PDA

View Full Version : Re: Advice needed

polonca12000
August 18th 03, 10:43 PM
No ideas unfortunately, but lots of best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Victor M. Martinez" > wrote in message
> Hi all.
> My boss and I were talking today and she mentioned she has a problem with
> two of her cats (siblings, Devon rex or one of those almost hairless
> breeds). Apparently these guys are *very* destructive, but she says it's
> only when she's around. <snip>

Brenda Watkins
August 19th 03, 01:46 AM
"Victor M. Martinez" > wrote in message
> Hi all.
> My boss and I were talking today and she mentioned she has a problem with
> two of her cats (siblings, Devon rex or one of those almost hairless
> breeds). Apparently these guys are *very* destructive, but she says it's
> only when she's around. She thinks they need more attention and also would
> like to go outside (they're indoor-only). They are upset that they are the
> only ones not allowed out (her other cats are indoor-outdoor). Also, with
> Snorts problems, she pays more attention to him than to the cats.
> I suggested Feliway and she ordered some. I have an unopened diffuser I
> haven't used it, so I'm bringing it over tomorrow. She seems to be at the
> end of her rope and needs some help. Any advice would be most appreciated.
>
> Victor M. Martinez
>
> http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv

I can't think of any solutions, but I'll have my guys send some calming
purrs.
Brenda

Karen Chuplis
August 19th 03, 02:01 AM
in article , Denise VanDyke at
wrote on 8/18/03 4:08 PM:

> Victor M. Martinez wrote:
>> Hi all. My boss and I were talking today and she mentioned she has a
>> problem with two of her cats (siblings, Devon rex or one of those
>> almost hairless breeds). Apparently these guys are *very*
>> destructive, but she says it's only when she's around. She thinks
>> they need more attention and also would like to go outside (they're
>> indoor-only). They are upset that they are the only ones not allowed
>> out (her other cats are indoor-outdoor). Also, with Snorts problems,
>> she pays more attention to him than to the cats. I suggested Feliway
>> and she ordered some. I have an unopened diffuser I haven't used it,
>> so I'm bringing it over tomorrow. She seems to be at the end of her
>> rope and needs some help. Any advice would be most appreciated.
>>
>> Victor M. Martinez
>> http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv
>>

> Hopefully the Feliway will help. Does she have an area where she can
> build a screened area for the cats to be outside? If it was large
> enough, maybe all the cats could be in there together. Or, if she can
> find/make time, maybe a new daily "ritual" with those two cats so they
> have their own special time with her?
>
> - Denise

also, cats love structure. If she made it *ritual* to play with those two at
a specific time of day, they might come to realize that they will get THAT
time for themselves?

Karen

Jo Firey
August 19th 03, 03:36 AM
Sounds like a tough problem. How long has she had them/ how old are they? It sounds
like the sibling thing you get with kids. Two that will get along fine on their own,
will start fighting with each other when a parent is around. And you can't give them
both extra attention at once or separately for that matter. At least it doesn't work
with human brothers.

--
Jo Firey

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take
our breath away."