PDA

View Full Version : Follow-up question about canned cat food

Jerold Pearson
July 25th 03, 02:27 AM
Are there any advantages to canned food over dry food other than the extra
water? (Because I can easily add water to the dry food I feed my guys.)
Thanks.

JP

PawsForThought
July 25th 03, 04:16 AM
>From: Jerold Pearson

>Are there any advantages to canned food over dry food other than the extra
>water? (Because I can easily add water to the dry food I feed my guys.)

Canned food has less grains and is healthier for your cat. Here's a good
article that you might find helpful:

http://rocquoone.com/diet_and_health.htm

Lauren

________

PawsForThought
July 25th 03, 04:16 AM
>From: Jerold Pearson

>Are there any advantages to canned food over dry food other than the extra
>water? (Because I can easily add water to the dry food I feed my guys.)

Canned food has less grains and is healthier for your cat. Here's a good
article that you might find helpful:

http://rocquoone.com/diet_and_health.htm

Lauren

________

Arjun Ray
July 25th 03, 01:16 PM
In >, wombn
> wrote:

| what about their teeth? I'm assuming that wild cats' teeth are cleaned
| when they chew on bones, right?

No. The little known fact is that cats can't chew. Their dentition is
optimized for shearing flesh, and the anatomy is such that they can't
move their jaws side to side against each other (necessary for chewing),
only up and down like scissors.

http://www.maxshouse.com/feline_nutrition.htm

| And at least some dry food could help with that?

No. The crunching is just the instinctive shearing action of biting
into food. The kibble goes down the gullet in pieces, not crumbs. The
received wisdom is that absolutely fresh raw meat is best for teeth and
gum health. No surprise, there.

Arjun Ray
July 25th 03, 01:16 PM
In >, wombn
> wrote:

| what about their teeth? I'm assuming that wild cats' teeth are cleaned
| when they chew on bones, right?

No. The little known fact is that cats can't chew. Their dentition is
optimized for shearing flesh, and the anatomy is such that they can't
move their jaws side to side against each other (necessary for chewing),
only up and down like scissors.

http://www.maxshouse.com/feline_nutrition.htm

| And at least some dry food could help with that?

No. The crunching is just the instinctive shearing action of biting
into food. The kibble goes down the gullet in pieces, not crumbs. The
received wisdom is that absolutely fresh raw meat is best for teeth and
gum health. No surprise, there.

Phil P.
July 26th 03, 05:13 AM
"Arjun Ray" > wrote in message
> In >, wombn
> > wrote:
>
> | what about their teeth? I'm assuming that wild cats' teeth are cleaned
> | when they chew on bones, right?
>
> No. The little known fact is that cats can't chew. Their dentition is
> optimized for shearing flesh, and the anatomy is such that they can't
> move their jaws side to side against each other (necessary for chewing),
> only up and down like scissors.
>
> http://www.maxshouse.com/feline_nutrition.htm

Well saif. I couldn't have explained it better myself... ;)

Here's why cat's can't chew as in mastication:

http://maxshouse.com/anatomy/Dentary/Mandible-right-medial_view.jpg

Notice that the condyloid processes in cats are bar-shaped (like a door
hinge) - which allows them to hold struggling prey like a clamp - but the
shape also reduces rotary and lateral grinding movements. The condyloid
process humans is more ovate which allows rotary motion. Humans rarely
need to subdue struggling prey!

Phil.

Phil P.
July 26th 03, 05:13 AM
"Arjun Ray" > wrote in message
> In >, wombn
> > wrote:
>
> | what about their teeth? I'm assuming that wild cats' teeth are cleaned
> | when they chew on bones, right?
>
> No. The little known fact is that cats can't chew. Their dentition is
> optimized for shearing flesh, and the anatomy is such that they can't
> move their jaws side to side against each other (necessary for chewing),
> only up and down like scissors.
>
> http://www.maxshouse.com/feline_nutrition.htm

Well saif. I couldn't have explained it better myself... ;)

Here's why cat's can't chew as in mastication:

http://maxshouse.com/anatomy/Dentary/Mandible-right-medial_view.jpg

Notice that the condyloid processes in cats are bar-shaped (like a door
hinge) - which allows them to hold struggling prey like a clamp - but the
shape also reduces rotary and lateral grinding movements. The condyloid
process humans is more ovate which allows rotary motion. Humans rarely
need to subdue struggling prey!

Phil.

