PDA

View Full Version : Re: Poorly Polly & TED visit

Julie Cook
August 19th 03, 04:24 PM
Shirley wrote:

>I woke up this morning to find piles of cat vomit all over the house
>and a very lethargic Polly-cat sat hunched up by the kitchen door
><queue panic mode> , she tried to follow me into the kitchen but only
>managed a couple of steps because her back legs were very wobbly
><major panic mode>.

Poor baby! Hobbes, Selena and Lacey are sending healing purrs, meatloaf
meditations and their most gentle headbutts. I am sending healing
thoughts and tender chin scritches. We hope Polly feels better very soon.

Julie, Hobbes, Selena and Lacey

Alan Erskine
August 19th 03, 04:40 PM
"Shirley" > wrote in message
> I woke up this morning to find piles of cat vomit all over the house
> and a very lethargic Polly-cat sat hunched up by the kitchen door
> <queue panic mode> , she tried to follow me into the kitchen but only
> managed a couple of steps because her back legs were very wobbly
> <major panic mode>. I got an appointment with TED and rushed her
> there, it seems she has gastritis possibly from a hairball, her temp
> was 104 so she got a shot to bring that down, a shot to stop the
> vomiting and a shot of anti-biotic. Polly behaved herself during the
> consult and I only had to remove a furry starfish from my chest once
> during her exam <to spare TED's and my blushes of him having to
> rummage around my chest area to do the exam>.
>
> Polly has settled down now and is laying in the bedroom but she hasn't
> been near her food or water bowl yet. If she doesn't improve by the
> morning we have to go back to TED. Since this morning she's vomited
> twice more and still seems to be in quite a bit of discomfort <poor
> baby> so if she could have some of your special purrs it would help
> enormously.

Purrs. Hope she feels better soon.

Give her a scritch from Australia for me.
--
Alan Erskine
alanerskine(at)optusnet.com.au

Karen Chuplis
August 19th 03, 05:24 PM
Major purrs for a better tummy situation.

Karen

"Shirley" > wrote in message
> I woke up this morning to find piles of cat vomit all over the house
> and a very lethargic Polly-cat sat hunched up by the kitchen door
> <queue panic mode> , she tried to follow me into the kitchen but only
> managed a couple of steps because her back legs were very wobbly
> <major panic mode>. I got an appointment with TED and rushed her
> there, it seems she has gastritis possibly from a hairball, her temp
> was 104 so she got a shot to bring that down, a shot to stop the
> vomiting and a shot of anti-biotic. Polly behaved herself during the
> consult and I only had to remove a furry starfish from my chest once
> during her exam <to spare TED's and my blushes of him having to
> rummage around my chest area to do the exam>.
>
> Polly has settled down now and is laying in the bedroom but she hasn't
> been near her food or water bowl yet. If she doesn't improve by the
> morning we have to go back to TED. Since this morning she's vomited
> twice more and still seems to be in quite a bit of discomfort <poor
> baby> so if she could have some of your special purrs it would help
> enormously.
>
> --
> Shirley (off to check on the invalid)
> see my cats at
> http://communities.msn.co.uk/Friendsfamilyandfelines2
> http://uk.msnusers.com/friendsfamilyandfelines3

m. L. Briggs
August 19th 03, 05:42 PM
On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 01:40:28 +1000, "Alan Erskine"
> wrote:

>"Shirley" > wrote in message
>> I woke up this morning to find piles of cat vomit all over the house
>> and a very lethargic Polly-cat sat hunched up by the kitchen door
>> <queue panic mode> , she tried to follow me into the kitchen but only
>> managed a couple of steps because her back legs were very wobbly
>> <major panic mode>. I got an appointment with TED and rushed her
>> there, it seems she has gastritis possibly from a hairball, her temp
>> was 104 so she got a shot to bring that down, a shot to stop the
>> vomiting and a shot of anti-biotic. Polly behaved herself during the
>> consult and I only had to remove a furry starfish from my chest once
>> during her exam <to spare TED's and my blushes of him having to
>> rummage around my chest area to do the exam>.
>>
>> Polly has settled down now and is laying in the bedroom but she hasn't
>> been near her food or water bowl yet. If she doesn't improve by the
>> morning we have to go back to TED. Since this morning she's vomited
>> twice more and still seems to be in quite a bit of discomfort <poor
>> baby> so if she could have some of your special purrs it would help
>> enormously.
>
>Purrs. Hope she feels better soon.
>
>Give her a scritch from Australia for me.
Best wishes for a speedy recovery. It is a worry when our furry
friends are sick. MLB

Victor M. Martinez
August 19th 03, 06:03 PM
Sending healing purrs for Polly and calming purrs for you.

