PDA

View Full Version : Larry the Cat remains at No. 10 Downing Street

MaryL[_2_]
July 12th 16, 04:01 PM
Britain’s new Prime Minister, Theresa May, is moving into her official
residence at No. 10 Downing Street today as Prime Minister David Cameron
moves out. However, Larry the Cat is considered to be a government
worker and will remain at the residence. A Cabinet spokesman said that
"Larry is staying. He's very much the Downing Street cat, not the
Camerons' personal cat." The tradition of Downing Street cats dates
back to the 1800s.
http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/brexit-referendum/britain-gets-new-pm-larry-downing-street-cat-stays-n607646

MaryL

Jeßus[_6_]
July 12th 16, 11:20 PM
On Tue, 12 Jul 2016 10:01:06 -0500, MaryL
> wrote:

>Britain’s new Prime Minister, Theresa May, is moving into her official
>residence at No. 10 Downing Street today as Prime Minister David Cameron
>moves out. However, Larry the Cat is considered to be a government
>worker and will remain at the residence. A Cabinet spokesman said that
>"Larry is staying. He's very much the Downing Street cat, not the
>Camerons' personal cat." The tradition of Downing Street cats dates
>back to the 1800s.
>http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/brexit-referendum/britain-gets-new-pm-larry-downing-street-cat-stays-n607646

I don't know why they didn't make Larry the new PM. He certainly
couldn't be any worse than the humans who've tried the job before him!

JJ[_2_]
July 13th 16, 12:59 AM
On 7/12/2016 6:20 PM, Je�us wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Jul 2016 10:01:06 -0500, MaryL
> > wrote:
>
>> Britain’s new Prime Minister, Theresa May, is moving into her official
>> residence at No. 10 Downing Street today as Prime Minister David Cameron
>> moves out. However, Larry the Cat is considered to be a government
>> worker and will remain at the residence. A Cabinet spokesman said that
>> "Larry is staying. He's very much the Downing Street cat, not the
>> Camerons' personal cat." The tradition of Downing Street cats dates
>> back to the 1800s.
>> http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/brexit-referendum/britain-gets-new-pm-larry-downing-street-cat-stays-n607646
>
> I don't know why they didn't make Larry the new PM. He certainly
> couldn't be any worse than the humans who've tried the job before him!

I think they asked him, but he said NO. Much easier dealing with mice
than with humans.

Jeßus[_6_]
July 13th 16, 01:57 AM
On Tue, 12 Jul 2016 19:59:00 -0400, JJ > wrote:

>On 7/12/2016 6:20 PM, Je?us wrote:
>> On Tue, 12 Jul 2016 10:01:06 -0500, MaryL
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> Britain’s new Prime Minister, Theresa May, is moving into her official
>>> residence at No. 10 Downing Street today as Prime Minister David Cameron
>>> moves out. However, Larry the Cat is considered to be a government
>>> worker and will remain at the residence. A Cabinet spokesman said that
>>> "Larry is staying. He's very much the Downing Street cat, not the
>>> Camerons' personal cat." The tradition of Downing Street cats dates
>>> back to the 1800s.
>>> http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/brexit-referendum/britain-gets-new-pm-larry-downing-street-cat-stays-n607646
>>
>> I don't know why they didn't make Larry the new PM. He certainly
>> couldn't be any worse than the humans who've tried the job before him!
>>

>I think they asked him, but he said NO. Much easier dealing with mice
>than with humans.

Larry is a very wise fellow :-)