PDA

View Full Version : Red dot junkie

Joy[_3_]
September 2nd 16, 07:55 PM
I've created a red dot junkie! I was buying some things at the Dollar
Tree the other day. While I was standing in the checkout line, I
noticed some little laser pointers. I used to have one years ago, and
one of my RB cats was crazy about it, so I bought one to see how my
current cats would react.

Pickles isn't at all interested, but Koala went crazy over it. It
didn't take him long at all to figure out that I had something to do
with it, so now he pesters me constantly to show him the red dot.
Sometimes he'll race up and down the hallway chasing it. Other times he
stays pretty much in one spot and makes occasional jumps at it as it
comes close. Sometimes he'll chase it around in circles.

He used to pester me for his canned food in the evening. Now he pesters
for the red dot instead.

Joy

MaryL[_2_]
September 2nd 16, 08:31 PM
On 9/2/2016 1:55 PM, Joy wrote:
> I've created a red dot junkie! I was buying some things at the Dollar
> Tree the other day. While I was standing in the checkout line, I
> noticed some little laser pointers. I used to have one years ago, and
> one of my RB cats was crazy about it, so I bought one to see how my
> current cats would react.
>
> Pickles isn't at all interested, but Koala went crazy over it. It
> didn't take him long at all to figure out that I had something to do
> with it, so now he pesters me constantly to show him the red dot.
> Sometimes he'll race up and down the hallway chasing it. Other times he
> stays pretty much in one spot and makes occasional jumps at it as it
> comes close. Sometimes he'll chase it around in circles.
>
> He used to pester me for his canned food in the evening. Now he pesters
> for the red dot instead.
>
> Joy

That sounds like Selina. She loves the red dot and will follow it
everywhere. She even becomes alert if she sees my hand get close to the
place in the drawer where the laser pointer is stored.

MaryL

jmcquown[_2_]
September 2nd 16, 09:08 PM
On 9/2/2016 2:55 PM, Joy wrote:
> I've created a red dot junkie! I was buying some things at the Dollar
> Tree the other day. While I was standing in the checkout line, I
> noticed some little laser pointers. I used to have one years ago, and
> one of my RB cats was crazy about it, so I bought one to see how my
> current cats would react.
>
> Pickles isn't at all interested, but Koala went crazy over it. It
> didn't take him long at all to figure out that I had something to do
> with it, so now he pesters me constantly to show him the red dot.
> Sometimes he'll race up and down the hallway chasing it. Other times he
> stays pretty much in one spot and makes occasional jumps at it as it
> comes close. Sometimes he'll chase it around in circles.
>
> He used to pester me for his canned food in the evening. Now he pesters
> for the red dot instead.
>
> Joy

Persia used to love the red dot! Buffy couldn't care less. I sent my
laser toy to a friend.

I'm glad you found something to wear Koala out with! :)

Jill

Joy[_3_]
September 3rd 16, 07:12 PM
On 9/3/2016 8:08 AM, Judith Latham wrote:
> In article >,
> Joy > wrote:
>> I've created a red dot junkie! I was buying some things at the Dollar
>> Tree the other day. While I was standing in the checkout line, I
>> noticed some little laser pointers. I used to have one years ago, and
>> one of my RB cats was crazy about it, so I bought one to see how my
>> current cats would react.
>
>> Pickles isn't at all interested, but Koala went crazy over it. It
>> didn't take him long at all to figure out that I had something to do
>> with it, so now he pesters me constantly to show him the red dot.
>> Sometimes he'll race up and down the hallway chasing it. Other times he
>> stays pretty much in one spot and makes occasional jumps at it as it
>> comes close. Sometimes he'll chase it around in circles.
>
>> He used to pester me for his canned food in the evening. Now he pesters
>> for the red dot instead.
>
>> Joy
>
> It's really funny to watch them chasing the dot but there not being
> anything there when they catch it.
>
> Judith

Yes it is. Sometimes he just sits and watches it, but if it lands on
his tail or his paw, he has to jump for it. Even if all he does is
watch it, he still pesters me to shine it.

Jeßus[_5_]
September 4th 16, 04:56 AM
On Fri, 2 Sep 2016 11:55:17 -0700, Joy >
wrote:

>I've created a red dot junkie! I was buying some things at the Dollar
>Tree the other day. While I was standing in the checkout line, I
>noticed some little laser pointers. I used to have one years ago, and
>one of my RB cats was crazy about it, so I bought one to see how my
>current cats would react.
>
>Pickles isn't at all interested, but Koala went crazy over it. It
>didn't take him long at all to figure out that I had something to do
>with it, so now he pesters me constantly to show him the red dot.
>Sometimes he'll race up and down the hallway chasing it. Other times he
>stays pretty much in one spot and makes occasional jumps at it as it
>comes close. Sometimes he'll chase it around in circles.
>
>He used to pester me for his canned food in the evening. Now he pesters
>for the red dot instead.

:)

Some cats seem to *love* laser pointers. My Lucy certainly does, I
bought a laser sight for one of rifles and before fitting it, tried it
out on Lucy. It was me who gave up on running the red dot across the
floor, Lucy never seemed to tire of it.

Joy[_3_]
September 4th 16, 06:16 AM
On 9/3/2016 8:56 PM, Je�us wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Sep 2016 11:55:17 -0700, Joy >
> wrote:
>
>> I've created a red dot junkie! I was buying some things at the Dollar
>> Tree the other day. While I was standing in the checkout line, I
>> noticed some little laser pointers. I used to have one years ago, and
>> one of my RB cats was crazy about it, so I bought one to see how my
>> current cats would react.
>>
>> Pickles isn't at all interested, but Koala went crazy over it. It
>> didn't take him long at all to figure out that I had something to do
>> with it, so now he pesters me constantly to show him the red dot.
>> Sometimes he'll race up and down the hallway chasing it. Other times he
>> stays pretty much in one spot and makes occasional jumps at it as it
>> comes close. Sometimes he'll chase it around in circles.
>>
>> He used to pester me for his canned food in the evening. Now he pesters
>> for the red dot instead.
>
> :)
>
> Some cats seem to *love* laser pointers. My Lucy certainly does, I
> bought a laser sight for one of rifles and before fitting it, tried it
> out on Lucy. It was me who gave up on running the red dot across the
> floor, Lucy never seemed to tire of it.

Yes, its' funny how some of them love the pointers and others aren't at
all interested. Pickles shows no interest at all, but Koala pesters me
for it every time I get up, and especially if I walk through the
hallway. He also recognizes the device that makes the red dot.
Sometimes he'll show it to me if he things I don't know what he wants.

Matt Ferrari[_3_]
September 5th 16, 10:18 AM
"Joy" > wrote in message
> On 9/3/2016 8:56 PM, Je?us wrote:
>> On Fri, 2 Sep 2016 11:55:17 -0700, Joy >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I've created a red dot junkie! I was buying some things at the Dollar
>>> Tree the other day. While I was standing in the checkout line, I
>>> noticed some little laser pointers. I used to have one years ago, and
>>> one of my RB cats was crazy about it, so I bought one to see how my
>>> current cats would react.
>>>
>>> Pickles isn't at all interested, but Koala went crazy over it. It
>>> didn't take him long at all to figure out that I had something to do
>>> with it, so now he pesters me constantly to show him the red dot.
>>> Sometimes he'll race up and down the hallway chasing it. Other times he
>>> stays pretty much in one spot and makes occasional jumps at it as it
>>> comes close. Sometimes he'll chase it around in circles.
>>>
>>> He used to pester me for his canned food in the evening. Now he pesters
>>> for the red dot instead.
>>
>> :)
>>
>> Some cats seem to *love* laser pointers. My Lucy certainly does, I
>> bought a laser sight for one of rifles and before fitting it, tried it
>> out on Lucy. It was me who gave up on running the red dot across the
>> floor, Lucy never seemed to tire of it.
>>

> Yes, its' funny how some of them love the pointers and others aren't at
> all interested. Pickles shows no interest at all, but Koala pesters me
> for it every time I get up, and especially if I walk through the hallway.
> He also recognizes the device that makes the red dot. Sometimes he'll show
> it to me if he things I don't know what he wants.

yodel goes nuts for it, he too knows where it comes from and will jump up on
the recliner when he thinks its play time.

Tigger[_2_]
September 6th 16, 03:51 AM
Joy wrote:

> He also recognizes the device that makes the red dot. Sometimes he'll show
> it to me if he things I don't know what he wants.

Mine learned to recognize it too. If I pick it up, he straightways starts
looking around the floor. So does my dog.

Jeßus[_5_]
September 7th 16, 01:17 AM
On Sat, 3 Sep 2016 22:16:42 -0700, Joy >
wrote:

>On 9/3/2016 8:56 PM, Je?us wrote:
>> On Fri, 2 Sep 2016 11:55:17 -0700, Joy >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I've created a red dot junkie! I was buying some things at the Dollar
>>> Tree the other day. While I was standing in the checkout line, I
>>> noticed some little laser pointers. I used to have one years ago, and
>>> one of my RB cats was crazy about it, so I bought one to see how my
>>> current cats would react.
>>>
>>> Pickles isn't at all interested, but Koala went crazy over it. It
>>> didn't take him long at all to figure out that I had something to do
>>> with it, so now he pesters me constantly to show him the red dot.
>>> Sometimes he'll race up and down the hallway chasing it. Other times he
>>> stays pretty much in one spot and makes occasional jumps at it as it
>>> comes close. Sometimes he'll chase it around in circles.
>>>
>>> He used to pester me for his canned food in the evening. Now he pesters
>>> for the red dot instead.
>>
>> :)
>>
>> Some cats seem to *love* laser pointers. My Lucy certainly does, I
>> bought a laser sight for one of rifles and before fitting it, tried it
>> out on Lucy. It was me who gave up on running the red dot across the
>> floor, Lucy never seemed to tire of it.
>>

>Yes, its' funny how some of them love the pointers and others aren't at
>all interested. Pickles shows no interest at all, but Koala pesters me
>for it every time I get up, and especially if I walk through the
>hallway. He also recognizes the device that makes the red dot.
>Sometimes he'll show it to me if he things I don't know what he wants.

He he :) I might get my laser pointer out again later today to give
Lucy something different to focus on.

Bastette
September 9th 16, 02:21 AM
Joy wrote:

> On 9/3/2016 8:56 PM, Je?us wrote:
>> On Fri, 2 Sep 2016 11:55:17 -0700, Joy >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I've created a red dot junkie! I was buying some things at the Dollar
>>> Tree the other day. While I was standing in the checkout line, I
>>> noticed some little laser pointers. I used to have one years ago, and
>>> one of my RB cats was crazy about it, so I bought one to see how my
>>> current cats would react.
>>>
>>> Pickles isn't at all interested, but Koala went crazy over it. It
>>> didn't take him long at all to figure out that I had something to do
>>> with it, so now he pesters me constantly to show him the red dot.
>>> Sometimes he'll race up and down the hallway chasing it. Other times he
>>> stays pretty much in one spot and makes occasional jumps at it as it
>>> comes close. Sometimes he'll chase it around in circles.
>>>
>>> He used to pester me for his canned food in the evening. Now he pesters
>>> for the red dot instead.
>>
>> :)
>>
>> Some cats seem to *love* laser pointers. My Lucy certainly does, I
>> bought a laser sight for one of rifles and before fitting it, tried it
>> out on Lucy. It was me who gave up on running the red dot across the
>> floor, Lucy never seemed to tire of it.
>>

> Yes, its' funny how some of them love the pointers and others aren't at
> all interested. Pickles shows no interest at all, but Koala pesters me
> for it every time I get up, and especially if I walk through the
> hallway. He also recognizes the device that makes the red dot.

> Sometimes he'll show it to me if he things I don't know what he wants.

That's adorable! This has happened in my place a couple of times: I wake
up in the dead of night to Licky singing the song of his people, which he
performs at top volume. I turn on the light, in case something's wrong,
to find him sitting on the floor looking up at me, with one of his toys
placed on the floor in front of him. How can I get mad at that?? However,
I absolutely do not take him up on his invitation to play. Don't want him
getting the idea that that behavior will get him something he wants!

Koala seems a lot less annoying in his pursuit of games.

Licky has another game now, which I invented: stalk, pounce on, kill,
and eat the crunchy treat. I throw them for him and he goes nuts trying
to stop it from bouncing away, by stepping on it with his paw. Fortunately,
this game is fun and cute and not annoying.

Joyce

--
audiophile, n:
Someone who listens to the equipment instead of the music.

Joy[_3_]
September 9th 16, 07:23 AM
On 9/8/2016 6:21 PM, Bastette wrote:
> Joy wrote:
>
> > On 9/3/2016 8:56 PM, Je?us wrote:

> >> :)
> >>
> >> Some cats seem to *love* laser pointers. My Lucy certainly does, I
> >> bought a laser sight for one of rifles and before fitting it, tried it
> >> out on Lucy. It was me who gave up on running the red dot across the
> >> floor, Lucy never seemed to tire of it.
> >>

> > Yes, its' funny how some of them love the pointers and others aren't at
> > all interested. Pickles shows no interest at all, but Koala pesters me
> > for it every time I get up, and especially if I walk through the
> > hallway. He also recognizes the device that makes the red dot.
>
> > Sometimes he'll show it to me if he things I don't know what he wants.
>
> That's adorable! This has happened in my place a couple of times: I wake
> up in the dead of night to Licky singing the song of his people, which he
> performs at top volume. I turn on the light, in case something's wrong,
> to find him sitting on the floor looking up at me, with one of his toys
> placed on the floor in front of him. How can I get mad at that?? However,
> I absolutely do not take him up on his invitation to play. Don't want him
> getting the idea that that behavior will get him something he wants!
>
> Koala seems a lot less annoying in his pursuit of games.
>
> Licky has another game now, which I invented: stalk, pounce on, kill,
> and eat the crunchy treat. I throw them for him and he goes nuts trying
> to stop it from bouncing away, by stepping on it with his paw. Fortunately,
> this game is fun and cute and not annoying.
>
> Joyce

That does sound fun and cute.