--
Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv

Marina
August 19th 03, 06:20 PM
"Shirley" > wrote
> I woke up this morning to find piles of cat vomit all over the house
> and a very lethargic Polly-cat sat hunched up by the kitchen door

Poor Polly, indeed. Many many purrs coming over for her to feel better
soonest.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

polonca12000
August 19th 03, 06:27 PM
I'm so sorry to hear Polly isn't doing well. Lots of purrs and best wishes
for her to improve and lots of calming hugs for you, Shirley,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Shirley" > wrote in message
> I woke up this morning to find piles of cat vomit all over the house
> and a very lethargic Polly-cat sat hunched up by the kitchen door
> <queue panic mode> , she tried to follow me into the kitchen but only
> managed a couple of steps because her back legs were very wobbly
> <major panic mode>. <snip>

lrulan
August 19th 03, 07:01 PM
Poor Polly. We will purr and pray and light a candle for her quick recovery.
Give me extra skritches and hugs from us.
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from now until the end of time

"Shirley" > wrote in message
> I woke up this morning to find piles of cat vomit all over the house
> and a very lethargic Polly-cat sat hunched up by the kitchen door
> <queue panic mode> , she tried to follow me into the kitchen but only
> managed a couple of steps because her back legs were very wobbly
> <major panic mode>. I got an appointment with TED and rushed her
> there, it seems she has gastritis possibly from a hairball, her temp
> was 104 so she got a shot to bring that down, a shot to stop the
> vomiting and a shot of anti-biotic. Polly behaved herself during the
> consult and I only had to remove a furry starfish from my chest once
> during her exam <to spare TED's and my blushes of him having to
> rummage around my chest area to do the exam>.
>
> Polly has settled down now and is laying in the bedroom but she hasn't
> been near her food or water bowl yet. If she doesn't improve by the
> morning we have to go back to TED. Since this morning she's vomited
> twice more and still seems to be in quite a bit of discomfort <poor
> baby> so if she could have some of your special purrs it would help
> enormously.
>
> --
> Shirley (off to check on the invalid)
> see my cats at
> http://communities.msn.co.uk/Friendsfamilyandfelines2
> http://uk.msnusers.com/friendsfamilyandfelines3

Ginger-lyn Summer
August 19th 03, 07:25 PM
On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 15:56:33 +0100, "Shirley"
> wrote:

>I woke up this morning to find piles of cat vomit all over the house
>and a very lethargic Polly-cat sat hunched up by the kitchen door
><queue panic mode> , she tried to follow me into the kitchen but only
>managed a couple of steps because her back legs were very wobbly
><major panic mode>. I got an appointment with TED and rushed her
>there, it seems she has gastritis possibly from a hairball, her temp
>was 104 so she got a shot to bring that down, a shot to stop the
>vomiting and a shot of anti-biotic. Polly behaved herself during the
>consult and I only had to remove a furry starfish from my chest once
>during her exam <to spare TED's and my blushes of him having to
>rummage around my chest area to do the exam>.
>
>Polly has settled down now and is laying in the bedroom but she hasn't
>been near her food or water bowl yet. If she doesn't improve by the
>morning we have to go back to TED. Since this morning she's vomited
>twice more and still seems to be in quite a bit of discomfort <poor
>baby> so if she could have some of your special purrs it would help
>enormously.
>
>--
>Shirley (off to check on the invalid)
>see my cats at
>http://communities.msn.co.uk/Friendsfamilyandfelines2
>http://uk.msnusers.com/friendsfamilyandfelines3

Purrs that Polly feels better.

