PDA

View Full Version : Do you show your longhaired cat?

Zoeliz
July 10th 03, 11:57 PM
My cat Webster is a semi longhaired cat who sheds like mad and I find it very
hard to keep him well groomed. The more I brush him, the more loose fur gathers
on his coat and eventually falls on the hardwood floors or elsewhere.

If anyone shows long haired cats, do you have any grooming tips?Thanks.

Zoe

Karen Chuplis
July 11th 03, 01:32 AM
in article , Zoeliz at
wrote on 7/10/03 5:57 PM:

> My cat Webster is a semi longhaired cat who sheds like mad and I find it very
> hard to keep him well groomed. The more I brush him, the more loose fur
> gathers
> on his coat and eventually falls on the hardwood floors or elsewhere.
>
> If anyone shows long haired cats, do you have any grooming tips?Thanks.
>
> Zoe
I asked a show person about this once. The deal is, they start grooming for
a show about 4 days in advance. Bath combing etc. So it isn't as though the
kitties are that immaculate all the time. Most of them use Dawn to wash
kitties in (which scares me a bit, but I guess it's OK) and they brush and
comb with talc (which really would bother me). This is just for the show,
mind you. I think it's just part of the cat. You'll never get all the loose
hair.

Karen

Karen Chuplis
July 11th 03, 01:32 AM