PDA

View Full Version : What is he doing?

SongSylvan
July 24th 03, 04:21 AM
Lately Chase has taken to coming to me with one of the cats' toys in his mouth,
yowling the entire time. He'll find me and drop it at my feet. I thought
maybe he wanted to play fetch with them, the way Paintball does, but if I throw
them, he doesn't chase after them. He just stares at me. If he doesn't want
to play, then what does he want?

Magdalene
IWG #1024/Drill Sgt. of Local 35/Soiled Doves of Colorado
IFoRP # 57/First Mate of "The Flying Scotsman"
KC MasterPiece of the KCRF BBQ Wenches
One of Moonie's Naughty Kittens
Red Gemini Ghetto Smurf
To email me, remove my bodice

MGW
July 24th 03, 04:43 AM
On 24 Jul 2003 03:21:01 GMT, (SongSylvan)
wrote:

>Lately Chase has taken to coming to me with one of the cats' toys in his mouth,
>yowling the entire time. He'll find me and drop it at my feet. I thought
>maybe he wanted to play fetch with them, the way Paintball does, but if I throw
>them, he doesn't chase after them. He just stares at me. If he doesn't want
>to play, then what does he want?

He's giving you presents. You're supposed to "ooh" and "aah" and tell
him he's a mighty hunter and give him a good petting.

wrote:

>Lately Chase has taken to coming to me with one of the cats' toys in his mouth,
>yowling the entire time. He'll find me and drop it at my feet. I thought
>maybe he wanted to play fetch with them, the way Paintball does, but if I throw
>them, he doesn't chase after them. He just stares at me. If he doesn't want
>to play, then what does he want?

He's giving you presents. You're supposed to "ooh" and "aah" and tell
him he's a mighty hunter and give him a good petting.

MaryL
July 24th 03, 12:27 PM
"SongSylvan" > wrote in message
> Lately Chase has taken to coming to me with one of the cats' toys in his
mouth,
> yowling the entire time. He'll find me and drop it at my feet. I thought
> maybe he wanted to play fetch with them, the way Paintball does, but if I
throw
> them, he doesn't chase after them. He just stares at me. If he doesn't
want
> to play, then what does he want?
>

> Magdalene

Holly has done this every night for the last couple of months. The funny
thing is that it is always the same little red mouse. I finally realized
that these are "gifts" (fortunately, she hasn't found any of the "real
thing" to honor me), and I give her lots of petting and praise when she
deposits her gift at my feet.

MaryL

MaryL
July 24th 03, 12:27 PM
"SongSylvan" > wrote in message
> Lately Chase has taken to coming to me with one of the cats' toys in his
mouth,
> yowling the entire time. He'll find me and drop it at my feet. I thought
> maybe he wanted to play fetch with them, the way Paintball does, but if I
throw
> them, he doesn't chase after them. He just stares at me. If he doesn't
want
> to play, then what does he want?
>

> Magdalene

Holly has done this every night for the last couple of months. The funny
thing is that it is always the same little red mouse. I finally realized
that these are "gifts" (fortunately, she hasn't found any of the "real
thing" to honor me), and I give her lots of petting and praise when she
deposits her gift at my feet.

MaryL

Gail
July 24th 03, 02:55 PM
H caught the "prey" and is displaying it to you. He wants praise.
Gail
"SongSylvan" > wrote in message
> Lately Chase has taken to coming to me with one of the cats' toys in his
mouth,
> yowling the entire time. He'll find me and drop it at my feet. I thought
> maybe he wanted to play fetch with them, the way Paintball does, but if I
throw
> them, he doesn't chase after them. He just stares at me. If he doesn't
want
> to play, then what does he want?
>

> Magdalene
> IWG #1024/Drill Sgt. of Local 35/Soiled Doves of Colorado
> IFoRP # 57/First Mate of "The Flying Scotsman"
> KC MasterPiece of the KCRF BBQ Wenches
> One of Moonie's Naughty Kittens
> Red Gemini Ghetto Smurf
> To email me, remove my bodice

Gail
July 24th 03, 02:55 PM
H caught the "prey" and is displaying it to you. He wants praise.
Gail
"SongSylvan" > wrote in message
> Lately Chase has taken to coming to me with one of the cats' toys in his
mouth,
> yowling the entire time. He'll find me and drop it at my feet. I thought
> maybe he wanted to play fetch with them, the way Paintball does, but if I
throw
> them, he doesn't chase after them. He just stares at me. If he doesn't
want
> to play, then what does he want?
>

> Magdalene
> IWG #1024/Drill Sgt. of Local 35/Soiled Doves of Colorado
> IFoRP # 57/First Mate of "The Flying Scotsman"
> KC MasterPiece of the KCRF BBQ Wenches
> One of Moonie's Naughty Kittens
> Red Gemini Ghetto Smurf
> To email me, remove my bodice

SongSylvan
July 24th 03, 04:42 PM
OK, I've been doing that, and Chase seems content...but Paintball comes running
up now because she sees the 'prey' and is looking at me with this, "C'mon, Mom,
throw it already!" expression! I have such weird cats.....LOL

Magdalene
IWG #1024/Drill Sgt. of Local 35/Soiled Doves of Colorado
IFoRP # 57/First Mate of "The Flying Scotsman"
KC MasterPiece of the KCRF BBQ Wenches
One of Moonie's Naughty Kittens
Red Gemini Ghetto Smurf
To email me, remove my bodice

SongSylvan
July 24th 03, 04:42 PM
OK, I've been doing that, and Chase seems content...but Paintball comes running
up now because she sees the 'prey' and is looking at me with this, "C'mon, Mom,
throw it already!" expression! I have such weird cats.....LOL

Magdalene
IWG #1024/Drill Sgt. of Local 35/Soiled Doves of Colorado
IFoRP # 57/First Mate of "The Flying Scotsman"
KC MasterPiece of the KCRF BBQ Wenches
One of Moonie's Naughty Kittens
Red Gemini Ghetto Smurf
To email me, remove my bodice

Priscilla Ballou
July 25th 03, 04:57 AM
In article >,
(SongSylvan) wrote:

> Lately Chase has taken to coming to me with one of the cats' toys in his
> mouth,
> yowling the entire time. He'll find me and drop it at my feet. I thought
> maybe he wanted to play fetch with them, the way Paintball does, but if I
> throw
> them, he doesn't chase after them. He just stares at me. If he doesn't want
> to play, then what does he want?

He wants to be praised. He's either bringing you fresh kill, to feed
you, or he's bringing you a helpless kitten. Either way, the proper
response is to make much of him and tell him he's a Good Boy (Mighty
Hunter or Good Daddy), with appropiate intonation and accompanying
petting.

Priscilla
--
Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum,