PDA

View Full Version : B & C = A Terrible Morning, scream

Bev
August 21st 03, 09:24 PM
Our patio roof has been leaking and I have been putting a bucket under
the leak (Ted said the next time it leaked ring him so that he could see
where the water is coming from)
Last night we had torrential rain and when I got up the roof was leaking
in three other places and the bucket was almost full. The patio was
built for us some ten years ago by some cowboy builders and the roof has
leaked ever since despite Ted's valiant efforts to stop it (he was
unavailable to do odd jobs in those days being in real estate)

In the kitchen there was a smashed egg in the middle of the floor.
Don't ask me how B and C got it out of the packet on the bench and
managed to bat it onto the middle of the floor.

I found some more buckets to catch the extra drops from the patio roof
and then rang Ted - suddenly, crash - Bonnie cleverly upended the full
bucket of water over the floor!!!! Such a smart kitty - I needn't have
bothered trying to catch the drips.

I opened the front door and got a heap of water on my head. It had been
leaking near the door and water had collected on top of the door!

I hadn't noticed Fluffy SP, who had slipped outside into the rain. You
guessed it, she was saturated and happy, dying to get inside and walk
around on the sofa.

As I silently screamed I heard on the news that an earthquake measuring
7.1 had struck in Te Anau in the South Island. Fortunately it wasn't
in a highly populated area so no one was hurt but there is some damage
with things falling off shelves etc.

Surely nothing else can happen. John is sleeping the sleep of the just
and I haven't even had breakfast yet, just needed a rant. I see Ted is
pulling up in front of the house and the rain keeps coming down.

Bev

PS FluffySP frustrated at not being allowed outside again after being
dried off has refused to use the litter box and done it on the floor
instead to spite me, screammmmmmmmmmmmm.

--
God may have created man before woman but there is always a rough draft
before the masterpiece.

Brenda Watkins
August 21st 03, 11:36 PM
"Bev" > wrote in message
> Our patio roof has been leaking and I have been putting a bucket under
> the leak (Ted said the next time it leaked ring him so that he could see
> where the water is coming from)
> Last night we had torrential rain and when I got up the roof was leaking
> in three other places and the bucket was almost full. The patio was
> built for us some ten years ago by some cowboy builders and the roof has
> leaked ever since despite Ted's valiant efforts to stop it (he was
> unavailable to do odd jobs in those days being in real estate)
>
> In the kitchen there was a smashed egg in the middle of the floor.
> Don't ask me how B and C got it out of the packet on the bench and
> managed to bat it onto the middle of the floor.
>
> I found some more buckets to catch the extra drops from the patio roof
> and then rang Ted - suddenly, crash - Bonnie cleverly upended the full
> bucket of water over the floor!!!! Such a smart kitty - I needn't have
> bothered trying to catch the drips.
>
> I opened the front door and got a heap of water on my head. It had been
> leaking near the door and water had collected on top of the door!
>
> I hadn't noticed Fluffy SP, who had slipped outside into the rain. You
> guessed it, she was saturated and happy, dying to get inside and walk
around on the sofa.

> As I silently screamed I heard on the news that an earthquake measuring
> 7.1 had struck in Te Anau in the South Island. Fortunately it wasn't
> in a highly populated area so no one was hurt but there is some damage
> with things falling off shelves etc.
>
> Surely nothing else can happen. John is sleeping the sleep of the just
> and I haven't even had breakfast yet, just needed a rant. I see Ted is
> pulling up in front of the house and the rain keeps coming down.
>
> Bev
>

> PS FluffySP frustrated at not being allowed outside again after being
> dried off has refused to use the litter box and done it on the floor
instead to spite me, screammmmmmmmmmmmm.

> --
> God may have created man before woman but there is always a rough draft
before the masterpiece.

Hi, Bev!

It's 97F (36C) here today, and Pea doesn't understand why I won't leave the
door open between the kitchen and the enclosed porch - even after I took him
out there briefly to show him how uncomfortable it is.
They just want to have their way, don't they?

Brenda

Lois Reay
August 22nd 03, 12:43 AM
Hi Bev,
Purrs that Ted has managed to find the source of the leak, not an easy job
as the leak (or is that several leaks) can travel quite a distance before
dropping down onto the floor/table/sofa!!

Perhaps B & C have heard that egg yoke improves hair condition so they were
trying it out!!

Bonnie was just trying to be *helpful* to save you from having to carry out
the bucket of water.

We have had enough rain to float Noah's ark!!

Good day to be sitting here playing on the computer - have just designed my
wedding invitations.

Keep dry!

