PDA

View Full Version : Re: toilet paper 2

Byron & Christine Burel
August 16th 03, 01:37 AM
"John Biltz" > wrote in message
thlink.net...
> I had to go out and get a hair cut and some groceries. Arriving back I
> notice the guest bath door is mostly closed. Since the cats seem to
> treat any closed door as an insult and attempt to hide the good stuff
> from them I keep all the doors open. There was Bruiser panting on the
> floor with half a roll of toilet paper on the floor and a good portion of
> it clamped between his paws grinning his I'm tired because I had so much
> fun grin between pants. He was caught white handed. Bits of it he had
> shredded were stuck in his tail as well. He had dragged a good length of
> it behind the door probably at a run and no doubt impacted on the back of
> the door closing it. He was outraged when I picked it up and tried to
> get it back. The roll was facing so it should have rolled up. I don't
> know how he did it.

Any pictures in the offing of this -- sounds really cute!
Christine

John Biltz
August 16th 03, 01:55 AM
On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 17:37:43 -0700, Byron & Christine Burel wrote
(in message >):

> "John Biltz" > wrote in message
> thlink.net...
>> I had to go out and get a hair cut and some groceries. Arriving back I
>> notice the guest bath door is mostly closed. Since the cats seem to
>> treat any closed door as an insult and attempt to hide the good stuff
>> from them I keep all the doors open. There was Bruiser panting on the
>> floor with half a roll of toilet paper on the floor and a good portion of
>> it clamped between his paws grinning his I'm tired because I had so much
>> fun grin between pants. He was caught white handed. Bits of it he had
>> shredded were stuck in his tail as well. He had dragged a good length of
>> it behind the door probably at a run and no doubt impacted on the back of
>> the door closing it. He was outraged when I picked it up and tried to
>> get it back. The roll was facing so it should have rolled up. I don't
>> know how he did it.
>>

> Any pictures in the offing of this -- sounds really cute!
> Christine

Taking a picture of him was the last thought on my mind at the time.

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)
August 16th 03, 03:44 AM
John Biltz wrote:

> I had to go out and get a hair cut and some groceries. Arriving back I
> notice the guest bath door is mostly closed. Since the cats seem to
> treat any closed door as an insult and attempt to hide the good stuff
> from them I keep all the doors open. There was Bruiser panting on the
> floor with half a roll of toilet paper on the floor and a good portion of
> it clamped between his paws grinning his I'm tired because I had so much
> fun grin between pants. He was caught white handed. Bits of it he had
> shredded were stuck in his tail as well. He had dragged a good length of
> it behind the door probably at a run and no doubt impacted on the back of
> the door closing it. He was outraged when I picked it up and tried to
> get it back. The roll was facing so it should have rolled up. I don't
> know how he did it.

I've seen a gadget called a "foiler" in catalogs - it's designed to
prevent feline attentions while allowing humans to use the tissue for
its intended purpose. Anyone know whether it works?

Jill McQuown
August 16th 03, 10:18 PM
John Biltz wrote:
> He was caught white handed.
(snip)

Hiliarious! I'm grateful Persia takes no notice of things like the toilet
paper. She does like Q-tips and I have to keep them away from her.

Jill

Hopitus2
August 17th 03, 12:55 AM
LOL! There are so many chameleons with death wishes sneaking into the place
(no doubt seeking relief from the awful tropical heat outside) these "dog
days"of August that all 3 of the beloveds here have a never-ending source of
amusement at their paw-tips 24/7! They have no need to seek inanimate prey
such as t.p. or q-tips......no fun there....but the only complaint I have is
that once in awhile the clumsy BT Rowdy knocks over a floor lamp (last
night) or pulls a drape down (today) -he *does* weigh 19# - in his
one-eye-sighted frenzy to capture his prize! But who can deny him his fun?
Not us.

"bewtifulfreak" > wrote in message
: Jill McQuown wrote:
: > John Biltz wrote:
: >> He was caught white handed.
: > (snip)
: >
: > Hiliarious! I'm grateful Persia takes no notice of things like the
: > toilet paper. She does like Q-tips and I have to keep them away from
: > her.
:
: Greebo likes Q-tips (cotton buds), too, I have to watch him as well!
:
: Ann
:
: --
:
: http://www.angelfire.com/ca/bewtifulfreak
:
:
:
:
:

bewtifulfreak
August 17th 03, 04:09 AM
Hopitus2 wrote:
> LOL! There are so many chameleons with death wishes sneaking into the
> place (no doubt seeking relief from the awful tropical heat outside)
> these "dog days"of August that all 3 of the beloveds here have a
> never-ending source of amusement at their paw-tips 24/7! They have no
> need to seek inanimate prey such as t.p. or q-tips......no fun
> there....

That's true....Geeps does much prefer moths to Q-tips, I must admit! He's
actually quite the hunter, but, much as I appreciate the fact that he was
honoring me with his loving tributes, I got a bit weary of receiving his
dead and dying presents on almost a daily basis, so he has a little
anti-hunting collar now. :)

but the only complaint I have is that once in awhile the
> clumsy BT Rowdy knocks over a floor lamp (last night) or pulls a
> drape down (today) -he *does* weigh 19# - in his one-eye-sighted
> frenzy to capture his prize! But who can deny him his fun? Not us.

LOL, bless 'im! I know what you mean, though....Greebo was once playing
with a disembowled sparrow in the bathroom, and I didn't have the heart to
take it off him for a few minutes, because he was having so much fun with
it. But as it was the middle of the night, and I was going back to bed, I
didn't want to leave it too long, as I had unpleasant visions of not seeing
where he'd left it and stepping in dead sparrow when I got up that I did
*not* want to become a reality!

Ann

--

http://www.angelfire.com/ca/bewtifulfreak