PDA

View Full Version : I love dogs but this ng is for cats. Pls do not post about dogs here.

Kuisse0002
July 19th 03, 10:12 AM
Am I wrong is requesting this. I mainly want to read about cats unless its a
news alert to pet owners of course. But please do not post about dogs here.

Rona Yuthasastrakosol
July 19th 03, 12:54 PM
"Kuisse0002" > wrote in message
> Am I wrong is requesting this. I mainly want to read about cats unless its
> news alert to pet owners of course. But please do not post about dogs
here.

Seeing as I have just posted something about my dog...

I don't think *any* posting about a dog is irrelevant. I had mentioned a
specific experience involving my dog that was directly related to the
question being asked. One could easily substitute 'cat' for 'dog' in my
post and the experience could still apply.

A newsgroup that only sticks to the topic of that group is very rare. It's
a good thing you're not part of rec.food.cooking. There are days when maybe
only 50% of the posts (if that) are on-topic so you would probably find it
very frustrating. Plus you'd have been flamed for the rest of your rfc life
for suggesting they change :-). (I do love rfc, though.)

rona

Rona Yuthasastrakosol
July 19th 03, 12:54 PM
"Kuisse0002" > wrote in message
> Am I wrong is requesting this. I mainly want to read about cats unless its
> news alert to pet owners of course. But please do not post about dogs
here.

Seeing as I have just posted something about my dog...

I don't think *any* posting about a dog is irrelevant. I had mentioned a
specific experience involving my dog that was directly related to the
question being asked. One could easily substitute 'cat' for 'dog' in my
post and the experience could still apply.

A newsgroup that only sticks to the topic of that group is very rare. It's
a good thing you're not part of rec.food.cooking. There are days when maybe
only 50% of the posts (if that) are on-topic so you would probably find it
very frustrating. Plus you'd have been flamed for the rest of your rfc life
for suggesting they change :-). (I do love rfc, though.)

rona

Cathy Friedmann
July 19th 03, 03:26 PM
"Kuisse0002" > wrote in message
> Am I wrong is requesting this. I mainly want to read about cats unless its
> news alert to pet owners of course. But please do not post about dogs
here.

Sometimes someone here will incl. a post about dogs - for a good reason.
But then there's the (idiot) Puppywizard who x-posts like crazy from the dog
ngs, & replies to him are also x-posted. Putting them in your killfile
should help.

Cathy

("The Boy in the Bubble") Paul Simon

Cathy Friedmann
July 19th 03, 03:26 PM
"Kuisse0002" > wrote in message
> Am I wrong is requesting this. I mainly want to read about cats unless its
> news alert to pet owners of course. But please do not post about dogs
here.

Sometimes someone here will incl. a post about dogs - for a good reason.
But then there's the (idiot) Puppywizard who x-posts like crazy from the dog
ngs, & replies to him are also x-posted. Putting them in your killfile
should help.

Cathy

("The Boy in the Bubble") Paul Simon

The Avocado Avenger
July 19th 03, 05:34 PM
(Kuisse0002) writes:

>Am I wrong is requesting this. I mainly want to read about cats unless its a
>news alert to pet owners of course. But please do not post about dogs here.

You mean Puppy Wizard? He's probably been run out of the dog groups and
has to come to other groups for attention. I would like to think he'd
shrivel up and blow away but I may just be overly optimistic.

* * *
Stacia * * http://world.std.com/~stacia/
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death
your right to say it." - Evelyn Beatrice Hall

The Avocado Avenger
July 19th 03, 05:34 PM
(Kuisse0002) writes:

>Am I wrong is requesting this. I mainly want to read about cats unless its a
>news alert to pet owners of course. But please do not post about dogs here.

You mean Puppy Wizard? He's probably been run out of the dog groups and
has to come to other groups for attention. I would like to think he'd
shrivel up and blow away but I may just be overly optimistic.

* * *
Stacia * * http://world.std.com/~stacia/
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death
your right to say it." - Evelyn Beatrice Hall

Karen M.
July 19th 03, 07:28 PM
Kuisse0002 wrote:
> Am I wrong is requesting this. I mainly want to read about cats unless its a
> news alert to pet owners of course. But please do not post about dogs here.

Sorry, if you're talking about my post (Horrible News on the Homefront).
Just wanted to point out yet another sicko in our society. Like most
here don't already know! ;)

Karen

Karen M.
July 19th 03, 07:28 PM
Kuisse0002 wrote:
> Am I wrong is requesting this. I mainly want to read about cats unless its a
> news alert to pet owners of course. But please do not post about dogs here.