Lois

"Bev" > wrote in message
> Our patio roof has been leaking and I have been putting a bucket under
> the leak (Ted said the next time it leaked ring him so that he could see
> where the water is coming from)
> Last night we had torrential rain and when I got up the roof was leaking
> in three other places and the bucket was almost full. The patio was
> built for us some ten years ago by some cowboy builders and the roof has
> leaked ever since despite Ted's valiant efforts to stop it (he was
> unavailable to do odd jobs in those days being in real estate)
>
> In the kitchen there was a smashed egg in the middle of the floor.
> Don't ask me how B and C got it out of the packet on the bench and
> managed to bat it onto the middle of the floor.
>
> I found some more buckets to catch the extra drops from the patio roof
> and then rang Ted - suddenly, crash - Bonnie cleverly upended the full
> bucket of water over the floor!!!! Such a smart kitty - I needn't have
> bothered trying to catch the drips.
>
> I opened the front door and got a heap of water on my head. It had been
> leaking near the door and water had collected on top of the door!
>
> I hadn't noticed Fluffy SP, who had slipped outside into the rain. You
> guessed it, she was saturated and happy, dying to get inside and walk
> around on the sofa.
>
> As I silently screamed I heard on the news that an earthquake measuring
> 7.1 had struck in Te Anau in the South Island. Fortunately it wasn't
> in a highly populated area so no one was hurt but there is some damage
> with things falling off shelves etc.
>
> Surely nothing else can happen. John is sleeping the sleep of the just
> and I haven't even had breakfast yet, just needed a rant. I see Ted is
> pulling up in front of the house and the rain keeps coming down.
>
> Bev
>

> PS FluffySP frustrated at not being allowed outside again after being
> dried off has refused to use the litter box and done it on the floor
> instead to spite me, screammmmmmmmmmmmm.
>
> --
> God may have created man before woman but there is always a rough draft
> before the masterpiece.

Bev
August 22nd 03, 01:34 AM
Lois Reay wrote:

> Hi Bev,
> Purrs that Ted has managed to find the source of the leak, not an easy job
> as the leak (or is that several leaks) can travel quite a distance before
> dropping down onto the floor/table/sofa!!
>
> Perhaps B & C have heard that egg yoke improves hair condition so they were
> trying it out!!
>
> Bonnie was just trying to be *helpful* to save you from having to carry out
> the bucket of water.
>
> We have had enough rain to float Noah's ark!!
>
> Good day to be sitting here playing on the computer - have just designed my
> wedding invitations.
>
> Keep dry!
>
> Lois
>
> "Bev" > wrote in message
> > Our patio roof has been leaking and I have been putting a bucket under
> > the leak (Ted said the next time it leaked ring him so that he could see
> > where the water is coming from)
> > Last night we had torrential rain and when I got up the roof was leaking
> > in three other places and the bucket was almost full. The patio was
> > built for us some ten years ago by some cowboy builders and the roof has
> > leaked ever since despite Ted's valiant efforts to stop it (he was
> > unavailable to do odd jobs in those days being in real estate)
> >
> > In the kitchen there was a smashed egg in the middle of the floor.
> > Don't ask me how B and C got it out of the packet on the bench and
> > managed to bat it onto the middle of the floor.
> >
> > I found some more buckets to catch the extra drops from the patio roof
> > and then rang Ted - suddenly, crash - Bonnie cleverly upended the full
> > bucket of water over the floor!!!! Such a smart kitty - I needn't have
> > bothered trying to catch the drips.
> >
> > I opened the front door and got a heap of water on my head. It had been
> > leaking near the door and water had collected on top of the door!
> >
> > I hadn't noticed Fluffy SP, who had slipped outside into the rain. You
> > guessed it, she was saturated and happy, dying to get inside and walk
> > around on the sofa.
> >
> > As I silently screamed I heard on the news that an earthquake measuring
> > 7.1 had struck in Te Anau in the South Island. Fortunately it wasn't
> > in a highly populated area so no one was hurt but there is some damage
> > with things falling off shelves etc.
> >
> > Surely nothing else can happen. John is sleeping the sleep of the just
> > and I haven't even had breakfast yet, just needed a rant. I see Ted is
> > pulling up in front of the house and the rain keeps coming down.
> >
> > Bev
> >

> > PS FluffySP frustrated at not being allowed outside again after being
> > dried off has refused to use the litter box and done it on the floor
> > instead to spite me, screammmmmmmmmmmmm.
> >
> > --
> > God may have created man before woman but there is always a rough draft
> > before the masterpiece.

Lois, designing wedding invitations, what a lovely thing to be doing :)

Bev
--
God may have created man before woman but there is always a rough draft
before the masterpiece.

Christine Burel
August 22nd 03, 01:53 AM
"Bev" > wrote in message
> Our patio roof has been leaking and I have been putting a bucket under
> the leak (Ted said the next time it leaked ring him so that he could see
> where the water is coming from)
> Last night we had torrential rain and when I got up the roof was leaking
> in three other places and the bucket was almost full. The patio was
> built for us some ten years ago by some cowboy builders and the roof has
> leaked ever since despite Ted's valiant efforts to stop it (he was
> unavailable to do odd jobs in those days being in real estate)
>
> In the kitchen there was a smashed egg in the middle of the floor.
> Don't ask me how B and C got it out of the packet on the bench and
> managed to bat it onto the middle of the floor.
>
> I found some more buckets to catch the extra drops from the patio roof
> and then rang Ted - suddenly, crash - Bonnie cleverly upended the full
> bucket of water over the floor!!!! Such a smart kitty - I needn't have
> bothered trying to catch the drips.
>
> I opened the front door and got a heap of water on my head. It had been
> leaking near the door and water had collected on top of the door!
>
> I hadn't noticed Fluffy SP, who had slipped outside into the rain. You
> guessed it, she was saturated and happy, dying to get inside and walk
> around on the sofa.
>
> As I silently screamed I heard on the news that an earthquake measuring
> 7.1 had struck in Te Anau in the South Island. Fortunately it wasn't
> in a highly populated area so no one was hurt but there is some damage
> with things falling off shelves etc.
>
> Surely nothing else can happen. John is sleeping the sleep of the just
> and I haven't even had breakfast yet, just needed a rant. I see Ted is
> pulling up in front of the house and the rain keeps coming down.
>
> Bev
>

