PDA

View Full Version : Re: Bonded Pets--A Boy and his Cat

Karen Chuplis
August 21st 03, 04:05 AM
in article , CATherine at
wrote on 8/20/03 9:40 PM:

> One of my clients has a pre-teen boy. He is a sweet boy and loves his
> Mommy's dog. But he wanted a pet of his own. So, after a time of
> searching, he was allowed to bring home his choice: a yellow tabby
> kitten. "He is my Buddy" and the name stuck.
>
> Buddy is a year old now; but he still doesn't realize he is a cat. He
> thinks he is a boy! Buddy and the boy do everything together. And
> Buddy lets the boy do things with him cats don't usually do. Buddy
> rides draped around the boy's neck or covering the boy's chest with
> his arms around the boy's neck.
>
> They box and wrestle and play chase. And they dance. But the most
> amazing thing is Buddy follows the boy into the shower and gets
> shampooed and rinsed and dried along with the boy. And he doesn't
> shake off until he is rubbed with the towel and then gone to the
> bedroom.
>
> I have seen the look of bliss on the face of the cat as he lies in bed
> with his boy. And the boy has the same look. The boy is very
> responsible with Buddy in all his care and play. What a loving pair!
>
> CATherine

What a great kid!

Karen

Lois Reay
August 21st 03, 05:22 AM
What a nice story, my grandson's love to play with my cats and kittens, it's
nice to see kids interacting with animals.

Lois

"CATherine" > wrote in message
> One of my clients has a pre-teen boy. He is a sweet boy and loves his
> Mommy's dog. But he wanted a pet of his own. So, after a time of
> searching, he was allowed to bring home his choice: a yellow tabby
> kitten. "He is my Buddy" and the name stuck.
>
> Buddy is a year old now; but he still doesn't realize he is a cat. He
> thinks he is a boy! Buddy and the boy do everything together. And
> Buddy lets the boy do things with him cats don't usually do. Buddy
> rides draped around the boy's neck or covering the boy's chest with
> his arms around the boy's neck.
>
> They box and wrestle and play chase. And they dance. But the most
> amazing thing is Buddy follows the boy into the shower and gets
> shampooed and rinsed and dried along with the boy. And he doesn't
> shake off until he is rubbed with the towel and then gone to the
> bedroom.
>
> I have seen the look of bliss on the face of the cat as he lies in bed
> with his boy. And the boy has the same look. The boy is very
> responsible with Buddy in all his care and play. What a loving pair!
>
> CATherine

LOL
August 21st 03, 06:25 AM
CATherine > wrote in message >...
> One of my clients has a pre-teen boy. He is a sweet boy and loves his
> Mommy's dog. But he wanted a pet of his own. So, after a time of
> searching, he was allowed to bring home his choice: a yellow tabby
> kitten. "He is my Buddy" and the name stuck.
>
> Buddy is a year old now; but he still doesn't realize he is a cat. He
> thinks he is a boy! Buddy and the boy do everything together. And
> Buddy lets the boy do things with him cats don't usually do. Buddy
> rides draped around the boy's neck or covering the boy's chest with
> his arms around the boy's neck.
>
> They box and wrestle and play chase. And they dance. But the most
> amazing thing is Buddy follows the boy into the shower and gets
> shampooed and rinsed and dried along with the boy. And he doesn't
> shake off until he is rubbed with the towel and then gone to the
> bedroom.
>
> I have seen the look of bliss on the face of the cat as he lies in bed
> with his boy. And the boy has the same look. The boy is very
> responsible with Buddy in all his care and play. What a loving pair!
>
> CATherine

Awwwwww! Thanks for this, CATherine - I needed to read something
sweet and happy. :-)

------
Krista

August 21st 03, 09:41 AM
CATherine > wrote:

> I have seen the look of bliss on the face of the cat as he lies
> in bed with his boy. And the boy has the same look. The boy is very
> responsible with Buddy in all his care and play. What a loving pair!

What a great story!! Thank you for posting it.

Joyce

polonca12000
August 21st 03, 02:58 PM
Lovely story! Thanks.
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"CATherine" > wrote in message
> One of my clients has a pre-teen boy. <snip>

Victor M. Martinez
August 21st 03, 06:29 PM
Awwwww!!!!!!

--
Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv

Christine Burel
August 22nd 03, 02:05 AM
How sweet! Any chance of a photo of these two?
Christine
"CATherine" > wrote in message
> One of my clients has a pre-teen boy. He is a sweet boy and loves his
> Mommy's dog. But he wanted a pet of his own. So, after a time of
> searching, he was allowed to bring home his choice: a yellow tabby
> kitten. "He is my Buddy" and the name stuck.
>
> Buddy is a year old now; but he still doesn't realize he is a cat. He
> thinks he is a boy! Buddy and the boy do everything together. And
> Buddy lets the boy do things with him cats don't usually do. Buddy
> rides draped around the boy's neck or covering the boy's chest with
> his arms around the boy's neck.
>
> They box and wrestle and play chase. And they dance. But the most
> amazing thing is Buddy follows the boy into the shower and gets
> shampooed and rinsed and dried along with the boy. And he doesn't
> shake off until he is rubbed with the towel and then gone to the
> bedroom.
>
> I have seen the look of bliss on the face of the cat as he lies in bed
> with his boy. And the boy has the same look. The boy is very
> responsible with Buddy in all his care and play. What a loving pair!
>
> CATherine

Adrian
August 22nd 03, 01:26 PM
CATherine wrote:
> One of my clients has a pre-teen boy. He is a sweet boy and loves his
> Mommy's dog. But he wanted a pet of his own. So, after a time of
> searching, he was allowed to bring home his choice: a yellow tabby
> kitten. "He is my Buddy" and the name stuck.
>
> Buddy is a year old now; but he still doesn't realize he is a cat. He
> thinks he is a boy! Buddy and the boy do everything together. And
> Buddy lets the boy do things with him cats don't usually do. Buddy
> rides draped around the boy's neck or covering the boy's chest with
> his arms around the boy's neck.
>
> They box and wrestle and play chase. And they dance. But the most
> amazing thing is Buddy follows the boy into the shower and gets
> shampooed and rinsed and dried along with the boy. And he doesn't
> shake off until he is rubbed with the towel and then gone to the
> bedroom.
>
> I have seen the look of bliss on the face of the cat as he lies in bed
> with his boy. And the boy has the same look. The boy is very
> responsible with Buddy in all his care and play. What a loving pair!
>
> CATherine

What a wonderful relationship, the boy will grow up knowing which is the
superior specis.
--
Adrian
A House Is Not A Home, Without A Cat.

Sherry
August 23rd 03, 05:52 AM
>Yoda sounds wonderful and the story sounds just like the one I wrote
>about. I hope Yoda has a happy, memory-filled retirement.
>
>CATherine

Thanks Catherine. He *is* a grand old cat. The reason I loved your story so
much is that people tend to think "A Boy and His Dog'', when in reality, that
special bond isn''t limited to dogs at all.

Sherry

JHBennett
August 23rd 03, 06:53 AM
"Sherry " > wrote in message
> >Yoda sounds wonderful and the story sounds just like the one I wrote
> >about. I hope Yoda has a happy, memory-filled retirement.
> >
> >CATherine
>
> Thanks Catherine. He *is* a grand old cat. The reason I loved your story
so
> much is that people tend to think "A Boy and His Dog'', when in reality,
that
> special bond isn''t limited to dogs at all.
>
> Sherry

Hmmmmmm........ Let me mention there is a movie titled *A Boy and His Dog*
which is set in a post apocalyptic world. The boy and dog can communicate
and the dog's heightened senses give the boy a big advantage in the survival
of the fitest world. The dog finds a female for the boy, however, she lures
him back to her society where they need fertile men to impregnate their
women. It turns out not to be what he envisions and, far from copulating as
nature intended, the society mechanically, and painfully, milks sperm from
him. Girl feels guilt ridden and helps him escape and true love seems about
to flower between girl and boy. However, the dog, who has been much
neglected, is on the verg of starvation, but stoically tells the boy to go
on with his new found love, and leave him to die. The boy kills the girl
and feeds her to the dog, his more valued ally.
Just thought you ought to know ;-)
Jack

Jette Goldie
August 23rd 03, 08:40 PM
"JHBennett" > wrote in message

> "Sherry " > wrote in message
> > >Yoda sounds wonderful and the story sounds just like the one I wrote
> > >about. I hope Yoda has a happy, memory-filled retirement.
> > >
> > >CATherine
> >
> > Thanks Catherine. He *is* a grand old cat. The reason I loved your story
> so
> > much is that people tend to think "A Boy and His Dog'', when in reality,
> that
> > special bond isn''t limited to dogs at all.
> >
> > Sherry
>
> Hmmmmmm........ Let me mention there is a movie titled *A Boy and His
Dog*
> which is set in a post apocalyptic world. The boy and dog can communicate
> and the dog's heightened senses give the boy a big advantage in the
survival
> of the fitest world. The dog finds a female for the boy, however, she
lures
> him back to her society where they need fertile men to impregnate their
> women. It turns out not to be what he envisions and, far from copulating
as
> nature intended, the society mechanically, and painfully, milks sperm from
> him. Girl feels guilt ridden and helps him escape and true love seems
about
> to flower between girl and boy. However, the dog, who has been much
> neglected, is on the verg of starvation, but stoically tells the boy to go
> on with his new found love, and leave him to die. The boy kills the girl
> and feeds her to the dog, his more valued ally.
> Just thought you ought to know ;-)

And the local video hire store here had it on the children's
section shelves ;-)

--
Jette
"Work for Peace and remain Fiercely Loving" - Jim Byrnes

http://www.jette.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Jette Goldie
August 23rd 03, 11:29 PM
"JHBennett" > wrote in message
> > And the local video hire store here had it on the children's
> > section shelves ;-)
> >

> > --
> > Jette
>
> Oh my! I can just imagine the entire family gathered together.... Or,
> worse yet...
> Jack

<g> S'okay - I explained it to them. Hopefully they hadn't
had too many rentals of it before that.

--
Jette
"Work for Peace and remain Fiercely Loving" - Jim Byrnes

http://www.jette.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

LOL
August 24th 03, 06:23 AM
"JHBennett" > wrote in message >...

> Hmmmmmm........ Let me mention there is a movie titled *A Boy and His Dog*
> which is set in a post apocalyptic world. The boy and dog can communicate
> and the dog's heightened senses give the boy a big advantage in the survival
> of the fitest world. The dog finds a female for the boy, however, she lures
> him back to her society where they need fertile men to impregnate their
> women. It turns out not to be what he envisions and, far from copulating as
> nature intended, the society mechanically, and painfully, milks sperm from
> him. Girl feels guilt ridden and helps him escape and true love seems about
> to flower between girl and boy. However, the dog, who has been much
> neglected, is on the verg of starvation, but stoically tells the boy to go
> on with his new found love, and leave him to die. The boy kills the girl
> and feeds her to the dog, his more valued ally.
> Just thought you ought to know ;-)
> Jack

Oh hey! I read this, but can't remember who wrote it. I had no idea
they'd made it into a movie - I may have to find this.

------
Krista

LOL
August 24th 03, 09:33 AM
Eve Rose > wrote in message >...

> Harlan Ellison

That's it - thanks! :-)
------
Krista

September 26th 03, 08:49 AM
CATherine ) wrote:

> Buddy lets the boy do things with him cats don't usually do. Buddy
> rides draped around the boy's neck or covering the boy's chest with
> his arms around the boy's neck.

What a sweet image! I think the cat thinks his human friend is another
cat!

Joyce