PDA

View Full Version : Bruisr's big scare

John Biltz
August 20th 03, 11:00 PM
Normally its too hot for the cats to go anywhere until after sunset so I
never worry about them until well after eight. They go outside and
lounge on the grass between the buildings which is in shade in the
evening and is cool. Yesterday when the storms came through the
temperature dropped. Being as much a creature of habit as the cats I
just didn't worry about them because it was too early. I suddenly
realized I had no idea where Bruiser was or how long he had been gone.
After 10 minutes of searching I was beginning to get real concerned. I
was looking in the bushes along the back wall when suddenly I heard a
large dog on the other side of the wall and a few houses down rumble and
snarl. Bruiser was running in terror along the top of the wall, leapt to
the ground five feet below and exploded away. By the time I turned
around I had no idea where he went. He evidently had climbed one of the
trees and used that to cross over on the wall. No doubt copying Maya and
the other cats who can jump up on it and walk the wall all the time and
enjoy lounging up there. I had found and lost him in the same instant.
After searching for 20 minutes I could not find him. In the blurred
glimpse I had of him as he ran away I knew he was terrified and had
probably went to ground in hiding. Finally one of my neighbors kids saw
him on their patio and came out to hold and pet the kitty they found out
there. So I went over and got him. He stayed pretty close to home the
rest of the night

Karen Chuplis
August 21st 03, 03:39 AM
in article k.net, John
Biltz at wrote on 8/20/03 5:00 PM:

> Normally its too hot for the cats to go anywhere until after sunset so I
> never worry about them until well after eight. They go outside and
> lounge on the grass between the buildings which is in shade in the
> evening and is cool. Yesterday when the storms came through the
> temperature dropped. Being as much a creature of habit as the cats I
> just didn't worry about them because it was too early. I suddenly
> realized I had no idea where Bruiser was or how long he had been gone.
> After 10 minutes of searching I was beginning to get real concerned. I
> was looking in the bushes along the back wall when suddenly I heard a
> large dog on the other side of the wall and a few houses down rumble and
> snarl. Bruiser was running in terror along the top of the wall, leapt to
> the ground five feet below and exploded away. By the time I turned
> around I had no idea where he went. He evidently had climbed one of the
> trees and used that to cross over on the wall. No doubt copying Maya and
> the other cats who can jump up on it and walk the wall all the time and
> enjoy lounging up there. I had found and lost him in the same instant.
> After searching for 20 minutes I could not find him. In the blurred
> glimpse I had of him as he ran away I knew he was terrified and had
> probably went to ground in hiding. Finally one of my neighbors kids saw
> him on their patio and came out to hold and pet the kitty they found out
> there. So I went over and got him. He stayed pretty close to home the
> rest of the night

Whew!!! You sure have your hands full with him!!!

Karen

Steve Touchstone
August 21st 03, 04:33 AM
On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 22:00:00 GMT, John Biltz >
wrote:

>Normally its too hot for the cats to go anywhere until after sunset so I
>never worry about them until well after eight. They go outside and
>lounge on the grass between the buildings which is in shade in the
>evening and is cool. Yesterday when the storms came through the
>temperature dropped. Being as much a creature of habit as the cats I
>just didn't worry about them because it was too early. I suddenly
>realized I had no idea where Bruiser was or how long he had been gone.
>After 10 minutes of searching I was beginning to get real concerned. I
>was looking in the bushes along the back wall when suddenly I heard a
>large dog on the other side of the wall and a few houses down rumble and
>snarl. Bruiser was running in terror along the top of the wall, leapt to
>the ground five feet below and exploded away. By the time I turned
>around I had no idea where he went. He evidently had climbed one of the
>trees and used that to cross over on the wall. No doubt copying Maya and
>the other cats who can jump up on it and walk the wall all the time and
>enjoy lounging up there. I had found and lost him in the same instant.
>After searching for 20 minutes I could not find him. In the blurred
>glimpse I had of him as he ran away I knew he was terrified and had
>probably went to ground in hiding. Finally one of my neighbors kids saw
>him on their patio and came out to hold and pet the kitty they found out
>there. So I went over and got him. He stayed pretty close to home the
>rest of the night

Glad he wasn't hurt by the d*g, only scared. Sammy's first d*g
encounter was when she was about 6 months old. I had her outside on
her leash and the neighbors' chow came running up to the fence. Sammy
took off running and climbed up the side of our building, which has
wood siding. She went just as high as she could reach with me hanging
onto the leash. Unfortunately, she's since decided that d*gs aren't so
bad, and now if I don't watch her she tries to reach through the fence
to "pet" the chow. I don't worry too much about this particular d*g,
as he has feline masters, but kind of wish Sammy was still scared of
dogs, as there are three german shepherds across the alley that may
not be so cat-friendly.

polonca12000
August 21st 03, 02:53 PM
So glad Bruiser isn't hurt.