PDA

View Full Version : Feline leukemia vaccine??

Cathy Friedmann
July 5th 03, 08:13 PM
As long as she's going outside, I'd personally have her get the FeLV
vaccine.

Cathy

("The Boy in the Bubble") Paul Simon

"Rita" > wrote in message
> I'd like to know what the opinion's are on the feline leukemia vaccine.
> Whiskers was an indoor cat for her first eight months, but then I made
> the mistake of taking her out on a halter and leash. She then started
> driving me crazy as she wanted to be taken out all the time. I finally
> gave in and let her go out by herself. Actually, she's pretty good. She
> doesn't roam and stays mainly in the back yard. Maybe because when I did
> take her out, I always said "NO"!, whenever she tried to go beyond the
> property line. I also have a cat door so that she is free to come in and
> eat whenever she feels like it which is about 10 times a day. :-) She is
> not allowed out at night. That is a definite no-no and seems to be
> something she understands. I do see a few cats that do come into my yard
> every once in awhile and that makes me nervous. I lost my last cat to
> feline leukemia about 20 years ago and this is the first cat I've had
> since then. Thanks for any opinions you might have.
>
> Rita

Rita
July 5th 03, 08:20 PM
[...]

*~*SooZy*~*
July 5th 03, 09:05 PM
"Cathy Friedmann" > wrote in message
> As long as she's going outside, I'd personally have her get the FeLV
> vaccine.
>
> Cathy
>
> --
> "Staccato signals of constant information..."
> ("The Boy in the Bubble") Paul Simon
>
> "Rita" > wrote in message
> > I'd like to know what the opinion's are on the feline leukemia vaccine.
> > Whiskers was an indoor cat for her first eight months, but then I made
> > the mistake of taking her out on a halter and leash. She then started
> > driving me crazy as she wanted to be taken out all the time. I finally
> > gave in and let her go out by herself. Actually, she's pretty good. She
> > doesn't roam and stays mainly in the back yard. Maybe because when I did
> > take her out, I always said "NO"!, whenever she tried to go beyond the
> > property line. I also have a cat door so that she is free to come in and
> > eat whenever she feels like it which is about 10 times a day. :-) She is
> > not allowed out at night. That is a definite no-no and seems to be
> > something she understands. I do see a few cats that do come into my yard
> > every once in awhile and that makes me nervous. I lost my last cat to
> > feline leukemia about 20 years ago and this is the first cat I've had
> > since then. Thanks for any opinions you might have.
> >
> > Rita

yes I agree let her have FeLV

*~*SooZy*~*
July 5th 03, 09:05 PM
"Cathy Friedmann" > wrote in message
> As long as she's going outside, I'd personally have her get the FeLV
> vaccine.
>
> Cathy
>
> --
> "Staccato signals of constant information..."
> ("The Boy in the Bubble") Paul Simon
>
> "Rita" > wrote in message
> > I'd like to know what the opinion's are on the feline leukemia vaccine.
> > Whiskers was an indoor cat for her first eight months, but then I made
> > the mistake of taking her out on a halter and leash. She then started
> > driving me crazy as she wanted to be taken out all the time. I finally
> > gave in and let her go out by herself. Actually, she's pretty good. She
> > doesn't roam and stays mainly in the back yard. Maybe because when I did
> > take her out, I always said "NO"!, whenever she tried to go beyond the
> > property line. I also have a cat door so that she is free to come in and
> > eat whenever she feels like it which is about 10 times a day. :-) She is
> > not allowed out at night. That is a definite no-no and seems to be
> > something she understands. I do see a few cats that do come into my yard
> > every once in awhile and that makes me nervous. I lost my last cat to
> > feline leukemia about 20 years ago and this is the first cat I've had
> > since then. Thanks for any opinions you might have.
> >
> > Rita

yes I agree let her have FeLV

Cheryl
July 5th 03, 09:27 PM
Laura R. wrote:

Last, your vet should vary injection sites. For a quick
> summary, see here:
>

> Laura

They should vary the injection sites for different vaccinations, not
for the same ones. FeLV should always be on the leg and the same leg
(left is recommended) for each booster. In the case of a sarcoma only
the one leg would have to be removed.