Sorry, if you're talking about my post (Horrible News on the Homefront).
Just wanted to point out yet another sicko in our society. Like most
here don't already know! ;)

Karen

Joe Canuck
July 19th 03, 08:06 PM
Kuisse0002 wrote:
> Am I wrong is requesting this. I mainly want to read about cats unless its a
> news alert to pet owners of course. But please do not post about dogs here.

You'd be complaining about the poster "The Puppy Wizard".

That poster *must* be posting from the insane asylum... I don't know how
anyone else could possibly carry on like that.

Best policy is to not pay any attention to the troll... don't feed it...
don't stroke it... don't chastize it.

Ignore it... and eventually it will see it is not getting any attention
and will seek it elsewhere.

--
"Its the bugs that keep it running."
-Joe Canuck

Joe Canuck
July 19th 03, 08:06 PM
Kuisse0002 wrote:
> Am I wrong is requesting this. I mainly want to read about cats unless its a
> news alert to pet owners of course. But please do not post about dogs here.

You'd be complaining about the poster "The Puppy Wizard".

That poster *must* be posting from the insane asylum... I don't know how
anyone else could possibly carry on like that.

Best policy is to not pay any attention to the troll... don't feed it...
don't stroke it... don't chastize it.

Ignore it... and eventually it will see it is not getting any attention
and will seek it elsewhere.

--
"Its the bugs that keep it running."
-Joe Canuck

July 19th 03, 08:21 PM
Cathy Friedmann > wrote:

> "Kuisse0002" > wrote in message
>> Am I wrong is requesting this. I mainly want to read about cats unless its
>> news alert to pet owners of course. But please do not post about dogs
> here.
>
> Sometimes someone here will incl. a post about dogs - for a good reason.
> But then there's the (idiot) Puppywizard who x-posts like crazy from the dog
> ngs, & replies to him are also x-posted. Putting them in your killfile
> should help.

Yeah, the only thing that can be done about jerry is killfile him. if you
can find a way to killfile any post with a certain word.. killfile any
with the word HOWE in it, it's his trademark.

Alice

--
The root cause of problems is simple overpopulation. People just aren't
worth very much any more, and they know it. Makes 'em testy. ...Bev
|,4- ) )-,_..;\ ( `'-'
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) Cat by Felix Lee.

July 19th 03, 08:21 PM
Cathy Friedmann > wrote:

> "Kuisse0002" > wrote in message
>> Am I wrong is requesting this. I mainly want to read about cats unless its
>> news alert to pet owners of course. But please do not post about dogs
> here.
>
> Sometimes someone here will incl. a post about dogs - for a good reason.
> But then there's the (idiot) Puppywizard who x-posts like crazy from the dog
> ngs, & replies to him are also x-posted. Putting them in your killfile
> should help.

Yeah, the only thing that can be done about jerry is killfile him. if you
can find a way to killfile any post with a certain word.. killfile any
with the word HOWE in it, it's his trademark.

Alice

--
The root cause of problems is simple overpopulation. People just aren't
worth very much any more, and they know it. Makes 'em testy. ...Bev
|\ _,,,---,,_ Tigress
/,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ http://havoc.gtf.gatech.edu/tigress
|,4- ) )-,_..;\ ( `'-'
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) Cat by Felix Lee.

Outsider
July 20th 03, 01:58 PM
wrote in :

> Cathy Friedmann > wrote:
>>
>> "Kuisse0002" > wrote in message
>>> Am I wrong is requesting this. I mainly want to read about cats
>>> unless its
>>> news alert to pet owners of course. But please do not post about
>>> dogs
>> here.
>>
>> Sometimes someone here will incl. a post about dogs - for a good
>> reason. But then there's the (idiot) Puppywizard who x-posts like
>> crazy from the dog ngs, & replies to him are also x-posted. Putting
>> them in your killfile should help.
>
> Yeah, the only thing that can be done about jerry is killfile him. if
> you can find a way to killfile any post with a certain word.. killfile
> any with the word HOWE in it, it's his trademark.
>
> Alice

Puppy whiz is the only poster I EVER killfiled. I agree he may be posting
from the "hatch" as his posts read like random word strings!

Andy

Outsider
July 20th 03, 01:58 PM