PDA

View Full Version : Hi

ALISSA
September 16th 03, 07:25 PM
Hello everyone.

I am new to this board and have 2 adorable (VERY) and loving persian
kittens that are now about 6 months old. (and 9 year old bunny)

I figured there are plenty of experts on this board so i was hoping to
get a question answered.

One of my little guys, Cooper, occasionally is trying to cough up a
hairball (i guess)....he has a beautiful coat and i brush him daily.
He also sometimes sucks on my hair when i am sleeping which i hope it
not contributing to it.

Anything I can give a kitten or do to prevent or minimize this. I get
so nervous when i see him coughing. We are going to the vet next week
but still wanted opinions.

Thanks,
Alissa

kaeli
September 16th 03, 09:05 PM
In article >,
enlightened us with...
> I am new to this board and have 2 adorable (VERY) and loving persian
> kittens that are now about 6 months old. (and 9 year old bunny)
>
> I figured there are plenty of experts on this board so i was hoping to
> get a question answered.
>
> One of my little guys, Cooper, occasionally is trying to cough up a
> hairball (i guess)....he has a beautiful coat and i brush him daily.
> He also sometimes sucks on my hair when i am sleeping which i hope it
> not contributing to it.
>
> Anything I can give a kitten or do to prevent or minimize this. I get
> so nervous when i see him coughing. We are going to the vet next week
> but still wanted opinions.

Daily brushing is good, but it also loosens hair that gets trapped on
the underside of the long coat if you don't use the right kind of comb.
Use a comb after you brush to pick up the dead hair from the undercoat.
Also use a damp cloth over him to pick up stray hair. This will help the
hairball problems. You can also use a dietary aid like Laxatone once or
twice a week to loosen things up so the hair is passed instead of
vomited.

Do see the vet - coughing can also be a sign of a respiratory problem,
especially in snub-nosed breeds like Persians.

Cat do get hairballs occasionally, though. I have only one cat who has
never had one (that's I've seen anyway - Isis). The other two both have
them from time to time.

~kaeli~
Hey, if you got it flaunt it! If you don't, stare
at someone who does. Just don't lick the TV screen,
it leaves streaks.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

kaeli