--
Cheryl

Cheryl
July 5th 03, 09:27 PM
Laura R. wrote:

Last, your vet should vary injection sites. For a quick
> summary, see here:
>

> Laura

They should vary the injection sites for different vaccinations, not
for the same ones. FeLV should always be on the leg and the same leg
(left is recommended) for each booster. In the case of a sarcoma only
the one leg would have to be removed.

--
Cheryl

Karen Chuplis
July 5th 03, 11:44 PM
in article , Laura R. at
wrote on 7/5/03 4:39 PM:

> circa Sat, 5 Jul 2003 16:27:55 -0400, in rec.pets.cats.health+behav,
> Cheryl ) said,
>> Laura R. wrote:
>>
>> Last, your vet should vary injection sites. For a quick
>>> summary, see here:
>>>

>>> Laura
>>
>> They should vary the injection sites for different vaccinations, not
>> for the same ones. FeLV should always be on the leg and the same leg
>> (left is recommended) for each booster. In the case of a sarcoma only
>> the one leg would have to be removed.
>>
> Which is what the link I pasted *says*. I gather you didn't bother
> reading it before 'correcting'.
>
> Laura
Chill. It did not read as a "correction", Laura. just added info. Do you
read every link everyone posts before you post info you may personally know?

Karen

Karen Chuplis
July 5th 03, 11:44 PM
in article , Laura R. at
wrote on 7/5/03 4:39 PM:

> circa Sat, 5 Jul 2003 16:27:55 -0400, in rec.pets.cats.health+behav,
> Cheryl ) said,
>> Laura R. wrote:
>>
>> Last, your vet should vary injection sites. For a quick
>>> summary, see here:
>>>

>>> Laura
>>
>> They should vary the injection sites for different vaccinations, not
>> for the same ones. FeLV should always be on the leg and the same leg
>> (left is recommended) for each booster. In the case of a sarcoma only
>> the one leg would have to be removed.
>>
> Which is what the link I pasted *says*. I gather you didn't bother
> reading it before 'correcting'.
>
> Laura
Chill. It did not read as a "correction", Laura. just added info. Do you
read every link everyone posts before you post info you may personally know?

Karen

MaryL
July 6th 03, 12:22 AM
"Rita" > wrote in message
> I'd like to know what the opinion's are on the feline leukemia vaccine.
> Whiskers was an indoor cat for her first eight months, but then I made
> the mistake of taking her out on a halter and leash. She then started
> driving me crazy as she wanted to be taken out all the time. I finally
> gave in and let her go out by herself. Actually, she's pretty good. She
> doesn't roam and stays mainly in the back yard. Maybe because when I did
> take her out, I always said "NO"!, whenever she tried to go beyond the
> property line. I also have a cat door so that she is free to come in and
> eat whenever she feels like it which is about 10 times a day. :-) She is
> not allowed out at night. That is a definite no-no and seems to be
> something she understands. I do see a few cats that do come into my yard
> every once in awhile and that makes me nervous. I lost my last cat to
> feline leukemia about 20 years ago and this is the first cat I've had
> since then. Thanks for any opinions you might have.
>
> Rita

As some others have suggested, I would use the vaccine as long as the cat is
permitted to go outside. Best, however, would be if you could re-train the
cat to be indoor only and then discontinue the vaccine.

MaryL

Photos of Duffy and Holly (pictorial history of Duffy's integration into our
household):
Duffy, Part I: The Introduction -- http://tinyurl.com/8y54
Duffy, Part II: Life at Home -- http://tinyurl.com/8y56

MaryL
July 6th 03, 12:22 AM
"Rita" > wrote in message
> I'd like to know what the opinion's are on the feline leukemia vaccine.
> Whiskers was an indoor cat for her first eight months, but then I made
> the mistake of taking her out on a halter and leash. She then started
> driving me crazy as she wanted to be taken out all the time. I finally
> gave in and let her go out by herself. Actually, she's pretty good. She
> doesn't roam and stays mainly in the back yard. Maybe because when I did
> take her out, I always said "NO"!, whenever she tried to go beyond the
> property line. I also have a cat door so that she is free to come in and
> eat whenever she feels like it which is about 10 times a day. :-) She is
> not allowed out at night. That is a definite no-no and seems to be
> something she understands. I do see a few cats that do come into my yard
> every once in awhile and that makes me nervous. I lost my last cat to
> feline leukemia about 20 years ago and this is the first cat I've had
> since then. Thanks for any opinions you might have.
>
> Rita

As some others have suggested, I would use the vaccine as long as the cat is
permitted to go outside. Best, however, would be if you could re-train the
cat to be indoor only and then discontinue the vaccine.

MaryL

Photos of Duffy and Holly (pictorial history of Duffy's integration into our
household):
Duffy, Part I: The Introduction -- http://tinyurl.com/8y54
Duffy, Part II: Life at Home -- http://tinyurl.com/8y56

Rita
July 6th 03, 01:13 AM
Thanks for all the replies. I've made a copy of the site Laura suggested
I read to bring with me to the vet. I am going to make sure he does
vary the vaccine site and also have the vaccines each done at different
times. Whiskers is going to hate me. All she has to see me doing is
touch her carrying case and she runs.

Rita

Laura R. wrote:
> circa Sat, 05 Jul 2003 19:20:46 GMT, in rec.pets.cats.health+behav,
> Rita ) said,
>
>>I'd like to know what the opinion's are on the feline leukemia vaccine.
>>Whiskers was an indoor cat for her first eight months, but then I made
>>the mistake of taking her out on a halter and leash. She then started
>>driving me crazy as she wanted to be taken out all the time. I finally
>>gave in and let her go out by herself. Actually, she's pretty good. She
>>doesn't roam and stays mainly in the back yard. Maybe because when I did
>>take her out, I always said "NO"!, whenever she tried to go beyond the
>>property line. I also have a cat door so that she is free to come in and
>>eat whenever she feels like it which is about 10 times a day. :-) She is
>>not allowed out at night. That is a definite no-no and seems to be
>>something she understands. I do see a few cats that do come into my yard
>>every once in awhile and that makes me nervous. I lost my last cat to
>>feline leukemia about 20 years ago and this is the first cat I've had
>>since then. Thanks for any opinions you might have.
>>
>>Rita
>>

> If the cat goes outside, then FeLV is probably a good idea. However,
> talk to your vet about the vaccine s/he uses. If you're in the U.S.,
> most vaccines are labeled as one-year vaccines, but are actually
> "good" for three years. Also, vaccines containing adjuvants have been
> connected with injection-site sarcomas, most notably rabies and FeLV
> vaccines. Last, your vet should vary injection sites. For a quick
> summary, see here:
>
> http://www.geocities.com/~kremersark/vetmed98.html
>
> Laura

Cathy Friedmann
July 6th 03, 01:51 AM
"MaryL" > wrote in message

> "Rita" > wrote in message
> > Whiskers is going to hate me. All she has to see me doing is
> > touch her carrying case and she runs.
> >
> > Rita
> >

> For this reason, I always set up the carrier in another room (often the
> bathroom or utility room), then carry the "designated" cat to that room
and
> quickly drop him/her in the carrier.

Yep, me too.

> I have tried -- without success -- to
> acclimate my cats to the carrier by leaving it out for extended periods,
> placing toys in it, spraying it with Feliway, etc.

I have one cat who self-acclimated to the carriers. So he's not a problem
in this respect. But the rest - the above method, in a room that's closed
off form the rest of the house - no real escape route available.

Cathy

("The Boy in the Bubble") Paul Simon

But the only thing that
> has worked for me is to get them in it as quickly as possible and keep it
> out of their sight until I am ready to make the transfer!
>
> MaryL

Cathy Friedmann
July 6th 03, 01:51 AM
"MaryL" > wrote in message

> "Rita" > wrote in message
> > Whiskers is going to hate me. All she has to see me doing is
> > touch her carrying case and she runs.
> >
> > Rita
> >

> For this reason, I always set up the carrier in another room (often the
> bathroom or utility room), then carry the "designated" cat to that room
and
> quickly drop him/her in the carrier.

Yep, me too.

> I have tried -- without success -- to
> acclimate my cats to the carrier by leaving it out for extended periods,
> placing toys in it, spraying it with Feliway, etc.

I have one cat who self-acclimated to the carriers. So he's not a problem
in this respect. But the rest - the above method, in a room that's closed
off form the rest of the house - no real escape route available.

Cathy

("The Boy in the Bubble") Paul Simon

But the only thing that
> has worked for me is to get them in it as quickly as possible and keep it
> out of their sight until I am ready to make the transfer!
>
> MaryL

Rita
July 6th 03, 02:56 AM
Her carrying case always sits in the living room in a corner. So last
time I had to take her to the vet, I very innocently picked her up and
then quickly stuffed her into the case.:-) Isn't it amazing how strong
they are!

Rita

Cathy Friedmann wrote:
> "MaryL" > wrote in message
>
>>"Rita" > wrote in message
>>
>>>Whiskers is going to hate me. All she has to see me doing is
>>>touch her carrying case and she runs.
>>>
>>>Rita
>>>

>>For this reason, I always set up the carrier in another room (often the
>>bathroom or utility room), then carry the "designated" cat to that room
>
> and
>
>>quickly drop him/her in the carrier.
>

> Yep, me too.
>

>> I have tried -- without success -- to
>>acclimate my cats to the carrier by leaving it out for extended periods,
>>placing toys in it, spraying it with Feliway, etc.
>

> I have one cat who self-acclimated to the carriers. So he's not a problem
> in this respect. But the rest - the above method, in a room that's closed
> off form the rest of the house - no real escape route available.
>
> Cathy
>
> --
> "Staccato signals of constant information..."
> ("The Boy in the Bubble") Paul Simon
>

> But the only thing that
>
>>has worked for me is to get them in it as quickly as possible and keep it
>>out of their sight until I am ready to make the transfer!
>>
>>MaryL

Rita
July 6th 03, 03:09 AM
That's easier said than done. She's a year old cat who's very active and
playful......and spoiled rotten! She'd be by herself most of the time as
I am usually outdoors myself working in the yard. As much as I love
cats, I don't want two, or three, or four. :-) My mistake was taking her
out on a leash. Maybe she'd be healthier like they say, but I know she's
happier....Loves to jump in the air chasing bugs. Still hasn't caught a
squirrel. :-)

Rita

MaryL wrote:

> As some others have suggested, I would use the vaccine as long as the cat is
> permitted to go outside. Best, however, would be if you could re-train the
> cat to be indoor only and then discontinue the vaccine.
>
> MaryL
>
> Photos of Duffy and Holly (pictorial history of Duffy's integration into our
> household):
> Duffy, Part I: The Introduction -- http://tinyurl.com/8y54
> Duffy, Part II: Life at Home -- http://tinyurl.com/8y56

Cheryl
July 6th 03, 03:32 AM
Laura R. ) wrote:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ah, you're *that* Laura. I shoulda known.

Cheryl
July 6th 03, 03:32 AM
Laura R. ) wrote:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ah, you're *that* Laura. I shoulda known.

Cheryl
July 6th 03, 04:11 AM
Laura R. wrote:
> circa Sun, 06 Jul 2003 02:46:42 GMT, in rec.pets.cats.health+behav,
> Laura R. ) said,
>>
>> Nope, I just don't like you.
>>
> Oh, hell, screw it. I don't have the bile to maintain this grudge.

I sure laughed reading the bile you had to write the last two replies.
You're an angry woman, Laura. You can go ahead and win this (it sure
seems important to you), I really don't care. I only meant to clarify
about FeLV vaccinations since I do have to deal with it firsthand.

--
Cheryl

Cheryl
July 6th 03, 04:11 AM

--
Cheryl

Cheryl
July 6th 03, 05:46 AM
Laura R. wrote:
> circa Sat, 5 Jul 2003 23:11:43 -0400, in rec.pets.cats.health+behav,
> Cheryl ) said,
>>>>
>>> Oh, hell, screw it. I don't have the bile to maintain this grudge.
>>
>> I sure laughed reading the bile you had to write the last two
>> replies. You're an angry woman, Laura. You can go ahead and win
>> this (it sure seems important to you), I really don't care. I only
>> meant to clarify about FeLV vaccinations since I do have to deal
>> with it firsthand.
>
> You have a hard time recognizing an apology, don't you, Cheryl?

No, but I have to admit I do sit here wide-eyed reading your
melt-downs sometimes.

Good
> lord, I'm not trying to "win" anything. I was **apologizing**. I
> think you're the angry one here.
>
> Well, I tried.

Apology accepted.

