PDA

View Full Version : Hands sore from scooping

Dave
October 3rd 03, 06:41 AM
Anyone else have sore joints in your hands from scooping? I'm having to
take Vioxx because of it. Also lots of back pain from getting down on the
floor to scoop. I've resolved that problem by buying card tables and
putting the litter boxes on top of the tables. The kitties do learn to jump
up there and use the elevated boxes!!

Dave

Sherry
October 3rd 03, 06:52 AM
>Anyone else have sore joints in your hands from scooping? I'm having to
>take Vioxx because of it. Also lots of back pain from getting down on the
>floor to scoop. I've resolved that problem by buying card tables and
>putting the litter boxes on top of the tables. The kitties do learn to jump
>up there and use the elevated boxes!!
>
>Dave

You must have a lot of cats! :-)

Sherry

Sherry
October 3rd 03, 06:52 AM
>Anyone else have sore joints in your hands from scooping? I'm having to
>take Vioxx because of it. Also lots of back pain from getting down on the
>floor to scoop. I've resolved that problem by buying card tables and
>putting the litter boxes on top of the tables. The kitties do learn to jump
>up there and use the elevated boxes!!
>
>Dave

You must have a lot of cats! :-)

Sherry

Sherry
October 3rd 03, 06:52 AM
>Anyone else have sore joints in your hands from scooping? I'm having to
>take Vioxx because of it. Also lots of back pain from getting down on the
>floor to scoop. I've resolved that problem by buying card tables and
>putting the litter boxes on top of the tables. The kitties do learn to jump
>up there and use the elevated boxes!!
>
>Dave

You must have a lot of cats! :-)

Sherry

MaryL
October 3rd 03, 09:05 AM
"Dave" > wrote in message
.. .
> Anyone else have sore joints in your hands from scooping? I'm having to
> take Vioxx because of it. Also lots of back pain from getting down on the
> floor to scoop. I've resolved that problem by buying card tables and
> putting the litter boxes on top of the tables. The kitties do learn to
jump
> up there and use the elevated boxes!!
>
> Dave

Dave,

I only have two litterboxes and have never had sore hands from scooping.
However, it does sometimes bother me to bend over that way (pain in lower
back and hips). I solved that by keeping a small (but sturdy) child's chair
to sit on during times that I notice the discomfort. It is just the right
height.

MaryL
(take out the litter to reply)

Photos of Duffy and Holly (pictorial history of my blind cat Duffy's
integration into our household):
Duffy, Part I: The Introduction -- http://tinyurl.com/8y54
Duffy, Part II: Life at Home -- http://tinyurl.com/8y56

MaryL
October 3rd 03, 09:05 AM
"Dave" > wrote in message
.. .
> Anyone else have sore joints in your hands from scooping? I'm having to
> take Vioxx because of it. Also lots of back pain from getting down on the
> floor to scoop. I've resolved that problem by buying card tables and
> putting the litter boxes on top of the tables. The kitties do learn to
jump
> up there and use the elevated boxes!!
>
> Dave

Dave,

I only have two litterboxes and have never had sore hands from scooping.
However, it does sometimes bother me to bend over that way (pain in lower
back and hips). I solved that by keeping a small (but sturdy) child's chair
to sit on during times that I notice the discomfort. It is just the right
height.

MaryL
(take out the litter to reply)

Photos of Duffy and Holly (pictorial history of my blind cat Duffy's
integration into our household):
Duffy, Part I: The Introduction -- http://tinyurl.com/8y54
Duffy, Part II: Life at Home -- http://tinyurl.com/8y56

MaryL
October 3rd 03, 09:05 AM
"Dave" > wrote in message
.. .
> Anyone else have sore joints in your hands from scooping? I'm having to
> take Vioxx because of it. Also lots of back pain from getting down on the
> floor to scoop. I've resolved that problem by buying card tables and
> putting the litter boxes on top of the tables. The kitties do learn to
jump
> up there and use the elevated boxes!!
>
> Dave

Dave,

I only have two litterboxes and have never had sore hands from scooping.
However, it does sometimes bother me to bend over that way (pain in lower
back and hips). I solved that by keeping a small (but sturdy) child's chair
to sit on during times that I notice the discomfort. It is just the right
height.

