PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Sitter needed for my two fur babies.

L. Kelly
September 18th 03, 06:17 PM
I am in a very bad situation here and need to get out of this house. I won't bore you
with all the details, but I will be going into a women's shelter for a short time until I
can find work and get settled again...no cats allowed... :-( What I need is someone to
take my two boys for that time. I''m hoping that it won't be any longer than 2 to 4
weeks, if all goes according to plan.

Brat (Siamese) was declawed on all 4 feet by his previous owner. Linus (Maine Coon) has
not been declawed. Both are neutered and both are well behaved. You can see them by
clicking on the link to my Yahoo album below.

I am looking for someone in Red Deer, Alberta, as that is where I will be moving from
here, and I would like to at least be able to visit with them. I will miss them terribly
and I'm certain that I won't be able to sleep without my bed companions, but as long as I
know I can get them home again, I will get by.

Is there anyone in Red Deer who would be willing to help me out here?....Please?

--
Hugs,
Lynn

*strip CLOTHES to reply*
Homepage: http://members.shaw.ca/sewfinefashions/
See my boys: http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/papavince_29/

kaeli
September 18th 03, 07:33 PM
In article >,
enlightened us with...
> I am in a very bad situation here and need to get out of this house. I won't bore you
> with all the details, but I will be going into a women's shelter for a short time until I
> can find work and get settled again...no cats allowed... :-( What I need is someone to
> take my two boys for that time. I''m hoping that it won't be any longer than 2 to 4
> weeks, if all goes according to plan.

Please also try calling the local pet shelters. The shelter I volunteer
at (Illinois, US) has a program where we keep a pet for a time (up to 2
months) for victims of domestic abuse. Perhaps the pet shelters there
have a similar program...?

Good luck.

~kaeli~
Hey, if you got it flaunt it! If you don't, stare
at someone who does. Just don't lick the TV screen,
it leaves streaks.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

kaeli
September 18th 03, 07:33 PM
In article >,
enlightened us with...
> I am in a very bad situation here and need to get out of this house. I won't bore you
> with all the details, but I will be going into a women's shelter for a short time until I
> can find work and get settled again...no cats allowed... :-( What I need is someone to
> take my two boys for that time. I''m hoping that it won't be any longer than 2 to 4
> weeks, if all goes according to plan.

Please also try calling the local pet shelters. The shelter I volunteer
at (Illinois, US) has a program where we keep a pet for a time (up to 2
months) for victims of domestic abuse. Perhaps the pet shelters there
have a similar program...?

Good luck.

~kaeli~
Hey, if you got it flaunt it! If you don't, stare
at someone who does. Just don't lick the TV screen,
it leaves streaks.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

kaeli
September 18th 03, 07:33 PM
In article >,
enlightened us with...
> I am in a very bad situation here and need to get out of this house. I won't bore you
> with all the details, but I will be going into a women's shelter for a short time until I
> can find work and get settled again...no cats allowed... :-( What I need is someone to
> take my two boys for that time. I''m hoping that it won't be any longer than 2 to 4
> weeks, if all goes according to plan.

Please also try calling the local pet shelters. The shelter I volunteer
at (Illinois, US) has a program where we keep a pet for a time (up to 2
months) for victims of domestic abuse. Perhaps the pet shelters there
have a similar program...?

Good luck.

~kaeli~
Hey, if you got it flaunt it! If you don't, stare
at someone who does. Just don't lick the TV screen,
it leaves streaks.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

Rona Yuthasastrakosol
September 18th 03, 09:14 PM
"L. Kelly" > wrote in message
> I am in a very bad situation here and need to get out of this house. I
won't bore you
> with all the details, but I will be going into a women's shelter for a
short time until I
> can find work and get settled again...no cats allowed... :-( What I
need is someone to
> take my two boys for that time. I''m hoping that it won't be any longer
than 2 to 4
> weeks, if all goes according to plan.

<snip>

Based on Kaeli's post I looked up Red Deer's Humane Society and found this:

Women's Shelter Program/Service:

go to the Emergency Women's Shelter.

Goals: Studies indicate that the family pet is often the tool used to
control and/or abuse a family member. If the woman and her children have the
option of a safe place for their pet, it increases the likelihood of them
seeking safe shelter. Some will return to the violent relationship for fear
of the family pet(s).

from http://www.reddeerspca.com/programs.htm

If that fails, I'm in Winnipeg and if you could find a way to get them here,
I would take them for a few weeks. My cat wouldn't be too happy about
losing her room, but she'll survive :-).

