PDA

View Full Version : Bet YOUR kitten's never done this!

Messalina
July 22nd 03, 09:40 PM
We adopted two kittens several weeks ago. One handsome snowshoe named
Hiro, one lovely tortie named Lola. Mostly I'm finding that having
each other to drag around and pounce on keeps them out of trouble.
Mostly.

They do the usually "nighttime is playtime" thing, no big deal. Last
night, however, was a new one on me. At 2:30am, I awoke to the sound
of my hairdryer running. The kittens had not only managed to knock my
dryer from its place, they managed to turn it on in the process.

Mez

MGW
July 22nd 03, 11:28 PM
On 22 Jul 2003 13:40:28 -0700, (Messalina)
wrote:

>They do the usually "nighttime is playtime" thing, no big deal. Last
>night, however, was a new one on me. At 2:30am, I awoke to the sound
>of my hairdryer running. The kittens had not only managed to knock my
>dryer from its place, they managed to turn it on in the process.

No, mine prefer to let their hair dry naturally ;^)

wrote:

>They do the usually "nighttime is playtime" thing, no big deal. Last
>night, however, was a new one on me. At 2:30am, I awoke to the sound
>of my hairdryer running. The kittens had not only managed to knock my
>dryer from its place, they managed to turn it on in the process.

No, mine prefer to let their hair dry naturally ;^)

Cheryl
July 23rd 03, 01:38 AM
"Messalina" > wrote in message
om...
> We adopted two kittens several weeks ago. One handsome snowshoe
named
> Hiro, one lovely tortie named Lola. Mostly I'm finding that having
> each other to drag around and pounce on keeps them out of trouble.
> Mostly.
>
> They do the usually "nighttime is playtime" thing, no big deal.
Last
> night, however, was a new one on me. At 2:30am, I awoke to the
sound
> of my hairdryer running. The kittens had not only managed to knock
my
> dryer from its place, they managed to turn it on in the process.
>
> Mez

LOL That would scare me! A friend of mine came home to find her
garbage disposal running (water was off) and it ran so long that the
motor was burning out when she got home. After that she had to tape
the wall switch in the off position. :)

Cheryl
July 23rd 03, 01:38 AM
"Messalina" > wrote in message
om...
> We adopted two kittens several weeks ago. One handsome snowshoe
named
> Hiro, one lovely tortie named Lola. Mostly I'm finding that having
> each other to drag around and pounce on keeps them out of trouble.
> Mostly.
>
> They do the usually "nighttime is playtime" thing, no big deal.
Last
> night, however, was a new one on me. At 2:30am, I awoke to the
sound
> of my hairdryer running. The kittens had not only managed to knock
my
> dryer from its place, they managed to turn it on in the process.
>
> Mez

LOL That would scare me! A friend of mine came home to find her
garbage disposal running (water was off) and it ran so long that the
motor was burning out when she got home. After that she had to tape
the wall switch in the off position. :)

Lainie
July 23rd 03, 08:57 AM
"Cheryl" > wrote in message >...
> "Messalina" > wrote in message
> om...
> > We adopted two kittens several weeks ago. One handsome snowshoe
> named
> > Hiro, one lovely tortie named Lola. Mostly I'm finding that having
> > each other to drag around and pounce on keeps them out of trouble.
> > Mostly.
> >
> > They do the usually "nighttime is playtime" thing, no big deal.
> Last
> > night, however, was a new one on me. At 2:30am, I awoke to the
> sound
> > of my hairdryer running. The kittens had not only managed to knock
> my
> > dryer from its place, they managed to turn it on in the process.
> >
> > Mez
>
> LOL That would scare me! A friend of mine came home to find her
> garbage disposal running (water was off) and it ran so long that the
> motor was burning out when she got home. After that she had to tape
> the wall switch in the off position. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mez:

I imagined you must have had quite a laugh over your kittens
anecdotes!! Although my kittens have never turned on the garbage
disposal or turned on the hairdryer, they enjoy getting themselves
trapped in boxes and bags!! I woke up one morning to find my 14pounds
tabby stumbling around with a kleenex box on his head!! The poor cat
has a fetish with bags and boxes and will try to get into any that he
sees (not knowing of course that he is no longer the little 2 pound
kitten that he use to be). I have to be extra careful now to make sure
nothing lies around in the house for the mischevious little thing to
get into.!!