Phil P.
July 26th 03, 05:15 AM
"wombn" > wrote in message
> what about their teeth? I'm assuming that wild cats' teeth are
> cleaned when they chew on bones, right? And at least some dry food
> could help with that?

Regular dry food provides very little dental benefit in cats since they
don't actually chew in the sense of true mastication. For a dry food to
provide a significant dental benefit the nuggets must be large enough for
the cat to sink her teeth into but not brittle so they don't shatter.
There are only two feline dental diets that actually provide some dental
benefit -

Phil

Phil P.
July 26th 03, 05:15 AM
"wombn" > wrote in message
> what about their teeth? I'm assuming that wild cats' teeth are
> cleaned when they chew on bones, right? And at least some dry food
> could help with that?

Regular dry food provides very little dental benefit in cats since they
don't actually chew in the sense of true mastication. For a dry food to
provide a significant dental benefit the nuggets must be large enough for
the cat to sink her teeth into but not brittle so they don't shatter.
There are only two feline dental diets that actually provide some dental
benefit -

Phil

MGW
July 26th 03, 05:23 AM
On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 00:15:54 -0400, "Phil P." >
wrote:

>Regular dry food provides very little dental benefit in cats since they
>don't actually chew in the sense of true mastication. For a dry food to
>provide a significant dental benefit the nuggets must be large enough for
>the cat to sink her teeth into but not brittle so they don't shatter.
>There are only two feline dental diets that actually provide some dental
>benefit -

Which are they?

wrote:

>Regular dry food provides very little dental benefit in cats since they
>don't actually chew in the sense of true mastication. For a dry food to
>provide a significant dental benefit the nuggets must be large enough for
>the cat to sink her teeth into but not brittle so they don't shatter.
>There are only two feline dental diets that actually provide some dental
>benefit -

Which are they?

Jon C
July 26th 03, 05:32 AM
"MGW" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 00:15:54 -0400, "Phil P." >
> wrote:
>
> >Regular dry food provides very little dental benefit in cats since they
> >don't actually chew in the sense of true mastication. For a dry food to
> >provide a significant dental benefit the nuggets must be large enough for
> >the cat to sink her teeth into but not brittle so they don't shatter.
> >There are only two feline dental diets that actually provide some dental
> >benefit -
>
> Which are they?

I bet one is SD Oral Care..

Jon C
July 26th 03, 05:32 AM
"MGW" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 00:15:54 -0400, "Phil P." >
> wrote:
>
> >Regular dry food provides very little dental benefit in cats since they
> >don't actually chew in the sense of true mastication. For a dry food to
> >provide a significant dental benefit the nuggets must be large enough for
> >the cat to sink her teeth into but not brittle so they don't shatter.
> >There are only two feline dental diets that actually provide some dental
> >benefit -
>
> Which are they?

I bet one is SD Oral Care..

Phil P.
July 28th 03, 11:57 PM
"MGW" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 00:15:54 -0400, "Phil P." >
> wrote:
>
> >Regular dry food provides very little dental benefit in cats since they
> >don't actually chew in the sense of true mastication. For a dry food to
> >provide a significant dental benefit the nuggets must be large enough for
> >the cat to sink her teeth into but not brittle so they don't shatter.
> >There are only two feline dental diets that actually provide some dental
> >benefit -
>
> Which are they?

Friskies Dental Diet Feline and Hills t/d.

I should have included that in my previous post -- it must be the jet
lag.... and being knee deep in kittens...

Phil

Phil P.
July 28th 03, 11:57 PM
"MGW" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 00:15:54 -0400, "Phil P." >
> wrote:
>
> >Regular dry food provides very little dental benefit in cats since they
> >don't actually chew in the sense of true mastication. For a dry food to
> >provide a significant dental benefit the nuggets must be large enough for
> >the cat to sink her teeth into but not brittle so they don't shatter.
> >There are only two feline dental diets that actually provide some dental
> >benefit -
>
> Which are they?

Friskies Dental Diet Feline and Hills t/d.

I should have included that in my previous post -- it must be the jet
lag.... and being knee deep in kittens...

Phil

MGW
July 29th 03, 12:26 AM
On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 18:57:54 -0400, "Phil P." >
wrote:

>> >There are only two feline dental diets that actually provide some dental
>> >benefit -
>>
>> Which are they?
>
>Friskies Dental Diet Feline and Hills t/d.

So the Science Diet Oral Care doesn't provide dental benefit, even
though it's made by Hills?

wrote:

>> >There are only two feline dental diets that actually provide some dental
>> >benefit -
>>
>> Which are they?
>
>Friskies Dental Diet Feline and Hills t/d.

So the Science Diet Oral Care doesn't provide dental benefit, even
though it's made by Hills?

GAUBSTER2
July 29th 03, 05:39 AM

>>> Which are they?
>>
>>Friskies Dental Diet Feline and Hills t/d.
>
>So the Science Diet Oral Care doesn't provide dental benefit, even
>though it's made by Hills?

Yes, Oral Care is clinically proven to clean teeth and freshen breath (it is
similiar in concept to t/d although Oral Care isn't effective for periodontal
disease or gingivitis.)

GAUBSTER2
July 29th 03, 05:39 AM

>>> Which are they?
>>
>>Friskies Dental Diet Feline and Hills t/d.
>
>So the Science Diet Oral Care doesn't provide dental benefit, even
>though it's made by Hills?

Yes, Oral Care is clinically proven to clean teeth and freshen breath (it is
similiar in concept to t/d although Oral Care isn't effective for periodontal
disease or gingivitis.)

Edward
July 29th 03, 05:07 PM
"GAUBSTER2" wrote:
> >So the Science Diet Oral Care doesn't provide dental benefit, even
> >though it's made by Hills?
>
> Yes, Oral Care is clinically proven to clean teeth and freshen breath (it
is
> similiar in concept to t/d although Oral Care isn't effective for
periodontal
> disease or gingivitis.)

Marketing claims that diets "clean teeth" or "freshen breath" appeal to
consumers, but they are a bit ambiguous from a scientific point of view when
one wishes to compare diets. References to "dental benefit", or lack
thereof, without specific mention of what that entails can be similarly
vague. Therefore, it is important to note that the VOHC Seal is granted
only to those diets shown to reduce plaque and calculus accumulation by a
certain amount over a standardized dry diet control. (Theoretically,
reduction of plaque and calculus accumulation should lead to reduction of
periodontitis and gingivitis, however, measurement of those conditions are
not in the VOHC protocol.)

Cats fed dry diets generally do have less plaque accumulation than those fed
wet food, however, there are currently only three feline diets with the VOHC
Seal: Hills T/D, Friskies Dental Diet, and Science Diet Oral Care. This
does not mean that dry diets without the Seal have no dental benefit; it
only means that they have not been shown to reduce plaque and calculus
accumulation by a certain amount over a standardized dry diet control.
Regardless, when primarily concerned about pets' teeth, it almost always
makes much more sense to follow a proper home care regimen and see a
veterinarian for regular oral health evaluations and periodontal treatments.

Edward

Edward
July 29th 03, 05:07 PM
"GAUBSTER2" wrote:
> >So the Science Diet Oral Care doesn't provide dental benefit, even
> >though it's made by Hills?
>
> Yes, Oral Care is clinically proven to clean teeth and freshen breath (it
is
> similiar in concept to t/d although Oral Care isn't effective for
periodontal
> disease or gingivitis.)

Marketing claims that diets "clean teeth" or "freshen breath" appeal to
consumers, but they are a bit ambiguous from a scientific point of view when
one wishes to compare diets. References to "dental benefit", or lack
thereof, without specific mention of what that entails can be similarly
vague. Therefore, it is important to note that the VOHC Seal is granted
only to those diets shown to reduce plaque and calculus accumulation by a
certain amount over a standardized dry diet control. (Theoretically,
reduction of plaque and calculus accumulation should lead to reduction of
periodontitis and gingivitis, however, measurement of those conditions are
not in the VOHC protocol.)

Cats fed dry diets generally do have less plaque accumulation than those fed
wet food, however, there are currently only three feline diets with the VOHC
Seal: Hills T/D, Friskies Dental Diet, and Science Diet Oral Care. This
does not mean that dry diets without the Seal have no dental benefit; it
only means that they have not been shown to reduce plaque and calculus
accumulation by a certain amount over a standardized dry diet control.
Regardless, when primarily concerned about pets' teeth, it almost always
makes much more sense to follow a proper home care regimen and see a
veterinarian for regular oral health evaluations and periodontal treatments.

Edward

Phil P.
July 30th 03, 10:34 AM
"MGW" > wrote in message

> >> Which are they?
> >
> >Friskies Dental Diet Feline and Hills t/d.
>
> So the Science Diet Oral Care doesn't provide dental benefit, even
> though it's made by Hills?

