PDA

View Full Version : declawing - a thanks to all those who opened my eyes

catmidy
September 16th 03, 05:26 AM
hi. i just wanted to say thanks to everyone for replying to my
ignorant to all the information you guys gave me. i knew that people
were opposed to declawing, but until now i didn't know why. you guys
gave me more that enough reasons why. i'm happy i joined this group
before i get my cat, because i never would have realized these things
until it was already too late. it's scary how unaware most people
(even cat owners) are about this topic - i'll be sure to spread the
info. anyway, i don't want to ramble, just wanted to say thanks.

- Rachel

Luvskats00
September 16th 03, 10:34 AM
writes
>...just wanted to say thanks to everyone for replying to my
because i never would have >realized these things
>until it was already too late.

Thousands of people get cats with little thought to needed care or any thought
to committment (should something change in their own lives.) These people line
up at shelters and can't drop off the cats fast enough!

Luvskats00
September 16th 03, 10:34 AM
writes
>...just wanted to say thanks to everyone for replying to my
because i never would have >realized these things
>until it was already too late.

Thousands of people get cats with little thought to needed care or any thought
to committment (should something change in their own lives.) These people line
up at shelters and can't drop off the cats fast enough!

Luvskats00
September 16th 03, 10:34 AM
writes
>...just wanted to say thanks to everyone for replying to my
because i never would have >realized these things
>until it was already too late.

Thousands of people get cats with little thought to needed care or any thought
to committment (should something change in their own lives.) These people line
up at shelters and can't drop off the cats fast enough!

PawsForThought
September 16th 03, 01:04 PM
>From: (catmidy)

>hi. i just wanted to say thanks to everyone for replying to my
>ignorant to all the information you guys gave me. i knew that people
>were opposed to declawing, but until now i didn't know why. you guys
>gave me more that enough reasons why. i'm happy i joined this group
>before i get my cat, because i never would have realized these things
>until it was already too late. it's scary how unaware most people
>(even cat owners) are about this topic - i'll be sure to spread the
>info. anyway, i don't want to ramble, just wanted to say thanks.

Thank YOU, Rachel, for researching declawing BEFORE doing it. Unfortunately,
many people have no idea that it is actually the amputation of the end of each
toe, and many vets do not tell people this.

Lauren
________

PawsForThought
September 16th 03, 01:04 PM
>From: (catmidy)

>hi. i just wanted to say thanks to everyone for replying to my
>ignorant to all the information you guys gave me. i knew that people
>were opposed to declawing, but until now i didn't know why. you guys
>gave me more that enough reasons why. i'm happy i joined this group
>before i get my cat, because i never would have realized these things
>until it was already too late. it's scary how unaware most people
>(even cat owners) are about this topic - i'll be sure to spread the
>info. anyway, i don't want to ramble, just wanted to say thanks.

Thank YOU, Rachel, for researching declawing BEFORE doing it. Unfortunately,
many people have no idea that it is actually the amputation of the end of each
toe, and many vets do not tell people this.

Lauren
________

PawsForThought
September 16th 03, 01:04 PM
>From: (catmidy)

>hi. i just wanted to say thanks to everyone for replying to my
>ignorant to all the information you guys gave me. i knew that people
>were opposed to declawing, but until now i didn't know why. you guys
>gave me more that enough reasons why. i'm happy i joined this group
>before i get my cat, because i never would have realized these things
>until it was already too late. it's scary how unaware most people
>(even cat owners) are about this topic - i'll be sure to spread the
>info. anyway, i don't want to ramble, just wanted to say thanks.

Thank YOU, Rachel, for researching declawing BEFORE doing it. Unfortunately,
many people have no idea that it is actually the amputation of the end of each
toe, and many vets do not tell people this.

Lauren
________

MaryL
September 16th 03, 02:55 PM
"catmidy" > wrote in message
m...
> hi. i just wanted to say thanks to everyone for replying to my
> ignorant to all the information you guys gave me. i knew that people
> were opposed to declawing, but until now i didn't know why. you guys
> gave me more that enough reasons why. i'm happy i joined this group
> before i get my cat, because i never would have realized these things
> until it was already too late. it's scary how unaware most people
> (even cat owners) are about this topic - i'll be sure to spread the
> info. anyway, i don't want to ramble, just wanted to say thanks.
>
> - Rachel

Don't be embarrassed. What you have done is admirable -- you did your
research, and you were open to advice. As a matter of fact, many of us have
gone through the route you described. It is very common for a person to
first start with the idea that declawing is "no big deal" because they think
of a cat's claws like a human's fingernails. It is only as we learn more
that we realize how wrong that is. Once we realize that declawing involves
amputation, the hard truth sets in.

