PDA

View Full Version : sores in mouth

VEGGIEPETA
September 30th 03, 05:24 PM
My 5 year old female cat had sores in her mouth, blood would not clot and
respiratory congestion. She had to be forced fed,too. She recently passed on .
Has anyone owned a cat with such problems? Thanx, Tina

Mary
September 30th 03, 05:40 PM
> My 5 year old female cat had sores in her mouth, blood would not clot and
>respiratory congestion. She had to be forced fed,too. She recently passed on
>.
>Has anyone owned a cat with such problems?

Sounds like possible anti-coagulant poisoning. Is someone poisoning rats or
ground squirrels in your area? Perhaps your cat ate a dying rat or squirrel or
maybe ate the poison directly. It could be other poisoning also. I had
necropsis done of some dead birds and they also had respiratory congestion, of
course could not clot and had sores. Sorry you had to go through this.

Mary
September 30th 03, 05:40 PM
> My 5 year old female cat had sores in her mouth, blood would not clot and
>respiratory congestion. She had to be forced fed,too. She recently passed on
>.
>Has anyone owned a cat with such problems?

Sounds like possible anti-coagulant poisoning. Is someone poisoning rats or
ground squirrels in your area? Perhaps your cat ate a dying rat or squirrel or
maybe ate the poison directly. It could be other poisoning also. I had
necropsis done of some dead birds and they also had respiratory congestion, of
course could not clot and had sores. Sorry you had to go through this.

Mary
September 30th 03, 05:40 PM
> My 5 year old female cat had sores in her mouth, blood would not clot and
>respiratory congestion. She had to be forced fed,too. She recently passed on
>.
>Has anyone owned a cat with such problems?

Sounds like possible anti-coagulant poisoning. Is someone poisoning rats or
ground squirrels in your area? Perhaps your cat ate a dying rat or squirrel or
maybe ate the poison directly. It could be other poisoning also. I had
necropsis done of some dead birds and they also had respiratory congestion, of
course could not clot and had sores. Sorry you had to go through this.

Karen
September 30th 03, 07:46 PM
in article , VEGGIEPETA at
wrote on 9/30/03 11:24 AM:

> My 5 year old female cat had sores in her mouth, blood would not clot and
> respiratory congestion. She had to be forced fed,too. She recently passed on .
> Has anyone owned a cat with such problems? Thanx, Tina

Sounds like poison to me. So very sorry to hear this :(

Karen

Karen
September 30th 03, 07:46 PM
in article , VEGGIEPETA at