Oops - I forgot about Oral Care.

I'm not a proponent of dental diets - I don't think the risks offset the
"benefits". Dental diets are higher in fiber - which reduces the energy
density of the diet by displacing protein, fat, and soluble carbohydrate -
which means the cat must eat more food to meet her energy needs and in doing
so, takes in more phosphorus and magnesium. Also, the cat must be a hefty
drinker and remain well hydrated to avoid impaction of the fiber in the
colon and also to keep urine volume high to reduce the concentration of
potentially calculogenic solutes in the urine.

It takes about 10 seconds to swab a cat's teeth with a Q Tip or a gauze
sponge dipped in normal saline and wrapped around a finger . IMO, dental
diets -- for cats -- is more a marketing gimmick (because people want them).
Next time you're in a pet store, see how many cat chew toys you see... ;)

Phil.

Phil P.
July 30th 03, 10:34 AM
"MGW" > wrote in message

> >> Which are they?
> >
> >Friskies Dental Diet Feline and Hills t/d.
>
> So the Science Diet Oral Care doesn't provide dental benefit, even
> though it's made by Hills?

Oops - I forgot about Oral Care.

I'm not a proponent of dental diets - I don't think the risks offset the
"benefits". Dental diets are higher in fiber - which reduces the energy
density of the diet by displacing protein, fat, and soluble carbohydrate -
which means the cat must eat more food to meet her energy needs and in doing
so, takes in more phosphorus and magnesium. Also, the cat must be a hefty
drinker and remain well hydrated to avoid impaction of the fiber in the
colon and also to keep urine volume high to reduce the concentration of
potentially calculogenic solutes in the urine.

It takes about 10 seconds to swab a cat's teeth with a Q Tip or a gauze
sponge dipped in normal saline and wrapped around a finger . IMO, dental
diets -- for cats -- is more a marketing gimmick (because people want them).
Next time you're in a pet store, see how many cat chew toys you see... ;)

Phil.

Phil P.
August 4th 03, 03:23 AM
"GAUBSTER2" > wrote in message
> > IMO, dental
> >diets -- for cats -- is more a marketing gimmick (because people want
them).

> SO you're saying that the Hill's diets DO NOT work?

No. I said "IMO, dental diets -- for cats -- is more a marketing gimmick",
didn't I? That's not the same as saying "Hill's diets DO NOT work", now.is
it? I think its more marketing than benefit.

The dental benefit of *any* dental diet for cats is minimal - much less than
dogs and not worth the trade off. Cats fed dental diets still have plaque
and calculus accumulations and periodontal disease and need professional
cleanings...

Because there is plenty of
> clinical evidence that would contradict your opinion.

Yeah, yeah, yeah -- I know all about the clinical studies... A lot of things
"work" - but at what expense to other areas of the body... Like I said, I
don't think the minimal dental benefit is worth the trade off - See my

The worst thing about dental diets is they give owners a false sense of
security - and make them feel that regular oral care isn't necessary. OTOH,
a dental diet is probably the only dental "care" some cats will ever get....

Phil P.
August 4th 03, 03:23 AM
"GAUBSTER2" > wrote in message
> > IMO, dental
> >diets -- for cats -- is more a marketing gimmick (because people want
them).

> SO you're saying that the Hill's diets DO NOT work?

No. I said "IMO, dental diets -- for cats -- is more a marketing gimmick",
didn't I? That's not the same as saying "Hill's diets DO NOT work", now.is
it? I think its more marketing than benefit.

The dental benefit of *any* dental diet for cats is minimal - much less than
dogs and not worth the trade off. Cats fed dental diets still have plaque
and calculus accumulations and periodontal disease and need professional
cleanings...

Because there is plenty of
> clinical evidence that would contradict your opinion.

Yeah, yeah, yeah -- I know all about the clinical studies... A lot of things
"work" - but at what expense to other areas of the body... Like I said, I
don't think the minimal dental benefit is worth the trade off - See my

The worst thing about dental diets is they give owners a false sense of
security - and make them feel that regular oral care isn't necessary. OTOH,
a dental diet is probably the only dental "care" some cats will ever get....

Magdalena
August 4th 03, 01:07 PM
"I dont bealive in can food"

"GAUBSTER2" > wrote in message
> > IMO, dental
> >diets -- for cats -- is more a marketing gimmick (because people want
them).