> PS FluffySP frustrated at not being allowed outside again after being
> dried off has refused to use the litter box and done it on the floor
> instead to spite me, screammmmmmmmmmmmm.
>
> --
> God may have created man before woman but there is always a rough draft
> before the masterpiece.

Purrs aplenty for your soggy household and to soothe your nerves!
hugs,
Christine

Junebug
August 22nd 03, 02:42 AM
"Bev" > wrote in message
> Our patio roof has been leaking and I have been putting a bucket under
> the leak (Ted said the next time it leaked ring him so that he could see
> where the water is coming from)
> Last night we had torrential rain and when I got up the roof was leaking
> in three other places and the bucket was almost full. The patio was
> built for us some ten years ago by some cowboy builders and the roof has
> leaked ever since despite Ted's valiant efforts to stop it (he was
> unavailable to do odd jobs in those days being in real estate)
>
> In the kitchen there was a smashed egg in the middle of the floor.
> Don't ask me how B and C got it out of the packet on the bench and
> managed to bat it onto the middle of the floor.
>
> I found some more buckets to catch the extra drops from the patio roof
> and then rang Ted - suddenly, crash - Bonnie cleverly upended the full
> bucket of water over the floor!!!! Such a smart kitty - I needn't have
> bothered trying to catch the drips.
>
> I opened the front door and got a heap of water on my head. It had been
> leaking near the door and water had collected on top of the door!
>
> I hadn't noticed Fluffy SP, who had slipped outside into the rain. You
> guessed it, she was saturated and happy, dying to get inside and walk
> around on the sofa.
>
> As I silently screamed I heard on the news that an earthquake measuring
> 7.1 had struck in Te Anau in the South Island. Fortunately it wasn't
> in a highly populated area so no one was hurt but there is some damage
> with things falling off shelves etc.
>
> Surely nothing else can happen. John is sleeping the sleep of the just
> and I haven't even had breakfast yet, just needed a rant. I see Ted is
> pulling up in front of the house and the rain keeps coming down.
>
> Bev
>

> PS FluffySP frustrated at not being allowed outside again after being
> dried off has refused to use the litter box and done it on the floor
> instead to spite me, screammmmmmmmmmmmm.
>
> --

Kind of having "one of those days"??? :-)))

Purrs and hugs coming your way. By the way,
happy upcoming Birthday!!

Junebug

SUQKRT
August 22nd 03, 04:07 PM
In article >, Bev > wrote:

>Surely nothing else can happen. John is sleeping the sleep of the just
>and I haven't even had breakfast yet, just needed a rant. I see Ted is
>pulling up in front of the house and the rain keeps coming down.
>
>Bev

Poor Bev I hope things improve.
Suz
Iron Chef Macmoosette
Thank Heavens There's Only One

Chocolate heals all wounds.

August 22nd 03, 10:58 PM
Bev > wrote:

> Ted and I were born in the same year so we call it our vintage
> year, rofl.

I like that! :)

Joyce, vintage 1954 (b'day Sept. 18, coming up soon - eek!)

Bev
August 23rd 03, 01:36 AM
John Biltz wrote:

> On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 13:21:30 -0700, Bev wrote
> (in message >):
>
> > Thanks for the birthday wishes Donna, I feel about 99 after yesterday
> > lol. Believe it or not it is still teeming with rain and Ted said we
> > have to wait until things dry out before the roof can be 'sleeved',
> > whatever he means by that. Ted and I were born in the same year so we
> > call it our vintage year, rofl. BTW the weather forecast is for rain
> > for the rest of the week.
> >
> > FluffySP is agitating to go out and get wet but I am not falling for
> > that one again. I have found flat bowls for the drips in the patio and
> > weighed them down to kitty proof them - so have now got everything under
> > control. The eggs have found another home so are also kitty proof.
> >
> > Sadly Clyde found my dear little ornamental Austrian-type hat which hung
> > on the patio wall until disturbed by Ted It was covered in little cute
> > berries and flowers and ribbons - no more, sigh.
>
> I know what you mean and you have my condolences. I think I have been
> inoculated against kitten fever for a long time.

John, my kitten fever has well and truly passed - I have had plenty of
kittens in my life but none quite as naughty as these lol. They are
getting bigger and heavier and show no signs of letting up. The
frightening part is that they may remain kittens forever, yikes.

Bev
--
God may have created man before woman but there is always a rough draft
before the masterpiece.

