PDA

View Full Version : Fez got an unscheduled bath (BW, maybe GW)

Victor M. Martinez
August 20th 03, 10:57 PM
What is it with cats and their fascination with toilets? Last night I was
getting ready for bed, which in our household includes a shower. I
realized I needed to pee (is there a more proper word for that other than
urinate?) so there I was, buck naked and peeing. In comes Fez, running,
jumps on the edge of the bowl and balances himself. Next thing I know,
he's getting wet, so I try to aim away from him, but it doesn't quite work
as intended. I ended up trying to grab him, but I can't stop peeing (it's
hard to stop once you get going!)...
Luckily, I already had the shower running, so I just checked the
temperature and put Fez under the water stream to rinse him off. He did
not like that one bit, and I have the scars to prove it. He's very strong
for a 4 lb kitten! I think I got all of the pee off of him, but I couldn't
hold on to him any longer anyway, so he ran off as fast as his little
legs would take him. I showered and when I came out I found him sitting on
the bed, drying himself. He didn't seem too angry at me, perhaps he
realized I was just trying to help?
I just hope he's learned his lesson and won't come running into the
bathroom and jump on the toilet while it's being used. (Basho once fell
into the bowl, and Luna also got a "shower", both when they were kittens).

Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv

Nanny
August 21st 03, 12:49 AM
How short is a short memory ?
I took Yoschi to the vet last Monday to open a very large abscess, and it
took him 36 hours before he wanted to come near me again..........

Nanny

"Hopitus2" > schreef in bericht
> Fond as the Evil 3 are of congregating around the Porcelain God while in
use
> by their hoomin slaves, none of them has *ever* had that kind of "shower",
> although we have caught them drinking out of it long ago (probably by
> example of the now RB d-pet Akita, who, being what he was, lacked the
> refined manners of his feline companions!). I had just now cleaned out a
> horrible mess around the PC of old CD's, printout instructions, years-old
> Zip backups of long-ago-forgotten red-cd hard-drive " lobotomies", and
badly
> needed a good loud laugh, which you've provided, Victor.....poor Fez (who
> I'm sure wasn't laughing); Vic, couldn't you at least have spared him the
> 2nd shower and gently cleaned him off in the sink, as he is only a kitten?
> Hope he did get in a few scratches in retaliation! Bet he did *not*
realize
> you were "only trying to help", but as we all know, cats have short
memories
> of those they love actually doing evil things to them (tail-stepping comes
> under this category too)!
> ROFLMAO.
>

> Victor M. Martinez" > wrote in message
> : Victor M. Martinez > wrote:
> : >What is it with cats and their fascination with toilets? Last night I
was
> : >getting ready for bed, which in our household includes a shower. I
> :
> : I need to rephrase this. In our household, getting ready for bed
includes
> : taking a shower. There, much better.
> :
> : --
> : Victor M. Martinez
> :
> : http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv
> :

m. L. Briggs
August 21st 03, 01:10 AM
On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 16:57:15 -0500, "Victor M. Martinez"
> wrote:

>What is it with cats and their fascination with toilets? Last night I was
>getting ready for bed, which in our household includes a shower. I
>realized I needed to pee (is there a more proper word for that other than
>urinate?) so there I was, buck naked and peeing. In comes Fez, running,
>jumps on the edge of the bowl and balances himself. Next thing I know,
>he's getting wet, so I try to aim away from him, but it doesn't quite work
>as intended. I ended up trying to grab him, but I can't stop peeing (it's
>hard to stop once you get going!)...
>Luckily, I already had the shower running, so I just checked the
>temperature and put Fez under the water stream to rinse him off. He did
>not like that one bit, and I have the scars to prove it. He's very strong
>for a 4 lb kitten! I think I got all of the pee off of him, but I couldn't
>hold on to him any longer anyway, so he ran off as fast as his little
>legs would take him. I showered and when I came out I found him sitting on
>the bed, drying himself. He didn't seem too angry at me, perhaps he
>realized I was just trying to help?
>I just hope he's learned his lesson and won't come running into the
>bathroom and jump on the toilet while it's being used. (Basho once fell
>into the bowl, and Luna also got a "shower", both when they were kittens).
>

>Victor M. Martinez

>http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv

To answer your question: how about wee wee, widdle, or tinkle??

Stacey
August 21st 03, 01:14 AM
I was thinking... "Hmm.. a shower in your bed, how eccentric that Victor
is!"...

Stacey :)
"Victor M. Martinez" > wrote in message
> Victor M. Martinez > wrote:
> >What is it with cats and their fascination with toilets? Last night I was
> >getting ready for bed, which in our household includes a shower. I
>
> I need to rephrase this. In our household, getting ready for bed includes
> taking a shower. There, much better.
>
> --
> Victor M. Martinez
>
> http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv

Seanette Blaylock
August 21st 03, 02:25 AM
Cheryl > had some very interesting things to say
about Re: Fez got an unscheduled bath (BW, maybe GW):
>> Victor M. Martinez > wrote:
>>>What is it with cats and their fascination with toilets?
>I wish I knew! I have a really long work commute and of course first thing
>into the house means a bathroom trip. Trip is right! Shamrock is always
>underfoot and blocking my way. lol

Felix will come snuggle against my legs and demand attention if he
gets a chance. :-)

--
"Don't mess with major appliances unless you know what you are doing
(or unless your life insurance policy is up-to-date)." - John, RCFL

Karen Chuplis
August 21st 03, 03:37 AM
in article ,
Victor M. Martinez at wrote on 8/20/03 4:57 PM:

> What is it with cats and their fascination with toilets? Last night I was
> getting ready for bed, which in our household includes a shower. I
> realized I needed to pee (is there a more proper word for that other than
> urinate?) so there I was, buck naked and peeing. In comes Fez, running,
> jumps on the edge of the bowl and balances himself. Next thing I know,
> he's getting wet, so I try to aim away from him, but it doesn't quite work
> as intended. I ended up trying to grab him, but I can't stop peeing (it's
> hard to stop once you get going!)...
> Luckily, I already had the shower running, so I just checked the
> temperature and put Fez under the water stream to rinse him off. He did
> not like that one bit, and I have the scars to prove it. He's very strong
> for a 4 lb kitten! I think I got all of the pee off of him, but I couldn't
> hold on to him any longer anyway, so he ran off as fast as his little
> legs would take him. I showered and when I came out I found him sitting on
> the bed, drying himself. He didn't seem too angry at me, perhaps he
> realized I was just trying to help?
> I just hope he's learned his lesson and won't come running into the
> bathroom and jump on the toilet while it's being used. (Basho once fell
> into the bowl, and Luna also got a "shower", both when they were kittens).
>

> Victor M. Martinez
>
> http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv

Hmm. Now this is a problem I've never encountered ;)

Karen

Seanette Blaylock
August 21st 03, 03:47 AM
CATherine > had some very
interesting things to say about Re: Fez got an unscheduled bath (BW,
maybe GW):

>I always say, "potty" or "gotta go".

I refer to using the litterbox. :-)
--
If $vendor wants to improve the quality of their products, they could
try cutting down their developers' drug dosages, but if that's not

Helen Miles
August 21st 03, 12:57 PM
ROTFLMAO!!!! Oh Victor - I am so glad you put a BW on that!

Helen M

lrulan
August 21st 03, 01:34 PM
Heh. This reminds me of when Jazz was a baby. I was just getting up from
sitting on the bowl when a little blur just flew and a splash, then another
blur flying out! Jazz had jumped into the toilet
and then just as quickly jumped right back out! Thank goodness it was just
pee in the bowl. Shocked the hell out of both of us, I tell you.
He never did that again.

Jazz's mama

--

Irulan
from now until the end of time

"Victor M. Martinez" > wrote in message
> What is it with cats and their fascination with toilets? Last night I was
> getting ready for bed, which in our household includes a shower. I
> realized I needed to pee (is there a more proper word for that other than
> urinate?) so there I was, buck naked and peeing. In comes Fez, running,
> jumps on the edge of the bowl and balances himself. Next thing I know,
> he's getting wet, so I try to aim away from him, but it doesn't quite work
> as intended. I ended up trying to grab him, but I can't stop peeing (it's
> hard to stop once you get going!)...
> Luckily, I already had the shower running, so I just checked the
> temperature and put Fez under the water stream to rinse him off. He did
> not like that one bit, and I have the scars to prove it. He's very strong
> for a 4 lb kitten! I think I got all of the pee off of him, but I couldn't
> hold on to him any longer anyway, so he ran off as fast as his little
> legs would take him. I showered and when I came out I found him sitting on
> the bed, drying himself. He didn't seem too angry at me, perhaps he
> realized I was just trying to help?
> I just hope he's learned his lesson and won't come running into the
> bathroom and jump on the toilet while it's being used. (Basho once fell
> into the bowl, and Luna also got a "shower", both when they were kittens).
>

> Victor M. Martinez
>
> http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv

polonca12000
August 21st 03, 02:48 PM
Poor Fez and poor you, Victor.
Best wishes and purrs,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Victor M. Martinez" > wrote in message
> What is it with cats and their fascination with toilets? <snip>

polonca12000
August 21st 03, 02:50 PM
Poor Yoschi and poor you, Nanny. I do hope Yoschi's abscess is all healed
now and that you are forgiven.
Best wishes and purrs,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Nanny" > wrote in message
> How short is a short memory ?
> I took Yoschi to the vet last Monday to open a very large abscess, and it
> took him 36 hours before he wanted to come near me again..........
>
> Nanny

Caroline S.
August 21st 03, 02:56 PM
The way I see it, every cat must have a baptism of sorts: either by falling
in the Holy Bowl or in the tub.
Victor just added a new method :)

-Caroline S.

