PDA

View Full Version : chew.. chew chew chew

neters
July 26th 03, 03:31 PM
i can't figure it out. opie is chewing *everything.* he claw's too, but in
the past 4 days he's started this chewing frenzy. he chewed my desk up (yes,
my desk, if i had a digital camera i'd take pictures). he chews the
blankets, sheets, clothes, fedex box, sofa pillows, recliner chair, my
fingers, wires. he was just at the vet 10 days ago and was put on
antibiotics for his uri - he goes back monday evening. i've checked his
mouth and all looks healthy in there. we have a chinchilla also, milo, and
at first i thought my desk was chewed up by him until my bf informed me he
caught opie in the act. any ideas?

Priscilla Ballou
July 26th 03, 04:00 PM
In article >,
"neters" > wrote:

> i can't figure it out. opie is chewing *everything.* he claw's too, but in
> the past 4 days he's started this chewing frenzy. he chewed my desk up (yes,
> my desk, if i had a digital camera i'd take pictures). he chews the
> blankets, sheets, clothes, fedex box, sofa pillows, recliner chair, my
> fingers, wires. he was just at the vet 10 days ago and was put on
> antibiotics for his uri - he goes back monday evening. i've checked his
> mouth and all looks healthy in there. we have a chinchilla also, milo, and
> at first i thought my desk was chewed up by him until my bf informed me he
> caught opie in the act. any ideas?

How old is he? If he's a youngster, maybe he's teething?

My Caley chews stuff. She chewed two holes in my grandmother's damask
tablecloth the night after Thanksgiving last year. My mother was
practically in tears when she saw it. She (Caley, not my mother!) chews
the thumbs off all my oven mitts. I sometimes give her those dried
pigs' ears to chew to protect my stuff.

Sebbie has gotten into broom straws. I frequently find him at the
broom, chewing off another one.

Beats me what it's about.

Priscilla
--
Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum,
minutus carborata descendum pantorum.

Priscilla Ballou
July 26th 03, 04:00 PM
In article >,
"neters" > wrote:

> i can't figure it out. opie is chewing *everything.* he claw's too, but in
> the past 4 days he's started this chewing frenzy. he chewed my desk up (yes,
> my desk, if i had a digital camera i'd take pictures). he chews the
> blankets, sheets, clothes, fedex box, sofa pillows, recliner chair, my
> fingers, wires. he was just at the vet 10 days ago and was put on
> antibiotics for his uri - he goes back monday evening. i've checked his
> mouth and all looks healthy in there. we have a chinchilla also, milo, and
> at first i thought my desk was chewed up by him until my bf informed me he
> caught opie in the act. any ideas?

How old is he? If he's a youngster, maybe he's teething?

My Caley chews stuff. She chewed two holes in my grandmother's damask
tablecloth the night after Thanksgiving last year. My mother was
practically in tears when she saw it. She (Caley, not my mother!) chews
the thumbs off all my oven mitts. I sometimes give her those dried
pigs' ears to chew to protect my stuff.

Sebbie has gotten into broom straws. I frequently find him at the
broom, chewing off another one.

Beats me what it's about.

Priscilla
--
Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum,
minutus carborata descendum pantorum.
(thanks be to topfive.com)

*~*SooZy*~*
July 26th 03, 04:33 PM
"Priscilla Ballou" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "neters" > wrote:
>
> > i can't figure it out. opie is chewing *everything.* he claw's too, but
in
> > the past 4 days he's started this chewing frenzy. he chewed my desk up
(yes,
> > my desk, if i had a digital camera i'd take pictures). he chews the
> > blankets, sheets, clothes, fedex box, sofa pillows, recliner chair, my
> > fingers, wires. he was just at the vet 10 days ago and was put on
> > antibiotics for his uri - he goes back monday evening. i've checked his
> > mouth and all looks healthy in there. we have a chinchilla also, milo,
and
> > at first i thought my desk was chewed up by him until my bf informed me
he
> > caught opie in the act. any ideas?
>
> How old is he? If he's a youngster, maybe he's teething?
>
> My Caley chews stuff. She chewed two holes in my grandmother's damask
> tablecloth the night after Thanksgiving last year. My mother was
> practically in tears when she saw it. She (Caley, not my mother!) chews
> the thumbs off all my oven mitts. I sometimes give her those dried
> pigs' ears to chew to protect my stuff.
>
> Sebbie has gotten into broom straws. I frequently find him at the
> broom, chewing off another one.
>
> Beats me what it's about.
>
> Priscilla

yet so many people say cats can't chew!

