PDA

View Full Version : Aggressive Kitty w/older cat

Fred
July 23rd 03, 03:10 AM
I have a 1-1/2 year old, female blue russian cat. She is very mild
manner and friendly.

I also have a 9 week old, female siamease kitten. She is somewhat
aggressive and has a big appetite.

How do I keep the kitten from eating the older cat's food. I'm afraid
the older cat isn't getting enough food since the younger cats seems
to keep her away from her food. We have the kittens food upstairs and
the older cat's food downstairs. Everytime we see her eating the
wrong food we take her up to her food and she starts eating but we are
not home during the day.

The cats seem to get along and play together but the kitten is already
turning into the alpha cat.

thanks
Fred

Karen Chuplis
July 23rd 03, 03:56 AM
in article , Fred at
wrote on 7/22/03 9:10 PM:

> I have a 1-1/2 year old, female blue russian cat. She is very mild
> manner and friendly.
>
> I also have a 9 week old, female siamease kitten. She is somewhat
> aggressive and has a big appetite.
>
> How do I keep the kitten from eating the older cat's food. I'm afraid
> the older cat isn't getting enough food since the younger cats seems
> to keep her away from her food. We have the kittens food upstairs and
> the older cat's food downstairs. Everytime we see her eating the
> wrong food we take her up to her food and she starts eating but we are
> not home during the day.
>
> The cats seem to get along and play together but the kitten is already
> turning into the alpha cat.
>
> thanks
> Fred

The only advice I can offer is set feeding times.

Karen

Karen Chuplis
July 23rd 03, 03:56 AM
in article , Fred at