PDA

View Full Version : Jake the cat (stray cat update)

Cheryl
September 25th 03, 02:10 AM
Jake the stray I rehomed a bit over a week ago is doing great with his
new Paw. He is already getting harness trained and accepting it fine.
He's had a rough week with the hurricane that came through but better
than weathering it outdoors. His new home got flooded and he pawed at
his new Paw to wake him up to tell him about the water covering the
floor; he took to a small relocation to a friends house while the
house was being dried out. He wasn't thrilled about the friends cat
but didn't fight or anything, and amazingly he made friends with the
dog and snuggled up with him during their stay. He shows no interest
in trying to get outside but he has already made the link between the
harness and going outside for a little walk and fresh air. He also
will not let his new Paw out of his site when he's home. He seems ok
when he goes to work (evident only in that he doesn't destroy things
under duress and that he's overly active at night indicating that he
probably slept all day). The adoption of Lightning the gray stray is
being delayed due to work that has to be done on the house from the
storm damage but he is still anxious to get him in, too. The only
problem he's having is adjusting to eating wet food which surprises me
since that is mostly what he ate here. He's getting the exact same
food I fed him (I gave him the leftover case) but his appetite while
not bad, is down a bit but it's only been just over a week. Perfect
health according to the vet and neg. to FeLV/FIV and extremely laid
back and friendly. This update amazed me that he was a stray/feral
but he is/was. The guy who adopted him is just totally in love and
said that Jake (now being named Bandit.... Bandit Jake for now...
because he wants to rename Lightning to Smokey) is very intuitive of
my friends moods especially now with all the storm damage and other
personal issues and is extremely snuggly and consoling. This guy said
Jake is almost literally saving his sanity. It was meant to be.

Karen
September 25th 03, 04:40 AM
in article , Cheryl at
wrote on 9/24/03 8:10 PM:

> Jake the stray I rehomed a bit over a week ago is doing great with his
> new Paw. He is already getting harness trained and accepting it fine.
> He's had a rough week with the hurricane that came through but better
> than weathering it outdoors. His new home got flooded and he pawed at
> his new Paw to wake him up to tell him about the water covering the
> floor; he took to a small relocation to a friends house while the
> house was being dried out. He wasn't thrilled about the friends cat
> but didn't fight or anything, and amazingly he made friends with the
> dog and snuggled up with him during their stay. He shows no interest
> in trying to get outside but he has already made the link between the
> harness and going outside for a little walk and fresh air. He also
> will not let his new Paw out of his site when he's home. He seems ok
> when he goes to work (evident only in that he doesn't destroy things
> under duress and that he's overly active at night indicating that he
> probably slept all day). The adoption of Lightning the gray stray is
> being delayed due to work that has to be done on the house from the
> storm damage but he is still anxious to get him in, too. The only
> problem he's having is adjusting to eating wet food which surprises me
> since that is mostly what he ate here. He's getting the exact same
> food I fed him (I gave him the leftover case) but his appetite while
> not bad, is down a bit but it's only been just over a week. Perfect
> health according to the vet and neg. to FeLV/FIV and extremely laid
> back and friendly. This update amazed me that he was a stray/feral
> but he is/was. The guy who adopted him is just totally in love and
> said that Jake (now being named Bandit.... Bandit Jake for now...
> because he wants to rename Lightning to Smokey) is very intuitive of
> my friends moods especially now with all the storm damage and other
> personal issues and is extremely snuggly and consoling. This guy said
> Jake is almost literally saving his sanity. It was meant to be.

Wonderful:)

Karen
September 25th 03, 04:40 AM
in article , Cheryl at

wrote on 9/24/03 8:10 PM:

> Jake the stray I rehomed a bit over a week ago is doing great with his
> new Paw. He is already getting harness trained and accepting it fine.
> He's had a rough week with the hurricane that came through but better
> than weathering it outdoors. His new home got flooded and he pawed at
> his new Paw to wake him up to tell him about the water covering the
> floor; he took to a small relocation to a friends house while the
> house was being dried out. He wasn't thrilled about the friends cat
> but didn't fight or anything, and amazingly he made friends with the
> dog and snuggled up with him during their stay. He shows no interest
> in trying to get outside but he has already made the link between the
> harness and going outside for a little walk and fresh air. He also
> will not let his new Paw out of his site when he's home. He seems ok
> when he goes to work (evident only in that he doesn't destroy things
> under duress and that he's overly active at night indicating that he
> probably slept all day). The adoption of Lightning the gray stray is
> being delayed due to work that has to be done on the house from the
> storm damage but he is still anxious to get him in, too. The only
> problem he's having is adjusting to eating wet food which surprises me
> since that is mostly what he ate here. He's getting the exact same
> food I fed him (I gave him the leftover case) but his appetite while
> not bad, is down a bit but it's only been just over a week. Perfect
> health according to the vet and neg. to FeLV/FIV and extremely laid
> back and friendly. This update amazed me that he was a stray/feral
> but he is/was. The guy who adopted him is just totally in love and
> said that Jake (now being named Bandit.... Bandit Jake for now...
> because he wants to rename Lightning to Smokey) is very intuitive of
> my friends moods especially now with all the storm damage and other
> personal issues and is extremely snuggly and consoling. This guy said
> Jake is almost literally saving his sanity. It was meant to be.