*~*SooZy*~*
July 26th 03, 04:33 PM
"Priscilla Ballou" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "neters" > wrote:
>
> > i can't figure it out. opie is chewing *everything.* he claw's too, but
in
> > the past 4 days he's started this chewing frenzy. he chewed my desk up
(yes,
> > my desk, if i had a digital camera i'd take pictures). he chews the
> > blankets, sheets, clothes, fedex box, sofa pillows, recliner chair, my
> > fingers, wires. he was just at the vet 10 days ago and was put on
> > antibiotics for his uri - he goes back monday evening. i've checked his
> > mouth and all looks healthy in there. we have a chinchilla also, milo,
and
> > at first i thought my desk was chewed up by him until my bf informed me
he
> > caught opie in the act. any ideas?
>
> How old is he? If he's a youngster, maybe he's teething?
>
> My Caley chews stuff. She chewed two holes in my grandmother's damask
> tablecloth the night after Thanksgiving last year. My mother was
> practically in tears when she saw it. She (Caley, not my mother!) chews
> the thumbs off all my oven mitts. I sometimes give her those dried
> pigs' ears to chew to protect my stuff.
>
> Sebbie has gotten into broom straws. I frequently find him at the
> broom, chewing off another one.
>
> Beats me what it's about.
>
> Priscilla

yet so many people say cats can't chew!

neters
July 27th 03, 04:38 AM
"Priscilla Ballou" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "neters" > wrote:
>
> > i can't figure it out. opie is chewing *everything.* he claw's too, but
in
> > the past 4 days he's started this chewing frenzy. he chewed my desk up
(yes,
> > my desk, if i had a digital camera i'd take pictures). he chews the
> > blankets, sheets, clothes, fedex box, sofa pillows, recliner chair, my
> > fingers, wires. he was just at the vet 10 days ago and was put on
> > antibiotics for his uri - he goes back monday evening. i've checked his
> > mouth and all looks healthy in there. we have a chinchilla also, milo,
and
> > at first i thought my desk was chewed up by him until my bf informed me
he
> > caught opie in the act. any ideas?
>
> How old is he? If he's a youngster, maybe he's teething?
>
> My Caley chews stuff. She chewed two holes in my grandmother's damask
> tablecloth the night after Thanksgiving last year. My mother was
> practically in tears when she saw it. She (Caley, not my mother!) chews
> the thumbs off all my oven mitts. I sometimes give her those dried
> pigs' ears to chew to protect my stuff.
>
> Sebbie has gotten into broom straws. I frequently find him at the
> broom, chewing off another one.
>
> Beats me what it's about.
>
> Priscilla
> --
> Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum,
> minutus carborata descendum pantorum.
> (thanks be to topfive.com)

he's 13/14 weeks old. im hoping it's teething - that's what i've been
thinking it is. i just bought that feliway diffuser today, maybe that and
his toys will keep him preoccupied and away from the wood things!

neters
July 27th 03, 04:38 AM
"Priscilla Ballou" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "neters" > wrote:
>
> > i can't figure it out. opie is chewing *everything.* he claw's too, but
in
> > the past 4 days he's started this chewing frenzy. he chewed my desk up
(yes,
> > my desk, if i had a digital camera i'd take pictures). he chews the
> > blankets, sheets, clothes, fedex box, sofa pillows, recliner chair, my
> > fingers, wires. he was just at the vet 10 days ago and was put on
> > antibiotics for his uri - he goes back monday evening. i've checked his
> > mouth and all looks healthy in there. we have a chinchilla also, milo,
and
> > at first i thought my desk was chewed up by him until my bf informed me
he
> > caught opie in the act. any ideas?
>
> How old is he? If he's a youngster, maybe he's teething?
>
> My Caley chews stuff. She chewed two holes in my grandmother's damask
> tablecloth the night after Thanksgiving last year. My mother was
> practically in tears when she saw it. She (Caley, not my mother!) chews
> the thumbs off all my oven mitts. I sometimes give her those dried
> pigs' ears to chew to protect my stuff.
>
> Sebbie has gotten into broom straws. I frequently find him at the
> broom, chewing off another one.
>
> Beats me what it's about.
>
> Priscilla
> --
> Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum,
> minutus carborata descendum pantorum.
> (thanks be to topfive.com)

he's 13/14 weeks old. im hoping it's teething - that's what i've been
thinking it is. i just bought that feliway diffuser today, maybe that and
his toys will keep him preoccupied and away from the wood things!

Priscilla Ballou
July 27th 03, 03:38 PM
In article >,
"neters" > wrote:

> "Priscilla Ballou" > wrote in message

> > How old is he? If he's a youngster, maybe he's teething?

> he's 13/14 weeks old. im hoping it's teething - that's what i've been
> thinking it is. i just bought that feliway diffuser today, maybe that and
> his toys will keep him preoccupied and away from the wood things!

Try the pigs ears. My cats love them! You can even find low-fat ones
at some places. *boggle*

Priscilla
--

"neters" > wrote:

> "Priscilla Ballou" > wrote in message

> > How old is he? If he's a youngster, maybe he's teething?

> he's 13/14 weeks old. im hoping it's teething - that's what i've been
> thinking it is. i just bought that feliway diffuser today, maybe that and
> his toys will keep him preoccupied and away from the wood things!

Try the pigs ears. My cats love them! You can even find low-fat ones
at some places. *boggle*

Priscilla
--
Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum,
minutus carborata descendum pantorum.
(thanks be to topfive.com)

Priscilla Ballou
July 27th 03, 04:22 PM
In article >,
Karen Chuplis > wrote:
> in article , Priscilla Ballou
> at wrote on 7/27/03 9:38 AM:
> > In article >,
> >> he's 13/14 weeks old. im hoping it's teething - that's what i've been
> >> thinking it is. i just bought that feliway diffuser today, maybe that and
> >> his toys will keep him preoccupied and away from the wood things!
> > Try the pigs ears. My cats love them! You can even find low-fat ones
> > at some places. *boggle*
>
> Really? I've wondered about those. I see them in bins at Petco. Mine like to
> chew on thin plasicky things. I've wondered if those might not be good for
> their teeth.

It's gotta be better for them if they ingest small bits. Oh, and the
pigs' ears will be ingested. It'll just take a long time and keep them
busy in the process.

Priscilla
--

Karen Chuplis > wrote:
> in article , Priscilla Ballou
> at wrote on 7/27/03 9:38 AM:
> > In article >,
> >> he's 13/14 weeks old. im hoping it's teething - that's what i've been
> >> thinking it is. i just bought that feliway diffuser today, maybe that and
> >> his toys will keep him preoccupied and away from the wood things!
> > Try the pigs ears. My cats love them! You can even find low-fat ones
> > at some places. *boggle*
>
> Really? I've wondered about those. I see them in bins at Petco. Mine like to
> chew on thin plasicky things. I've wondered if those might not be good for
> their teeth.

It's gotta be better for them if they ingest small bits. Oh, and the
pigs' ears will be ingested. It'll just take a long time and keep them
busy in the process.

Priscilla
--
Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum,
minutus carborata descendum pantorum.
(thanks be to topfive.com)

Karen Chuplis
July 27th 03, 04:26 PM
at wrote on 7/27/03 9:38 AM:

> In article >,
> "neters" > wrote:
>
>> "Priscilla Ballou" > wrote in message
>
>>> How old is he? If he's a youngster, maybe he's teething?
>
>> he's 13/14 weeks old. im hoping it's teething - that's what i've been
>> thinking it is. i just bought that feliway diffuser today, maybe that and
>> his toys will keep him preoccupied and away from the wood things!
>
> Try the pigs ears. My cats love them! You can even find low-fat ones
> at some places. *boggle*
>
> Priscilla

Really? I've wondered about those. I see them in bins at Petco. Mine like to
chew on thin plasicky things. I've wondered if those might not be good for
their teeth.

Karen

Karen Chuplis
July 27th 03, 04:26 PM
at wrote on 7/27/03 9:38 AM:

> In article >,
> "neters" > wrote:
>
>> "Priscilla Ballou" > wrote in message
>
>>> How old is he? If he's a youngster, maybe he's teething?
>
>> he's 13/14 weeks old. im hoping it's teething - that's what i've been
>> thinking it is. i just bought that feliway diffuser today, maybe that and
>> his toys will keep him preoccupied and away from the wood things!
>
> Try the pigs ears. My cats love them! You can even find low-fat ones
> at some places. *boggle*
>
> Priscilla

Really? I've wondered about those. I see them in bins at Petco. Mine like to
chew on thin plasicky things. I've wondered if those might not be good for
their teeth.

Karen

Sherry
July 27th 03, 10:30 PM
>Try the pigs ears. My cats love them! You can even find low-fat ones
>at some places. *boggle*
>
>Priscilla

Really??? Your *cats* like pig ears?? Gee whiz. I've been buying them forever
for the dog,, but I've never offered them to the cats. I'll try it!

Sherry

Sherry
July 27th 03, 10:30 PM
>Try the pigs ears. My cats love them! You can even find low-fat ones
>at some places. *boggle*
>
>Priscilla

Really??? Your *cats* like pig ears?? Gee whiz. I've been buying them forever
for the dog,, but I've never offered them to the cats. I'll try it!

Sherry

Priscilla Ballou
July 27th 03, 11:18 PM
In article >,
(Sherry ) wrote:

> >Try the pigs ears. My cats love them! You can even find low-fat ones
> >at some places. *boggle*

> Really??? Your *cats* like pig ears?? Gee whiz. I've been buying them forever
> for the dog,, but I've never offered them to the cats. I'll try it!

I generally take my ginsu knife and slice them lengthwise into skinnier
pieces so they can get a better grip on them.

Priscilla