PDA

View Full Version : safe pesticide fogger?

Betsy
July 18th 03, 06:54 AM
Hi. I haven't used a pesticide in years, but am getting frustrated to the
point that I feel I need to find a solution.

My basement is infested with camel crickets. I've tried a Bioganics spray,
which works, but the level of the infestation is well beyond that at this
point. Thousands of little tiny baby crickets have just hatched and I'm not
only grossed out, I am worried about what will happen when they grow to full
size. It will then be at the biblical plague level!

So, a google search of "safe + pesticide" yielded little only poisonous
pesticides. Does anybody have any links or suggestions where I might find
relatively safe foggers for use in the basement?

Thanks for your help.

Dwight Sipler
July 18th 03, 10:59 AM
How about a vacuum cleaner?

Dwight Sipler
July 18th 03, 10:59 AM
How about a vacuum cleaner?

Beth Pierce
July 18th 03, 02:14 PM
Try changing your search to organic+pesticide and you might
come up with something. Also, you might want to use
camel+crickets in your search. I did a search for cluster
flies as that is a problem I have and found all kinds of
organic pesticides, including boric acid.

Betsy wrote:
> Hi. I haven't used a pesticide in years, but am getting frustrated to the
> point that I feel I need to find a solution.
>
> My basement is infested with camel crickets. I've tried a Bioganics spray,
> which works, but the level of the infestation is well beyond that at this
> point. Thousands of little tiny baby crickets have just hatched and I'm not
> only grossed out, I am worried about what will happen when they grow to full
> size. It will then be at the biblical plague level!
>
> So, a google search of "safe + pesticide" yielded little only poisonous
> pesticides. Does anybody have any links or suggestions where I might find
> relatively safe foggers for use in the basement?
>
> Thanks for your help.

Cheryl
July 18th 03, 02:18 PM
"Betsy" -0> wrote in message
> Hi. I haven't used a pesticide in years, but am getting frustrated to the
> point that I feel I need to find a solution.
>
> My basement is infested with camel crickets. I've tried a Bioganics
spray,
> which works, but the level of the infestation is well beyond that at this
> point. Thousands of little tiny baby crickets have just hatched and I'm
not
> only grossed out, I am worried about what will happen when they grow to
full
> size. It will then be at the biblical plague level!

My parents house gets those, too. My dad accidentally discovered that those
crickets are attracted to the glue on duct tape. He puts strips around the
edges of the basement floor sticky-side up and they go right to it and get
stuck and he then disposes of them. That's all they've had to use for those
ugly creepy bugs.

Cheryl
July 18th 03, 02:18 PM
"Betsy" -0> wrote in message
> Hi. I haven't used a pesticide in years, but am getting frustrated to the
> point that I feel I need to find a solution.
>
> My basement is infested with camel crickets. I've tried a Bioganics
spray,
> which works, but the level of the infestation is well beyond that at this
> point. Thousands of little tiny baby crickets have just hatched and I'm
not
> only grossed out, I am worried about what will happen when they grow to
full
> size. It will then be at the biblical plague level!

My parents house gets those, too. My dad accidentally discovered that those
crickets are attracted to the glue on duct tape. He puts strips around the
edges of the basement floor sticky-side up and they go right to it and get
stuck and he then disposes of them. That's all they've had to use for those
ugly creepy bugs.

Sherry
July 18th 03, 02:22 PM
>My parents house gets those, too. My dad accidentally discovered that those
>crickets are attracted to the glue on duct tape. He puts strips around the
>edges of the basement floor sticky-side up and they go right to it and get
>stuck and he then disposes of them. That's all they've had to use for those
>ugly creepy bugs.

Oh, ugh. I'd forgotten about cricket season. It's late Aug.-Sept. for us.
Hordes of big black crickets, so many you have to get a broom and sweep them
away from the door before you open it. Enough of them manage to get in the
house the cats get bored withh him them and ignore them. Fortunately, they are
mostly outside, so we just wait for a cold snap and they go away. I hate
pesticides of any kind and avoid them if I can.

Sherry

Sherry
July 18th 03, 02:22 PM
>My parents house gets those, too. My dad accidentally discovered that those
>crickets are attracted to the glue on duct tape. He puts strips around the
>edges of the basement floor sticky-side up and they go right to it and get
>stuck and he then disposes of them. That's all they've had to use for those
>ugly creepy bugs.

Oh, ugh. I'd forgotten about cricket season. It's late Aug.-Sept. for us.
Hordes of big black crickets, so many you have to get a broom and sweep them
away from the door before you open it. Enough of them manage to get in the
house the cats get bored withh him them and ignore them. Fortunately, they are
mostly outside, so we just wait for a cold snap and they go away. I hate
pesticides of any kind and avoid them if I can.

Sherry

Lar
July 18th 03, 02:53 PM
In article >,
-0 says...
:) Hi. I haven't used a pesticide in years, but am getting frustrated to the
:) point that I feel I need to find a solution.
:)
:)
The insecticides in foggers won't have a residual so
they only will be good as a contact kill. The best
solution to clean them out would be to have the space
under the house lightly dusted with an insecticidal dust
such as a product from ECOPCO though Drione or
Deltadust will give quicker results. And if you don't
want an insecticide on the basement floor, place glue
boards around the baseboard.
--
We child proofed our home,
but they are still getting in.

Lar. (to e-mail, get rid of the BUGS!!

Lar
July 18th 03, 02:53 PM
In article >,
-0 says...
:) Hi. I haven't used a pesticide in years, but am getting frustrated to the
:) point that I feel I need to find a solution.
:)
:)
The insecticides in foggers won't have a residual so
they only will be good as a contact kill. The best
solution to clean them out would be to have the space
under the house lightly dusted with an insecticidal dust
such as a product from ECOPCO though Drione or
Deltadust will give quicker results. And if you don't
want an insecticide on the basement floor, place glue
boards around the baseboard.
--
We child proofed our home,
but they are still getting in.

Lar. (to e-mail, get rid of the BUGS!!

July 18th 03, 03:45 PM
geckos. we got geckos and anoles and they both eat crickets like crazy. Ingrid

"Betsy" -0> wrote:

>Hi. I haven't used a pesticide in years, but am getting frustrated to the
>point that I feel I need to find a solution.
>
>My basement is infested with camel crickets. I've tried a Bioganics spray,
>which works, but the level of the infestation is well beyond that at this
>point. Thousands of little tiny baby crickets have just hatched and I'm not
>only grossed out, I am worried about what will happen when they grow to full
>size. It will then be at the biblical plague level!
>
>So, a google search of "safe + pesticide" yielded little only poisonous
>pesticides. Does anybody have any links or suggestions where I might find
>relatively safe foggers for use in the basement?
>
>Thanks for your help.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.

"Betsy" -0> wrote:

>Hi. I haven't used a pesticide in years, but am getting frustrated to the
>point that I feel I need to find a solution.
>
>My basement is infested with camel crickets. I've tried a Bioganics spray,
>which works, but the level of the infestation is well beyond that at this
>point. Thousands of little tiny baby crickets have just hatched and I'm not
>only grossed out, I am worried about what will happen when they grow to full
>size. It will then be at the biblical plague level!
>
>So, a google search of "safe + pesticide" yielded little only poisonous
>pesticides. Does anybody have any links or suggestions where I might find
>relatively safe foggers for use in the basement?
>
>Thanks for your help.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.

Cheryl
July 18th 03, 09:57 PM
"Sherry " > wrote in message

> Oh, ugh. I'd forgotten about cricket season. It's late Aug.-Sept.
for us.
> Hordes of big black crickets, so many you have to get a broom and
sweep them
> away from the door before you open it.

Ick. Talk about plague proportions. I never see any; I guess I don't
get enough for Shamrock to get bored with them.

Enough of them manage to get in the
> house the cats get bored withh him them and ignore them.
Fortunately, they are
> mostly outside, so we just wait for a cold snap and they go away. I
hate
> pesticides of any kind and avoid them if I can.
>
> Sherry

Do you get those camel crickets? They are one of the grossest things
I've seen because they look like a huge spider. Their hopping is very
irratic and they could be going one way, the next hop they're coming
right at you or even on you. Blech. I just don't like bugs, period.
I don't care what people say about the whole balance of the ecosystem
(not that I go out of my way to destroy all bugs, just the ones that
get in my house) I could live without all of them. :)

Cheryl
July 18th 03, 09:57 PM