Lainie

Lainie
July 23rd 03, 08:57 AM
"Cheryl" > wrote in message >...
> "Messalina" > wrote in message
> om...
> > We adopted two kittens several weeks ago. One handsome snowshoe
> named
> > Hiro, one lovely tortie named Lola. Mostly I'm finding that having
> > each other to drag around and pounce on keeps them out of trouble.
> > Mostly.
> >
> > They do the usually "nighttime is playtime" thing, no big deal.
> Last
> > night, however, was a new one on me. At 2:30am, I awoke to the
> sound
> > of my hairdryer running. The kittens had not only managed to knock
> my
> > dryer from its place, they managed to turn it on in the process.
> >
> > Mez
>
> LOL That would scare me! A friend of mine came home to find her
> garbage disposal running (water was off) and it ran so long that the
> motor was burning out when she got home. After that she had to tape
> the wall switch in the off position. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mez:

I imagined you must have had quite a laugh over your kittens
anecdotes!! Although my kittens have never turned on the garbage
disposal or turned on the hairdryer, they enjoy getting themselves
trapped in boxes and bags!! I woke up one morning to find my 14pounds
tabby stumbling around with a kleenex box on his head!! The poor cat
has a fetish with bags and boxes and will try to get into any that he
sees (not knowing of course that he is no longer the little 2 pound
kitten that he use to be). I have to be extra careful now to make sure
nothing lies around in the house for the mischevious little thing to
get into.!!

Lainie

Matt
July 23rd 03, 09:06 AM
My Tomcat used to love to flush the toilet and watch the water go down
sometimes ten times in a row until we blocked the switch.....

Matt
July 23rd 03, 09:06 AM
My Tomcat used to love to flush the toilet and watch the water go down
sometimes ten times in a row until we blocked the switch.....

*~*SooZy*~*
July 23rd 03, 09:31 AM
"Matt" > wrote in message
om...
> My Tomcat used to love to flush the toilet and watch the water go down
> sometimes ten times in a row until we blocked the switch.....

that's brilliant LOL

*~*SooZy*~*
July 23rd 03, 09:31 AM
"Matt" > wrote in message
om...
> My Tomcat used to love to flush the toilet and watch the water go down
> sometimes ten times in a row until we blocked the switch.....

that's brilliant LOL

dgk
July 23rd 03, 03:53 PM
On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 05:22:22 GMT, wombn >
wrote:

>On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 23:18:44 -0400, MGW > wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 20:38:31 -0400, "Cheryl" >
>>wrote:
>>
>>>LOL That would scare me! A friend of mine came home to find her
>>>garbage disposal running (water was off) and it ran so long that the
>>>motor was burning out when she got home. After that she had to tape
>>>the wall switch in the off position. :)

I used to live in an apartment with a gas stove that had very easy to
turn knobs. I had to remove all the knobs, just leaving the stubs, so
that the cats wouldn't accidently turn on the burners. The stove I
have now has knobs that are much harder to turn, maybe you even have
to push them in a bit first. The stove doesn't have pilot lights,
which I am very happy about.

wrote:

>On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 23:18:44 -0400, MGW > wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 20:38:31 -0400, "Cheryl" >
>>wrote:
>>
>>>LOL That would scare me! A friend of mine came home to find her
>>>garbage disposal running (water was off) and it ran so long that the
>>>motor was burning out when she got home. After that she had to tape
>>>the wall switch in the off position. :)

I used to live in an apartment with a gas stove that had very easy to
turn knobs. I had to remove all the knobs, just leaving the stubs, so
that the cats wouldn't accidently turn on the burners. The stove I
have now has knobs that are much harder to turn, maybe you even have
to push them in a bit first. The stove doesn't have pilot lights,
which I am very happy about.

Messalina
July 23rd 03, 08:50 PM
(Matt) wrote in message >...
> My Tomcat used to love to flush the toilet and watch the water go down
> sometimes ten times in a row until we blocked the switch.....

I understand that this is the main problem with teaching cats to use
the toilet. Flushing becomes a very popular game.

Mez

Messalina
July 23rd 03, 08:50 PM
(Matt) wrote in message >...
> My Tomcat used to love to flush the toilet and watch the water go down
> sometimes ten times in a row until we blocked the switch.....

I understand that this is the main problem with teaching cats to use
the toilet. Flushing becomes a very popular game.

Mez

Cap'n Stinky
July 24th 03, 09:18 PM
(Messalina) wrote in message >...
> We adopted two kittens several weeks ago. One handsome snowshoe named
> Hiro, one lovely tortie named Lola. Mostly I'm finding that having
> each other to drag around and pounce on keeps them out of trouble.
> Mostly.
>
> They do the usually "nighttime is playtime" thing, no big deal. Last
> night, however, was a new one on me. At 2:30am, I awoke to the sound
> of my hairdryer running. The kittens had not only managed to knock my
> dryer from its place, they managed to turn it on in the process.
>
> Mez

I had a cat that figured out how to open doors using doorknobs. She
would fiddle with the nob until it opened. But one time she fiddled
with the nob in such a way that she locked the door. She was locked in
a room and there was no way for us to get in as the keys were in the
room with her. We had to call a locksmith to get her out.

In another apartment, the cat learned to open the front door by
leaping up and hitting the latch while pushing the door with her feet
all in one motion. But she'd never close the door after she came
through so we had to start locking it. We'd hear her hurling herself
at the door for hours trying to open it instead of just using the open
back window. Stubborn cat.

Cap'n Stinky
July 24th 03, 09:18 PM