PDA

View Full Version : Amber's back home - or is she?

---MIKE---
October 8th 03, 11:48 PM
Amber had her dental work today. I picked her up about 4 PM but when
she got home, she ran and hid. Now, if I try to approach her, she still
hides, and growls and spits. This is not like her at all - she is
usually very mellow. Despite not having any breakfast, she won't eat
anything. I'm worried.

-MIKE

Iso
October 9th 03, 12:07 AM
It's acting like a normal cat. You may want to contact your vet and see what
they recommend regarding feeding the cat. Considering it had dental surgery,
it probably can't eat. I would suggest that you leave some wet food out
through out the evening and see if it has eaten when you wake up the next
morning. The cat is probably in a bit of pain. Just leave it alone and
hopefully she will come around. If she doesn't come around in a few days,
contact your vet.

"---MIKE---" > wrote in message
> Amber had her dental work today. I picked her up about 4 PM but when
> she got home, she ran and hid. Now, if I try to approach her, she still
> hides, and growls and spits. This is not like her at all - she is
> usually very mellow. Despite not having any breakfast, she won't eat
> anything. I'm worried.
>

> -MIKE

Cheryl
October 9th 03, 01:58 AM
In ,
---MIKE--- > composed with style:
> Amber had her dental work today. I picked her up about 4 PM but
> when she got home, she ran and hid. Now, if I try to approach her,
> she still hides, and growls and spits. This is not like her at all
> - she is usually very mellow. Despite not having any breakfast,
> she won't eat anything. I'm worried.
>

> -MIKE

Poor baby. :( You could try babying her and spoon feed her some meat
babyfood. Just to kick-start the appetite, plus it won't be hard to
eat.

Cheryl
October 9th 03, 01:58 AM
In ,
---MIKE--- > composed with style:
> Amber had her dental work today. I picked her up about 4 PM but
> when she got home, she ran and hid. Now, if I try to approach her,
> she still hides, and growls and spits. This is not like her at all
> - she is usually very mellow. Despite not having any breakfast,
> she won't eat anything. I'm worried.
>

> -MIKE

Poor baby. :( You could try babying her and spoon feed her some meat
babyfood. Just to kick-start the appetite, plus it won't be hard to
eat.

Yngver
October 9th 03, 04:01 PM
(---MIKE---) wrote:

>Amber had her dental work today. I picked her up about 4 PM but when
>she got home, she ran and hid. Now, if I try to approach her, she still
>hides, and growls and spits. This is not like her at all - she is
>usually very mellow. Despite not having any breakfast, she won't eat
>anything. I'm worried.

It's not abnormal for a cat not to feel like eating right after dental work.
Wait until tomorrow and see how she's acting. If she still seems upset and
won't eat at all the day following her dental work, call your vet. But I'll bet
she's more back to normal now.

Yngver
October 9th 03, 04:01 PM
(---MIKE---) wrote:

>Amber had her dental work today. I picked her up about 4 PM but when
>she got home, she ran and hid. Now, if I try to approach her, she still
>hides, and growls and spits. This is not like her at all - she is
>usually very mellow. Despite not having any breakfast, she won't eat
>anything. I'm worried.

It's not abnormal for a cat not to feel like eating right after dental work.
Wait until tomorrow and see how she's acting. If she still seems upset and
won't eat at all the day following her dental work, call your vet. But I'll bet
she's more back to normal now.

---MIKE---
October 9th 03, 07:15 PM
Amber was closed in the bunkroom for the night (to keep Tiger from
bothering her). About 1AM I heard scratching - she wanted to come out.
She went into the living room where I picked her up and put her on her
favorite spot - the window seat. She did spit a little but responded to
petting. I woke up this morning to find her on my bed near my feet (not
the usual thing). She ate a little canned food for breakfast but this
afternoon wanted some more. She appears to be pretty much back to
normal (except with cleaner teeth).

-MIKE

---MIKE---
October 9th 03, 07:15 PM
Amber was closed in the bunkroom for the night (to keep Tiger from
bothering her). About 1AM I heard scratching - she wanted to come out.
She went into the living room where I picked her up and put her on her
favorite spot - the window seat. She did spit a little but responded to
petting. I woke up this morning to find her on my bed near my feet (not
the usual thing). She ate a little canned food for breakfast but this
afternoon wanted some more. She appears to be pretty much back to
normal (except with cleaner teeth).

-MIKE

Yngver
October 9th 03, 10:08 PM
(---MIKE---) wrote:

> She ate a little canned food for breakfast but this
>afternoon wanted some more. She appears to be pretty much back to
>normal (except with cleaner teeth).

That's what I expected. It's normal for them to be rattled by the experience
when they first come home, and if they had extractions, I imagine they are in
some discomfort. Most cats are pretty much back to normal within a day or two.

Yngver
October 9th 03, 10:08 PM