Good luck, and let me know if you need any help.

rona

Rona Yuthasastrakosol
September 18th 03, 09:14 PM

"L. Kelly" > wrote in message
> I am in a very bad situation here and need to get out of this house. I
won't bore you
> with all the details, but I will be going into a women's shelter for a
short time until I
> can find work and get settled again...no cats allowed... :-( What I
need is someone to
> take my two boys for that time. I''m hoping that it won't be any longer
than 2 to 4
> weeks, if all goes according to plan.

<snip>

Based on Kaeli's post I looked up Red Deer's Humane Society and found this:

Women's Shelter Program/Service:

go to the Emergency Women's Shelter.

Goals: Studies indicate that the family pet is often the tool used to
control and/or abuse a family member. If the woman and her children have the
option of a safe place for their pet, it increases the likelihood of them
seeking safe shelter. Some will return to the violent relationship for fear
of the family pet(s).

from http://www.reddeerspca.com/programs.htm

If that fails, I'm in Winnipeg and if you could find a way to get them here,
I would take them for a few weeks. My cat wouldn't be too happy about
losing her room, but she'll survive :-).

Good luck, and let me know if you need any help.

rona

Cheryl
September 18th 03, 09:25 PM
In ,
L. Kelly > composed with style:

> Is there anyone in Red Deer who would be willing to help me out
> here?....Please?

I'm sorry for what you're going through and pray this works out for
you. I think the other suggestions were good ones. Any family who
can take them? I suppose not since you would have gone that route
first. :(

Cheryl
September 18th 03, 09:25 PM
In ,
L. Kelly > composed with style:

> Is there anyone in Red Deer who would be willing to help me out
> here?....Please?

I'm sorry for what you're going through and pray this works out for
you. I think the other suggestions were good ones. Any family who
can take them? I suppose not since you would have gone that route
first. :(

Cheryl
September 18th 03, 09:25 PM
In ,
L. Kelly > composed with style:

> Is there anyone in Red Deer who would be willing to help me out
> here?....Please?

I'm sorry for what you're going through and pray this works out for
you. I think the other suggestions were good ones. Any family who
can take them? I suppose not since you would have gone that route
first. :(

L. Kelly
September 19th 03, 04:02 AM
I hope so too. Thank you very much. Everyone has been so kind and helpful.

--

"kaeli" > wrote in message
| In article >,
| enlightened us with...
| > I am in a very bad situation here and need to get out of this house. I won't bore you
| > with all the details, but I will be going into a women's shelter for a short time
until I
| > can find work and get settled again...no cats allowed... :-( What I need is
someone to
| > take my two boys for that time. I''m hoping that it won't be any longer than 2 to 4
| > weeks, if all goes according to plan.
| >

| Please also try calling the local pet shelters. The shelter I volunteer
| at (Illinois, US) has a program where we keep a pet for a time (up to 2
| months) for victims of domestic abuse. Perhaps the pet shelters there
| have a similar program...?
|
| Good luck.
|
| -------------------------------------------------
| ~kaeli~
| Hey, if you got it flaunt it! If you don't, stare
| at someone who does. Just don't lick the TV screen,
| it leaves streaks.
| http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
| http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace
| -------------------------------------------------

L. Kelly
September 19th 03, 04:05 AM
Oh Rona!

Thank you so much for that. It sure sounds good. I will contact them tomorrow as well. I
am safe for tonight and am hoping to leave here by tomorrow sometime, if all goes
according to plan.

Thanks again!

--

"Rona Yuthasastrakosol" > wrote in message

> [...]

| than 2 to 4
| > weeks, if all goes according to plan.
| >

| <snip>
|
| Based on Kaeli's post I looked up Red Deer's Humane Society and found this:
|
| Women's Shelter Program/Service:

| go to the Emergency Women's Shelter.
|
| Goals: Studies indicate that the family pet is often the tool used to
| control and/or abuse a family member. If the woman and her children have the
| option of a safe place for their pet, it increases the likelihood of them
| seeking safe shelter. Some will return to the violent relationship for fear
| of the family pet(s).
|
| from http://www.reddeerspca.com/programs.htm
|
| If that fails, I'm in Winnipeg and if you could find a way to get them here,
| I would take them for a few weeks. My cat wouldn't be too happy about
| losing her room, but she'll survive :-).
|
| Good luck, and let me know if you need any help.

L. Kelly
September 19th 03, 04:07 AM
He Chryl,

Thanks so much for your supportive words. Unfortunately the only family I have is about
2500 miles away. I have no one here who can take them for me...not even friends. I have
only lived in this town for a very short time and have worked full time. That makes it
more than a bit difficult to meet and make friends.

I will follow up on all the other suggestions. Thanks to all of you!