PDA

View Full Version : Scabs on kittens tails and feet

Stuart Kearns
September 19th 03, 12:45 AM
Help - A stray cat recently had a litter of kittens in our garage. We
have decided to raise them until they are old enough to give away. At
about 2 weeks old, we noticed that their tails and feet were covered
with scabs. The tips of two kittens tails have actually fallen off.
This is my first time raising kittens. Has anyone ever seen anything
like this?

-L.
September 19th 03, 09:20 AM
(Stuart Kearns) wrote in message >...
> Help - A stray cat recently had a litter of kittens in our garage. We
> have decided to raise them until they are old enough to give away. At
> about 2 weeks old, we noticed that their tails and feet were covered
> with scabs. The tips of two kittens tails have actually fallen off.
> This is my first time raising kittens. Has anyone ever seen anything
> like this?

It be a number of things - they need to be seen by a vet. There is a
parasite called kitten lice, which can be treated. It could be
scabies, fleas, fungus - get them to a vet!