PDA

View Full Version : Re: Yowie

Yowie
August 18th 03, 03:08 AM
"Sherry " > wrote in message
> >Its Autumn, but thats a better time than in the middle of summer or
middle
> >of winter. I won't be a waddling hippo through the heat of summer, and
> >hopefully "she" will sleep through before the winter nights really catch
on.

> You won't be a waddling hippo in any season. You are, and will be,
incredibly
> beautiful.
> I'm so excited for you. When my first was born, it was like being a child
all
> over again; discovering toys and cartoons and dolls and going to the zoo
and
> picnics and kite-flying and pretty bows in ponytails and learning to read
all
> over again. It's a rollercoaster, but geez, what a ride. I just can't wait
> hear about it.

Joel's already looking forward to the tonka trucks and tin soldiers again. I
remind him that it isn't necessarily a son. He doens't care, as long as he
gets to play woth tonka trucks and tin soldiers again :-)

I don't mind which flavour I'm baking, although I am hoping that if its a
girl, she's a tomboy. I'm not sure I'll understand a frilly pretty girly
girl at all. I spent most of my childhood years playing with tonka trucks
and climbing the trees higher than the boys. Yes, now I know that they let
me only because they could get to see my knickers, but I thought I made a
pretty darn good boy for a girl back then.

Yowie

Tanada
August 18th 03, 06:36 PM
Yowie wrote:

> Joel's already looking forward to the tonka trucks and tin soldiers again. I
> remind him that it isn't necessarily a son. He doens't care, as long as he
> gets to play woth tonka trucks and tin soldiers again :-)
>
> I don't mind which flavour I'm baking, although I am hoping that if its a
> girl, she's a tomboy. I'm not sure I'll understand a frilly pretty girly
> girl at all. I spent most of my childhood years playing with tonka trucks
> and climbing the trees higher than the boys. Yes, now I know that they let
> me only because they could get to see my knickers, but I thought I made a
> pretty darn good boy for a girl back then.
>
> Yowie

Let Joel buy the tonka trucks and duplo blocks. Even if she's a girly
girl, she'll still play with them. I wanted Mandy to be more feminine,
but Rob had a fit every time I bought her a doll. She still has (and
jealously guards) the stuffed animal collection from h*ll, but she
always preferred the boys' stuff along with some of the more animal
oriented of the girl stuff.

Pam S.

Alan Erskine
April 4th 04, 09:19 AM
You guys and girls are worse than expectant fathers! Relax....

--
Alan Erskine
We can get people to the Moon in five years,

JP Hobbs
April 5th 04, 11:13 AM
Five yrs to get to the moon? its not gonna take Cary that long is it?
Oh sorry I was still wrapped in the waiting game Jean.P.wating
with bated breath.