense plate they brought home is just *crumpled*. He has good insurance
> so they called right away. His GF is a very quiet person and I think
helped
> him a lot. Well, his mom won't be getting rides for a while (she's a real
> piece of work and a whole 'nother story. Suffice to say there is a reason
he
> lives with my mother.). Whew. Just had to tell everyone because I'm
busting
> with amazement and not a little tearage and panic at what might have been.
>
> Karen

oh my god. Tell him to forget about the car and to focus on how lucky he
is. My dad was killed in December 2001 when a truck crashed into his car.
I start to shake every time I hear about an accident - thank god your
nephew's accident didn't turn out to be a tragic one.

Brenda

Karen Chuplis
August 16th 03, 12:57 AM
in article ,
Brenda Watkins at wrote on 8/15/03 3:31 PM:

> "Karen Chuplis" > wrote in message
>> My nephew, his girlfriend and his mom were out playing pool last night.
>> Driving home, he was hit by a speeding truck that was being chased by
>> police!!!!! They were all OK, but his car is totaled. His new mustang that
>> he waited months for while he was in Kuwait is completely irrepairable.
>> However, they are enormously lucky, because if the timing had been
> *seconds*
>> different that truck would have plowed into the drivers DOOR!!!! He had an
>> angel on his shoulder last night. He is broken hearted about the car of
>> course. His very first. I know that in days to come he will be more
> thankful
>> that no one was really hurt (he *is* but you know how that feels when your
>> very first car is maimed in any way let alone totaled). Mom said that the
>> liscense plate they brought home is just *crumpled*. He has good insurance
>> so they called right away. His GF is a very quiet person and I think
> helped
>> him a lot. Well, his mom won't be getting rides for a while (she's a real
>> piece of work and a whole 'nother story. Suffice to say there is a reason
> he
>> lives with my mother.). Whew. Just had to tell everyone because I'm
> busting
>> with amazement and not a little tearage and panic at what might have been.
>>
>> Karen
>>
> oh my god. Tell him to forget about the car and to focus on how lucky he
> is. My dad was killed in December 2001 when a truck crashed into his car.
> I start to shake every time I hear about an accident - thank god your
> nephew's accident didn't turn out to be a tragic one.
>
> Brenda

that is terribly Brenda! I think he knows how lucky he was, but you know
youth. My condolences about your father.

Karen

Byron & Christine Burel
August 16th 03, 01:35 AM
Omg -- so very glad all escaped harm! Tell him we're purrs of comfort.
Christine
"Karen Chuplis" > wrote in message
> My nephew, his girlfriend and his mom were out playing pool last night.
> Driving home, he was hit by a speeding truck that was being chased by
> police!!!!! They were all OK, but his car is totaled. His new mustang that
> he waited months for while he was in Kuwait is completely irrepairable.
> However, they are enormously lucky, because if the timing had been
*seconds*
> different that truck would have plowed into the drivers DOOR!!!! He had an
> angel on his shoulder last night. He is broken hearted about the car of
> course. His very first. I know that in days to come he will be more
thankful
> that no one was really hurt (he *is* but you know how that feels when your
> very first car is maimed in any way let alone totaled). Mom said that the
> liscense plate they brought home is just *crumpled*. He has good insurance
> so they called right away. His GF is a very quiet person and I think
helped
> him a lot. Well, his mom won't be getting rides for a while (she's a real
> piece of work and a whole 'nother story. Suffice to say there is a reason
he
> lives with my mother.). Whew. Just had to tell everyone because I'm
busting
> with amazement and not a little tearage and panic at what might have been.
>
> Karen

Brenda Watkins
August 16th 03, 04:13 AM
"Karen Chuplis" > wrote in message
> in article ,
> Brenda Watkins at wrote on 8/15/03 3:31 PM:
>

