PDA

View Full Version : Carrots

Teresa
October 5th 03, 07:04 PM
I have heard that cats like to eat boiled carrots and it is good for
them to it them. Now i have just read an article where it is said that
they should not. Could anyone,pls, help me to confirm if they should
or should not eat carrots?

Elaine Rene
October 5th 03, 08:28 PM
"Teresa" > a écrit dans le message de news:
> I have heard that cats like to eat boiled carrots and it is good for
> them to it them. Now i have just read an article where it is said that
> they should not. Could anyone,pls, help me to confirm if they should
> or should not eat carrots?

Did you read the article on the internet?
If yes have you got the link? I add carrots to my cats raw food meals (not
a whole lot) and they do fine.

Elaine

Elaine Rene
October 5th 03, 08:28 PM
"Teresa" > a écrit dans le message de news:
> I have heard that cats like to eat boiled carrots and it is good for
> them to it them. Now i have just read an article where it is said that
> they should not. Could anyone,pls, help me to confirm if they should
> or should not eat carrots?

Did you read the article on the internet?
If yes have you got the link? I add carrots to my cats raw food meals (not
a whole lot) and they do fine.

Elaine

Philip ®
October 5th 03, 10:20 PM
In om,
Teresa > being of bellicose mind posted:
> I have heard that cats like to eat boiled carrots and it is good
> for them to it them. Now i have just read an article where it is
> said that they should not. Could anyone,pls, help me to confirm if
> they should or should not eat carrots?

My tabby will drink a few ounces of carrot juice from time to time
(say once a month). Strangest thing!
--

~~Philip

"Never let school interfere
with your education - Mark Twain"

Philip ®
October 5th 03, 10:20 PM
In om,
Teresa > being of bellicose mind posted:
> I have heard that cats like to eat boiled carrots and it is good
> for them to it them. Now i have just read an article where it is
> said that they should not. Could anyone,pls, help me to confirm if
> they should or should not eat carrots?

My tabby will drink a few ounces of carrot juice from time to time
(say once a month). Strangest thing!
--

~~Philip

"Never let school interfere
with your education - Mark Twain"

Phil P.
October 5th 03, 11:04 PM
"Teresa" > wrote in message
om...
> I have heard that cats like to eat boiled carrots and it is good for
> them to it them. Now i have just read an article where it is said that
> they should not. Could anyone,pls, help me to confirm if they should
> or should not eat carrots?

Carrots won't hurt cats, per se. However, cats can't convert beta carotene
into vitamin A and therefore need preformed vitamin A.

Phil.

Phil P.
October 5th 03, 11:04 PM
om...