--
Cheryl

Cheryl
July 6th 03, 05:46 AM
Laura R. wrote:
> circa Sat, 5 Jul 2003 23:11:43 -0400, in rec.pets.cats.health+behav,
> Cheryl ) said,
>>>>
>>> Oh, hell, screw it. I don't have the bile to maintain this grudge.
>>
>> I sure laughed reading the bile you had to write the last two
>> replies. You're an angry woman, Laura. You can go ahead and win
>> this (it sure seems important to you), I really don't care. I only
>> meant to clarify about FeLV vaccinations since I do have to deal
>> with it firsthand.
>
> You have a hard time recognizing an apology, don't you, Cheryl?

No, but I have to admit I do sit here wide-eyed reading your
melt-downs sometimes.

Good
> lord, I'm not trying to "win" anything. I was **apologizing**. I
> think you're the angry one here.
>
> Well, I tried.

Apology accepted.

--
Cheryl

Karen Chuplis
July 6th 03, 06:15 AM
in article , Laura R. at
wrote on 7/5/03 9:48 PM:

> circa Sat, 5 Jul 2003 22:32:10 -0400, in rec.pets.cats.health+behav,
> Cheryl ) said,
>>
>> Ah, you're *that* Laura. I shoulda known.
>>
> As I said...
>
> And I certainly wasn't hiding my identity; are you so dense as to
> have not figured out before now that I'm "that" Laura? Just killfile
> me, ignoramus. Then go back to nursing your lousy reading skills and
> licking Phil's feet.
>
> Laura

Sometimes I just want to scream at ALL of you for perpetuating crap that
doesn't
matter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!

Just ignore each other already. I don't know what went on in the past and I
don't care but right now it's just getting ridiculous. I'd killfile the
thread but I'd like to see how it goes for the OP.

Karen

Karen Chuplis
July 6th 03, 06:15 AM
in article , Laura R. at
wrote on 7/5/03 9:48 PM:

> circa Sat, 5 Jul 2003 22:32:10 -0400, in rec.pets.cats.health+behav,
> Cheryl ) said,
>>
>> Ah, you're *that* Laura. I shoulda known.
>>
> As I said...
>
> And I certainly wasn't hiding my identity; are you so dense as to
> have not figured out before now that I'm "that" Laura? Just killfile
> me, ignoramus. Then go back to nursing your lousy reading skills and
> licking Phil's feet.
>
> Laura

Sometimes I just want to scream at ALL of you for perpetuating crap that
doesn't
matter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!

Just ignore each other already. I don't know what went on in the past and I
don't care but right now it's just getting ridiculous. I'd killfile the
thread but I'd like to see how it goes for the OP.

Karen

*~*SooZy*~*
July 6th 03, 03:26 PM
"Rita" > wrote in message
> Thanks for all the replies. I've made a copy of the site Laura suggested
> I read to bring with me to the vet. I am going to make sure he does
> vary the vaccine site and also have the vaccines each done at different
> times. Whiskers is going to hate me. All she has to see me doing is
> touch her carrying case and she runs.
>
> Rita

I have my carriers in my spare room on the bed beside my pc, with the
carrier doors off, both my cats sleep in them when they are in here with
me...... so when we go to the vet or out visiting its easy, they are seconds
bed to them. My old cat was a nightmare because the carrier only came out
when it was off to the vets!

*~*SooZy*~*
July 6th 03, 03:26 PM
"Rita" > wrote in message
> Thanks for all the replies. I've made a copy of the site Laura suggested
> I read to bring with me to the vet. I am going to make sure he does
> vary the vaccine site and also have the vaccines each done at different
> times. Whiskers is going to hate me. All she has to see me doing is
> touch her carrying case and she runs.
>
> Rita

I have my carriers in my spare room on the bed beside my pc, with the
carrier doors off, both my cats sleep in them when they are in here with
me...... so when we go to the vet or out visiting its easy, they are seconds
bed to them. My old cat was a nightmare because the carrier only came out
when it was off to the vets!

Rita
July 6th 03, 04:02 PM
That would be great if Whisk would do that. She'll rub and sniff at it,
but if I just so much as put a finger on it, she's off.

Rita in Connecticut

*~*SooZy*~* wrote:

> I have my carriers in my spare room on the bed beside my pc, with the
> carrier doors off, both my cats sleep in them when they are in here with
> me...... so when we go to the vet or out visiting its easy, they are seconds
> bed to them. My old cat was a nightmare because the carrier only came out
> when it was off to the vets!

