PDA

View Full Version : Re: Automatic litter boxes

Joe Canuck
July 5th 03, 02:09 AM
Mike Kenzie wrote:
> Has anyone had any trouble with multiple cats sharing one of the automated
> litter boxes?

Suffice it to say the things are troublesome.
If your cat is large the automatic boxes may not be big enough.
Some cats are afraid of the things and refuse to use them.

Think of how many litter pans you can buy for the cost of *one*
automatic litter box.

Its kind of like buying shredded cheese for homemade pizza or buying
cheese in the block and doing your own shredding.

One way is expensive and convenient, the other is cheap but requires a
little more work.

--
"Its the bugs that keep it running."
-Joe Canuck

Joe Canuck
July 5th 03, 02:09 AM
Mike Kenzie wrote:
> Has anyone had any trouble with multiple cats sharing one of the automated
> litter boxes?

Suffice it to say the things are troublesome.
If your cat is large the automatic boxes may not be big enough.
Some cats are afraid of the things and refuse to use them.

Think of how many litter pans you can buy for the cost of *one*
automatic litter box.

Its kind of like buying shredded cheese for homemade pizza or buying
cheese in the block and doing your own shredding.

One way is expensive and convenient, the other is cheap but requires a
little more work.

--
"Its the bugs that keep it running."
-Joe Canuck

Hilden Pickering
July 5th 03, 03:09 AM
On 4 Jul 2003 23:54:54 GMT, (Mike Kenzie) wrote:

>Has anyone had any trouble with multiple cats sharing one of the automated
>litter boxes?
>
>The side of the box says that 10 minutes after the cat leaves the box the
>litter is racked. Is there a safety mechanism to stop it if there is a
>second cat waiting for the box?
I have no problem with my three cats and one litter box.