This afternoon I had physical therapy for a stiff neck. On the way
home, I had a flat tire. That made me much later than usual in getting
home. When I walked in the door, Koala practically screamed "MEOW!" He
wouldn't quit until he saw the red dot. Sometimes when he wants it I
have other things to do. If I'm walking from one room to another, he'll
walk in front of me, meowing all the way. I'm afraid that one of these
days I'm going to trip over him.

Joy

Will in New Haven[_2_]
September 9th 16, 03:57 PM
On Friday, September 9, 2016 at 2:23:36 AM UTC-4, Joy wrote:
> On 9/8/2016 6:21 PM, Bastette wrote:
> > Joy wrote:

> > > Yes, its' funny how some of them love the pointers and others aren't at
> > > all interested. Pickles shows no interest at all, but Koala pesters me
> > > for it every time I get up, and especially if I walk through the
> > > hallway. He also recognizes the device that makes the red dot.
> >
> > > Sometimes he'll show it to me if he things I don't know what he wants.
> >
> > That's adorable! This has happened in my place a couple of times: I wake
> > up in the dead of night to Licky singing the song of his people, which he
> > performs at top volume. I turn on the light, in case something's wrong,
> > to find him sitting on the floor looking up at me, with one of his toys
> > placed on the floor in front of him. How can I get mad at that?? However,
> > I absolutely do not take him up on his invitation to play. Don't want him
> > getting the idea that that behavior will get him something he wants!
> >
> > Koala seems a lot less annoying in his pursuit of games.
> >
> > Licky has another game now, which I invented: stalk, pounce on, kill,
> > and eat the crunchy treat. I throw them for him and he goes nuts trying
> > to stop it from bouncing away, by stepping on it with his paw. Fortunately,
> > this game is fun and cute and not annoying.
> >
> > Joyce
>
> That does sound fun and cute.
>
> This afternoon I had physical therapy for a stiff neck. On the way
> home, I had a flat tire. That made me much later than usual in getting
> home. When I walked in the door, Koala practically screamed "MEOW!" He
> wouldn't quit until he saw the red dot. Sometimes when he wants it I
> have other things to do. If I'm walking from one room to another, he'll
> walk in front of me, meowing all the way. I'm afraid that one of these
> days I'm going to trip over him.

Feather never cared for the red dot after he "caught" it once and couldn't eat it. WooToo loved it. It became the first thing I tried if I had changed her water dish and her food bowl was full and she was still giving the "command beep." SqueakyToy ignores it.

--
Will now in Pompano Beach
"Cuddlesleep is special;

Jeßus[_5_]
September 10th 16, 02:22 AM
On Fri, 9 Sep 2016 01:21:41 -0000 (UTC), Bastette
> wrote:

>--
>audiophile, n:
> Someone who listens to the equipment instead of the music.

Great sig :) Even though I use 'audiophile' grade equipment, for me
it's ultimately all about the music.

Bastette
September 10th 16, 02:31 AM
Je?us wrote:

> On Fri, 9 Sep 2016 01:21:41 -0000 (UTC), Bastette
> > wrote:

>>--
>>audiophile, n:
>> Someone who listens to the equipment instead of the music.

> Great sig :) Even though I use 'audiophile' grade equipment, for me
> it's ultimately all about the music.

Thanks. I've known people who refused to listen to music on less than
top-quality equipment. That's all fine and good if you can afford the
good stuff, but I remember someone who couldn't afford it - so they
just didn't listen to music. For *years*. How sad is that?

--
Joyce

- Mommy loves you too my sweaty litter baby fire
- Ummm what mom?
- MY SWEET LITTLE BABY GIRL!! sorry honey!
-- damnyouautocorrect.com

Jeßus[_5_]
September 10th 16, 11:09 PM
On Sat, 10 Sep 2016 01:31:21 -0000 (UTC), Bastette
> wrote:

>Je?us wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 9 Sep 2016 01:21:41 -0000 (UTC), Bastette
> > > wrote:
>
> >>--
> >>audiophile, n:
> >> Someone who listens to the equipment instead of the music.
>
> > Great sig :) Even though I use 'audiophile' grade equipment, for me
> > it's ultimately all about the music.
>
>Thanks. I've known people who refused to listen to music on less than
>top-quality equipment. That's all fine and good if you can afford the
>good stuff, but I remember someone who couldn't afford it - so they
>just didn't listen to music. For *years*. How sad is that?

Extremely sad! I'm a regular on a hifi forum - there seems to be two
camps there: one which focuses solely on equipment, and then there is
'our' camp which discusses mostly music (and where best to get it)
moreso than equipment.