Wonderful:)

Karen M.
September 25th 03, 05:57 PM
Cheryl wrote:

> Jake the stray I rehomed a bit over a week ago is doing great with his
> new Paw. He is already getting harness trained and accepting it fine.
> He's had a rough week with the hurricane that came through but better
> than weathering it outdoors. His new home got flooded and he pawed at
> his new Paw to wake him up to tell him about the water covering the
> floor;

That is so cool! Animals are amazing!

he took to a small relocation to a friends house while the
> house was being dried out. He wasn't thrilled about the friends cat
> but didn't fight or anything, and amazingly he made friends with the
> dog and snuggled up with him during their stay.

I always love that - when mine cuddle up with my dog I get so happy... :)

He shows no interest
> in trying to get outside but he has already made the link between the
> harness and going outside for a little walk and fresh air. He also
> will not let his new Paw out of his site when he's home. He seems ok
> when he goes to work (evident only in that he doesn't destroy things
> under duress and that he's overly active at night indicating that he
> probably slept all day). The adoption of Lightning the gray stray is
> being delayed due to work that has to be done on the house from the
> storm damage but he is still anxious to get him in, too. The only
> problem he's having is adjusting to eating wet food which surprises me
> since that is mostly what he ate here. He's getting the exact same
> food I fed him (I gave him the leftover case) but his appetite while
> not bad, is down a bit but it's only been just over a week. Perfect
> health according to the vet and neg. to FeLV/FIV and extremely laid
> back and friendly. This update amazed me that he was a stray/feral
> but he is/was. The guy who adopted him is just totally in love and
> said that Jake (now being named Bandit.... Bandit Jake for now...
> because he wants to rename Lightning to Smokey) is very intuitive of
> my friends moods especially now with all the storm damage and other
> personal issues and is extremely snuggly and consoling. This guy said
> Jake is almost literally saving his sanity. It was meant to be.

I'm so glad these two have such a great dad, er Paw! It *totally* sounds
meant to be, and I'm glad Jake/Bandit was able to move in with your
friend in time to help out during this rough spot. :)

Karen M.
September 25th 03, 05:57 PM

Cheryl wrote:

> Jake the stray I rehomed a bit over a week ago is doing great with his
> new Paw. He is already getting harness trained and accepting it fine.
> He's had a rough week with the hurricane that came through but better
> than weathering it outdoors. His new home got flooded and he pawed at
> his new Paw to wake him up to tell him about the water covering the
> floor;

That is so cool! Animals are amazing!

he took to a small relocation to a friends house while the
> house was being dried out. He wasn't thrilled about the friends cat
> but didn't fight or anything, and amazingly he made friends with the
> dog and snuggled up with him during their stay.

I always love that - when mine cuddle up with my dog I get so happy... :)

He shows no interest
> in trying to get outside but he has already made the link between the
> harness and going outside for a little walk and fresh air. He also
> will not let his new Paw out of his site when he's home. He seems ok
> when he goes to work (evident only in that he doesn't destroy things
> under duress and that he's overly active at night indicating that he
> probably slept all day). The adoption of Lightning the gray stray is
> being delayed due to work that has to be done on the house from the
> storm damage but he is still anxious to get him in, too. The only
> problem he's having is adjusting to eating wet food which surprises me
> since that is mostly what he ate here. He's getting the exact same
> food I fed him (I gave him the leftover case) but his appetite while
> not bad, is down a bit but it's only been just over a week. Perfect
> health according to the vet and neg. to FeLV/FIV and extremely laid
> back and friendly. This update amazed me that he was a stray/feral
> but he is/was. The guy who adopted him is just totally in love and
> said that Jake (now being named Bandit.... Bandit Jake for now...
> because he wants to rename Lightning to Smokey) is very intuitive of
> my friends moods especially now with all the storm damage and other
> personal issues and is extremely snuggly and consoling. This guy said
> Jake is almost literally saving his sanity. It was meant to be.

I'm so glad these two have such a great dad, er Paw! It *totally* sounds
meant to be, and I'm glad Jake/Bandit was able to move in with your
friend in time to help out during this rough spot. :)

Cheryl
September 27th 03, 02:17 AM
In ,
Karen M. > composed with style:

> I'm so glad these two have such a great dad, er Paw! It *totally*
> sounds meant to be, and I'm glad Jake/Bandit was able to move in
> with your friend in time to help out during this rough spot. :)

I'll be much more relieved once he can take the second one, Lightning.
It's going to be another couple of weeks now. :(

Cheryl
September 27th 03, 02:17 AM
In ,
Karen M. > composed with style: