PDA

View Full Version : Cat Spay Post Care

JDavis
September 25th 03, 03:28 AM
On Tuesday afternoon my two year old cat was spayed. I left her in
her carrier per the vet's directions and she flipped violently for
about an hour. After I couldn't stand it anymore I just held her. A
few hours later she was fine, playing like normal, eating normally.
Last night she fell asleep and it was extreamly difficult to wake her.
She is also not sleeping in her normal postions and does not move at
all while sleeping. Today she did not get off the bed until around
5:00pm when I put her in her litter box and she went. Since then she
still just falls asleep while sitting up and has no interest in eating
or drinking. I did get her to eat a few spoon fulls of yogurt (her
fav treat) and have using an irrigation syringe to give her water
every few hours. I am worried that she is sleeping too heavily and
too much. Has anyone else had this experience???

Karen
September 25th 03, 04:43 AM
in article , JDavis at
wrote on 9/24/03 9:28 PM:

> On Tuesday afternoon my two year old cat was spayed. I left her in
> her carrier per the vet's directions and she flipped violently for
> about an hour. After I couldn't stand it anymore I just held her. A
> few hours later she was fine, playing like normal, eating normally.
> Last night she fell asleep and it was extreamly difficult to wake her.
> She is also not sleeping in her normal postions and does not move at
> all while sleeping. Today she did not get off the bed until around
> 5:00pm when I put her in her litter box and she went. Since then she
> still just falls asleep while sitting up and has no interest in eating
> or drinking. I did get her to eat a few spoon fulls of yogurt (her
> fav treat) and have using an irrigation syringe to give her water
> every few hours. I am worried that she is sleeping too heavily and
> too much. Has anyone else had this experience???

Please call the vet. This does not sound normal. I suspect she will come
around, but this sounds like a pretty bad reaction to the anesthetic.

Karen

Karen
September 25th 03, 04:43 AM
in article , JDavis at

wrote on 9/24/03 9:28 PM:

> On Tuesday afternoon my two year old cat was spayed. I left her in
> her carrier per the vet's directions and she flipped violently for
> about an hour. After I couldn't stand it anymore I just held her. A
> few hours later she was fine, playing like normal, eating normally.
> Last night she fell asleep and it was extreamly difficult to wake her.
> She is also not sleeping in her normal postions and does not move at
> all while sleeping. Today she did not get off the bed until around
> 5:00pm when I put her in her litter box and she went. Since then she
> still just falls asleep while sitting up and has no interest in eating
> or drinking. I did get her to eat a few spoon fulls of yogurt (her
> fav treat) and have using an irrigation syringe to give her water
> every few hours. I am worried that she is sleeping too heavily and
> too much. Has anyone else had this experience???

Please call the vet. This does not sound normal. I suspect she will come
around, but this sounds like a pretty bad reaction to the anesthetic.

Karen

MaryL
September 25th 03, 10:50 AM
"JDavis" > wrote in message
om...
> On Tuesday afternoon my two year old cat was spayed. I left her in
> her carrier per the vet's directions and she flipped violently for
> about an hour. After I couldn't stand it anymore I just held her. A
> few hours later she was fine, playing like normal, eating normally.
> Last night she fell asleep and it was extreamly difficult to wake her.
> She is also not sleeping in her normal postions and does not move at
> all while sleeping. Today she did not get off the bed until around
> 5:00pm when I put her in her litter box and she went. Since then she
> still just falls asleep while sitting up and has no interest in eating
> or drinking. I did get her to eat a few spoon fulls of yogurt (her
> fav treat) and have using an irrigation syringe to give her water
> every few hours. I am worried that she is sleeping too heavily and
> too much. Has anyone else had this experience???

This does not sound normal; I have never seen a reaction like this. Please
call your vet ASAP, and be sure to describe the unusual behavior in detail.

Please keep us updated.

MaryL

MaryL
September 25th 03, 10:50 AM
"JDavis" > wrote in message
om...
> On Tuesday afternoon my two year old cat was spayed. I left her in
> her carrier per the vet's directions and she flipped violently for
> about an hour. After I couldn't stand it anymore I just held her. A
> few hours later she was fine, playing like normal, eating normally.
> Last night she fell asleep and it was extreamly difficult to wake her.
> She is also not sleeping in her normal postions and does not move at
> all while sleeping. Today she did not get off the bed until around
> 5:00pm when I put her in her litter box and she went. Since then she
> still just falls asleep while sitting up and has no interest in eating
> or drinking. I did get her to eat a few spoon fulls of yogurt (her
> fav treat) and have using an irrigation syringe to give her water
> every few hours. I am worried that she is sleeping too heavily and
> too much. Has anyone else had this experience???

This does not sound normal; I have never seen a reaction like this. Please
call your vet ASAP, and be sure to describe the unusual behavior in detail.

Please keep us updated.

MaryL

MaryL
September 25th 03, 10:50 AM