PDA

View Full Version : Cat Pet Tag Recommendation?

Billy
July 16th 03, 03:19 PM
I'm looking to order two cat tags from the web that will fit a full address
and phone number but light enough for a cat. I ordered the tags from
pettags.com but they were heavy and too big (more for a dog). Other's that
I've ordered in the past have faded after a couple of years and no longer
readable. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good, solid (but light)
cat tag that I can order from the web?

Laura
July 16th 03, 03:32 PM
Hi
I have not bought tags here but got a flyer from my vet, they seem like they
are good, but you could try www.luckypet.com

"Billy" > wrote in message
> I'm looking to order two cat tags from the web that will fit a full
address
> and phone number but light enough for a cat. I ordered the tags from
> pettags.com but they were heavy and too big (more for a dog). Other's that
> I've ordered in the past have faded after a couple of years and no longer
> readable. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good, solid (but light)
> cat tag that I can order from the web?

PawsForThought
July 16th 03, 06:08 PM
>From: "Billy"

> Does anyone have a recommendation for a good, solid (but light)
>cat tag that I can order from the web?

I just ordered from this place. Usually I get the stainless steel tags but
this time I got the plastic, and I also got them engraved on both sides. They
are nice and lightweight. But stainless steel will probably last longer -

http://www.tagxpress.com/C_Cats.htm

Lauren
________

PawsForThought
July 16th 03, 06:08 PM
>From: "Billy"

> Does anyone have a recommendation for a good, solid (but light)
>cat tag that I can order from the web?

I just ordered from this place. Usually I get the stainless steel tags but
this time I got the plastic, and I also got them engraved on both sides. They
are nice and lightweight. But stainless steel will probably last longer -

http://www.tagxpress.com/C_Cats.htm

Lauren
________

Barb 1
July 17th 03, 02:32 AM
I use the Lucky Pet tags that the poster named Laura mentions. I ordered
the plastic black hearts 10 years ago for my cats and they wear them every
day. They look like brand new. I just ordered another for my new kitten.
They are a wonderful company to deal with and I highly recommend them. The
tags are small, very light weight and very easy to read.

Barb

Barb 1
July 17th 03, 02:32 AM
I use the Lucky Pet tags that the poster named Laura mentions. I ordered
the plastic black hearts 10 years ago for my cats and they wear them every
day. They look like brand new. I just ordered another for my new kitten.
They are a wonderful company to deal with and I highly recommend them. The
tags are small, very light weight and very easy to read.

Barb

Barb 1
July 17th 03, 03:18 AM
[...]

July 17th 03, 03:48 AM
I am sorry if this is repeating but it didn't seem to post:

[...]

July 17th 03, 03:32 PM
I'm going to try them, but would you select the plastic or metal - and why
or why not?

"Laura" > wrote in message
> Hi
> I have not bought tags here but got a flyer from my vet, they seem like
they
> are good, but you could try www.luckypet.com
>
> "Billy" > wrote in message
> > I'm looking to order two cat tags from the web that will fit a full
> address
> > and phone number but light enough for a cat. I ordered the tags from
> > pettags.com but they were heavy and too big (more for a dog). Other's
that
> > I've ordered in the past have faded after a couple of years and no
longer
> > readable. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good, solid (but
light)
> > cat tag that I can order from the web?

Fat Freddy
July 17th 03, 05:18 PM
I buy mine from Don at: http://www.boomerangtags.com
He has plastic or metal in a large variety of sizes and shapes. I use
the mini stainless steel ones for my cats.

They are engraved on both sides at no extra cost, there are no extra
shipping charges, and turnaround is very fast. I usually have them a
couple of days after I place the order.

Fat Freddy
July 17th 03, 05:18 PM
I buy mine from Don at: http://www.boomerangtags.com
He has plastic or metal in a large variety of sizes and shapes. I use
the mini stainless steel ones for my cats.

They are engraved on both sides at no extra cost, there are no extra
shipping charges, and turnaround is very fast. I usually have them a
couple of days after I place the order.

JOS
July 18th 03, 07:22 AM
In article >,
PawsForThought > wrote:

> > wrote in message
> >> Hi
> >> I have not bought tags here but got a flyer from my vet, they seem like
> >they
> >> are good, but you could try www.luckypet.com
>
> Wow, these sound really good and I like the collar you can order with name and
> phone number. Thanks for posting this.
>
> Lauren

Everyone, please make sure that if your cats wear tags that they also
have breakaway collars. My neighbor's poor cat died a very sad death
when he slipped off the hood of their car one early morning and his tag
caught in the crack between the hood and the fender. An image no one
would want to see.

There is another kind of tag that some pet stores have, made locally
in the northwest, which includes a thin waterproof stick-on, wraparound
sort of label which wraps around the collar and has all the info of a
regular tag, but doesn't stick out or hang down. My cat has one and it
has lasted and remained readable for a very long time, even through a
couple of lake dunkings.

See the product at http://www.buddycat.com

No I don't work for them, I just like and use their product, about
$5.00 for a pkg. of 3 (or 4?) labels.

Hope this helps some other kitties.
Janet

JOS
July 18th 03, 07:22 AM
In article >,
PawsForThought > wrote:

> > wrote in message
> >> Hi
> >> I have not bought tags here but got a flyer from my vet, they seem like
> >they
> >> are good, but you could try www.luckypet.com
>
> Wow, these sound really good and I like the collar you can order with name and
> phone number. Thanks for posting this.
>
> Lauren

Everyone, please make sure that if your cats wear tags that they also
have breakaway collars. My neighbor's poor cat died a very sad death
when he slipped off the hood of their car one early morning and his tag
caught in the crack between the hood and the fender. An image no one
would want to see.

There is another kind of tag that some pet stores have, made locally
in the northwest, which includes a thin waterproof stick-on, wraparound
sort of label which wraps around the collar and has all the info of a
regular tag, but doesn't stick out or hang down. My cat has one and it
has lasted and remained readable for a very long time, even through a
couple of lake dunkings.

See the product at http://www.buddycat.com

No I don't work for them, I just like and use their product, about
$5.00 for a pkg. of 3 (or 4?) labels.

Hope this helps some other kitties.
Janet

PawsForThought
July 18th 03, 01:14 PM
>From: JOS

>Everyone, please make sure that if your cats wear tags that they also
>have breakaway collars. My neighbor's poor cat died a very sad death
>when he slipped off the hood of their car one early morning and his tag
>caught in the crack between the hood and the fender. An image no one
>would want to see.

How sad :( I have used stretch collars that slip over the cats head if he gets
caught and breakaway collars.

>There is another kind of tag that some pet stores have, made locally
>in the northwest, which includes a thin waterproof stick-on, wraparound
>sort of label which wraps around the collar and has all the info of a
>regular tag, but doesn't stick out or hang down. My cat has one and it
>has lasted and remained readable for a very long time, even through a
>couple of lake dunkings.
>
>See the product at http://www.buddycat.com

Do you know which subheading it's under?

Lauren

________

PawsForThought
July 18th 03, 01:14 PM
>From: JOS

>Everyone, please make sure that if your cats wear tags that they also
>have breakaway collars. My neighbor's poor cat died a very sad death
>when he slipped off the hood of their car one early morning and his tag
>caught in the crack between the hood and the fender. An image no one
>would want to see.

How sad :( I have used stretch collars that slip over the cats head if he gets
caught and breakaway collars.

>There is another kind of tag that some pet stores have, made locally
>in the northwest, which includes a thin waterproof stick-on, wraparound
>sort of label which wraps around the collar and has all the info of a
>regular tag, but doesn't stick out or hang down. My cat has one and it
>has lasted and remained readable for a very long time, even through a
>couple of lake dunkings.
>
>See the product at http://www.buddycat.com

Do you know which subheading it's under?

Lauren

________

JOS
July 18th 03, 07:12 PM
In article >,
PawsForThought > wrote:

> >From: JOS
>
> >Everyone, please make sure that if your cats wear tags that they also
> >have breakaway collars. My neighbor's poor cat died a very sad death
> >when he slipped off the hood of their car one early morning and his tag
> >caught in the crack between the hood and the fender. An image no one
> >would want to see.
>
> How sad :( I have used stretch collars that slip over the cats head if he
> gets
> caught and breakaway collars.
>
> >There is another kind of tag that some pet stores have, made locally
> >in the northwest, which includes a thin waterproof stick-on, wraparound
> >sort of label which wraps around the collar and has all the info of a
> >regular tag, but doesn't stick out or hang down. My cat has one and it
> >has lasted and remained readable for a very long time, even through a
> >couple of lake dunkings.
> >
> >See the product at http://www.buddycat.com
>
> Do you know which subheading it's under?
>
> Lauren

You are right, that is a horrible link! Sorry. It was on the package. I
tried several of the subheadings and they led nowhere as far as the
BuddyCat tag I mentioned above.

I looked at the package again and found another link:
http://www.buddycatproducts.com
but that one goes to the same place.

I guess you will have to ask at a pet store. I found it at the checkout
counter of a non-chain pet store, but I have seen them at the chains
too. They are a 3x3inch clear plastic bag with the labels and blue and
yellow page of directions inside. Sorry that this product's link is
such a pain.

OK, I tried Google with the whole name, Buddy Cat Safe ID for Cats and
found this one which works!!! Scroll down and you will see the Buddy
Cat item.

http://www.epetpals.com/cat_collars_and_leads.htm

Janet

JOS