PDA

View Full Version : Re: 4 week old kitten with messed up eyes

Gail
July 18th 03, 12:02 AM
Try using a damp, warm wash cloth and gently clean his eyes.
Gail
"Aaron Keith" > wrote in message
> I have a new litter and one of the kittens wakes up every morning with its
eyes
> sealed shut with a crust and drainage...what can I do to solve this
problem?
> Thanks for your help.
>
> aaron keith

Gail
July 18th 03, 12:02 AM
Try using a damp, warm wash cloth and gently clean his eyes.
Gail
"Aaron Keith" > wrote in message
> I have a new litter and one of the kittens wakes up every morning with its
eyes
> sealed shut with a crust and drainage...what can I do to solve this
problem?
> Thanks for your help.
>
> aaron keith

Bill
July 18th 03, 08:21 PM
We cut up a new sponge into small pieces and use these, dipped in warm
water, to clean the kittens' eyes.

This sounds like the "eye thing" that kittens commonly get. It usually
resolves itself, but it takes awhile, three weeks or a month. It can be
quite infectious, so the other kittens will probably come down with the same
thing.

You can take the kitten to the vet, and they usually prescribe an antibiotic
of some sort. It still takes the same amount of time for the infection to
clear, but the drugs reduce the possibility of a secondary infection taking
hold.

Bill