PDA

View Full Version : Re: OT heaving...

Yoj
August 22nd 03, 08:46 PM
Congratulations to Nathan! He is obviously very bright. It can be hard
to get bright kids motivated. The fact that he's taking advanced
courses two years early might help, especially if he gets something that
really interests him. Maybe you could appeal to his ego by mentioning
the fact that his getting an "A" in an advanced class, when many older
students can't do that, would be a feather in his cap.

Good luck! Raising gifted kids isn't easy, but it can be very
rewarding.

--
Joy

Laughter is to life what shock absorbers are to automobiles. It won't
take the potholes out of the road, but it sure makes the ride smoother.
-- Barbara Johnson

"wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX" > wrote in
message ...
> It's black eye time. Due to the maternal bosums heaving with pride.
Nathan took
> GCSE astronomy two years early and he's passed (Grade C). Not the
highest pass,
> but not the worst, and not bad for someone taking it two years early.
Not bad
> either for someone who did very little work.... an hour a week in his
own time
> after school... and not much in the way of revision (sigh...).
>
> I'm letting him have a couple of days or so of basking in his
achievement and
> then will do the "I'm very proud of you and imagine what you can
achieve if you
> did more work/revision!" as I don't want him thinking that he can now
sail
> through the rest of his GCSEs/GNVQ by doing very little work!
>
> Cheers, helen s
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~
> This is sent from a redundant email
> Mail sent to it is dumped
> My correct one can be gleaned from
> h*$el***$$n*$d$ot$**s**i$$m*$m$**on**$s$@*$$a**$*o l*$*.*$$c$om*$
> by getting rid of the overdependence on money and fame
> ~~~~~~~~~~

Lucy's Mom
August 23rd 03, 03:20 AM
Congratulations to Nathan!!
and I hear steak is good for those black eyes ;)

On 22 Aug 2003 09:14:56 GMT,
(wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX) wrote:

>It's black eye time. Due to the maternal bosums heaving with pride. Nathan took
>GCSE astronomy two years early and he's passed (Grade C). Not the highest pass,
>but not the worst, and not bad for someone taking it two years early. Not bad
>either for someone who did very little work.... an hour a week in his own time
>after school... and not much in the way of revision (sigh...).
>
>I'm letting him have a couple of days or so of basking in his achievement and
>then will do the "I'm very proud of you and imagine what you can achieve if you
>did more work/revision!" as I don't want him thinking that he can now sail
>through the rest of his GCSEs/GNVQ by doing very little work!
>
>Cheers, helen s
>
>~~~~~~~~~~
>This is sent from a redundant email
>Mail sent to it is dumped
>My correct one can be gleaned from
>h*$el***$$n*$d$ot$**s**i$$m*$m$**on**$s$@*$$a**$*o l*$*.*$$c$om*$
>by getting rid of the overdependence on money and fame
>~~~~~~~~~~

wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX
August 23rd 03, 04:29 PM
>Concatulations Nathen!! Has this cost you more money Helen? :-)

Thanks Adrian - undoubtly it will cost me dear ;-) No reward was promised, but
Vernon & I have decided to get him *something* just not sure what, as yet.

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
This is sent from a redundant email
Mail sent to it is dumped
My correct one can be gleaned from
h*$el***$$n*$d$ot$**s**i$$m*$m$**on**$s$@*$$a**$*o l*$*.*$$c$om*$
by getting rid of the overdependence on money and fame
~~~~~~~~~~

wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX
August 23rd 03, 08:50 PM
>A KITTEN ;-)
>
>just kidding, but first thing I thought of when I read this

Hah! As much as I love cats, three permanent feline residents in the household
is sufficient for the moment. He'll probably end up egtting *something* for his
bike, such as proper tribars or a rear disk wheel... just don't tell him that
;-)

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
This is sent from a redundant email
Mail sent to it is dumped
My correct one can be gleaned from
h*$el***$$n*$d$ot$**s**i$$m*$m$**on**$s$@*$$a**$*o l*$*.*$$c$om*$
by getting rid of the overdependence on money and fame
~~~~~~~~~~

Sam Nash
August 24th 03, 12:01 AM
Congratulations, Nathan and Helen. Not sure what the four-letter-acronyms
are for, but I can tell a Proud Momma a block away!
Sam
"wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX" > wrote in message
> It's black eye time. Due to the maternal bosums heaving with pride. Nathan
took
> GCSE astronomy two years early and he's passed (Grade C). Not the highest
pass,
> but not the worst, and not bad for someone taking it two years early. Not
bad
> either for someone who did very little work.... an hour a week in his own
time
> after school... and not much in the way of revision (sigh...).
>
> I'm letting him have a couple of days or so of basking in his achievement
and
> then will do the "I'm very proud of you and imagine what you can achieve
if you
> did more work/revision!" as I don't want him thinking that he can now sail
> through the rest of his GCSEs/GNVQ by doing very little work!
>
> Cheers, helen s
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~
> This is sent from a redundant email
> Mail sent to it is dumped
> My correct one can be gleaned from
> h*$el***$$n*$d$ot$**s**i$$m*$m$**on**$s$@*$$a**$*o l*$*.*$$c$om*$
> by getting rid of the overdependence on money and fame

wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX
August 24th 03, 08:08 AM
>Congratulations, Nathan and Helen. Not sure what the four-letter-acronyms
>are for, but I can tell a Proud Momma a block away!
>Sam

Thanks Sam :-)

Cheers, helen s