"Victor M. Martinez" > wrote in message
> What is it with cats and their fascination with toilets? Last night I was
> getting ready for bed, which in our household includes a shower. I
> realized I needed to pee (is there a more proper word for that other than
> urinate?) so there I was, buck naked and peeing. In comes Fez, running,
> jumps on the edge of the bowl and balances himself. Next thing I know,
> he's getting wet, so I try to aim away from him, but it doesn't quite work
> as intended. I ended up trying to grab him, but I can't stop peeing (it's
> hard to stop once you get going!)...
> Luckily, I already had the shower running, so I just checked the
> temperature and put Fez under the water stream to rinse him off. He did
> not like that one bit, and I have the scars to prove it. He's very strong
> for a 4 lb kitten! I think I got all of the pee off of him, but I couldn't
> hold on to him any longer anyway, so he ran off as fast as his little
> legs would take him. I showered and when I came out I found him sitting on
> the bed, drying himself. He didn't seem too angry at me, perhaps he
> realized I was just trying to help?
> I just hope he's learned his lesson and won't come running into the
> bathroom and jump on the toilet while it's being used. (Basho once fell
> into the bowl, and Luna also got a "shower", both when they were kittens).
>

> Victor M. Martinez
>
> http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv

bewtifulfreak
August 21st 03, 05:49 PM
Helen Miles wrote:
> ROTFLMAO!!!! Oh Victor - I am so glad you put a BW on that!

Enlightenment needed.... :)

Hopitus2
August 21st 03, 07:07 PM
Well I think the pilling helps keep the other "atrocities" fresh in his
memory!

"Nanny" > wrote in message
: Yoschi's feeling better now, but is still a bit distrustful of me. I
wonder
: if that could have something to do with those 2 pills a day that I have to
: give him.......... :-)
:
: Nanny
:
: "polonca12000" > schreef in bericht
: ...
: > Poor Yoschi and poor you, Nanny. I do hope Yoschi's abscess is all
healed
: > now and that you are forgiven.
: > Best wishes and purrs,
: > --
: > Polonca & Soncek
: >
: > "Nanny" > wrote in message
: > ...
: > > How short is a short memory ?
: > > I took Yoschi to the vet last Monday to open a very large abscess, and
: it
: > > took him 36 hours before he wanted to come near me again..........
: > >
: > > Nanny
: >
: >
:
:

Nanny
August 21st 03, 07:52 PM
Makes me wonder how he'll react to his castration when that's done..........

Nanny

"Hopitus2" > schreef in bericht
> Well I think the pilling helps keep the other "atrocities" fresh in his
> memory!
>

> "Nanny" > wrote in message
> : Yoschi's feeling better now, but is still a bit distrustful of me. I
> wonder
> : if that could have something to do with those 2 pills a day that I have
> : give him.......... :-)
> :
> : Nanny
> :
> : "polonca12000" > schreef in bericht
> : ...
> : > Poor Yoschi and poor you, Nanny. I do hope Yoschi's abscess is all
> healed
> : > now and that you are forgiven.
> : > Best wishes and purrs,
> : > --
> : > Polonca & Soncek
> : >
> : > "Nanny" > wrote in message
> : > ...
> : > > How short is a short memory ?
> : > > I took Yoschi to the vet last Monday to open a very large abscess,
and
> : it
> : > > took him 36 hours before he wanted to come near me again..........
> : > >
> : > > Nanny
> : >
> : >
> :
> :

Hazel Az
August 22nd 03, 04:06 AM
"bewtifulfreak" > wrote in message
> Helen Miles wrote:
> > ROTFLMAO!!!! Oh Victor - I am so glad you put a BW on that!
>
> Enlightenment needed.... :)

BW is a beverage warning. Put it down and swallow what you have before you
read the following story or you will have your drink sprayed all over the
monitor, keyboard and possibly an indignant cat or two. Stories by several
folks here are automatically BW's and most folks here have learned to be
cautious.

TW is tissue warning and that is an unusually sad story that may make you
cry.

There are more explanations in our faq, but I don't have the link handy.
I'm sure Yowie can tell you where it is.