August 23rd 03, 02:42 AM
Christine Burel > wrote:

>> Joyce, vintage 1954 (b'day Sept. 18, coming up soon - eek!)
> I'm also a 1954er - July. It's next year that's going to be hard.

Yep, next year's the big one!! And it's my first decade birthday where
I have negative feelings about it. I was fine turning 30, and had no
problem turning 40 either. But that's because I grew up with positive
role models for both the 30s and the 40s. But I don't have any positive
images of the 50s!! Can any of you 50-somethings help? Tell me that
life goes on after 50!

Joyce

Steve Touchstone
August 23rd 03, 03:35 AM
On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 18:17:50 -0600, "Christine Burel"
> wrote:

> wrote in message
>> Bev > wrote:
>>
>> > Ted and I were born in the same year so we call it our vintage
>> > year, rofl.
>>
>> I like that! :)
>>
>> Joyce, vintage 1954 (b'day Sept. 18, coming up soon - eek!)
>I'm also a 1954er - July. It's next year that's going to be hard.
>Christine

Must have been a good year -

June '54 here

Yoj
August 23rd 03, 04:17 AM
> wrote in message
> Christine Burel > wrote:
>
> >> Joyce, vintage 1954 (b'day Sept. 18, coming up soon - eek!)
> > I'm also a 1954er - July. It's next year that's going to be hard.
>
> Yep, next year's the big one!! And it's my first decade birthday where
> I have negative feelings about it. I was fine turning 30, and had no
> problem turning 40 either. But that's because I grew up with positive
> role models for both the 30s and the 40s. But I don't have any
positive
> images of the 50s!! Can any of you 50-somethings help? Tell me that
> life goes on after 50!
>
> Joyce

Yes, it definitely does. I became a widow at age 50. I was always an
introvert. My husband was an extrovert, so I always let him run
interference for me. Suddenly I was on my own. It took me a year or so
to get kick-started (It takes a while to learn to kick yourself in the
behind <G>). Then I joined Toastmasters, and came out of my shell. I
have a ball with that, belong to three Toastmasters clubs, and compete
in their semi-annual contests. I have a collection of trophies to prove
it. I also found out I can travel on my own, and enjoy it. Granted, it
helps if you have friends you've met on newsgroups in the places you
visit, but even if you don't, you can have a wonderful time. I have a
very satisfactory life, and I will be 68 in November.

If that isn't enough encouragement, my mother was widowed at age 74.
She had been living on the Central Coast of California; then she moved
to Northern California to be near my sister. She began traveling with
Elderhostel, and occasionally on her own. At age 80, she moved to
Alaska. (My sister and her husband moved there at the same time.) She
is 91 now, and still having fun. She had to give up her car a couple of
years ago, but she has a senior scooter, and in good weather drives
herself to church, to the market, and to the Senior Citizens Center for
the three-times-a-week exercise class. In most weeks she eats lunch out
with friends more times than she has lunch at home.

There is definitely life after 50. And 60. And 70. And . . .

Joy

Joy

August 23rd 03, 04:48 AM
Yoj > wrote:

>> Tell me that life goes on after 50!
>> Joyce

> Yes, it definitely does. I became a widow at age 50. I was always an
> introvert. My husband was an extrovert, so I always let him run
> interference for me. Suddenly I was on my own. It took me a year or so
> to get kick-started (It takes a while to learn to kick yourself in the
> behind <G>). Then I joined Toastmasters, and came out of my shell. I
> have a ball with that, belong to three Toastmasters clubs, and compete
> in their semi-annual contests. I have a collection of trophies to prove
> it. I also found out I can travel on my own, and enjoy it.

Thanks, Joy! I love hearing stories like this!

Joyce

Seanette Blaylock
August 23rd 03, 05:38 AM
had some very interesting things to say
about Re: vintage year:
>"Christine Burel" wrote:
> > I'm also a 1954er - July. It's next year that's going to be hard.
>Steve Touchstone > wrote:
> > Must have been a good year -
> > June '54 here
>Wow, June, July - I'm starting to feel like a kid! :)
>Joyce (September)

Tell me about it :-)

Seanette [August 1969]

--
Seanette Blaylock
"You attribute perfect rationality to the whole of humanity, which has

m. L. Briggs
August 23rd 03, 06:28 AM
On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 01:42:28 GMT, wrote:

>Christine Burel > wrote:
>
> >> Joyce, vintage 1954 (b'day Sept. 18, coming up soon - eek!)
> > I'm also a 1954er - July. It's next year that's going to be hard.
>
>Yep, next year's the big one!! And it's my first decade birthday where
>I have negative feelings about it. I was fine turning 30, and had no
>problem turning 40 either. But that's because I grew up with positive
>role models for both the 30s and the 40s. But I don't have any positive
>images of the 50s!! Can any of you 50-somethings help? Tell me that
>life goes on after 50!
>
>Joyce

Here is a little ditty for you vintagers:

When I was 30 the day grew cold
Nothing could cheer me -- old! old! old!
When I was 40 I managed a grin
Now maybe life would really begin!
Now that I'm 50, I'm really quite gay
And 60 seems younger every day!
(author unknown)

polonca12000
August 23rd 03, 02:16 PM
Good for you and for your mother, Joy!
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Yoj" > wrote in message
<snip>Then I joined Toastmasters, and came out of my shell.