> SO you're saying that the Hill's diets DO NOT work? Because there is
plenty of
> clinical evidence that would contradict your opinion.

GAUBSTER2
August 6th 03, 12:36 AM
>> > IMO, dental
>> >diets -- for cats -- is more a marketing gimmick

>> SO you're saying that the Hill's diets DO NOT work?
>

>No. I said "IMO, dental diets -- for cats -- is more a marketing gimmick",
>didn't I? That's not the same as saying "Hill's diets DO NOT work", now.is
>it?

Don't get yourself into such a snit! I was just asking for some clarification.

>The dental benefit of *any* dental diet for cats is minimal - much less than
>dogs and not worth the trade off.

Not all "dental diets" are created equally. As for the trade off...what are
you suggesting?

All I'm concerned with, is whether or not the food does what it claims. I've
found the Hill's diets do exactly that. I've come across quite a few Hill's
bashers on boards such as these; that's why I was asking.

>Because there is plenty of
>> clinical evidence that would contradict your opinion.
>
>Yeah, yeah, yeah -- I know all about the clinical studies... A lot of things
>"work" - but at what expense to other areas of the body... Like I said, I
>don't think the minimal dental benefit is worth the trade off

....so you have a problem w/ the Hill's dental diets?

GAUBSTER2
August 6th 03, 12:36 AM
>> > IMO, dental
>> >diets -- for cats -- is more a marketing gimmick

>> SO you're saying that the Hill's diets DO NOT work?
>

>No. I said "IMO, dental diets -- for cats -- is more a marketing gimmick",
>didn't I? That's not the same as saying "Hill's diets DO NOT work", now.is
>it?

Don't get yourself into such a snit! I was just asking for some clarification.

>The dental benefit of *any* dental diet for cats is minimal - much less than
>dogs and not worth the trade off.

Not all "dental diets" are created equally. As for the trade off...what are
you suggesting?

All I'm concerned with, is whether or not the food does what it claims. I've
found the Hill's diets do exactly that. I've come across quite a few Hill's
bashers on boards such as these; that's why I was asking.

>Because there is plenty of
>> clinical evidence that would contradict your opinion.
>
>Yeah, yeah, yeah -- I know all about the clinical studies... A lot of things
>"work" - but at what expense to other areas of the body... Like I said, I
>don't think the minimal dental benefit is worth the trade off

....so you have a problem w/ the Hill's dental diets?

Cheryl
August 6th 03, 01:35 AM
In ,
GAUBSTER2 > composed with style:

>> The dental benefit of *any* dental diet for cats is minimal - much
>> less than dogs and not worth the trade off.
>
> Not all "dental diets" are created equally. As for the trade
> off...what are you suggesting?

The trade off being not getting a proper dental done at the vet, or at
the least not substituting a dental diet for brushing the cats
teeth... ?

I've never had to have a dental done for my cats -- my 2 year old will
be the first. At regular vet visits when they look at the teeth it
has never been suggested that tartar or any other problem is present
and needs to be addressed. Now with a 2 year old, they say he has
gingavitis. Go figure.

Cheryl
August 6th 03, 01:35 AM
In ,
GAUBSTER2 > composed with style:

>> The dental benefit of *any* dental diet for cats is minimal - much
>> less than dogs and not worth the trade off.
>
> Not all "dental diets" are created equally. As for the trade
> off...what are you suggesting?

The trade off being not getting a proper dental done at the vet, or at
the least not substituting a dental diet for brushing the cats
teeth... ?

I've never had to have a dental done for my cats -- my 2 year old will
be the first. At regular vet visits when they look at the teeth it
has never been suggested that tartar or any other problem is present
and needs to be addressed. Now with a 2 year old, they say he has
gingavitis. Go figure.

Phil P.
August 7th 03, 03:13 PM
"GAUBSTER2" > wrote in message

> >> SO you're saying that the Hill's diets DO NOT work?
> >

> >No. I said "IMO, dental diets -- for cats -- is more a marketing
gimmick",
> >didn't I? That's not the same as saying "Hill's diets DO NOT work",
now.is
> >it?
>
> Don't get yourself into such a snit! I was just asking for some
clarification.

What snit? LOL! I was simply correcting your misinterpretation of my
statement... Don't be so sensitive... ;)....

> >The dental benefit of *any* dental diet for cats is minimal - much less
than
> >dogs and not worth the trade off.
>
> Not all "dental diets" are created equally.

Yeah, I know... Some are worse than others...

As for the trade off...what are
> you suggesting?

See my earlier post .
Try not to misinterpret that one, too... ;)

> All I'm concerned with, is whether or not the food does what it claims.
I've
> found the Hill's diets do exactly that.

....better than the other so called dental diets -- but that's not saying
much... The "benefits are still minimal for cats. Some cats are more prone
to plaque than others. Are you sure its not the individual cat's oral
chemistry that's responsible for the cleaner teeth?

I've come across quite a few Hill's
> bashers on boards such as these; that's why I was asking.

You must be a new kid on the block... I'm the strongest proponent of Hills'
diets in the group...

> >Because there is plenty of
> >> clinical evidence that would contradict your opinion.
> >
> >Yeah, yeah, yeah -- I know all about the clinical studies... A lot of
things
> >"work" - but at what expense to other areas of the body... Like I said, I
> >don't think the minimal dental benefit is worth the trade off
>
> ...so you have a problem w/ the Hill's dental diets?

I have a problem with *all* dental diets. However, I suppose they're better
than no oral care at all.

Phil P.
August 7th 03, 03:13 PM
"GAUBSTER2" > wrote in message

> >> SO you're saying that the Hill's diets DO NOT work?
> >

> >No. I said "IMO, dental diets -- for cats -- is more a marketing
gimmick",
> >didn't I? That's not the same as saying "Hill's diets DO NOT work",
now.is
> >it?
>
> Don't get yourself into such a snit! I was just asking for some
clarification.

What snit? LOL! I was simply correcting your misinterpretation of my
statement... Don't be so sensitive... ;)....

> >The dental benefit of *any* dental diet for cats is minimal - much less
than
> >dogs and not worth the trade off.
>
> Not all "dental diets" are created equally.

Yeah, I know... Some are worse than others...

As for the trade off...what are
> you suggesting?

See my earlier post .
Try not to misinterpret that one, too... ;)

> All I'm concerned with, is whether or not the food does what it claims.
I've
> found the Hill's diets do exactly that.

....better than the other so called dental diets -- but that's not saying
much... The "benefits are still minimal for cats. Some cats are more prone
to plaque than others. Are you sure its not the individual cat's oral
chemistry that's responsible for the cleaner teeth?

I've come across quite a few Hill's
> bashers on boards such as these; that's why I was asking.

You must be a new kid on the block... I'm the strongest proponent of Hills'
diets in the group...

> >Because there is plenty of
> >> clinical evidence that would contradict your opinion.
> >
> >Yeah, yeah, yeah -- I know all about the clinical studies... A lot of
things
> >"work" - but at what expense to other areas of the body... Like I said, I
> >don't think the minimal dental benefit is worth the trade off
>
> ...so you have a problem w/ the Hill's dental diets?

I have a problem with *all* dental diets. However, I suppose they're better
than no oral care at all.

GAUBSTER2
August 8th 03, 01:52 AM
>> Don't get yourself into such a snit! I was just asking for some
>clarification.
>

>What snit? LOL! I was simply correcting your misinterpretation of my
>statement... Don't be so sensitive... ;)....

Point taken. I just wanted to be sure I was reading you correctly!

>As for the trade off...what are
>> you suggesting?
>
>See my earlier post .
>Try not to misinterpret that one, too... ;)

Sorry, I never saw that one. I just started reading this group about a week
ago.

>I've come across quite a few Hill's
>> bashers on boards such as these; that's why I was asking.
>
>You must be a new kid on the block... I'm the strongest proponent of Hills'
>diets in the group...

Yes, I am new to this group.

GAUBSTER2
August 8th 03, 01:52 AM
>> Don't get yourself into such a snit! I was just asking for some
>clarification.
>

>What snit? LOL! I was simply correcting your misinterpretation of my
>statement... Don't be so sensitive... ;)....

Point taken. I just wanted to be sure I was reading you correctly!

>As for the trade off...what are
>> you suggesting?
>
>See my earlier post .
>Try not to misinterpret that one, too... ;)

Sorry, I never saw that one. I just started reading this group about a week
ago.

>I've come across quite a few Hill's
>> bashers on boards such as these; that's why I was asking.
>
>You must be a new kid on the block... I'm the strongest proponent of Hills'
>diets in the group...

Yes, I am new to this group.