PDA

View Full Version : Marlo licking off her hair

dgk
May 11th 16, 02:55 AM
I noticed Marlo was grooming a lot. She's pretty fat and has a lot of
places to groom, but I noticed that her belly was looking pretty pink,
as in not much hair. And the inside of her back legs are looking bare.
Obviously we need a trip to the vet.

Joy[_3_]
May 11th 16, 07:19 AM
On 5/10/2016 6:55 PM, dgk wrote:
> I noticed Marlo was grooming a lot. She's pretty fat and has a lot of
> places to groom, but I noticed that her belly was looking pretty pink,
> as in not much hair. And the inside of her back legs are looking bare.
> Obviously we need a trip to the vet.

I hope it turns out to be not too serious.

jmcquown[_2_]
May 12th 16, 11:39 PM
On 5/10/2016 9:55 PM, dgk wrote:
> I noticed Marlo was grooming a lot. She's pretty fat and has a lot of
> places to groom, but I noticed that her belly was looking pretty pink,
> as in not much hair. And the inside of her back legs are looking bare.
> Obviously we need a trip to the vet.

Purrs for it to be something simple. Sounds like it might be an allergy
but hey, I'm not a vet.

Jill

dgk
May 14th 16, 03:07 AM
On Fri, 13 May 2016 12:24:19 +0100, Judith Latham
> wrote:

>In article >,
> dgk > wrote:
>> I noticed Marlo was grooming a lot. She's pretty fat and has a lot of
>> places to groom, but I noticed that her belly was looking pretty pink,
>> as in not much hair. And the inside of her back legs are looking bare.
>> Obviously we need a trip to the vet.
>
>Purrs for it to be something simple to sort.
>
>Judith

From what I read it's allergy or stress. She's attacking Baby
sometimes and I do make her stop that. But I'm leaning toward allergy.
We haven't made it to the vet yet but I'm hoping for early next week.

jmcquown[_2_]
May 14th 16, 01:14 PM
On 5/13/2016 10:07 PM, dgk wrote:
> On Fri, 13 May 2016 12:24:19 +0100, Judith Latham
> > wrote:
>
>> In article >,
>> dgk > wrote:
>>> I noticed Marlo was grooming a lot. She's pretty fat and has a lot of
>>> places to groom, but I noticed that her belly was looking pretty pink,
>>> as in not much hair. And the inside of her back legs are looking bare.
>>> Obviously we need a trip to the vet.
>>
>> Purrs for it to be something simple to sort.
>>
>> Judith
>
> From what I read it's allergy or stress. She's attacking Baby
> sometimes and I do make her stop that. But I'm leaning toward allergy.
> We haven't made it to the vet yet but I'm hoping for early next week.

I'd lean toward an allergy too, but only because I noticed the same
behavior in Persia (RB) when she was allergic to a specific medication.
I've got a picture of her somewhere after the vet sent her home in an
e-collar so she wouldn't keep licking. That was one of the funniest
things I've ever seen. Trust me when I say cats do not like having a
cone around their head! LOL

Jill