bewtifulfreak
August 23rd 03, 04:40 PM
Seanette Blaylock wrote:
> had some very interesting things to say
> about Re: vintage year:
>> "Christine Burel" wrote:
>>> I'm also a 1954er - July. It's next year that's going to be hard.
>> Steve Touchstone > wrote:
>>> Must have been a good year -
>>> June '54 here
>> Wow, June, July - I'm starting to feel like a kid! :)
>> Joyce (September)
>
> Tell me about it :-)
>
> Seanette [August 1969]

Me, too! :)

Ann [April 1969]

CK
August 23rd 03, 04:47 PM
bewtifulfreak wrote:
> Seanette Blaylock wrote:
had some very interesting things to say
>>about Re: vintage year:

>>>Wow, June, July - I'm starting to feel like a kid! :)
>>>Joyce (September)
>>
>>Tell me about it :-)
>>
>>Seanette [August 1969]
>
> Me, too! :)
>
> Ann [April 1969]

And I'm inbetween all of you with my July 1963. :)

Christine in Vantaa, Finland (Europe)
Email: christal63(at)yahoo(dot)com
Photos: http://photos.yahoo.com/christal63

bewtifulfreak
August 23rd 03, 04:54 PM
CK wrote:

> And I'm inbetween all of you with my July 1963. :)

Happy Belated Birthday!!!

That's also my hubby's year. :)

David Stevenson
August 23rd 03, 05:50 PM
Bev wrote

>Surely nothing else can happen.

Goodness, I hope it does.

If ever your life becomes staid and boring, all the rest of us will
lose something important.

WE WANT THINGS TO HAPPEN TO BEV !!!
WE WANT THINGS TO HAPPEN TO BEV !!!
WE WANT THINGS TO HAPPEN TO BEV !!!
WE WANT THINGS TO HAPPEN TO BEV !!!

--
David Stevenson Storypage: http://blakjak.com/sty_menu.htm
Liverpool, England, UK > Emails welcome

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)
August 23rd 03, 08:27 PM
Bev wrote:

> Sadly Clyde found my dear little ornamental Austrian-type hat which hung
> on the patio wall until disturbed by Ted It was covered in little cute
> berries and flowers and ribbons - no more, sigh.

I'll be in Vienna over Christmas - I'd offer to send you one, but I
suspect that's the wrong time of year for such things. Now knit scarves
and stocking-caps...... but you're heading toward spring in your part of
the world, aren't you? (Anyway, such things are more practical than
ornamental.)

Yowie
August 23rd 03, 11:32 PM
Purrs that the headache goes away, but I can't quite agree with Polonca -
for your problems to end you'd have to part with B&C (I know Polonca didn't
mean it that way, though). And not only would that be heartbreaking for you,
it would mean we'd not get any more B&C stories. And thats just not allowed.

Although perhaps you may wish to consider respite care :-)

Yowie

"polonca12000" > wrote in message
> Lots of purrs and best wishes for all your problems to end, Bev,
> --
> Polonca & Soncek
>
> "Bev" > wrote in message
> > Our patio roof has been leaking and I have been putting a bucket under
> > the leak <snip>
> > PS FluffySP frustrated at not being allowed outside again after being
> > dried off has refused to use the litter box and done it on the floor
> > instead to spite me, screammmmmmmmmmmmm.

Yowie
August 23rd 03, 11:36 PM
"Seanette Blaylock" > wrote in
message ...
> had some very interesting things to say
> about Re: vintage year:
> >"Christine Burel" wrote:
> > > I'm also a 1954er - July. It's next year that's going to be hard.
> >Steve Touchstone > wrote:
> > > Must have been a good year -
> > > June '54 here
> >Wow, June, July - I'm starting to feel like a kid! :)
> >Joyce (September)
>
> Tell me about it :-)
>
> Seanette [August 1969]

'69 was an *excellent* year

Yowie, July 1969

Yoj
August 24th 03, 01:04 AM
Thank you, Polonca.

--
Joy

Laughter is to life what shock absorbers are to automobiles. It won't
take the potholes out of the road, but it sure makes the ride smoother.
-- Barbara Johnson

"polonca12000" > wrote in message
> Good for you and for your mother, Joy!
> Best wishes,
> --
> Polonca & Soncek
>
> "Yoj" > wrote in message
> <snip>Then I joined Toastmasters, and came out of my shell.

m. L. Briggs
August 24th 03, 01:44 AM
On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 23:00:49 GMT, Tanada > wrote:

wrote:

>> "Christine Burel" wrote:
>>
>> > I'm also a 1954er - July. It's next year that's going to be hard.
>>
>> Steve Touchstone > wrote:
>>
>> > Must have been a good year -
>> > June '54 here
>>
>> Wow, June, July - I'm starting to feel like a kid! :)
>>
>> Joyce (September)
>