*~*SooZy*~*
July 6th 03, 04:15 PM
"Sherry " > wrote in message
> >I have my carriers in my spare room on the bed beside my pc, with the
> >carrier doors off, both my cats sleep in them when they are in here with
> >me...... so when we go to the vet or out visiting its easy, they are
seconds
> >bed to them. My old cat was a nightmare because the carrier only came
out
> >when it was off to the vets!
> >
> Mine too. DH suggested I gget the cat carrier out and sit it next to me
when
> I'm at the sewing machine because they are all over me when I try to sew.
They
> probably wouldn't even come in the room.
>
> Sherry

LOL when we were children we had a dog who loved the vets! he loved all the
attention in the waiting room of everyone making a fuss over him, and he
went mad when he saw the vet, jumped up at him wagging his tail like mad! I
bet all the other dogs in the vet thought he was one crazy dog!

I suppose mine don't mind their carrier because when we go to my daughters
they go in them and their love her, they really do just use them as beds so
its no problem, they just walk in and out after the trip to the vets :-)

*~*SooZy*~*
July 6th 03, 04:15 PM
"Sherry " > wrote in message
> >I have my carriers in my spare room on the bed beside my pc, with the
> >carrier doors off, both my cats sleep in them when they are in here with
> >me...... so when we go to the vet or out visiting its easy, they are
seconds
> >bed to them. My old cat was a nightmare because the carrier only came
out
> >when it was off to the vets!
> >
> Mine too. DH suggested I gget the cat carrier out and sit it next to me
when
> I'm at the sewing machine because they are all over me when I try to sew.
They
> probably wouldn't even come in the room.
>
> Sherry

LOL when we were children we had a dog who loved the vets! he loved all the
attention in the waiting room of everyone making a fuss over him, and he
went mad when he saw the vet, jumped up at him wagging his tail like mad! I
bet all the other dogs in the vet thought he was one crazy dog!

I suppose mine don't mind their carrier because when we go to my daughters
they go in them and their love her, they really do just use them as beds so
its no problem, they just walk in and out after the trip to the vets :-)

*~*SooZy*~*
July 6th 03, 04:28 PM
"Rita" > wrote in message

> *~*SooZy*~* wrote:
>
> > I have my carriers in my spare room on the bed beside my pc, with the
> > carrier doors off, both my cats sleep in them when they are in here
with
> > me...... so when we go to the vet or out visiting its easy, they are
seconds
> > bed to them. My old cat was a nightmare because the carrier only came
out
> > when it was off to the vets!
> >

> That would be great if Whisk would do that. She'll rub and sniff at it,
> but if I just so much as put a finger on it, she's off.
>
> Rita in Connecticut

well I had so much trouble with my last cat, still have the scars to prove
it (who sadly is no longer with us), I decided from the start I would keep
the carriers out and encourage them to go in it, threw catnip drops inside
them, throw toys in when playing with them, so they are more than happy to
go in them now and sleep sounding in them too.

*~*SooZy*~*
July 6th 03, 04:28 PM
"Rita" > wrote in message

> *~*SooZy*~* wrote:
>
> > I have my carriers in my spare room on the bed beside my pc, with the
> > carrier doors off, both my cats sleep in them when they are in here
with
> > me...... so when we go to the vet or out visiting its easy, they are
seconds
> > bed to them. My old cat was a nightmare because the carrier only came
out
> > when it was off to the vets!
> >

> That would be great if Whisk would do that. She'll rub and sniff at it,
> but if I just so much as put a finger on it, she's off.
>
> Rita in Connecticut

well I had so much trouble with my last cat, still have the scars to prove
it (who sadly is no longer with us), I decided from the start I would keep
the carriers out and encourage them to go in it, threw catnip drops inside
them, throw toys in when playing with them, so they are more than happy to
go in them now and sleep sounding in them too.

July 7th 03, 04:17 AM
Actually, varying the sites completely
is recommended. If you aren't repeatedly
vaccinating the same spot, you seriously
diminish the chances of ever having to
"amputate" anything.

Obviously, having lost a cat the original
poster should understand the vaccine is
warranted, especially with cats that are
going to be exposed to the outdoors, or
cats that are.