What is it with cats vomiting right now? We had a scare with Brando
last week, when he vomited more than I thought a cat could vomit, with
some blood in it, too. Took him into TED, and they could find no
problems so asked if they could keep him overnight, hoping he would
present them with a, umm, special gift that could help in diagnosis.
Brando is a former feral. Brando was not about to present them with
any gift. He spent the entire time not looking anyone in the eye, and
sitting stiffly in the cage. So I brought him home to keep an eye on
him. So far, no more vomit. Hope it was just a nasty hairball.

Ginger-lyn

m. L. Briggs
August 19th 03, 07:51 PM
On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 18:25:34 GMT, (Ginger-lyn
Summer) wrote:

>On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 15:56:33 +0100, "Shirley"
> wrote:
>
>>I woke up this morning to find piles of cat vomit all over the house
>>and a very lethargic Polly-cat sat hunched up by the kitchen door
>><queue panic mode> , she tried to follow me into the kitchen but only
>>managed a couple of steps because her back legs were very wobbly
>><major panic mode>. I got an appointment with TED and rushed her
>>there, it seems she has gastritis possibly from a hairball, her temp
>>was 104 so she got a shot to bring that down, a shot to stop the
>>vomiting and a shot of anti-biotic. Polly behaved herself during the
>>consult and I only had to remove a furry starfish from my chest once
>>during her exam <to spare TED's and my blushes of him having to
>>rummage around my chest area to do the exam>.
>>
>>Polly has settled down now and is laying in the bedroom but she hasn't
>>been near her food or water bowl yet. If she doesn't improve by the
>>morning we have to go back to TED. Since this morning she's vomited
>>twice more and still seems to be in quite a bit of discomfort <poor
>>baby> so if she could have some of your special purrs it would help
>>enormously.
>>
>>--
>>Shirley (off to check on the invalid)
>>see my cats at
>>http://communities.msn.co.uk/Friendsfamilyandfelines2
>>http://uk.msnusers.com/friendsfamilyandfelines3
>>

>Purrs that Polly feels better.
>
>What is it with cats vomiting right now? We had a scare with Brando
>last week, when he vomited more than I thought a cat could vomit, with
>some blood in it, too. Took him into TED, and they could find no
>problems so asked if they could keep him overnight, hoping he would
>present them with a, umm, special gift that could help in diagnosis.
>Brando is a former feral. Brando was not about to present them with
>any gift. He spent the entire time not looking anyone in the eye, and
>sitting stiffly in the cage. So I brought him home to keep an eye on
>him. So far, no more vomit. Hope it was just a nasty hairball.
>
>Ginger-lyn

Do you suppose these cats could have eaten a bug? It's that time of
the year when bugs try to get inside. A cat that goes outside could
find lots of them MLB

Hopitus2
August 19th 03, 08:37 PM
Poor Polly! Beaming healing-purrs and meatloaf meditations up from south FL
to both of you!

: Summer) wrote:
:
: >On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 15:56:33 +0100, "Shirley"
: > wrote:
: >
: >>I woke up this morning to find piles of cat vomit all over the house
: >>and a very lethargic Polly-cat sat hunched up by the kitchen door
: >><queue panic mode> , she tried to follow me into the kitchen but only
: >>managed a couple of steps because her back legs were very wobbly
: >><major panic mode>. I got an appointment with TED and rushed her
: >>there, it seems she has gastritis possibly from a hairball, her temp
: >>was 104 so she got a shot to bring that down, a shot to stop the
: >>vomiting and a shot of anti-biotic. Polly behaved herself during the
: >>consult and I only had to remove a furry starfish from my chest once
: >>during her exam <to spare TED's and my blushes of him having to
: >>rummage around my chest area to do the exam>.
: >>
: >>Polly has settled down now and is laying in the bedroom but she hasn't
: >>been near her food or water bowl yet. If she doesn't improve by the
: >>morning we have to go back to TED. Since this morning she's vomited
: >>twice more and still seems to be in quite a bit of discomfort <poor
: >>baby> so if she could have some of your special purrs it would help
: >>enormously.
: >>
: >>--
[...]

August 19th 03, 10:21 PM
Poor Brando! Hoping and sending best wishes and purrs for him to be well,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Ginger-lyn Summer" > wrote in message
<snip> We had a scare with Brando
> last week, when he vomited more than I thought a cat could vomit, with
> some blood in it, too.