>Sept. '55 here. Rob used to joke that a man is only as old as the woman
>he feels. Which is really funny, as I'm seven years older than him.
>Rob also says that 1955 was a great year for songs, women, and cars...he
>didn't know about the wine. So, to paraphrase Rob, "you're only as old
>as the partner you feel." In that case I'm 41. I'm looking forward to
>50 though. Each year seems to be more fun than the last one.
>
>When I'm fifty....
>
>I'll be eligible for AARP,
>
>Will qualify for some senior citizen discounts,
>
>Won't have to listen to "Lordy, lordy, look who's in their forties" any
>more,
>
>Can claim all gray hair as a legitimate life expense,
>
>Will hear, "my you look young," rather than "Gee I thought you were in
>your fifties,"
>
>Will be eligible for elderhostel programs soon,
>
>Can get grouchy over the kids' music and no one will blame me for it,
>
>Could join the red hat society, if I want (I don't, but it sounds good),
>
>Can f*rt in public without people looking at me as funny as they do
>now. Everyone knows that old people can't help it,
>
>Can call young people "Sonny,"
>
>Can be a legitimate card carrying "Cat Lady,"
>
>Can continue this list when I can think of more advantages,
>
>Pam S.

You all are just in the old age of youth! Middle age is near, but old
age is a long way away. My b'day is Sept. 16 but the year was long,
long ago.

Remember this" Kitties keep you young. MLB

Tanada
August 24th 03, 01:50 AM
"m. L. Briggs" wrote:

> You all are just in the old age of youth! Middle age is near, but old
> age is a long way away. My b'day is Sept. 16 but the year was long,
> long ago.
>
> Remember this" Kitties keep you young. MLB

My Purrday is Sept. 17, and though the year was 48 years ago, I'm still
having a grand old time. Another reason for enjoying 50: Long hair on
a 50 yr. old (either gender) is considered awesome, on a 40 year old is
usually considered laziness.

Pam S.

LOL
August 24th 03, 07:11 AM
CK > wrote in message >...

> And I'm inbetween all of you with my July 1963. :)

I'm another in-betweener - November 1966. :-)

------
Krista

CK
August 24th 03, 10:25 AM
CK wrote:

> And I'm inbetween all of you with my July 1963. :)

Dang!! It's June 1963, not July... Getting my months mixed at this old
age... :p

Christine in Vantaa, Finland (Europe)
Email: christal63(at)yahoo(dot)com
Photos: http://photos.yahoo.com/christal63

CK
August 24th 03, 10:27 AM
bewtifulfreak wrote:
> CK wrote:
>>And I'm inbetween all of you with my July 1963. :)
>
> Happy Belated Birthday!!!
>
> That's also my hubby's year. :)

Thank you! :)
My hubby's quite a bit younger than me, but my being so childish and him
mature for his age, it evens things up. He's September 1976.

Christine in Vantaa, Finland (Europe)
Email: christal63(at)yahoo(dot)com
Photos: http://photos.yahoo.com/christal63

CK
August 24th 03, 10:28 AM
Tanada wrote:

> BABIES!!!
>
> Pam S. Snickering

Old bag!! :p
But a nice old bag... :)

Christine in Vantaa, Finland (Europe)
Email: christal63(at)yahoo(dot)com
Photos: http://photos.yahoo.com/christal63

August 24th 03, 11:34 AM
Tanada > wrote:

> When I'm fifty....

> I'll be eligible for AARP,

> Will qualify for some senior citizen discounts,

> Won't have to listen to "Lordy, lordy, look who's in their forties" any
> more,

You will not have to worry about being hip anymore, because by the time
you're 50, it's out of the question. (Paraphrased from Dave Barry.)

Joyce

polonca12000
August 24th 03, 02:26 PM
The kitties sure keep you amused, Bev!
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Bev" > wrote in message
<snip>> At the moment they have a new game called 'Chasing FluffySP'. Clyde
> chases FSP, stops half way down the hall and goes back - Bonnie waits
> down the other end of the hall and chases her back to Clyde. FSP loves
> it - she bounds along like a animated fur ball this way and that way,
> and the pounding of twelve paws sounds like the rumble of thunder.

Debbie Maizels
August 24th 03, 02:55 PM
Yowie > wrote:

> "Seanette Blaylock" > wrote in
> message ...

> > Tell me about it :-)
> >
> > Seanette [August 1969]
>
> '69 was an *excellent* year
>
> Yowie, July 1969

Oh yes :))
(Sept 1969)

Deb.

--
Y! diatomdeb :: 0°07'W 51°18'N :: www.scientific-art.com

Adrian
August 24th 03, 03:23 PM
CK wrote:
> Tanada wrote:
>
>> BABIES!!!
>>
>> Pam S. Snickering
>>

> Old bag!! :p
> But a nice old bag... :)

I don't feel so old now, March 1957
--
Adrian
"The Cat. He walked by himself, and all places were alike to him."

bewtifulfreak
August 24th 03, 07:46 PM
m. L. Briggs wrote:

> You all are just in the old age of youth! Middle age is near, but old
> age is a long way away. My b'day is Sept. 16 but the year was long,
> long ago.

Same as my hubby's b-day! He's the big 4-0 this year (and quaking in his
boots).... :)

> Remember this" Kitties keep you young.