Hazel Az

LOL
August 22nd 03, 04:19 AM
"bewtifulfreak" > wrote in message >...
> Helen Miles wrote:
> > ROTFLMAO!!!! Oh Victor - I am so glad you put a BW on that!
>
> Enlightenment needed.... :)

BW = Beverage Warning, which provids fair warning that you may laugh
and spew whatever you're drinking all over your computer. :-)

This is included in the invaluable information contained in the rpca
faq - I don't have the url handy, but I'm sure some nice person will
point you faqward. It's a good read all by itself.

------
Krista

Adrian
August 22nd 03, 12:45 PM
Victor M. Martinez wrote:
> What is it with cats and their fascination with toilets? Last night I
> was getting ready for bed, which in our household includes a shower. I
> realized I needed to pee (is there a more proper word for that other
> than urinate?) so there I was, buck naked and peeing. In comes Fez,
> running, jumps on the edge of the bowl and balances himself. Next
> thing I know, he's getting wet, so I try to aim away from him, but it
> doesn't quite work as intended. I ended up trying to grab him, but I
> can't stop peeing (it's hard to stop once you get going!)...
> Luckily, I already had the shower running, so I just checked the
> temperature and put Fez under the water stream to rinse him off. He
> did not like that one bit, and I have the scars to prove it. He's
> very strong for a 4 lb kitten! I think I got all of the pee off of
> him, but I couldn't hold on to him any longer anyway, so he ran off
> as fast as his little legs would take him. I showered and when I came
> out I found him sitting on the bed, drying himself. He didn't seem
> too angry at me, perhaps he realized I was just trying to help?
> I just hope he's learned his lesson and won't come running into the
> bathroom and jump on the toilet while it's being used. (Basho once
> fell into the bowl, and Luna also got a "shower", both when they were
> kittens).

LOL, Snoopy sometimes weaves through my legs in this situation, a couple of
times she's got a wet tip to her tail which she holds up when rubbing round
my legs.
--
Adrian
A House Is Not A Home, Without A Cat.

bewtifulfreak
August 22nd 03, 12:52 PM
Hazel Az wrote:
> "bewtifulfreak" > wrote in message
>> Helen Miles wrote:
>>> ROTFLMAO!!!! Oh Victor - I am so glad you put a BW on that!
>>
>> Enlightenment needed.... :)

Thank you all for the enlightenment. :) I was going to check the FAQ, but I
didn't know where to find it (I suppose I could have resisted my natural
laziness and at least done a search, but thank you all for the link)!

Ann

--

http://www.angelfire.com/ca/bewtifulfreak

Steve Touchstone
August 23rd 03, 02:26 AM
On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 07:01:59 +0300, "Marina"
> wrote:

>"LOL" > wrote
>>
>> This is included in the invaluable information contained in the rpca
>> faq - I don't have the url handy, but I'm sure some nice person will
>> point you faqward. It's a good read all by itself.
>
> The FAQ is here:
>http://www.angelfire.com/mt/yowie/catfaq.htm

Thanks for the link, Marina. I started to post it and realized it's
one of those still on the old system - got to get around to getting
all my bookmarks onto the new one

Nanny
August 23rd 03, 04:41 PM
"bewtifulfreak" > schreef in bericht
> Nanny wrote:
> > And by the time things got a bit better he got cat flu :-(
> > Very strange because he was already on the antibiotics that are
> > supposed to work against cat flu. He now gets 3 pills a day instead
> > of 2, and today he seems a bit more "with it".
>
> Poor sweetie....maybe his body got resistant to the antibiotics, as
> sometimes happens? At any rate, I hope he continues on the road to
> recovery, sounds like he's been through a lot, bless him.
>
> Ann
>
> --
> I think he's on the road to recovery now. He's still sneezing like crazy,
but I just had a nice snuggle session with him for the first time this week,
and this happened on the balcony as he was interested enough today to come
outside.

Nanny

bewtifulfreak
August 23rd 03, 05:01 PM
Nanny wrote:

>> I think he's on the road to recovery now. He's still sneezing like
>> crazy,
> but I just had a nice snuggle session with him for the first time
> this week, and this happened on the balcony as he was interested
> enough today to come outside.

I'm glad to hear it. :) And nothing is better when you're feeling poorly
than to get lots of cuddles and some nice, fresh air!

Ann

--

http://www.angelfire.com/ca/bewtifulfreak

Jean H
August 25th 03, 01:29 AM
I had mycat Henri doctored when he was 6 months old when he came back he was
groggy so I laid him on my bed when I checked later he was soaking wet and I
thought he was feverish and was about to call the vet when I suddenly
realised he'd tried to get a drink out of the toilet *his doggy mate had
shown him this trick of drinking out of the toilet* and because he was still
half doped he'd fallen in I dont know how he got out but I dried him off and