Tanada
August 19th 03, 11:08 PM
Shirley wrote:

> Polly has settled down now and is laying in the bedroom but she hasn't
> been near her food or water bowl yet. If she doesn't improve by the
> morning we have to go back to TED. Since this morning she's vomited
> twice more and still seems to be in quite a bit of discomfort <poor
> baby> so if she could have some of your special purrs it would help
> enormously.

Purrs and healing thoughts for Miss Polly to feel better soon.

Pam, Rob, and the NC nine

Shirley
August 19th 03, 11:09 PM
"m. L. Briggs" > wrote in message

> Do you suppose these cats could have eaten a bug? It's that time of
> the year when bugs try to get inside. A cat that goes outside could
> find lots of them MLB

Polly is an indoors only cat but she was chasing a bug (moth) around
the conservatory yesterday evening.
--
Shirley
see my cats at
http://communities.msn.co.uk/Friendsfamilyandfelines2
http://uk.msnusers.com/friendsfamilyandfelines3

bewtifulfreak
August 19th 03, 11:12 PM
Shirley wrote:
> "m. L. Briggs" > wrote in message
>>
>> Do you suppose these cats could have eaten a bug? It's that time of
>> the year when bugs try to get inside. A cat that goes outside could
>> find lots of them MLB
>
> Polly is an indoors only cat but she was chasing a bug (moth) around
> the conservatory yesterday evening.

If moths can cause tummy upsets, my Greebo is in big trouble, they're one of
his favorite snacks!

Hope the vet can get Polly sorted very soon, poor sweetie.... :(

Ann

--

http://www.angelfire.com/ca/bewtifulfreak

Shirley
August 19th 03, 11:14 PM
"Ginger-lyn Summer" > wrote in message

> Purrs that Polly feels better.
>
> What is it with cats vomiting right now? We had a scare with Brando
> last week, when he vomited more than I thought a cat could vomit,
with
> some blood in it, too. Took him into TED, and they could find no
> problems so asked if they could keep him overnight, hoping he would
> present them with a, umm, special gift that could help in diagnosis.
> Brando is a former feral. Brando was not about to present them with
> any gift. He spent the entire time not looking anyone in the eye,
and
> sitting stiffly in the cage. So I brought him home to keep an eye
on
> him. So far, no more vomit. Hope it was just a nasty hairball.

I hope Brando is fully recovered. I examined some of Polly's 'special
gifts' after we got back from TED and there was some evidence of a
furball in the litterbox offering, she's still very uncomfortable and
not feeling at all well, she didn't even react when Smudge sat within
6" of her and that is not normal.
--
Shirley
see my cats at
http://communities.msn.co.uk/Friendsfamilyandfelines2
http://uk.msnusers.com/friendsfamilyandfelines3

Brenda Watkins
August 19th 03, 11:16 PM
"Shirley" > wrote in message
> I woke up this morning to find piles of cat vomit all over the house
> and a very lethargic Polly-cat sat hunched up by the kitchen door
> <queue panic mode> , she tried to follow me into the kitchen but only
> managed a couple of steps because her back legs were very wobbly
> <major panic mode>. I got an appointment with TED and rushed her
> there, it seems she has gastritis possibly from a hairball, her temp
> was 104 so she got a shot to bring that down, a shot to stop the
> vomiting and a shot of anti-biotic. Polly behaved herself during the
> consult and I only had to remove a furry starfish from my chest once
> during her exam <to spare TED's and my blushes of him having to
> rummage around my chest area to do the exam>.
>
> Polly has settled down now and is laying in the bedroom but she hasn't
> been near her food or water bowl yet. If she doesn't improve by the
> morning we have to go back to TED. Since this morning she's vomited
> twice more and still seems to be in quite a bit of discomfort <poor
> baby> so if she could have some of your special purrs it would help
> enormously.
>
> --
> Shirley (off to check on the invalid)
> see my cats at
> http://communities.msn.co.uk/Friendsfamilyandfelines2
> http://uk.msnusers.com/friendsfamilyandfelines3

purrs enroute for Polly.
Brenda

Steve Touchstone
August 20th 03, 01:30 AM
On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 15:56:33 +0100, "Shirley"
> wrote:

>I woke up this morning to find piles of cat vomit all over the house
>and a very lethargic Polly-cat sat hunched up by the kitchen door
><queue panic mode> , she tried to follow me into the kitchen but only
>managed a couple of steps because her back legs were very wobbly
><major panic mode>. I got an appointment with TED and rushed her
>there, it seems she has gastritis possibly from a hairball, her temp
>was 104 so she got a shot to bring that down, a shot to stop the
>vomiting and a shot of anti-biotic. Polly behaved herself during the
>consult and I only had to remove a furry starfish from my chest once
>during her exam <to spare TED's and my blushes of him having to
>rummage around my chest area to do the exam>.
>
>Polly has settled down now and is laying in the bedroom but she hasn't
>been near her food or water bowl yet. If she doesn't improve by the
>morning we have to go back to TED. Since this morning she's vomited
>twice more and still seems to be in quite a bit of discomfort <poor
>baby> so if she could have some of your special purrs it would help
>enormously.

anti-puke purrs enroute for poor Polly

Sam Nash
August 20th 03, 02:28 AM
"Shirley" > wrote in message
> I woke up this morning to find piles of cat vomit all over the house
> and a very lethargic Polly-cat sat hunched up by the kitchen door
> <queue panic mode> , she tried to follow me into the kitchen but only
> managed a couple of steps because her back legs were very wobbly
> <major panic mode>. I got an appointment with TED and rushed her
> there, it seems she has gastritis possibly from a hairball, her temp
> was 104 so she got a shot to bring that down, a shot to stop the
> vomiting and a shot of anti-biotic. Polly behaved herself during the
> consult and I only had to remove a furry starfish from my chest once
> during her exam <to spare TED's and my blushes of him having to
> rummage around my chest area to do the exam>.
>
> Polly has settled down now and is laying in the bedroom but she hasn't
> been near her food or water bowl yet. If she doesn't improve by the
> morning we have to go back to TED. Since this morning she's vomited
> twice more and still seems to be in quite a bit of discomfort <poor
> baby> so if she could have some of your special purrs it would help
> enormously.
>
> --
> Shirley (off to check on the invalid)
> see my cats at
> http://communities.msn.co.uk/Friendsfamilyandfelines2
> http://uk.msnusers.com/friendsfamilyandfelines3

Special "get better quick" purrs on the way across the pond.
Sam

LOL
August 20th 03, 04:38 AM
"Shirley" > wrote in message >...
> I woke up this morning to find piles of cat vomit all over the house
> and a very lethargic Polly-cat sat hunched up by the kitchen door
> <queue panic mode> , she tried to follow me into the kitchen but only
> managed a couple of steps because her back legs were very wobbly
> <major panic mode>. I got an appointment with TED and rushed her
> there, it seems she has gastritis possibly from a hairball, her temp
> was 104 so she got a shot to bring that down, a shot to stop the
> vomiting and a shot of anti-biotic. Polly behaved herself during the
> consult and I only had to remove a furry starfish from my chest once
> during her exam <to spare TED's and my blushes of him having to
> rummage around my chest area to do the exam>.
>
> Polly has settled down now and is laying in the bedroom but she hasn't
> been near her food or water bowl yet. If she doesn't improve by the
> morning we have to go back to TED. Since this morning she's vomited
> twice more and still seems to be in quite a bit of discomfort <poor
> baby> so if she could have some of your special purrs it would help
> enormously.

Awww, poor baby! I hope the shots are all it takes to fix her up, and
that Polly feels better right away. We are sending purrs her way.

------
Krista

Byron & Christine Burel
August 20th 03, 05:27 AM
Omgosh, Shirley, I hope it's not too late to send our very best healing
purrs for Polly to recover without more vet visits!Please let us know.
Christien
"Shirley" > wrote in message
> I woke up this morning to find piles of cat vomit all over the house
> and a very lethargic Polly-cat sat hunched up by the kitchen door
> <queue panic mode> , she tried to follow me into the kitchen but only
> managed a couple of steps because her back legs were very wobbly
> <major panic mode>. I got an appointment with TED and rushed her
> there, it seems she has gastritis possibly from a hairball, her temp
> was 104 so she got a shot to bring that down, a shot to stop the
> vomiting and a shot of anti-biotic. Polly behaved herself during the
> consult and I only had to remove a furry starfish from my chest once
> during her exam <to spare TED's and my blushes of him having to
> rummage around my chest area to do the exam>.
>
> Polly has settled down now and is laying in the bedroom but she hasn't
> been near her food or water bowl yet. If she doesn't improve by the
> morning we have to go back to TED. Since this morning she's vomited
> twice more and still seems to be in quite a bit of discomfort <poor
> baby> so if she could have some of your special purrs it would help
> enormously.
>
> --
> Shirley (off to check on the invalid)
> see my cats at
> http://communities.msn.co.uk/Friendsfamilyandfelines2
> http://uk.msnusers.com/friendsfamilyandfelines3

badwilson
August 20th 03, 10:17 AM
Poor Polly, I'm sorry to hear that. Purrs and headbutts for her to feel
better soon. Please keep us posted.
--
Britta
Check out pictures of Vino at:

"Shirley" > wrote in message
> I woke up this morning to find piles of cat vomit all over the house
> and a very lethargic Polly-cat sat hunched up by the kitchen door
> <queue panic mode> , she tried to follow me into the kitchen but only
> managed a couple of steps because her back legs were very wobbly
> <major panic mode>. I got an appointment with TED and rushed her
> there, it seems she has gastritis possibly from a hairball, her temp
> was 104 so she got a shot to bring that down, a shot to stop the
> vomiting and a shot of anti-biotic. Polly behaved herself during the
> consult and I only had to remove a furry starfish from my chest once
> during her exam <to spare TED's and my blushes of him having to
> rummage around my chest area to do the exam>.
>
> Polly has settled down now and is laying in the bedroom but she hasn't
> been near her food or water bowl yet. If she doesn't improve by the
> morning we have to go back to TED. Since this morning she's vomited
> twice more and still seems to be in quite a bit of discomfort <poor
> baby> so if she could have some of your special purrs it would help
> enormously.
>
> --
> Shirley (off to check on the invalid)
> see my cats at
> http://communities.msn.co.uk/Friendsfamilyandfelines2
> http://uk.msnusers.com/friendsfamilyandfelines3

dsh-diva
August 20th 03, 03:05 PM
On 20 Aug 2003 04:17:11 -0500, "badwilson" >
wrote:

>Poor Polly, I'm sorry to hear that. Purrs and headbutts for her to feel
>better soon. Please keep us posted.

Purrs from me and my girls. Feel better soon!!
Jennie, Xena and Callisto

Adrian
August 20th 03, 05:36 PM
Shirley wrote:
> I woke up this morning to find piles of cat vomit all over the house
> and a very lethargic Polly-cat sat hunched up by the kitchen door
> <queue panic mode> , she tried to follow me into the kitchen but only
> managed a couple of steps because her back legs were very wobbly
> <major panic mode>. I got an appointment with TED and rushed her
> there, it seems she has gastritis possibly from a hairball, her temp
> was 104 so she got a shot to bring that down, a shot to stop the
> vomiting and a shot of anti-biotic. Polly behaved herself during the
> consult and I only had to remove a furry starfish from my chest once
> during her exam <to spare TED's and my blushes of him having to
> rummage around my chest area to do the exam>.
>
> Polly has settled down now and is laying in the bedroom but she hasn't
> been near her food or water bowl yet. If she doesn't improve by the
> morning we have to go back to TED. Since this morning she's vomited
> twice more and still seems to be in quite a bit of discomfort <poor
> baby> so if she could have some of your special purrs it would help
> enormously.

Major purrs that Polly will soon be better, what a scarey experiance.
--
Adrian
A House Is Not A Home, Without A Cat.

Ginger-lyn Summer
August 20th 03, 06:15 PM
On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 12:51:07 -0600, m. L. Briggs >
wrote:

>Do you suppose these cats could have eaten a bug? It's that time of
>the year when bugs try to get inside. A cat that goes outside could
>find lots of them MLB

Brando's strictly an indoor cat, but there are certainly buggles that
get in here. Had a huge horsefly in here recently, so it's certainly
possible (although Merlyn holds the Great Hunter of Buggles title
around here).

Ginger-lyn
PS He seems to be fine, so still no idea what happened