That they do indeed.... :)

bewtifulfreak
August 24th 03, 07:47 PM
CK wrote:
> bewtifulfreak wrote:
>> CK wrote:
>>> And I'm inbetween all of you with my July 1963. :)
>>
>> Happy Belated Birthday!!!
>>
>> That's also my hubby's year. :)
>>

> Thank you! :)
> My hubby's quite a bit younger than me, but my being so childish and
> him mature for his age, it evens things up. He's September 1976.

LOL....well, love knows no age.... :)

Tanada
August 24th 03, 08:09 PM
CK wrote:

> Tanada wrote:
>
> > BABIES!!!
> >
> > Pam S. Snickering
> >

> Old bag!! :p
> But a nice old bag... :)

He he he. I'm a cranky old bag, usually. But Rob, cats, kids, and
paxil have kinda evened me out a little. I have gotten so that I think
of anyone under 35 as babies though. I'm terrible when we go to a
military ceremony and most of the soldiers there are in the same age
range as my three. Rob has to hiss at me to shut up.

Pam S. who thinks wars should be fought by the old.

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)
August 24th 03, 09:52 PM
polonca12000 wrote:

> The kitties sure keep you amused, Bev!

Hmmmm.... I'm not quite sure "amused" is the correct choice of words,
here!

CK
August 25th 03, 02:21 PM
Tanada wrote:

> I can drive the kids nuts with sex talk. They already think that all
> their father and I really do in our bedroom is talk, watch tv, and
> sleep.

And how do they imagine that they themselves came about?? Brought by the
stork?? Immaculate conception?? Grew up in the cabbage pad (or worse
yet, in the corn field...)?? Or maybe sex is off-limits to people over a
certain age??

Christine in Vantaa, Finland (Europe)
Email: christal63(at)yahoo(dot)com
Photos: http://photos.yahoo.com/christal63

Tanada
August 25th 03, 07:32 PM
CK wrote:

> Well as I'm not under 35 you can't classify me as a baby!!
> Being born in June '63 makes me 40... at least on paper... ;)

LOL, you're a year younger than Rob, my hubby. I don't consider him a
baby either. He just acts young, which is a big advantage when you're
up against the ropes. Rob is quite an awesome guy. I was telling the
kids last night about how the neighborhood kids at Ft Campbell would
come over and ask if my "Daddy could come out and play." He taught them
how to fly kites, engaged them in water fights, took them bug hunting,
blow bubbles for them to stomp on, and was pretty decent about any
reasonable play requests. Most of the other daddies wanted to stay
inside and watch sports rather than play with their kids. I feel sorry
for them.

Pam S.

Tanada
August 25th 03, 07:34 PM
CK wrote:

> And how do they imagine that they themselves came about?? Brought by the
> stork?? Immaculate conception?? Grew up in the cabbage pad (or worse
> yet, in the corn field...)?? Or maybe sex is off-limits to people over a
> certain age??

Oh, they know we had sex to get them, they just don't want to think
about us old people "doin' it." I think it's anyone having sex over the
age of 30-40.

Pam S.

bewtifulfreak
August 26th 03, 01:02 AM
Tanada wrote:

> LOL, you're a year younger than Rob, my hubby. I don't consider him a
> baby either. He just acts young, which is a big advantage when you're
> up against the ropes. Rob is quite an awesome guy. I was telling the
> kids last night about how the neighborhood kids at Ft Campbell would
> come over and ask if my "Daddy could come out and play." He taught
> them how to fly kites, engaged them in water fights, took them bug
> hunting, blow bubbles for them to stomp on, and was pretty decent
> about any reasonable play requests. Most of the other daddies wanted
> to stay inside and watch sports rather than play with their kids. I
> feel sorry for them.

Me, too....that's wonderful, what lucky kids you have, and what a lucky wife
you are! :)`

Ann

--

http://www.angelfire.com/ca/bewtifulfreak

Yowie
August 26th 03, 10:43 AM
"Tanada" > wrote in message
> CK wrote:
> >

> > Well as I'm not under 35 you can't classify me as a baby!!
> > Being born in June '63 makes me 40... at least on paper... ;)
> >

> LOL, you're a year younger than Rob, my hubby. I don't consider him a
> baby either. He just acts young, which is a big advantage when you're
> up against the ropes. Rob is quite an awesome guy. I was telling the
> kids last night about how the neighborhood kids at Ft Campbell would
> come over and ask if my "Daddy could come out and play." He taught them
> how to fly kites, engaged them in water fights, took them bug hunting,
> blow bubbles for them to stomp on, and was pretty decent about any
> reasonable play requests. Most of the other daddies wanted to stay
> inside and watch sports rather than play with their kids. I feel sorry
> for them.

Way to go Rob!

Ok, my body has to get older, thats one of those things. But you have
permission to shoot me deader than dead if I ever start thinking or acting
old!

Somehow, with Joel around, I don't think I'm in any mortal danger yet. The
lump will probably grow up saying "But Muuuuuuum, its *my* go on the
swing/for the toy, geroff!".

Of course I will cackle evilly, as all good Horrid Mothers do.....

