PDA

View Full Version : Licking glass

Glenn
July 17th 03, 04:33 AM
My mother's cat has been exhibiting some strange behavior.
He likes to lick plastic and glass. Could this be a form of
pica? He exhibits some other pica-like behavior -- he likes
to eat ribbons, which are certainly not good for him.

Assuming this is pica, I've heard it's good to offer them a
little vegetables, but he doesn't seem to have any interest.

Any suggestions?

Judy
July 17th 03, 05:03 AM
"Glenn" > wrote in message
m...
> My mother's cat has been exhibiting some strange behavior.
> He likes to lick plastic and glass. Could this be a form of
> pica? He exhibits some other pica-like behavior -- he likes
> to eat ribbons, which are certainly not good for him.
>
> Assuming this is pica, I've heard it's good to offer them a
> little vegetables, but he doesn't seem to have any interest.
>
> Any suggestions?

When my "now previous" cat exhibited this behavior - her interest was in
licking the patio stones - it turned out that she was hyperthyroid and
anemic.

You might want to give your vet a call?

Judy and Matilda - who thankfully hasn't started licking anything yet -
apart from her own body. :c)

Judy
July 17th 03, 05:03 AM