Thanks so much for caring!

MaryL

MaryL
September 16th 03, 02:55 PM

"catmidy" > wrote in message
m...
> hi. i just wanted to say thanks to everyone for replying to my
> ignorant to all the information you guys gave me. i knew that people
> were opposed to declawing, but until now i didn't know why. you guys
> gave me more that enough reasons why. i'm happy i joined this group
> before i get my cat, because i never would have realized these things
> until it was already too late. it's scary how unaware most people
> (even cat owners) are about this topic - i'll be sure to spread the
> info. anyway, i don't want to ramble, just wanted to say thanks.
>
> - Rachel

Don't be embarrassed. What you have done is admirable -- you did your
research, and you were open to advice. As a matter of fact, many of us have
gone through the route you described. It is very common for a person to
first start with the idea that declawing is "no big deal" because they think
of a cat's claws like a human's fingernails. It is only as we learn more
that we realize how wrong that is. Once we realize that declawing involves
amputation, the hard truth sets in.

Thanks so much for caring!

MaryL

m. L. Briggs
September 16th 03, 07:38 PM
On 15 Sep 2003 21:26:49 -0700, (catmidy) wrote:

>hi. i just wanted to say thanks to everyone for replying to my
>ignorant to all the information you guys gave me. i knew that people
>were opposed to declawing, but until now i didn't know why. you guys
>gave me more that enough reasons why. i'm happy i joined this group
>before i get my cat, because i never would have realized these things
>until it was already too late. it's scary how unaware most people
>(even cat owners) are about this topic - i'll be sure to spread the
>info. anyway, i don't want to ramble, just wanted to say thanks.
>
> - Rachel
To quote an old saying: "A word to the wise is sufficient!"

m. L. Briggs
September 16th 03, 07:38 PM
On 15 Sep 2003 21:26:49 -0700, (catmidy) wrote:

>hi. i just wanted to say thanks to everyone for replying to my
>ignorant to all the information you guys gave me. i knew that people
>were opposed to declawing, but until now i didn't know why. you guys
>gave me more that enough reasons why. i'm happy i joined this group
>before i get my cat, because i never would have realized these things
>until it was already too late. it's scary how unaware most people
>(even cat owners) are about this topic - i'll be sure to spread the
>info. anyway, i don't want to ramble, just wanted to say thanks.
>
> - Rachel
To quote an old saying: "A word to the wise is sufficient!"

m. L. Briggs
September 16th 03, 07:38 PM
On 15 Sep 2003 21:26:49 -0700, (catmidy) wrote:

>hi. i just wanted to say thanks to everyone for replying to my
>ignorant to all the information you guys gave me. i knew that people
>were opposed to declawing, but until now i didn't know why. you guys
>gave me more that enough reasons why. i'm happy i joined this group
>before i get my cat, because i never would have realized these things
>until it was already too late. it's scary how unaware most people
>(even cat owners) are about this topic - i'll be sure to spread the
>info. anyway, i don't want to ramble, just wanted to say thanks.
>
> - Rachel
To quote an old saying: "A word to the wise is sufficient!"

-L.
September 16th 03, 09:13 PM
(catmidy) wrote in message >...
> hi. i just wanted to say thanks to everyone for replying to my
> ignorant to all the information you guys gave me. i knew that people
> were opposed to declawing, but until now i didn't know why. you guys
> gave me more that enough reasons why. i'm happy i joined this group
> before i get my cat, because i never would have realized these things
> until it was already too late. it's scary how unaware most people
> (even cat owners) are about this topic - i'll be sure to spread the
> info. anyway, i don't want to ramble, just wanted to say thanks.
>
> - Rachel

Glad this ng helped prevent what can be a devastating experience for a
cat!
Thanks for being smart enough to research it first, before subjecting
your cat to it. You'll make a great kitty guardian!

-L.

-L.
September 16th 03, 09:13 PM