Yowie, already having plans to be a Great Embarassment to my progeny (at
least when they are teenagers) :-)

August 26th 03, 12:01 PM
Yowie > wrote:

> Everyone knows that one's own's parents don't actually *do* it, that would
> be, like, well *GROSSSSS!*

> I mean sure, ok, they had to like, have sex to, like, reproduce and all,
> but thats not anything like actually doing it like *we* do.

Well, I know that my parents did it 3 times - one for me, and one for
each of my two sisters. :)

Joyce

Motherthing
August 26th 03, 02:08 PM
> wrote in message
> Yowie > wrote:
>
> > Everyone knows that one's own's parents don't actually *do* it, that
would
> > be, like, well *GROSSSSS!*
>
> > I mean sure, ok, they had to like, have sex to, like, reproduce and
all,
> > but thats not anything like actually doing it like *we* do.
>
> Well, I know that my parents did it 3 times - one for me, and one for
> each of my two sisters. :)
>
> Joyce

I'm one of the few who can honestly say that I'm not sure if my parents ever
'did it'. I'm adopted and mom has this really baaaaad attitude about sex.
So you see, we were the generation that invented sex. Of course, my kids
will believe that they did when they get there, too.

--
Motherthing

Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers
are starving to death.
- Rosalind Russell

bewtifulfreak
August 26th 03, 06:24 PM
Tanada wrote:

> Don't wait until they're in their teens, Vicky. Start them off early.
> When the kids were little, and would act up in stores (you know,
> touching the produce, squabbling with their sibs that sort of thing,
> never really bad), I'd tell them that A) I was going to tell their
> mommy
> on them, or B) to go back to their real parents as none of my kids
> would ever act like that. Each statement would prompt a chorus of
> "But you
> are our mommy." By the time we'd finished arguing it out, we were all
> laughing and whatever behavior I didn't like was forgotten. My kids
> are bright, polite, and going to be shelling out a fortune in Psych
> bills.
> I always figured that if I was going to be blamed for everything that
> ever happened to them, I might as well earn it.

LOL....what a brilliant idea!!! Sounds to me like your kids would be the
least likely candidates for therapy I know; being raised with a sense of
humor goes a long way.... ;)

Ann

--

http://www.angelfire.com/ca/bewtifulfreak

bewtifulfreak
August 26th 03, 06:26 PM
CK wrote:

> I act young too. You should see me around chocolate easter eggs, you
> know the kind with surprises inside, or at Christmas when it's time
> for presents, or running around the apartment playing catch-the-cat -
> Laku loves that!! :) I don't know how to fly a kite tho, not a real
> kite,
> only the cheapo version we used to fly as kids - we tied a few bright
> plastic bags at intervals on a long piece of string and pulled the
> whole contraption around on a windy day... :D

That's wonderful! Anyway, they say age is only a matter of mind: if you
don't mind, it doesn't matter! I may grow up a little more here and there,
but I see no reason to ever grow old.... :)

Ann

--

http://www.angelfire.com/ca/bewtifulfreak

Tanada
August 26th 03, 07:31 PM
CK wrote:

> I act young too. You should see me around chocolate easter eggs, you
> know the kind with surprises inside, or at Christmas when it's time for
> presents, or running around the apartment playing catch-the-cat - Laku
> loves that!! :) I don't know how to fly a kite tho, not a real kite,
> only the cheapo version we used to fly as kids - we tied a few bright
> plastic bags at intervals on a long piece of string and pulled the whole
> contraption around on a windy day... :D

With Rob, it's Cadbury creme eggs. With Christmas, he's more excited
about coming up with a special present for one of us than what he can
get. I'm the one who insists on decorating the house, tree, front
porch, mailbox, and anything else I can think of. You really need to
learn how to fly kites. Rob taught me, and it is a family tradition now
to take a kite per person to Cape Hatteras where the winds are always
good for flying stuff. We also get them out to play frisbee, water
fight, and whatever else we can think of. I don't think we'll ever grow
up. It's too boring.

Pam S.

CK
August 26th 03, 07:48 PM
Tanada wrote:
> You really need to
> learn how to fly kites. Rob taught me, and it is a family tradition now
> to take a kite per person to Cape Hatteras where the winds are always
> good for flying stuff.

Well if we ever get around to coming to your neck of the woods, you can
teach me to fly a kite, OK? :)

Christine in Vantaa, Finland (Europe)
Email: christal63(at)yahoo(dot)com
Photos: http://photos.yahoo.com/christal63

Tanada
August 26th 03, 10:08 PM
CK wrote:

> Tanada wrote:
> > You really need to
> > learn how to fly kites. Rob taught me, and it is a family tradition now
> > to take a kite per person to Cape Hatteras where the winds are always
> > good for flying stuff.
>
> Well if we ever get around to coming to your neck of the woods, you can
> teach me to fly a kite, OK? :)

Christine, if you ever make it to North Carolina, I'd be proud to help
Rob teach you how to fly kites. Rob is the pro at flying them, I've
only flown one or two kites. It's fun, exciting and a little stressful
as the kits feels like its going to get away when it gets up really
high.

Pam S.