MaryL
(take out the litter to reply)

Photos of Duffy and Holly (pictorial history of my blind cat Duffy's
integration into our household):
Duffy, Part I: The Introduction -- http://tinyurl.com/8y54
Duffy, Part II: Life at Home -- http://tinyurl.com/8y56

Ollie Burger
October 3rd 03, 06:44 PM
Dave > wrote in message
.. .
> Anyone else have sore joints in your hands from scooping? I'm having to
> take Vioxx because of it. Also lots of back pain from getting down on the
> floor to scoop. I've resolved that problem by buying card tables and
> putting the litter boxes on top of the tables. The kitties do learn to jump
> up there and use the elevated boxes!!
>
> Dave

I am a Senior, have 10 cats and five
litterboxes to clean daily, and I do
share your back pain problem. I have
a comment;

Vioxx is quite expensive, as you know,
but in my case, it also caused me to
have diarrhea. I am now taking
over-the-counter glucosamine complex
with identical results, less the internal
distress that I experienced with Vioxx
(and Celebrex).

I though you may find this to be of
some interest...

OB

Ollie Burger
October 3rd 03, 06:44 PM
Dave > wrote in message
.. .
> Anyone else have sore joints in your hands from scooping? I'm having to
> take Vioxx because of it. Also lots of back pain from getting down on the
> floor to scoop. I've resolved that problem by buying card tables and
> putting the litter boxes on top of the tables. The kitties do learn to jump
> up there and use the elevated boxes!!
>
> Dave

I am a Senior, have 10 cats and five
litterboxes to clean daily, and I do
share your back pain problem. I have
a comment;

Vioxx is quite expensive, as you know,
but in my case, it also caused me to
have diarrhea. I am now taking
over-the-counter glucosamine complex
with identical results, less the internal
distress that I experienced with Vioxx
(and Celebrex).

I though you may find this to be of
some interest...

OB

Ollie Burger
October 3rd 03, 06:44 PM
Dave > wrote in message
.. .
> Anyone else have sore joints in your hands from scooping? I'm having to
> take Vioxx because of it. Also lots of back pain from getting down on the
> floor to scoop. I've resolved that problem by buying card tables and
> putting the litter boxes on top of the tables. The kitties do learn to jump
> up there and use the elevated boxes!!
>
> Dave

I am a Senior, have 10 cats and five
litterboxes to clean daily, and I do
share your back pain problem. I have
a comment;

Vioxx is quite expensive, as you know,
but in my case, it also caused me to
have diarrhea. I am now taking
over-the-counter glucosamine complex
with identical results, less the internal
distress that I experienced with Vioxx
(and Celebrex).

I though you may find this to be of
some interest...

OB

Sharon Talbert
October 3rd 03, 06:51 PM
Oh, good idea!

I bet a gardener's stool (for me, the rolling variety!) would be just the
thing, as well.

Sharon Talbert
arthritic cat rescuer
www.campuscats.org

On Fri, 3 Oct 2003, MaryL wrote:

> "Dave" > wrote in message
> .. .
> > Anyone else have sore joints in your hands from scooping? I'm having to
> > take Vioxx because of it. Also lots of back pain from getting down on the
> > floor to scoop. I've resolved that problem by buying card tables and
> > putting the litter boxes on top of the tables. The kitties do learn to
> jump
> > up there and use the elevated boxes!!
> >
> > Dave
> >

> Dave,
>
> I only have two litterboxes and have never had sore hands from scooping.
> However, it does sometimes bother me to bend over that way (pain in lower
> back and hips). I solved that by keeping a small (but sturdy) child's chair
> to sit on during times that I notice the discomfort. It is just the right
> height.
>
> MaryL
> (take out the litter to reply)
>
> Photos of Duffy and Holly (pictorial history of my blind cat Duffy's
> integration into our household):
> Duffy, Part I: The Introduction -- http://tinyurl.com/8y54
> Duffy, Part II: Life at Home -- http://tinyurl.com/8y56

Mary
October 3rd 03, 08:18 PM
>Anyone else have sore joints in your hands from scooping?

What about a self-cleaning litter box? There are a few types. I think you still
have to empty out the tray so might be best to keep them elevated.

Mary
October 3rd 03, 08:18 PM
>Anyone else have sore joints in your hands from scooping?

What about a self-cleaning litter box? There are a few types. I think you still
have to empty out the tray so might be best to keep them elevated.

Mary
October 3rd 03, 08:18 PM
>Anyone else have sore joints in your hands from scooping?

What about a self-cleaning litter box? There are a few types. I think you still
have to empty out the tray so might be best to keep them elevated.

m. L. Briggs
October 3rd 03, 09:41 PM
On Fri, 03 Oct 2003 05:41:49 GMT, "Dave" >
wrote:

>Anyone else have sore joints in your hands from scooping? I'm having to
>take Vioxx because of it. Also lots of back pain from getting down on the
>floor to scoop. I've resolved that problem by buying card tables and
>putting the litter boxes on top of the tables. The kitties do learn to jump
>up there and use the elevated boxes!!
>
>Dave

I feel for you, but am sure it is the arthritis and not the scooping
that is the cause. With arthritis, moving the joints helps (even if
it hurts) so keep scooping!