PDA

View Full Version : Please can someone advise

Martina
July 20th 03, 04:53 PM
Hello All
I new to this group,and have found a lot of the information on here
very helpfully and has given me something to think about,
I have three cats two male and one female
one of the male cats Silvester is not well at the moment he has been
sick twice yesterday and today ( that i know of ) which is green and
he lets out a cry just before
the weather has been very hot here in the UK these lasts few day up in
the 90 F great for some us humans but not if you're wearing a fur coat
all day <G>
I will be taking Silvester to the vets hopefully tomorrow but I
wondered if anyone here has any ideas what could be the matter he is
off his food and not drinking either which I find very worry in this
weather, He is asleep at the moment in his favorite room and I have
the electric fan on which is keeping the room cool

martina

Karen M.
July 20th 03, 06:23 PM
Martina,

Hi. Maybe a digestive tract issue? How long has Sylvester not been
eating or drinking? Especially in the heat, not drinking could be
dangerous. Maybe try some tuna water? Is there another vet in the area
that could see him today? Good luck. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Karen

Martina wrote:
> Hello All
> I new to this group,and have found a lot of the information on here
> very helpfully and has given me something to think about,
> I have three cats two male and one female
> one of the male cats Silvester is not well at the moment he has been
> sick twice yesterday and today ( that i know of ) which is green and
> he lets out a cry just before
> the weather has been very hot here in the UK these lasts few day up in
> the 90 F great for some us humans but not if you're wearing a fur coat
> all day <G>
> I will be taking Silvester to the vets hopefully tomorrow but I
> wondered if anyone here has any ideas what could be the matter he is
> off his food and not drinking either which I find very worry in this
> weather, He is asleep at the moment in his favorite room and I have
> the electric fan on which is keeping the room cool
>
> martina

Martina
July 20th 03, 07:12 PM
On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 10:23:21 -0700, "Karen M."
> wrote:

>Martina,
>
>Hi. Maybe a digestive tract issue? How long has Sylvester not been
>eating or drinking? Especially in the heat, not drinking could be
>dangerous. Maybe try some tuna water? Is there another vet in the area
>that could see him today? Good luck. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
>
>Karen
Thank you Karen for your reply

Luckily I have just managed to get some water down him
I remember how from a vets tv programme I watched a small lamb who
wasn't feeding from its mother, so to get him interested they poured
gently of cause some mothers milk into the side of the mouth
so I tried that with sylvester just a teaspoon of water and he hasnt
stopped licking his mouth since. will do it again soon as i don't
want him to drink to much as it might t make him sick again

Martina

Martina
July 20th 03, 07:12 PM
On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 10:23:21 -0700, "Karen M."
> wrote:

>Martina,
>
>Hi. Maybe a digestive tract issue? How long has Sylvester not been
>eating or drinking? Especially in the heat, not drinking could be
>dangerous. Maybe try some tuna water? Is there another vet in the area
>that could see him today? Good luck. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
>
>Karen
Thank you Karen for your reply

Luckily I have just managed to get some water down him
I remember how from a vets tv programme I watched a small lamb who
wasn't feeding from its mother, so to get him interested they poured
gently of cause some mothers milk into the side of the mouth
so I tried that with sylvester just a teaspoon of water and he hasnt
stopped licking his mouth since. will do it again soon as i don't
want him to drink to much as it might t make him sick again

Martina

Karen M.
July 21st 03, 05:36 PM
Martina > wrote in message >...
> On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 10:23:21 -0700, "Karen M."
> > wrote:
>
> >Martina,
> >
> >Hi. Maybe a digestive tract issue? How long has Sylvester not been
> >eating or drinking? Especially in the heat, not drinking could be
> >dangerous. Maybe try some tuna water? Is there another vet in the area
> >that could see him today? Good luck. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
> >
> >Karen
> Thank you Karen for your reply
>
> Luckily I have just managed to get some water down him
> I remember how from a vets tv programme I watched a small lamb who
> wasn't feeding from its mother, so to get him interested they poured
> gently of cause some mothers milk into the side of the mouth
> so I tried that with sylvester just a teaspoon of water and he hasnt
> stopped licking his mouth since. will do it again soon as i don't
> want him to drink to much as it might t make him sick again
>
> Martina

We used to soak our fingers in the milk and have our calves and lambs
suck on them if they were having trouble with bottle feeding (I grew
up on a farm). I hope kitty is doing a little better. Let us know how
the vet appointment went! :)

Karen

Karen M.
July 21st 03, 05:36 PM
Martina > wrote in message >...
> On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 10:23:21 -0700, "Karen M."
> > wrote:
>
> >Martina,
> >
> >Hi. Maybe a digestive tract issue? How long has Sylvester not been
> >eating or drinking? Especially in the heat, not drinking could be
> >dangerous. Maybe try some tuna water? Is there another vet in the area
> >that could see him today? Good luck. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
> >
> >Karen
> Thank you Karen for your reply
>
> Luckily I have just managed to get some water down him
> I remember how from a vets tv programme I watched a small lamb who
> wasn't feeding from its mother, so to get him interested they poured
> gently of cause some mothers milk into the side of the mouth
> so I tried that with sylvester just a teaspoon of water and he hasnt
> stopped licking his mouth since. will do it again soon as i don't
> want him to drink to much as it might t make him sick again
>
> Martina

We used to soak our fingers in the milk and have our calves and lambs
suck on them if they were having trouble with bottle feeding (I grew
up on a farm). I hope kitty is doing a little better. Let us know how
the vet appointment went! :)

Karen

Martina
July 21st 03, 10:05 PM
On 21 Jul 2003 09:36:20 -0700, (Karen M.)
wrote:

>We used to soak our fingers in the milk and have our calves and lambs
>suck on them if they were having trouble with bottle feeding (I grew
>up on a farm). I hope kitty is doing a little better. Let us know how
>the vet appointment went! :)

Hi Karen

Sylvester is a lot better we didn't need to take him to the vets. as
it turn out about 10 pm last night I tried him with a little bit of
tuna and after a little while he wanted more I didn't give him to much
the good news is he kept it down
this morning he was waiting for me in the kitchen crying for his
breakfast
To night he is running around like a kitten
he is also happy because my son has just come back from his holidays (
a week in spain)
Sylvester and Lee are great friends