PDA

View Full Version : Blood in stool?

Gail
September 28th 03, 11:56 PM
She should be checked for parasites. There should be two boxes for the two
cats.
Gail

"Jade" > wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Last night when my husband and I got home, one of our cats had an
accident.
> This was the first time she had ever done this since we got her more than
> two years ago. I was not cross with her about it, because a) she'd
> obviously had diarreah, b) she went on the carpet right outside the litter
> box and did her utmost to bury it - the rug is in shreds! and c) I'm
betting
> our other cat was using the box at the time, and Sadie just couldn't wait.
>
> Now, when I was cleaning it up, I noticed traces of dark red in the stool.
> Could this be blood? I'm pretty frightened - can't wait for the vet to
open
> tomorrow so I can call. She is not off her food and seems lively as ever.
> Could it be worms or something? Nothing in her diet has changed.
>
> Jade

Jade
September 29th 03, 12:00 AM
Hi,

Last night when my husband and I got home, one of our cats had an accident.
This was the first time she had ever done this since we got her more than
two years ago. I was not cross with her about it, because a) she'd
obviously had diarreah, b) she went on the carpet right outside the litter
box and did her utmost to bury it - the rug is in shreds! and c) I'm betting
our other cat was using the box at the time, and Sadie just couldn't wait.

Now, when I was cleaning it up, I noticed traces of dark red in the stool.
Could this be blood? I'm pretty frightened - can't wait for the vet to open
tomorrow so I can call. She is not off her food and seems lively as ever.
Could it be worms or something? Nothing in her diet has changed.

Jade

Mary
September 29th 03, 04:36 AM
"Jade" > wrote
> [....] Now, when I was cleaning it up, I noticed traces of dark red in
the stool.
> Could this be blood? I'm pretty frightened - can't wait for the vet to
open
> tomorrow so I can call. She is not off her food and seems lively as
ever.
> Could it be worms or something? Nothing in her diet has changed.
>
> Jade

My cat had blood in her stool and the vet told me it just happens
sometimes. After I spent the money for a full exam and blood profile. Is
your cat indoor only? Does he or she have regular shots? Regular yearly
exams? If so, I wouldn't worry. If not, get thee to the vet. Good luck.

Mary
September 29th 03, 04:36 AM
"Jade" > wrote
> [....] Now, when I was cleaning it up, I noticed traces of dark red in
the stool.
> Could this be blood? I'm pretty frightened - can't wait for the vet to
open
> tomorrow so I can call. She is not off her food and seems lively as
ever.
> Could it be worms or something? Nothing in her diet has changed.
>
> Jade

My cat had blood in her stool and the vet told me it just happens
sometimes. After I spent the money for a full exam and blood profile. Is
your cat indoor only? Does he or she have regular shots? Regular yearly
exams? If so, I wouldn't worry. If not, get thee to the vet. Good luck.

Mary
September 29th 03, 04:36 AM
"Jade" > wrote
> [....] Now, when I was cleaning it up, I noticed traces of dark red in
the stool.
> Could this be blood? I'm pretty frightened - can't wait for the vet to
open
> tomorrow so I can call. She is not off her food and seems lively as
ever.
> Could it be worms or something? Nothing in her diet has changed.
>
> Jade

My cat had blood in her stool and the vet told me it just happens
sometimes. After I spent the money for a full exam and blood profile. Is
your cat indoor only? Does he or she have regular shots? Regular yearly
exams? If so, I wouldn't worry. If not, get thee to the vet. Good luck.

Jade
September 29th 03, 08:20 PM
> My cat had blood in her stool and the vet told me it just happens
> sometimes. After I spent the money for a full exam and blood profile. Is
> your cat indoor only? Does he or she have regular shots? Regular yearly
> exams? If so, I wouldn't worry. If not, get thee to the vet. Good luck.

Yes to all of the above, so I feel better. Thanks Mary!

Jade
September 29th 03, 08:20 PM