> > "Karen Chuplis" > wrote in message
> >> My nephew, his girlfriend and his mom were out playing pool last night.
> >> Driving home, he was hit by a speeding truck that was being chased by
> >> police!!!!! They were all OK, but his car is totaled. His new mustang
that
> >> he waited months for while he was in Kuwait is completely irrepairable.
> >> However, they are enormously lucky, because if the timing had been
> > *seconds*
> >> different that truck would have plowed into the drivers DOOR!!!! He had
an
> >> angel on his shoulder last night. He is broken hearted about the car of
> >> course. His very first. I know that in days to come he will be more
> > thankful
> >> that no one was really hurt (he *is* but you know how that feels when
your
> >> very first car is maimed in any way let alone totaled). Mom said that
the
> >> liscense plate they brought home is just *crumpled*. He has good
insurance
> >> so they called right away. His GF is a very quiet person and I think
> > helped
> >> him a lot. Well, his mom won't be getting rides for a while (she's a
real
> >> piece of work and a whole 'nother story. Suffice to say there is a
reason
> > he
> >> lives with my mother.). Whew. Just had to tell everyone because I'm
> > busting
> >> with amazement and not a little tearage and panic at what might have
been.

> >> Karen
> >>
> > oh my god. Tell him to forget about the car and to focus on how lucky
he
> > is. My dad was killed in December 2001 when a truck crashed into his
car.
> > I start to shake every time I hear about an accident - thank god your
> > nephew's accident didn't turn out to be a tragic one.
> >
> > Brenda
> >

> that is terribly Brenda! I think he knows how lucky he was, but you know
> youth. My condolences about your father.
>
> Karen

thanks, Karen.
Brenda

Lois Reay
August 16th 03, 05:05 AM
"Karen Chuplis" > wrote in message
> My nephew, his girlfriend and his mom were out playing pool last night.
> Driving home, he was hit by a speeding truck that was being chased by
> police!!!!! They were all OK, but his car is totaled. His new mustang that
> he waited months for while he was in Kuwait is completely irrepairable.
> However, they are enormously lucky, because if the timing had been
*seconds*
> different that truck would have plowed into the drivers DOOR!!!! He had an
> angel on his shoulder last night. He is broken hearted about the car of
> course. His very first. I know that in days to come he will be more
thankful
> that no one was really hurt (he *is* but you know how that feels when your
> very first car is maimed in any way let alone totaled). Mom said that the
> liscense plate they brought home is just *crumpled*. He has good insurance
> so they called right away. His GF is a very quiet person and I think
helped
> him a lot. Well, his mom won't be getting rides for a while (she's a real
> piece of work and a whole 'nother story. Suffice to say there is a reason
he
> lives with my mother.). Whew. Just had to tell everyone because I'm
busting
> with amazement and not a little tearage and panic at what might have been.
>
> Karen

Our lucky can you get?? - They should all buy a lotto ticket!!!

Lois

MaryL
August 16th 03, 07:19 AM
"Karen Chuplis" > wrote in message
> My nephew, his girlfriend and his mom were out playing pool last night.
> Driving home, he was hit by a speeding truck that was being chased by
> police!!!!! They were all OK, but his car is totaled.
>
> Karen

Wow, your nephew and his passengers really are lucky. It is not unusual to
read about people who have been killed in that type of collision. I know it
is painful to lose his car, but at least that can be replaced. His life (or
health) couldn't be. What a blessing!

MaryL

polonca12000
August 16th 03, 02:43 PM
So glad nobody got hurt.
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Karen Chuplis" > wrote in message
> My nephew, his girlfriend and his mom were out playing pool last night.
> Driving home, he was hit by a speeding truck that was being chased by
> police!!!!! They were all OK, but his car is totaled. <snip>

Yowie
August 17th 03, 03:51 AM
"Karen Chuplis" > wrote in message
> My nephew, his girlfriend and his mom were out playing pool last night.
> Driving home, he was hit by a speeding truck that was being chased by
> police!!!!! They were all OK, but his car is totaled. His new mustang that
> he waited months for while he was in Kuwait is completely irrepairable.
> However, they are enormously lucky, because if the timing had been
*seconds*
> different that truck would have plowed into the drivers DOOR!!!! He had an
> angel on his shoulder last night. He is broken hearted about the car of
> course. His very first. I know that in days to come he will be more
thankful
> that no one was really hurt (he *is* but you know how that feels when your
> very first car is maimed in any way let alone totaled). Mom said that the
> liscense plate they brought home is just *crumpled*. He has good insurance
> so they called right away. His GF is a very quiet person and I think
helped
> him a lot. Well, his mom won't be getting rides for a while (she's a real
> piece of work and a whole 'nother story. Suffice to say there is a reason
he
> lives with my mother.). Whew. Just had to tell everyone because I'm
busting
> with amazement and not a little tearage and panic at what might have been.

Calming and soothingpurrs to you and the rest of your family. Bum about the
car, too, but thank goodness they are all ok. Depending on your religous
persuausion, is there any way you can say "thanks" to The Powers That Be for
this miracle?

I'll be lighting a candle in thanks for the amazing luck that your Nephew,
his girlfriend and his Mom had.

Yowie

LOL
August 17th 03, 08:17 AM
"Yowie" > wrote in message >...
> "Karen Chuplis" > wrote in message
> > My nephew, his girlfriend and his mom were out playing pool last night.
> > Driving home, he was hit by a speeding truck that was being chased by
> > police!!!!! They were all OK, but his car is totaled. His new mustang that
> > he waited months for while he was in Kuwait is completely irrepairable.
> > However, they are enormously lucky, because if the timing had been
> *seconds*
> > different that truck would have plowed into the drivers DOOR!!!! He had an
> > angel on his shoulder last night. He is broken hearted about the car of
> > course. His very first. I know that in days to come he will be more
> thankful
> > that no one was really hurt (he *is* but you know how that feels when your
> > very first car is maimed in any way let alone totaled). Mom said that the
> > liscense plate they brought home is just *crumpled*. He has good insurance
> > so they called right away. His GF is a very quiet person and I think
> helped
> > him a lot. Well, his mom won't be getting rides for a while (she's a real
> > piece of work and a whole 'nother story. Suffice to say there is a reason
> he
> > lives with my mother.). Whew. Just had to tell everyone because I'm
> busting
> > with amazement and not a little tearage and panic at what might have been.
>
> Calming and soothingpurrs to you and the rest of your family. Bum about the
> car, too, but thank goodness they are all ok. Depending on your religous
> persuausion, is there any way you can say "thanks" to The Powers That Be for
> this miracle?
>
> I'll be lighting a candle in thanks for the amazing luck that your Nephew,
> his girlfriend and his Mom had.
>
> Yowie

(Piggybacking as I seem to have missed the original post)

Wow, Karen, that's a miracle. I know he's bummed about the car, but
that is *not* looking on the bright side. It's too bad you guys are
so far away from where I live, or I'd be tempted to ask if I could
come rub his head for luck. :-P

------
Krista

m. L. Briggs
August 17th 03, 05:12 PM
On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 18:57:39 -0500, Karen Chuplis
> wrote:

>in article ,
>Brenda Watkins at wrote on 8/15/03 3:31 PM:
>

>> "Karen Chuplis" > wrote in message
>>> My nephew, his girlfriend and his mom were out playing pool last night.
>>> Driving home, he was hit by a speeding truck that was being chased by
>>> police!!!!! They were all OK, but his car is totaled. His new mustang that
>>> he waited months for while he was in Kuwait is completely irrepairable.
>>> However, they are enormously lucky, because if the timing had been
>> *seconds*
>>> different that truck would have plowed into the drivers DOOR!!!! He had an
>>> angel on his shoulder last night. He is broken hearted about the car of
>>> course. His very first. I know that in days to come he will be more
>> thankful
>>> that no one was really hurt (he *is* but you know how that feels when your
>>> very first car is maimed in any way let alone totaled). Mom said that the
>>> liscense plate they brought home is just *crumpled*. He has good insurance
>>> so they called right away. His GF is a very quiet person and I think
>> helped
>>> him a lot. Well, his mom won't be getting rides for a while (she's a real
>>> piece of work and a whole 'nother story. Suffice to say there is a reason
>> he
>>> lives with my mother.). Whew. Just had to tell everyone because I'm
>> busting
>>> with amazement and not a little tearage and panic at what might have been.
>>>
>>> Karen
>>>
>> oh my god. Tell him to forget about the car and to focus on how lucky he
>> is. My dad was killed in December 2001 when a truck crashed into his car.
>> I start to shake every time I hear about an accident - thank god your
>> nephew's accident didn't turn out to be a tragic one.
>>
>> Brenda
>>

>that is terribly Brenda! I think he knows how lucky he was, but you know
>youth. My condolences about your father.
>
>Karen

I missed original post too. My best wishes to everyone. Cars can be
replaced, I am so glad no one was seriously injured. MLB