PDA

View Full Version : Cats Peeing Everywhere

Aumbre
July 1st 03, 03:10 PM
Help! What can i do to make my cats stop peeing? They are 1 yr. old,
sisters and both fixed. Are they sick? How can i get this to stop? I
change their litter everyday, feed them well, and it still happens. Mostly
on clothes in my room. But this morning it was all over the bathroom floor.

Thanx in advance

dgk
July 2nd 03, 02:56 AM
On Tue, 01 Jul 2003 14:10:22 GMT, "Aumbre" >
wrote:

>Help! What can i do to make my cats stop peeing? They are 1 yr. old,
>sisters and both fixed. Are they sick? How can i get this to stop? I
>change their litter everyday, feed them well, and it still happens. Mostly
>on clothes in my room. But this morning it was all over the bathroom floor.
>
>Thanx in advance

As Gail said, off to the vet.

wrote:

>Help! What can i do to make my cats stop peeing? They are 1 yr. old,
>sisters and both fixed. Are they sick? How can i get this to stop? I
>change their litter everyday, feed them well, and it still happens. Mostly
>on clothes in my room. But this morning it was all over the bathroom floor.
>
>Thanx in advance

As Gail said, off to the vet.

Alison
July 2nd 03, 02:08 PM
Hi
There's advice on this website about litterbox problems .
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Pointe/9352/litterboxhelp.html

--
Alison

Photos of dogs needing homes and links to Rescues.
http://mysite.freeserve.com/AnimalRescueLinksUK

Links to animal information websites
http://mysite.freeserve.com/petinfolinks

"dgk" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 01 Jul 2003 14:10:22 GMT, "Aumbre" >
> wrote:
>
> >Help! What can i do to make my cats stop peeing? They are 1 yr.
old,
> >sisters and both fixed. Are they sick? How can i get this to
stop? I
> >change their litter everyday, feed them well, and it still happens.
Mostly
> >on clothes in my room. But this morning it was all over the
bathroom floor.

> >Thanx in advance
> >

> As Gail said, off to the vet.

David S.
July 3rd 03, 07:16 PM
"Gail" > wrote in message ...

> infections. Also, with two cats you should have three litter boxes. Use
> unscented, clumping litter with no hoods on the boxes.

What's wrong with the hoods?

David

David S.
July 3rd 03, 07:16 PM
"Gail" > wrote in message ...

> infections. Also, with two cats you should have three litter boxes. Use
> unscented, clumping litter with no hoods on the boxes.

What's wrong with the hoods?

David

kaeli
July 3rd 03, 08:15 PM
In article >,
shared the illuminating thought...
> "Gail" > wrote in message ...
>
> > infections. Also, with two cats you should have three litter boxes. Use
> > unscented, clumping litter with no hoods on the boxes.
>
> What's wrong with the hoods?
>
> David

Nothing if your cats don't mind them. But some cats don't like them and
may avoid the box if present. The cat may dislike being unable to
position itself a certain way or feel confined by the hooded box.
One of the things to do if a cat avoids the box (after taking it to the
vet to be sure it isn't a urinary problem) is to change the box. Change
the litter and see if the cat likes it better, change the location of
the box, its size, its cleanliness, etc until the cat is happy with it.
:)
I had a cat once who wouldn't use clumping litter. Period. He hated it.
So we had a box with regular litter for him and one with clumping litter
for the other cat that preferred clumping litter.

FWIW, I use extra-large hooded boxes and have never had a cat have a
problem with that, but cats are such unique and finicky creatures...

~kaeli~
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace
Kill one man and you are a murderer.
Kill millions and you are a conqueror.
Kill everyone and you are God.

kaeli
July 3rd 03, 08:15 PM
In article >,
shared the illuminating thought...
> "Gail" > wrote in message ...
>
> > infections. Also, with two cats you should have three litter boxes. Use
> > unscented, clumping litter with no hoods on the boxes.
>
> What's wrong with the hoods?
>
> David

Nothing if your cats don't mind them. But some cats don't like them and
may avoid the box if present. The cat may dislike being unable to
position itself a certain way or feel confined by the hooded box.
One of the things to do if a cat avoids the box (after taking it to the
vet to be sure it isn't a urinary problem) is to change the box. Change
the litter and see if the cat likes it better, change the location of
the box, its size, its cleanliness, etc until the cat is happy with it.
:)
I had a cat once who wouldn't use clumping litter. Period. He hated it.
So we had a box with regular litter for him and one with clumping litter
for the other cat that preferred clumping litter.

FWIW, I use extra-large hooded boxes and have never had a cat have a
problem with that, but cats are such unique and finicky creatures...

~kaeli~
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace
Kill one man and you are a murderer.
Kill millions and you are a conqueror.
Kill everyone and you are God.

Gail
July 3rd 03, 11:23 PM
A lot of cats do not like them. It is safer not to have them especially if a
cat is exhibiting problems with urinating.
Gail

"David S." > wrote in message
> "Gail" > wrote in message ...
>
> > infections. Also, with two cats you should have three litter boxes. Use
> > unscented, clumping litter with no hoods on the boxes.
>
> What's wrong with the hoods?
>
> David

David S.
July 4th 03, 02:32 AM
"kaeli" > wrote in message

> Nothing if your cats don't mind them. But some cats don't like them and
> may avoid the box if present. The cat may dislike being unable to
> position itself a certain way or feel confined by the hooded box.

That's very interesting. I always thought that the hood was to prevent the
cat from scattering the litter in every direction around the box. The hood
seemed like a human convenience, and I never gave any thought to how the cat
might react.

My thanks to you and Gail. I'll remember this.

David

David S.
July 4th 03, 02:32 AM
"kaeli" > wrote in message

> Nothing if your cats don't mind them. But some cats don't like them and
> may avoid the box if present. The cat may dislike being unable to
> position itself a certain way or feel confined by the hooded box.

That's very interesting. I always thought that the hood was to prevent the
cat from scattering the litter in every direction around the box. The hood
seemed like a human convenience, and I never gave any thought to how the cat
might react.

My thanks to you and Gail. I'll remember this.

David

July 4th 03, 09:46 PM
Besides changing litter daily, you do clean
the boxes out intraday, right? And you have
two, not one box, right?
Unclean litter boxes, and urinary tract infections,
are the two most common reasons for this behavior.
(It's far less likely that cats that have been using
a particular litter without problems, are suddenly
going to object to the brand/type.)
Off to the vet to have them checked.
If it's caused by urinary tract infections, it
will be easily remedied with the proper antibiotics.