PDA

View Full Version : Drontal- deworming

katja
October 6th 03, 03:38 AM
Hi,

My cat is an in- and outdoor cat.
Because he got worms several times when I lived in California, I
started deworming him once a month with Drontal...and I used Advance
against the flees.

A couple of weeks ago I moved to Seattle, WA. Do I have to deworm him
less frequently? Maybe every other month?

Thanks!

Cathie

Philip ®
October 6th 03, 08:17 AM
In om,
katja > being of bellicose mind posted:
> Hi,
>
> My cat is an in- and outdoor cat.
> Because he got worms several times when I lived in California, I
> started deworming him once a month with Drontal...and I used
> Advance against the flees.
>
> A couple of weeks ago I moved to Seattle, WA. Do I have to deworm
> him less frequently? Maybe every other month?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Cathie

Good grief.... Do something about the source of intestinal worms
instead of repeatedly poisoning your cat just enough to kill the
worms. Maybe you need a pet rock.
--

~~Philip

"Never let school interfere
with your education - Mark Twain"

Philip ®
October 6th 03, 08:17 AM
In om,
katja > being of bellicose mind posted:
> Hi,
>
> My cat is an in- and outdoor cat.
> Because he got worms several times when I lived in California, I
> started deworming him once a month with Drontal...and I used
> Advance against the flees.
>
> A couple of weeks ago I moved to Seattle, WA. Do I have to deworm
> him less frequently? Maybe every other month?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Cathie

Good grief.... Do something about the source of intestinal worms
instead of repeatedly poisoning your cat just enough to kill the
worms. Maybe you need a pet rock.
--

~~Philip

"Never let school interfere
with your education - Mark Twain"

Alison
October 6th 03, 01:54 PM
Hi Cathie,
is your vet advising you about worming and flea treatment . In the
Uk you can only get Dontral from the vet. The dosage depends on the
weight of the cat and should be given every THREE months, not every
month . I dose my cat every 6 months .

--
Alison

Links to animal information websites
http://mysite.freeserve.com/petinfolinks/

"katja" > wrote in message
om...
> Hi,
>
> My cat is an in- and outdoor cat.
> Because he got worms several times when I lived in California, I
> started deworming him once a month with Drontal...and I used Advance
> against the flees.
>
> A couple of weeks ago I moved to Seattle, WA. Do I have to deworm
him
> less frequently? Maybe every other month?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Cathie

Alison
October 6th 03, 01:54 PM
Hi Cathie,
is your vet advising you about worming and flea treatment . In the
Uk you can only get Dontral from the vet. The dosage depends on the
weight of the cat and should be given every THREE months, not every
month . I dose my cat every 6 months .

--
Alison

Links to animal information websites
http://mysite.freeserve.com/petinfolinks/

"katja" > wrote in message
om...
> Hi,
>
> My cat is an in- and outdoor cat.
> Because he got worms several times when I lived in California, I
> started deworming him once a month with Drontal...and I used Advance
> against the flees.
>
> A couple of weeks ago I moved to Seattle, WA. Do I have to deworm
him
> less frequently? Maybe every other month?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Cathie

Gail
October 6th 03, 02:31 PM
You should not be worming that frequently with Drontal. Check with your vet.
Gail
"katja" > wrote in message
om...
> Hi,
>
> My cat is an in- and outdoor cat.
> Because he got worms several times when I lived in California, I
> started deworming him once a month with Drontal...and I used Advance
> against the flees.
>
> A couple of weeks ago I moved to Seattle, WA. Do I have to deworm him
> less frequently? Maybe every other month?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Cathie

Gail
October 6th 03, 02:31 PM
You should not be worming that frequently with Drontal. Check with your vet.
Gail
om...