PDA

View Full Version : Cat 'eating' her palms - is this normal

Guy Rosman
September 29th 03, 11:45 PM
Hi
My gf's new kitten is eating her palms quite a lot. Is she just cleaning
them or should we stop her at a certain point?

If you could please mail me so I'll know a response has been made I'll be
most grateful, at
..ac .il

Thanks,
Guy Rosman

Karen M.
September 30th 03, 12:52 AM
She may be experiencing allergies - it's common for pets to chew their
paws when they're having an allergic reaction. She may have something on
them also, something that's irritating them. Try washing off her paws
with some hypo-allergenic pet wipes or a very mild soap and water
solution and see what happens. If they're still irritating her, a vet
trip is probably in order, lucky kitty.. :)

Guy Rosman wrote:

> Hi
> My gf's new kitten is eating her palms quite a lot. Is she just cleaning
> them or should we stop her at a certain point?
>
> If you could please mail me so I'll know a response has been made I'll be
> most grateful, at
> .ac .il
>
> Thanks,
> Guy Rosman

m. L. Briggs
September 30th 03, 01:14 AM
On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 00:45:23 +0200, "Guy Rosman"
> wrote:

>Hi
>My gf's new kitten is eating her palms quite a lot. Is she just cleaning
>them or should we stop her at a certain point?
>
>If you could please mail me so I'll know a response has been made I'll be
>most grateful, at
>.ac .il
>
>Thanks,
>Guy Rosman

Have you inspected her feet to see if a sliver or thorn is present?
Has she walked on small rocks? Cats do clean their feet and between
their toes, but don't "eat" their feet. How do the pads look? Are
they smooth or cracked looking?

m. L. Briggs
September 30th 03, 01:14 AM
On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 00:45:23 +0200, "Guy Rosman"
> wrote:

>Hi
>My gf's new kitten is eating her palms quite a lot. Is she just cleaning
>them or should we stop her at a certain point?
>
>If you could please mail me so I'll know a response has been made I'll be
>most grateful, at
>.ac .il
>
>Thanks,
>Guy Rosman

Have you inspected her feet to see if a sliver or thorn is present?
Has she walked on small rocks? Cats do clean their feet and between
their toes, but don't "eat" their feet. How do the pads look? Are
they smooth or cracked looking?

m. L. Briggs
September 30th 03, 01:14 AM
On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 00:45:23 +0200, "Guy Rosman"
> wrote:

>Hi
>My gf's new kitten is eating her palms quite a lot. Is she just cleaning
>them or should we stop her at a certain point?
>
>If you could please mail me so I'll know a response has been made I'll be
>most grateful, at
>.ac .il
>
>Thanks,
>Guy Rosman

Have you inspected her feet to see if a sliver or thorn is present?
Has she walked on small rocks? Cats do clean their feet and between
their toes, but don't "eat" their feet. How do the pads look? Are
they smooth or cracked looking?

Priscilla Ballou
October 3rd 03, 01:01 AM
In article >,
"Guy Rosman" > wrote:

> Hi
> My gf's new kitten is eating her palms quite a lot. Is she just cleaning
> them or should we stop her at a certain point?
>
> If you could please mail me so I'll know a response has been made I'll be
> most grateful, at
> .ac .il

If you mean she's sort of doing lick....lick....lick.....
nibble.nibble.nibble lick.... lick.... nibble.nibble that's normal.
Sometimes there are little knots of fur to be sorted out or something
stuck that needs to receive intensive work.

Priscilla

Priscilla Ballou
October 3rd 03, 01:01 AM