PDA

View Full Version : feliway for yowling

Ensoul100
August 2nd 03, 11:44 PM
I posted on this before

Sam cat, short for Samantha about a year ago started yowling every night
and I do mean very loudly

she's 13 or 14 (they weren't sure of her age when I got Sam) she's neutred

everything is fine says her vet

i keep a radio and light on at night, helped at first

now she yowls day & night, not all the time
but a hell of a lot

think feliway would help?

ensoul

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV
will be fought with sticks and stones.
~Albert Einstein

Karen Chuplis
August 2nd 03, 11:57 PM
in article , Ensoul100 at
wrote on 8/2/03 5:44 PM:

> I posted on this before
>
> Sam cat, short for Samantha about a year ago started yowling every night
> and I do mean very loudly
>
> she's 13 or 14 (they weren't sure of her age when I got Sam) she's neutred
>
> everything is fine says her vet
>
> i keep a radio and light on at night, helped at first
>
> now she yowls day & night, not all the time
> but a hell of a lot
>
> think feliway would help?
>

> ensoul
>

> I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV
> will be fought with sticks and stones.
> ~Albert Einstein

How long ago was she checked? Things can change fast at that age. How about
her hearing? Does she respond to your voice? I would guess that unless it is
anxiety related Feliway won't help. If is, it might.

karen

Karen Chuplis
August 2nd 03, 11:57 PM
in article , Ensoul100 at
wrote on 8/2/03 5:44 PM:

> I posted on this before
>
> Sam cat, short for Samantha about a year ago started yowling every night
> and I do mean very loudly
>
> she's 13 or 14 (they weren't sure of her age when I got Sam) she's neutred
>
> everything is fine says her vet
>
> i keep a radio and light on at night, helped at first
>
> now she yowls day & night, not all the time
> but a hell of a lot
>
> think feliway would help?
>

> ensoul
>

> I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV
> will be fought with sticks and stones.
> ~Albert Einstein

How long ago was she checked? Things can change fast at that age. How about
her hearing? Does she respond to your voice? I would guess that unless it is
anxiety related Feliway won't help. If is, it might.

karen

Helen
August 3rd 03, 12:19 AM
"Ensoul100" > wrote in message
> I posted on this before
>
> Sam cat, short for Samantha about a year ago started yowling every night
> and I do mean very loudly
>
> she's 13 or 14 (they weren't sure of her age when I got Sam) she's neutred
>
> everything is fine says her vet
>
> i keep a radio and light on at night, helped at first
>
> now she yowls day & night, not all the time
> but a hell of a lot
>
> think feliway would help?

did the vet check all these possibilities, especially hypertension?

http://www.felinecrf.org/symptoms_treatments_index.htm#H

Helen

Helen
August 3rd 03, 12:19 AM
"Ensoul100" > wrote in message
> I posted on this before
>
> Sam cat, short for Samantha about a year ago started yowling every night
> and I do mean very loudly
>
> she's 13 or 14 (they weren't sure of her age when I got Sam) she's neutred
>
> everything is fine says her vet
>
> i keep a radio and light on at night, helped at first
>
> now she yowls day & night, not all the time
> but a hell of a lot
>
> think feliway would help?

did the vet check all these possibilities, especially hypertension?

http://www.felinecrf.org/symptoms_treatments_index.htm#H

Helen

August 3rd 03, 03:03 AM
>everything is fine says her vet

Has your cat had a T4 test for thyroid function? This is a specialized
test that is not included with basic bloodwork. Hyperthyroid cats
commonly exhibit the behavior you describe and it is a condition that is
seen in older cats. If you haven't done this, or even a basic blood
profile I would definitely recommend you do both before you decide this
is a behavior issue.

Megan

nothing."

-Edmund Burke

Learn The TRUTH About Declawing
http://www.stopdeclaw.com

Zuzu's Cats Photo Album:
http://www.PictureTrail.com/zuzu22

way."

- W.H. Murray

August 3rd 03, 03:03 AM
>everything is fine says her vet

Has your cat had a T4 test for thyroid function? This is a specialized
test that is not included with basic bloodwork. Hyperthyroid cats
commonly exhibit the behavior you describe and it is a condition that is
seen in older cats. If you haven't done this, or even a basic blood
profile I would definitely recommend you do both before you decide this
is a behavior issue.

Megan

nothing."

-Edmund Burke

Learn The TRUTH About Declawing
http://www.stopdeclaw.com

Zuzu's Cats Photo Album:
http://www.PictureTrail.com/zuzu22

way."

- W.H. Murray

Cheryl
August 3rd 03, 04:12 AM
In ,
Ensoul100 > contributed:
:
: she was checked for hyperthroidism
:
: and we are beyond broke with huuby in trmnt for cancer...vet will
not
: take payments, payment has to be up front
:
At first glance, the information on the following link appears to be
for human health care. I read further and they accept veterinary
health care. It may help with your husbands medical bills, too.
http://www.carecredit.com/patients/whatis.htm

: also she in an indoor cat
:
Best wishes for your cat and your hubby... this is not easy.

--
Cheryl

Cheryl
August 3rd 03, 04:12 AM
In ,
Ensoul100 > contributed:
:
: she was checked for hyperthroidism
:
: and we are beyond broke with huuby in trmnt for cancer...vet will
not
: take payments, payment has to be up front
:
At first glance, the information on the following link appears to be
for human health care. I read further and they accept veterinary
health care. It may help with your husbands medical bills, too.
http://www.carecredit.com/patients/whatis.htm

: also she in an indoor cat
:
Best wishes for your cat and your hubby... this is not easy.

--
Cheryl

Alison
August 4th 03, 12:23 PM
Lovely site Helen , very useful .

--
Alison
(Links to animal information websites

"Helen" > wrote in message
> "Ensoul100" > wrote in message
> > I posted on this before
> >
> > Sam cat, short for Samantha about a year ago started yowling every
night
> > and I do mean very loudly
> >
> > she's 13 or 14 (they weren't sure of her age when I got Sam) she's
neutred

> > everything is fine says her vet
> >
> > i keep a radio and light on at night, helped at first
> >
> > now she yowls day & night, not all the time
> > but a hell of a lot
> >
> > think feliway would help?
>
> did the vet check all these possibilities, especially hypertension?
>
> http://www.felinecrf.org/symptoms_treatments_index.htm#H
>
> Helen

Ensoul100
August 6th 03, 04:29 AM
>Subject: Re: feliway for yowling
>From: "Cheryl"

>At first glance, the information on the following link appears to be
>for human health care. I read further and they accept veterinary
>health care.

thanks so much for the info

alas bad credit I my part

lynn

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV
will be fought with sticks and stones.
~Albert Einstein

Ensoul100
August 6th 03, 04:29 AM
>Subject: Re: feliway for yowling
>From: "Cheryl"

>At first glance, the information on the following link appears to be
>for human health care. I read further and they accept veterinary
>health care.

thanks so much for the info

alas bad credit I my part

lynn